kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

While I obviously don't know how the CLE is implemented I can imagine that the devs currently use pseudo random variables to get more comparable results of different regions. Maybe it's a bug but I think it would be really easy to make things more random. But if you want reach a certain goal you have to understand the current situation and if everything is random this is much harder.

Obviously, there is already some degree of randomness built into the CLE, otherwise every can would contain beans and every pistol would be a Makarov. But, it seems like every deer stand and every feed shack that I can comfortably visit within an approximate 15 minute travel time radius, contains virtually the same loot. And, it's not like they all have pants, for example. The all have the exact same type/color and condition of pants. It's not restricted to these structures, either.

When I first logged on last night, there were canteens everywhere. As a fresh spawn I didn't have enough room for a canteen. Later, when I did have room, I looked high and low and I couldn't find a canteen, but water bottles were plentiful. After that, I found a dozen compass', one right after the other, in just about every shed that I visited. It seems like every thirty minutes, the CLE becomes obsessed with a new loot item.

I expect that introducing additional randomness may not be a trivial change, but it would add a disproportionate amount of enjoyment for the OCD among us. Worse case scenario, perhaps regional control will allow the CLE to spread things out a bit more. Let's hope.

• Like 2

Trying to figure out what to drop to take this 4th battery.  Already dropped a 30rd, pristine scope MP5 for the 3rd.  This is what DayZ has become.   :D

Just start leaving batteries in the trucks. Glow plugs seem to be less common compared to the batteries, so most people don't even need a battery by the time they are ready to drive a truck.

I can't wait for the new vehicles and vehicle maintenance. Removing doors, wheels, etc. with tools. Animations to go along with it. 0.59 couldn't come fast enough.

• Like 3

Anyone else getting this error logging in? This is not new, just got around to posting it with an image.

ZDjrhf0.png

I think that's the missing texture causing the snow. I was getting one about dragonflies the other day and they appeared as whit specs flying around.

After a whole week off due to moving, I'm finally back in order. Got a chance to play for a bit with Dudester and IMT. 0.58 is looking mighty close to ready for Stable :)

A few shots from this evening:

v3DULFT.jpg

0EgYkR5.jpg

DIID4xf.jpg

• Like 7

When you wake up on the beach, immediately "Search for stones".. Do this until you get a stone. After you have a stone in your hands, "Craft stone knife" on the same beachy/gravel surface.. 

You now have an improvised knife.

Use the knife to cut your shirt into rags.

Throw away your glow stick.

Scrounge for loot to find a water bottle (they aren't rare..)

Eat any food you come across using the knife to open cans.

With the sharp rock you can get sticks from trees, which will allow you to make an improvised bow.. you can also get bark and a stick to make improvised fire-start kit, which will allow you to ignite a fire.. 

Basically, once you have these 3 items, you can survive. Stone knife, Canteen/water bottle/Rags.

That's exactly what I've been doing for the past few months. I loved it when the big plague of starvation/no food anywhere hit us, only some of us survived.  B)    

Patiently waiting for the next.  :lol:   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I think that's the missing texture causing the snow. I was getting one about dragonflies the other day and they appeared as whit specs flying around.

Yep, That's what I think too.

What the heck!  I haven't seen a hunter's backpack since .57!  What server did you find that on?  Are different servers spawning different loot?

I've got an hunter pack with most of my stable characters, as well as the current experimental builds. In 0.57, I often come across them in deer stands, feeding shacks and various sheds. (The door-less, built with various planks, or the big beige/brown shed with the open-able door.)

In 0.58 experimental, I didn't have much luck with the deer stands and feeding shacks, but was still able to come across a few in the sheds.

• Like 1

So the zombie spawning servers wem back to normal servers. Did the push the zeds to all servers or put them away again?

That's exactly what I've been doing for the past few months. I loved it when the big plague of starvation/no food anywhere hit us, only some of us survived.  B)    

The very first evening of 0.57 on Experimental will forever stick in my mind with this game. No loot -- period. It was glorious to watch and participate in the results  ;)

So the zombie spawning servers wem back to normal servers. Did the push the zeds to all servers or put them away again?

I would say they're gone for the moment:

• Like 4

Getting closer... at this point I think we all have a pretty good idea where we need to get to.  Now just hoping the engine upgrade(s) provides the performance boost required to make it so.

The very first evening of 0.57 on Experimental will forever stick in my mind with this game. No loot -- period. It was glorious to watch and participate in the results  ;)

I would say they're gone for the moment:

• Like 1

I would like to bring attention the complete abundance of m4s in experimental as well as the sort of confusing state of the m4 on stable, quoting my reddit post:

• all m4s are being found from dead bodies
  • its always the same worn green magpul handguard m4 or with no handguard at all (protip: m4 spawns with regular handguard and noone has ever seen a regular m4 handgaurd this patch)
  • noone ever posted a heli m4 finding
  • server owners I know restarted their servers a million times and found neither magpul handguard nor m4. you can ask anyone about this, there is plenty of people who do this, they will all say the same.
  • no m4s on private hives because noone is there to dupe it
  • I have talked to people that sell gear, I know this is in fact a business since pretty much release cuz of all the duping, they claim the m4 spawned only in a brief time period during the release and a minipatch removed it. They found it in this period and are duping and selling it since then. This might be a lie but seems the most plausible explanation to me.

