kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Well either they are 0.54 PM Rak kind of rare or they simply dont spawn (anymore) which is definitely the case in stable.. You underestimate the power of server owners.

Either way I remember reading loot tables are irrelevant! Because loot is exclusively determined by servers now which is how they ninja-added nails, too.

This is experimental, they are definitely in the loot table. And it isn't irrelevant because they have a list of which items CAN spawn.

If the developers say there are M4 in there you need to take their word for it, why would they lie?

They dont lie, they are just unaware of a bug that is preventing the m4 from spawning at the moment and take thousands of duped m4s as "yep it spawns".

I can only refer to stable with certainty - m4 does not spawn in stable. However I read a conversation of Brian Hicks claiming it does spawn rarely, also mentioning a lot of m4s are in circulation... well guess what, they are all duped, but they are not spawning anymore. If it wasnt for the dupes, the m4 would be extinct. Since Brian assumes it still spawns, he is probably unaware of the issue.

I already reported this issue on feedback tracker, refer to that for more detailed information. http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=26656

Might repost that here, because its getting annoying having to explain to everyone that the m4 does indeed not spawn.

Eitherhow, my offer still stands: Prove me you found a freshly spawned m4 and 100 dollars are yours. Unless they release a hotfix or do whatever magic, you wont find one. As for experimental, I dont know but I assume its the same there. Have not heard of anyone finding an m4 there yet.

Edited by jayfkay

I can only refer to stable with certainty - m4 does not spawn in stable. However I read a conversation of Brian Hicks claiming it does spawn rarely, also mentioning a lot of m4s are in circulation... well guess what, they are all duped, but they are not spawning anymore. If it wasnt for the dupes, the m4 would be extinct. Since Brian assumes it still spawns, he is probably unaware of the issue. I think I need to make a thread dedicated to this problem.

Eitherhow, my offer still stands: Prove me you found a freshly spawned m4 and 100 dollars are yours. Unless they release a hotfix or do whatever magic, you wont find one. As for experimental, I dont know but I assume its the same there. Have not heard of anyone finding an m4 there yet.

I barely play at stable at the moment. But Twitter, forums, Reddit and Twitch is not "anyone". If it doesn't get reported, doesn't mean it's not there.

I think Brian has a much better view on it than the players. Again, that almost no one has a M4 or no one reports about finding one doesn't mean it isn't there or it's a bug. If developers say it's in, we have to take their word for it.

Edited by IMT

btw, this is experimental, no one needs M4 on it.

M4´s are more than enough tested on stable from the pewpew kids.

• Like 3

Where do you find Mosins? I can't seem to find one...

But its not about anyone needing it. You are completely missing the point. Its about being there or not. Personally I would prefer having an m4 to loot for in 58 stable and it would be a shame if that didnt happen because of some bug that the devs were unaware of.

Also all currently existing m4s on stable are duped.

Edited by jayfkay

But its not about anyone needing it. You are completely missing the point. Its about being there or not. Personally I would prefer having an m4 to loot for in 58 stable and it would be a shame if that didnt happen because of some bug that the devs were unaware of.

Also all currently existing m4s on stable are duped.

you made an report on the feedbacktracker and the devs will take a look on it.

only thing you have to do is waiting.

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1

I just try to bring attention to this issue. Yes I call it an issue because people seem to be unaware of it and I have yet to see any solid proof that contradicts with my claims.

They dont lie, they are just unaware of a bug that is preventing the m4 from spawning at the moment and take thousands of duped m4s as "yep it spawns".

I can only refer to stable with certainty - m4 does not spawn in stable. However I read a conversation of Brian Hicks claiming it does spawn rarely, also mentioning a lot of m4s are in circulation... well guess what, they are all duped, but they are not spawning anymore. If it wasnt for the dupes, the m4 would be extinct. Since Brian assumes it still spawns, he is probably unaware of the issue.

