kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

[Fixed] tents spawning one sort of item and too much of it in each tent

[bug] weapon in your hands not showing after you eat a canned food, its still there but you can't see it and you can't equip anything else in your hands. [need confirmation]

Haven't had the issue after eating but when you are double carrying and you climb a tower etc. without dropping the weapon first, it still bugs out to where you can't pick it up without relogging. It's on the ground, you can't put it in your hands, but once you relog, it'll be in your hands.

• Like 1

Haven't had the issue after eating but when you are double carrying and you climb a tower etc. without dropping the weapon first, it still bugs out to where you can't pick it up without relogging. It's on the ground, you can't put it in your hands, but once you relog, it'll be in your hands.

that sounds like my issue, still i had it with eating some beans xD

Twice now Vybor has had 2 cop cars in fairly close proximity to the police station.

The car closest to the station had an MP5 and magazines and ammo but the station itself had only CR75's and road flares for the most part.

There seemed to be a CR75 in nearly every room.

Before you try relogging in/out next time use the "G" action to throw it, then pick it up.

Visited Kamensk military base on 2 different servers. Found an AKM, AK74, AK74-U, 2 mags for AKM, SVD mag and a lot of more stuff.

What do people mean with almost no military weapons?

Keep in mind they can change loot spawning on the fly now.  Just for a comparision, last night I did a full NWAF run on a 1pp server.  I found 2 SKS (tons of SKS ammo), some damage scopes, some makarovs and an MP5 (which was dropped by someone else).  Tons of boots, various helmets and an pile of UMP maps but no AKs of any kind, no vests, no back packs and the only clothing I found was pants (WTF is up with no tops?).

So maybe they tweaked something today to increase it.

Before you try relogging in/out next time use the "G" action to throw it, then pick it up.

Last time I had that problem and I pressed G, I had an SVD, and he chucked it .. never to be seen again.

• Like 1

Last time I had that problem and I pressed G, I had an SVD, and he chucked it .. never to be seen again.

I did something similar once.  I was in a fire fight clearing a building in Pavolo military compound.  I hit my hotkey to equip a grenade and then proceed to throw.  Only did I notice a second too late that the grenade didn't actually equip and I instead threw my AKM towards the unfriendly player.  I was able to quickly retreat but I have to wonder what he thought seeing me throw a fully kitted AKM his way.

Edited by Briljin
  • Like 2

How long do bear traps and tripwires theoretically persist?

How long do bear traps and tripwires theoretically persist?

They disarm and degrad one or two steps every reset.

• Like 3

They disarm and degrad one or two steps every reset.

so maybe a day or two?

so maybe a day or two?

I'm not sure if they degrade if not armed or fall into the 30 min cleanup that was talked about in the status report or not. I only tried bearyrPs and mines do just assuming about the tripwires. If you want to get any milage out of a trap you want to set it right after a reset.

I'm not sure if they degrade if not armed or fall into the 30 min cleanup that was talked about in the status report or not. I only tried bearyrPs and mines do just assuming about the tripwires. If you want to get any milage out of a trap you want to set it right after a reset.

Cheers. Are guns outside of backpacks non-persistent i.e. get cleaned up after 30 mins?

Cheers. Are guns outside of backpacks non-persistent i.e. get cleaned up after 30 mins?

Guns should be persistent I think, if someone knows are handguns persistent too would be nice to know.

Guns should be persistent I think, if someone knows are handguns persistent too would be nice to know.

Did they get mentioned in the report? They used to be persistent when persistence was first in but I don't know about now.

Sure we have a whole weekend to test it!

Did they get mentioned in the report? They used to be persistent when persistence was first in but I don't know about now.

Just gifted another friend dayz ... I have now a squad of three for experimental testing :)!

• Like 5

The status report only mentions containers pretty much. But before this last persistence wipe, we've had plenty of weapons on the ground for multiple days. Weapons have been persistent for the past few updates as far as I know and have noticed.

If this link works, this was one of our camps some weeks back.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=480556594

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

The status report only mentions containers pretty much. But before this last persistence wipe, we've had plenty of weapons on the ground for multiple days. Weapons have been persistent for the past few updates as far as I know and have noticed.

Not to quibble but that looks like guns in a container:D I mean guns outside. When persistence first came in and that bone/spine damage thing was still going I decided I'd dump my gear and suicide. For one reason or another I didn't get back for over two days. Everything was gone - clothing/vest - except for the gun and backpack.

edit: or is that stuff in the tent but not in the tent inventory?

Edited by freethink

Not to quibble but that looks like guns in a container:D I mean guns outside. When persistence first came in and that bone/spine damage thing was still going I decided I'd dump my gear and suicide. For one reason or another I didn't get back for over two days. Everything was gone - clothing/vest - except for the gun and backpack.

edit: or is that stuff in the tent but not in the tent inventory?

That stuff is on the ground. The tent was full as well heh. We tend to leave the guns laying on the ground since they take up a lot of container space.

Seen my first rainbow recently .. it was very hard to see but I spotted it!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=490352690

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 3

That stuff is on the ground. The tent was full as well heh. We tend to leave the guns laying on the ground since they take up a lot of container space.

Yep I realised that 14 minutes after my initial post. :D

Hey Everyone, Am I missing something in regards to creating a fresh character? From the home screen I change the appearance form very dark skin to medium dark skin, change the clothing and shoes, click "default Character" hit the back button and go on the search for an exp server but my current character always loads and appears. I just want to fresh start a new adventure and short of jumping off a tall building I can't seem to generate a new character. Any help would be appreciated. 

As IMT mentions, you can't "start a new game" while your character is still alive. You have to either kill off your existing character, or you can start a game on a new hive.

The report mentioned specific timers for containers, but two paragraphs earlier, "With most items on a 30 minute timer (without being "refreshed" by being manipulated by players) ..."

Or just put the other weapon on the ground, pick up the first weapon then the second one.

How long do you sit by the fireplace in order to get rid of the shakes? I have been sitting here for a long time and my gun is still shaking and im not even cold but the hot status doesn't show up either i think it might be bugged. <_<  

How long do you sit by the fireplace in order to get rid of the shakes? I have been sitting here for a long time and my gun is still shaking and im not even cold but the hot status doesn't show up either i think it might be bugged. <_<  

Micro shaking from being cold has been going on for quite a while now, at least several months. Only way to fix it is to die and start a new character.

My mates and me played two hours today. Good performance overall, sometimes a bit laggy.
We found a lot of loot in every town/village, but we haven't seen infected or animals so far.
Sometime we can't pick up the loot and sometime the hands can't be used (relog). If we dropped items, they spawned outside of the house/shed (known issues), but it was a little bit better in other builds, I think.

My buddy dropped the flare inside the police station. Short after the flare despawned, but the light was still there. The smoke and particle effects were between his feet.

475v2utf.jpg

kjgdwmuj.jpg

Tomorrow we will test a bit more and I will share our experiences :)