vfxtodd

Prison island spawning

Personally, I'm looking forward to spawning on the prison island. I have to go there. I've been busy playing with new friends and getting better acquainted with DayZ. Which is why I haven't been there yet.

I may be subject to more KOS by spawning there. But part of what makes DayZ "fun" for me are those tense, omg, wtf moments. Like when you're making you're way through the map and suddenly come upon armed players. Wondering if you've been spotted or not. Plus, spawning on prison island creates a new situation where surviving is key the moment you spawn.

Please share your thoughts on prison island spawns. What would you do to survive spawning there? If you've been there before, how did you survive? Or did you?

Edited by BulletGarden
  • Like 2

I Personally Cannot WAIT! To be spawned at the Island. I think it will bring a whole new instance to the game. ISLAND SURVIVAL FTW

• Like 1

Makes no difference to me, I rarely have to respawn.

prison island should be a reward by swimming there, not an easy spawn point that can get you geared in a few minutes....

ive had intense battles on this island and always look forward GOING there!

they would just get mowed down by the geared guys already there anyways.

• Like 5

I Personally Cannot WAIT! To be spawned at the Island. I think it will bring a whole new instance to the game. ISLAND SURVIVAL FTW

It could be another way to add various survival methods to DayZ. Maybe it could be implemented as a server type. Prison island server, etc.

Either way, I'm looking forward to trying many different play styles. It would add longevity to the game for me. You could have a gardening server, for those who want to garden as a means to survive. Whatever.

• Like 1

prison island should be a reward by swimming there, not an easy spawn point that can get you geared in a few minutes....

ive had intense battles on this island and always look forward GOING there!

they would just get mowed down by the geared guys already there anyways.

I read somewhere in the forums that a prison island spawn was going to be tested.

Yes, I wouldn't want to just spawn and easily get armed either. I think it would be best if you spawned away from any weapons. The reward would come by surviving getting to the opposite end of the island where you might find support or not. If you get to the other side, you still have to look hard for supplies, etc. Use server restarts to randomize the spawning of loot so that you never find loot or supplied in the same places. Making each time you spawn a new adventure.

And if you spawn on prison island and don't find anything useful. Then you'll have to leave the island to survive. That's what I like about the island. It's a new way to experience DayZ.

People will never leave it...

The geared players will hang out there waiting for the fresh spawns, and the fresh spawns will constantly suicide trying to spawn there in hope of scoring a fast loadout.

• Like 5

It will be about 300% more pointless than a Kamyshovo spawn on a populated server.  Where after getting a few bites and maybe a backpack, you are killed by geared players who go to the coast for easy kills so they won't be completely lying when they brag about having over 150 kills--or whatever made up number they will exaggetate it to.  Death is almost guaranteed.  Also, what Rick said.

• Like 4

People will never leave it...

The geared players will hang out there waiting for the fresh spawns, and the fresh spawns will constantly suicide trying to spawn there in hope of scoring a fast loadout.

Lol I would suicide just to avoid being there

Why would the Dev's be that dumb to have a spawn location right in the middle of high lootable area. why not

just start everyone out with m4's and ak's etc.

But logically I think they are going to be taking away the loot spawns on that island.

Makes getting out there in the first place a waste. If I know players are spawning there, I won't take the risk of swimming out. We already have salitsky island spawns, we don't need to spawn at the only other hard to reach place on the map just cause you haven't made time to venture down there yet.

I don't think you should spawn on any of the islands.

island loot is a reward for getting to the coast and swimming there and then not freezing to death. its hard enough to find a flare or matches to start a fire anyway, and then not die when you get to the island.

island spawn is a dumb idea. 

Spawning on the prison island will have two main effects:

• Lots of people will spawn suicide to teleport there.
  • Almost nobody will take the risk of swimming over as it most likely already looted by the people who spawned there.

So in the end we would have a PvP island and the rest of Chernarus with very little interaction. I would rather keep the unique location we have now that requires you take a a risky swim in exchange for being relatively close to Cherno.

• Like 2

I wasn't think of it as being a constant spawn location. It would be a rare spawn spot. I don't code games but if it's possible to make it a rare spawn area, that might give the player that little bit of fear they're looking for in a survival game.

If it's a dumb idea to you. Fine. Not that these forums are suffering from a shortage of dumb ideas.

• Like 1

If you get a prison siland spawn you should spawn in a locked cell dressed in the prison outfit. Everything else is just wrong.

Not sure what the whole appeal is with ppl wanting to spawn there. Sure you have a chance of getting everything you need in one shot. But some of the other spawns can get you loaded up just as fast without ever having to touch the coast as much. And you don't have the danger of loosing everything if your swimming half way out and get snipped by players.

I think it will be fun.

I'm sure there's a lot of people who will be looking forward to it because it's a spawn that's easy to suicide at so you can get a better spawn closer to your friends or Elektro... which is rather lame in my opinion.

The other side of the coin is what about those players who wouldn't want to spawn at the prison. If you are a newbie trying to learn the game or maybe just a woodsman survivalist and spawned into a firefight, no chance no thanks. Even if you were able to escape being shot down and managed to get into the water you'd probably die from your own fatigue as you don't spawn with much health in the first place. If speed rounds are what people are looking for by spawning on the island, there are other games that specifically cater to that type of game play and do it very well. 

And that's my 29 dollars worth.

I'm sure there's a lot of people who will be looking forward to it because it's a spawn that's easy to suicide at so you can get a better spawn 

Good point. Now that you cant drowned yourself I cringe when I get a crappy spawn that's not close to a high dive.

Good point. Now that you cant drowned yourself I cringe when I get a crappy spawn that's not close to a high dive.

You can't drown yourself anymore? I missed that! When did that happen? That's good and bad I guess...

Ok. Yea. Let's force players to survive for DAYS before finding weapons or supplies. But, God forbid you have to swim to shore from an island to survive.

Silly me.

Ok. Yea. Let's force players to survive for DAYS before finding weapons or supplies. But, God forbid you have to swim to shore from an island to survive.

Silly me.

Well, that is the point of the game. It's not supposed to be quick or easy to find guns/supplies.
  • Like 1

Well suppose you do spawn in there, the question is WHY are you even there in the first place, You will more likely be a prisoner (or the very, very, VERY, VERRRYYYY Rare Prison Guard spawn) who is locked in his cell (wearing prisoner gear) and must improvise his way out of his/her prison Cell.

Sure you might be a sitting duck, but that will only add to the intensity of trying to get out of your cell.

Edited by The Lone Survivor