It was indeed a blatant snipe 

Were you not mining helicrashes?

That is hardly safe testing seems more like 

asshatting for lols 

In the spirit of trading opinions i think you are doing it wrong 

you cant complain about KoS when you hunt/stalk players

Then Again you probably think Lopatino life is boring 

You have me confused with someone else.

I've been to 5 heli crashes in 750 hours by accident months ago like I said I tested the mines on myself and my assistants (my kids).

I can complain about KOS because I hunt animals and stalk players to to survive without violence I have 5 or 6 kills all justifiable and unavoidable.

Not quite sure what "Lopatino life" is?

• Like 1

You have me confused with someone else.

I've been to 5 heli crashes in 750 hours by accident months ago like I said I tested the mines on myself and my assistants (my kids).

I can complain about KOS because I hunt animals and stalk players to to survive without violence I have 5 or 6 kills all justifiable and unavoidable.

Not quite sure what "Lopatino life" is?

Welcome to the club brother, trying to avoid them bandits and those loot hotspots.

I have to say that my faith is a bit restored in the community because lately I have seen a lot of friendly players.

The strange thing is that all these friendly people I met randomly were all from the United Kingdom, judging by their accent.

They also didn't sound like children but grown men but sound can deceive you because I have a quite high pitch voice.

Perhaps people will see me as a child in-game which may work against me.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club brother, trying to avoid them bandits and those loot hotspots.

I have to say that my faith is a bit restored in the community because lately I have seen a lot of friendly players.

The strange thing is that all these friendly people I met randomly were all from the United Kingdom, judging by their accent.

They also didn't sound like children but grown men but sound can deceive you because I have a quite high pitch voice.

Any of the ugly "I've got an hour to play and need some killz" behavior was on 3pp which didn't surprise me. 1ppers seem to be allot better behaved and more inclined to peaceful tradezies, aiding a fellow survivor, and talking first so I usually stick to those servers. 

I think as time goes on this game will be less fun for asshats and they'll move on. 

• Like 1

I think there were two. I saw one running from me and he ran deep in the sea. A bit further ahead was the second one which I killed.

He deserved it bro. While I was making space for the deer meat by drinking my soda cans and eating some canned food he started punching me in the head.

I warned him but he kept going so I shot him. He ran away when I hit him but a bandit is a bandit and they need to die.

Trust me, bambi's are sometimes even more dangerous than people with guns

LOL, I meant this "Bambi", not the new meaning of Bambi.  Sorry, I am a bit archaic, I remember when gay just was another way of saying happy.  This scene traumatized me as a kid, my grandfather took me to the movie, I was 4, my dad was in Vietnam, it was not a good day..

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 4

Think my friend was the first one to die on this build lol at least our server. He spawned in fresh, two minutes later, he ran to a bush and another guy smashed him in the back of the head with an axe.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 1

It's funny that I have been experiencing an increase in friendly players too. The last four players I met were all friendly, asked if I needed anything or even gave weapons with ammo. Big contrast to the four players I met before that who all tried (and some succeeded) to kill me without even trying to communicate. I would welcome it if the players made a turn to the good side.

Edited by SAK
  • Like 1

The new and enterable open bay barracks are open, there's two up at Zelengorsk base.  Nothing spawning in any of the new buildings yet.

• Like 1

In the spirit of trading opinions i think you are doing it wrong 

you cant complain about KoS when you hunt/stalk players

In the spirit of trading opinions, I think that you are jumping to conclusions.

I hunt/stalk players every time that I have a chance. My objective is to 1) hone my tracking and covert ops skills and 2) find their camp/cashe. I'm not saying that I've never killed another player, but I don't recall any that weren't either in self defense, a planned match-up, or retribution for brazen asshattery.

• Like 2

In the spirit of trading opinions, I think that you are jumping to conclusions.

I hunt/stalk players every time that I have a chance. My objective is to 1) hone my tracking and covert ops skills and 2) find their camp/cashe. I'm not saying that I've never killed another player, but I don't recall any that weren't either in self defense, a planned match-up, or retribution for brazen asshattery.