I already reported this issue on feedback tracker, refer to that for more detailed information. http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=26656

Might repost that here, because its getting annoying having to explain to everyone that the m4 does indeed not spawn.

Eitherhow, my offer still stands: Prove me you found a freshly spawned m4 and 100 dollars are yours. Unless they release a hotfix or do whatever magic, you wont find one. As for experimental, I dont know but I assume its the same there. Have not heard of anyone finding an m4 there yet.he 

I'm not a server admin, nor do I play one on TV, so I confess that I am having a wee bit of trouble following some of this. But, since this is the Exp thread, I will start by assuming that the concern is (at least in part) that the M4 does not spawn in 0.58 experimental. Since we have had several loot and character wipes in 0.58, it is reasonable to assume that the M4 must have been spawning at some point, or there would be no raw material available, with which to dupe. Secondly, it seems to me that the larger and more troubling concern is that duping is still a thing. Hopefully, Eugen is working on a new wave of bans for these cheaters, as well as a patch which will address the root cause of the vulnerability. We don't actually know what the spawn rate of the M4 is, but once duping is under control, the spawn rates are easily tuned, should this prove to be necessary. Last, but not least, please help me to understand why the admins are rebooting their servers, in an effort to coax the M4 to spawn? According to Eugen, a server restart has no effect on loot spawn: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223307-central-economy/?p=2243842

So, unless Eugen fundamentally misunderstands how the CLE functions, the argument that M4's do not spawn, based on a server admin's observation that he can not artificially provoke a M4 to spawn via server reboots, would not seem to be conclusive proof that M4's do not spawn.

Please do not misunderstand, I am not arguing for, or against the M4 spawn theory. I just don't find the argument (as I understand it) persuasive. If there is compelling evidence for duping, however, I think that following this line of inquiry may well be the more productive approach. If anyone has evidence of any ongoing duping, I would urge you to report same, via the Feedback Tracker and check the View Status = PRIVATE box, at the bottom of the page.

I'm not a server admin, nor do I play one on TV, so I confess that I am having a wee bit of trouble following some of this. But, since this is the Exp thread, I will start by assuming that the concern is (at least in part) that the M4 does not spawn in 0.58 experimental. Since we have had several loot and character wipes in 0.58, it is reasonable to assume that the M4 must have been spawning at some point, or there would be no raw material available, with which to dupe. Secondly, it seems to me that the larger and more troubling concern is that duping is still a thing. Hopefully, Eugen is working on a new wave of bans for these cheaters, as well as a patch which will address the root cause of the vulnerability. We don't actually know what the spawn rate of the M4 is, but once duping is under control, the spawn rates are easily tuned, should this prove to be necessary. Last, but not least, please help me to understand why the admins are rebooting their servers, in an effort to coax the M4 to spawn? According to Eugen, a server restart has no effect on loot spawn: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223307-central-economy/?p=2243842

So, unless Eugen fundamentally misunderstands how the CLE functions, the argument that M4's do not spawn, based on a server admin's observation that he can not artificially provoke a M4 to spawn via server reboots, would not seem to be conclusive proof that M4's do not spawn.

Please do not misunderstand, I am not arguing for, or against the M4 spawn theory. I just don't find the argument (as I understand it) persuasive. If there is compelling evidence for duping, however, I think that following this line of inquiry may well be the more productive approach. If anyone has evidence of any ongoing duping, I would urge you to report same, via the Feedback Tracker and check the View Status = PRIVATE box, at the bottom of the page.

Alright, I am sorry for causing confusion, I merely know with relative certainty of the situation in the current stable 57.

Since however apparently noone has found an m4 in experimental so far, that would support my theory even further, but again, its not set in stone. There is just no evidence that contradicts with the theory. How many M4s with regular handguard have you seen on stable so far? Let me tell you, none and neither has anyone else and that shoudl tell you something.

Duping is what brings all those identical m4s around like a wildfire - and a wildfire it is! It is possible to dupe a 100 m4s with a single character in just a couple of minutes.

edit: as for the restarts, like Mad Scientist said, in 57 stable a restart will also reset loot spawns.