I hope this issue will receive attention by the developers and be fixed for the upcoming 58 stable release.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

I would like to bring attention the complete abundance of m4s in experimental as well as the sort of confusing state of the m4 on stable, quoting my reddit post:

I hope this issue will receive attention by the developers and be fixed for the upcoming 58 stable release.

thanks for posting this, i really do hope that this issue will take care of.

if m4's aren't spawning at all, with .58 there would be exactly zero of them cause there is a wipe upcoming so there is no M4 to dupe. it's either no m4's or every one have access so, yeah it would be fair i guess xD

there are so much rumors about the state of loots in current exp that i hope none is true, im going to test it myself too :)

• Like 1

What the heck!  I haven't seen a hunter's backpack since .57!  What server did you find that on?  Are different servers spawning different loot?

Tree stands, Military Guard towers (The large wooden ones, not the skinny green ones), Light brown wooden tool sheds (with door, bucket on the inside).

They are rare.

Edited by Etherimp

Tree stands, Military Guard towers (The large wooden ones, not the skinny green ones), Light brown wooden tool sheds (with door, bucket on the inside).

They are rare.

Found one in the greyish horizontal plank (planks missing) rundown looking sheds as well.

So far i've dyed a hat, a jacket and a vest. everything with nails with the option to dye black.

the vest turned brown and i went from 20 to 14 nails.

the jacket kind of turned black but you can still see some tan and i went from 14 to 18 nails

the hat went full black and i went from 18 to 30 nails

LOL so your a blacksmith/sorcerer making nails using magic? Cool.

• Like 1

apart from tents and immediately after the servers came up has anyone seen an sks anywhere else?

also spawns in the fat barracks(and the narrow ones to a lesser extent) are messed up, it's generally one item spawning multiple times. On the upside I've about 200 sks rounds but I've also seen like 10 pilots helmets or ten bipods.

I'm rocking a mosin which thankfully I have ammo for with a pu plus a shotty and 1911 - I'm guessing a lot of people are the same

Ya I haven't had a mosin with ammo for awhile, but do now and I have a 1911 with 4 mags, which is rare for me.

Edited by Excanto

The loot spread seems good at the moment, although I finally found some crossbow bolts/quivers on the 13th hunting stand I checked. Food was pretty well spread out and varied. Quite a few burlap sacks in upper Berezino but probably 1 or 2 backpacks. I prefer the improvised anyways.  At one point I did have 3 pistols in my backpack with no ammo for any of them but that is normal in my experience. 

I'm glad someone is taking firearms safety seriously in Chernarus and keeping them out of reach of children. :D

2015-07-28_00001.jpg

• Like 2

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but what's the deal with fireplaces? We've set at least 5 and they immediately just poof ... vanished. I just actually got one to work and it burned for a few minutes and it just completely vanished. No ashes or nothing, fire and everything, just gone. It's happened in multiple areas. It's happened with items in it .. and completely empty ones.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but what's the deal with fireplaces? We've set at least 5 and they immediately just poof ... vanished. I just actually got one to work and it burned for a few minutes and it just completely vanished. No ashes or nothing, fire and everything, just gone. It's happened in multiple areas. It's happened with items in it .. and completely empty ones.

Same is happening with branches you cut off tree's, they dissapear after exactly 5 seconds.

Okay, so I just died from hypothermia, while sitting next to a fire, dry, energized and hydrated. How does this happen? I was rapidly warming up the entire time.

It was pouring down constantly and I was drenched .. I got to hypothermia pretty quickly, even while running. It was going for a bit until I could find a spot where the rain wouldn't get through the trees and I got the fire going. I was sitting there for maybe 2-3 minutes and boom .. you are dead.

Can't seem to get a spawn near Pavlovo .. AND the server just came down ..

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

thanks for posting this, i really do hope that this issue will take care of.

if m4's aren't spawning at all, with .58 there would be exactly zero of them cause there is a wipe upcoming so there is no M4 to dupe. it's either no m4's or every one have access so, yeah it would be fair i guess xD

there are so much rumors about the state of loots in current exp that i hope none is true, im going to test it myself too :)

I just hope they actually fix this. Brian claims the m4 spawns rarely but that is not the case. He justifies this with the numbers of m4s being used currently.. guess what, I have just been to cherno and seen (and killed) around 5 m4s there and yep, they were all identical. I want my CQB buttstock back :/ and I want m4s to be a thing in 58.

• Like 1

I just hope they actually fix this. Brian claims the m4 spawns rarely but that is not the case. He justifies this with the numbers of m4s being used currently.. guess what, I have just been to cherno and seen (and killed) around 5 m4s there and yep, they were all identical. I want my CQB buttstock back :/ and I want m4s to be a thing in 58.

I saw them in the loot table so they actually are spawning.When I get home I'll check the spawn chance, if I can find it. Guess they are extremely rare.
  • Like 1

I saw them in the loot table so they actually are spawning.When I get home I'll check the spawn chance, if I can find it. Guess they are extremely rare.

Well either they are 0.54 PM Rak kind of rare or they simply dont spawn (anymore) which is definitely the case in stable.. You underestimate the power of server owners.

Either way I remember reading loot tables are irrelevant! Because loot is exclusively determined by servers now which is how they ninja-added nails, too.

Edited by jayfkay