He's not interested in trading opinions more throwing out assumptions based on poor reading comprehension. They'd be educated opinions if he went back and re-read the almost 80 pages of this thread and got his shit straight.

I have a sneaking suspicion that's not what he's here for though.  

Is it me or are some people really stupid in this game? I was searching some long barricks and some guy came in and pointed a gun at me and then killed me after I pulled my gun out as well. If the guy who did that reads this did you really expect me not to pull out my gun when you point a gun at me without saying anything at all?

• Like 1

Is it me or are some people really stupid in this game? I was searching some long barricks and some guy came in and pointed a gun at me and then killed me after I pulled my gun out as well. If the guy who did that reads this did you really expect me not to pull out my gun when you point a gun at me without saying anything at all?

I guess barracks are one of those places where you should expect to be fully defensive as they're normally in military (high chance of PVP) areas. I just had to mug off two guys on the prison island for EXACTLY the same thing. Shooting on sight will always be a thing when people suffer from loot paranoia. 

General rule of thumb when someone is pointing a gun at you in real life : don't make sudden movements! Unless you're a ninja ;) or have a hidden pocket pistol and pretend to reach in your pocket for your wallet ... We need the ability to shoot derringers through pants and jackets !!

• Like 2

not sure what you expected to happen when you pulled out your gun tbh.

• Like 4

Lol .. usually when something is aimed at you, you are at their mercy. It's like pulling a weapon out when a cop tells you to put your hands up with weapon drawn.

• Like 2

I guess barracks are one of those places where you should expect to be fully defensive as they're normally in military (high chance of PVP) areas. I just had to mug off two guys on the prison island for EXACTLY the same thing. Shooting on sight will always be a thing when people suffer from loot paranoia. 

The guy didn't shoot on sight. He shot after the guy complaining people are stupid pulled out his gun.

Near Berezino .. I seen 5 fricken cows .. 5! Unfortunately I didn't have anything on me to take them and skin them =\. I miss my leather suit.

Near Berezino .. I seen 5 fricken cows .. 5! Unfortunately I didn't have anything on me to take them and skin them =\. I miss my leather suit.

So did they maybe drop in the new animal AI that's in the roadmap like herds and life cycles and what not or just swap the amount of zeds for deer and cows?

Think I've had enough bathroom reno fun for today and it's about time to hop in and see. 

He's not interested in trading opinions more throwing out assumptions based on poor reading comprehension. They'd be educated opinions if he went back and re-read the almost 80 pages of this thread and got his shit straight.

I have a sneaking suspicion that's not what he's here for though.  

I have read close to 80 odd pages 

I apoligise for accusations forgive me for assuming you were the one posting about mining helicrashes

its hard to tell because you have 15 post per page 

I just find it amusing this forum wants weapons and real life bullet physics true style projectile impact damage 

hi definition hi fidelity reload actions with assosicated stereophonic dalby digital polyphonic reload sounds 

sandbox hardcore mil gear not mil sim survival shooter 

Yet you get upset when someone shoots at you 

asshats

So did they maybe drop in the new animal AI that's in the roadmap like herds and life cycles and what not or just swap the amount of zeds for deer and cows?

Think I've had enough bathroom reno fun for today and it's about time to hop in and see. 

It was definitely a herd. 3 where roaming together on the same path and I found 2 others right near them.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

I have read close to 80 odd pages 

I apoligise for accusations forgive me for assuming you were the one posting about mining helicrashes

its hard to tell because you have 15 post per page 

I just find it amusing this forum wants weapons and real life bullet physics true style projectile impact damage 

hi definition hi fidelity reload actions with assosicated stereophonic dalby digital polyphonic reload sounds 

sandbox hardcore mil gear not mil sim survival shooter 

Yet you get upset when someone shoots at you 

asshats

Stalking players to figure out their intentions and just going out to kill people for no reason are two different gestures.

Wanting the most realistic weapon characteristics etc. has nothing to do with people who kill you for no reason .. terrible argument.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

The guy didn't shoot on sight. He shot after the guy complaining people are stupid pulled out his gun.