Edited by jayfkay

By rebooting the server you get fresh heli crashes, which is where the M4 spawns (if it does).

I have seen AUGs on Exp but not M4s...

• Like 2

The spawnpoints really should be more distributed. I don't mean that they should be inland, but that they should be more on the south coast too. It's gone to a point that I always just get a Svetlo spawn and because everybody else spawns there too, I immediately go get a long stick and then proceed to poke the next player to death with it and eat his body. Usually I get dark green energised and light green hydrated there so it is so easy to continue. Only once have I spawned in Berezino, all the other times have been in Svetlo. Is this the case with you guys?

It seems like we get a new version today saw a server with a new version called the test 5. Version Nr 12888.. cant read the last number sry.

2015_07_29_00001.jpg

Edited by xCrankx
  • Like 2

So you guys have had a good chance to play on .58 so when do uz think it will hit stable? This week?... next week? or will they hold off till they can release .59 like they did with the last update?

Also, I heard that the lag you get while being a passenger in the v3s is better is this true?

Okay, so I just died from hypothermia, while sitting next to a fire, dry, energized and hydrated. How does this happen? I was rapidly warming up the entire time.

It was pouring down constantly and I was drenched .. I got to hypothermia pretty quickly, even while running. It was going for a bit until I could find a spot where the rain wouldn't get through the trees and I got the fire going. I was sitting there for maybe 2-3 minutes and boom .. you are dead.

Can't seem to get a spawn near Pavlovo .. AND the server just came down ..

That's quite odd. I haven't heard of such a struggle yet in 0.58, and I ran around soaked last night just fine and never so much as got cold.

I just try to bring attention to this issue. Yes I call it an issue because people seem to be unaware of it and I have yet to see any solid proof that contradicts with my claims.

I mean this in the nicest way possible: this isn't that important. It's just a weapon. Moreover, Hicks has said on multiple occasions that it is spawning. They actually have access to that kind of information, unlike everyone making claims that it isn't spawning, so I think I'm going to take their word on it. But more importantly, as Bill says:

the larger and more troubling concern is that duping is still a thing.

This is what the concern should be focused on. It seems pretty minimized now though, compared to where it was a few months back.

• Like 1

Do updates happen with the wednesday maintenances? And is .58 moving to stable today?

i got hyperthermia twice - first time i ran it off (lol) second time took two fires. The first time it was gradual wet, cold etc the second time it was all tight green then I logged in a had hyperthermia

Edited by freethink

Wait, then why was that mosin I ran around with last night on EXP?  After all it is an older and already well tested weapon and yet it still spawns?!?  There is a flaw in your logic and I agree with Jayfkay that there is something wrong with the M4 spawning.   I don't expect to see tons of them but they should be common at the US crash sites, after all they are the primary US battle weapon.  Now I am not going as far as to say Brian is incorrect but I know I haven't seen one in months on the live servers and in 4 US crash sites I found this weekend I didn't see a single one.  Maybe someone got their first, its possible so I will give them the benefit of the doubt that it is spawning once more.

Now the freaking AK 101, is that thing extinct or what?

Do updates happen with the wednesday maintenances? And is .58 moving to stable today?

No update today, as they are still tweaking the loot spawning on experimental.

It seems like we get a new version today saw a server with a new version called the test 5. Version Nr 12888.. cant read the last number sry.

2015_07_29_00001.jpg

That is a build for the dev's internal testing.

The day is still young, but there is no SteamDB activity to suggest that a new experimental build is imminent.

1) Sometimes

2) Unlikely

And a patch would be really necessary.

Why?  :huh:

i got hyperthermia twice - first time i ran it off (lol) second time took two fires. The first time it was gradual wet, cold etc the second time it was all tight green then I logged in a had hyperthermia

Hyperthermia = too hot

Hypothermia = too cold

;)

• Like 2

How long do you guys expect exp to be down?