I wasn't actually complaing about anything, I was just asking do people really expect a different outcome when they point a gun at someone without saying a word? I actually don't care about getting shot even though I did lose a pristine psu scope. If the guy had actually said something instead of just pointing his gun at me and not expect me to do the same to him then he was sadly mistaken and could've avoided it by just talking. I don't even know why he even pulled his own gun out when he could clearly see that I had a tent in my hands which he didn't take as it was still at the location where I got shot at.

• Like 1

I saw a herd of cattle as I ran across the map going back to where I died at. As you can see ahead of the cow closest to me are several other cows that are running away from me.

SasaAjH.jpg

Edited by LordBlackwolf

Stalking players to figure out their intentions and just going out to kill people for no reason are two different gestures.

Wanting the most realistic weapon characteristics etc. has nothing to do with people who kill you for no reason .. terrible argument.

Stalking a player is dangerous since they might kill you for no reason yet you would cry because you were killed ?

It is an interesting concept that we could all chat to each other when we cross paths in game 

But then why would you need hidden camps or better fire arms 

with out KoS/Bandits what ever you want to label it as you would have a very boring game 

considering the most prolific hook for DayZ is paranoia cause by other players 

It is the same tired argument yet grown men still tear up over getting there pixels killed 

If what BC crasher said is true then he and i have a similar K/D ratio as i avoid other players 

lone wolfing the bush around Lopatino 

Even though my playstyle does not revolve around PvP i would not cry about being KoS'd

because without it where is the fun in stealthing an airfield for sporter mag 

None of this would have even been an issue if the sporter could be cut down with a hacksaw

instead of optic upped

I wasn't actually complaing about anything, I was just asking do people really expect a different outcome when they point a gun at someone without saying a word? I actually don't care about getting shot even though I did lose a pristine psu scope. If the guy had actually said something instead of just pointing his gun at me and not expect me to do the same to him then he was sadly mistaken and could've avoided it by just talking. I don't even know why he even pulled his own gun out when he could clearly see that I had a tent in my hands which he didn't take as it was still at the location where I got shot at.

If I'm caught in a situation where a gun is being pointed to me and I don't have a gun out I'm super friendly:D What's done is done but I don't think it's fair calling him stupid just because he shot you when you pulled your gun out. Most people would've done the same. He was probably more surprised to meet you than you were him. Thing is he only shot you after you pulled your gun out so he didn't even kos (which he had ever right to in a mil zone imo.)

Anyway, I'm not having a go at you - I actually love hearing about various encounters. The barracks used to be great for a standoff back when you couldn't shoot through the windows, I remember a few releases ago being trapped by three players outside and having to negotiate a peace deal. Ended up playing quite a bit with them after that.

• Like 1

Did anyone else get a significant performance gain today?

I'm used to single digits in cities and mid 20s staring at my feet, I was up to the 30-40s running down the beach and mid 20s solid looting houses, I ever saw 80s staring out over the water.

Stalking a player is dangerous since they might kill you for no reason yet you would cry because you were killed ?

It is an interesting concept that we could all chat to each other when we cross paths in game 
But then why would you need hidden camps or better fire arms 

with out KoS/Bandits what ever you want to label it as you would have a very boring game 
considering the most prolific hook for DayZ is paranoia cause by other players 
It is the same tired argument yet grown men still tear up over getting there pixels killed 

If what BC crasher said is true then he and i have a similar K/D ratio as i avoid other players 
lone wolfing the bush around Lopatino 

Even though my playstyle does not revolve around PvP i would not cry about being KoS'd
because without it where is the fun in stealthing an airfield for sporter mag 

None of this would have even been an issue if the sporter could be cut down with a hacksaw
instead of optic upped

My k/d is about 5-6/15-20 in regards to other players.

If you're familiar with blowback .22 semi-autos like the Ruger 10/22 the sportster is modeled after you'd know the are a jam fest unless you use quality clean ammo and still jam when using a banana clip pretty regular. If you cut the barrel down and were using found ammo the gun wouldn't be able to cycle.