boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

Sweet, thanks, I'll try looking in those areas more.

I was trying to find a screenshot of it.

Here you go. This building seem to be the one hoarding the cargo pants.

dayz-new-industrial-building-showcase-da

• Like 1

I think what Yazar meant was that while we are on a new experimental build, we should gather the info we have, and when it hits stable, if there's no changelog, we can provide "our own" changelog from the observations compiled during the experimental testing.

okay what happend to the infected ? I didnt see any of them in 3 or 4 cities...

Well, if players killed them, then you need to wait for a server restart for them to respawn.

I was in Kamyshovo on a private hive with 0 infected around town. I looted the place and while I was in a house, the server restarted. I waited about 3-5 mins before going back in, and when I got in there were 3 female infected roaming the street.

That's not much, but at least there were a few.

My favorite places to go for infected hunting right now is either NWAF or Myshkino tent city.(military base)

• Like 3

I think what Yazar meant was that while we are on a new experimental build, we should gather the info we have, and when it hits stable, if there's no changelog, we can provide "our own" changelog from the observations compiled during the experimental testing.

Yes, that's exactly what Tatanko does. He's a machine!

• Like 3

I was trying to find a screenshot of it.

Here you go. This building seem to be the one hoarding the cargo pants.

dayz-new-industrial-building-showcase-da

Funny enough, I hit 2 of these places and didn't get cargo pants.

I pulled everything down off the green cabinets and it was just check shirts and a raincoat with few other things scattered around.

Recently I've seen hunters jackets and canvas pants on the roofs of these garages too.

The construction office buildings (white door, shelves on ground floor, bathroom in back; sink, desks, and shelves upstairs) had cargos often as well but I do not think I found any there either yesterday... probably just bad luck.

• Like 1

Funny enough, I hit 2 of these places and didn't get cargo pants.

I pulled everything down off the green cabinets and it was just check shirts and a raincoat with few other things scattered around.

Recently I've seen hunters jackets and canvas pants on the roofs of these garages too.

The construction office buildings (white door, shelves on ground floor, bathroom in back; sink, desks, and shelves upstairs) had cargos often as well but I do not think I found any there either yesterday... probably just bad luck.

They have been reliable spawn points. Someone probably just beat you to it.

• Like 3

Is persistence for tents and stuff enabled? Or only for vehicles?

Is persistence for tents and stuff enabled? Or only for vehicles?

Only for vehicles.

But, it sounds like some private servers are mis-configured and this is causing some problems.

• Like 2

Ive had lots of instances where i haven't been able to pick things up, but thats ok.

I have gone all the way from sth east coast to the NWAF via the mil base at Vybor and found nothing but a few cans of food to keep me alive. Backpacks? what backpacks. Apples give you more energy now it seems so that's a win big time and you seem to last longer after eating.

I have an SKS , saw a mosin but couldn't pick it up, found 2 tents but couldn't pick them up, i have a hi cap vest at least and rarely seen any Z's only saw them at the air base.

It must be a headache to get this thing right, i feel for the Devs , but apples are more realistic, good job.

• Like 1

So, you say they have stopped giving us changelogs on stable because there might be coming a patch/fix soon?

You understand how fucked up that is.

A changelog is info on what have been changed in the last update. A patch a few days later would normally have their own changelog. Every game developer delivers changelogs when they change anything. Why is it OK that DayZ dev missing a changelog in their updates?

A CHANGELOG SHOULD ALWAYS FOLLOW AN UPDATE. We should be allowed to know what they have changed to a product we have payed for. Its actually crazy that you guys don't think its important with a changelog. '

You can cook stuff on a stick

There are some new guns

Some stuff don't work

Zeds can crawl

You can light fire with bark and a stick

Some map bits have changed

Other stuff

Hope that helps, really do t know why your so bothered! Bet your drawer is full of matching pairs of socks...

• Like 1

after a few hours of playing this is what i find.

certain houses are spawning lots of the same item.

one house will have 5 safety helmets

one will have tons of jackets (different kinds)

one will have lots of food

one will have a bunch of boots

outhouse with 3 facemasks (different colours) thought that was pretty funny, "hmmm should i put this rag i found in a shitter on my face and use it as a mask??"

made it as far as vybor mil base for a vest and found 6 laying on the step of a small building, also found 4 in a shower of a barracks.so it seems like many items are spawning all together in the same spot. but not like a lootsplosion in the sense that theres 400 different items of the same class (mil, civ, tools, etc) just more than 1 and each different style/colour

found an sks, mosin, amphibia, cr75, darringer, makarov, the newish single shot 7.62x39, shotgun, magnum, crossbow. mags for mp5, ak101, found an aug at a crashsite.

found a hunting backpack outside of a car in dubky. also found a mil tent in a house in cherno.

also not seeing many zombies. saw 2 in cherno but nothing since moving north checking almost every house i come across. found lots of pet bottles, couple canteens.

question about snares, how do they work? every time i try to use one it only gives me the option to inspect or break down to a stick. i can't seem to use it as it is intended.

anywho, the game def runs better but that may be due to lack of infected or possibly using my mobile hotspot instead of my digital internet at home (like sattelite but with radio waves).

I have gone all the way from sth east coast to the NWAF via the mil base at Vybor and found nothing but a few cans of food to keep me alive. Backpacks? what backpacks. Apples give you more energy now it seems so that's a win big time and you seem to last longer after eating.

The hotspots that you mention will get picked over, rather quickly. Properly configured servers will have LOTS of loot after a re-start. If you are not seeing that, try another server.

• Like 2

I only played a few hours yesterday as I am fighting a nasty summer cold.

After getting fully kitted with a rifle, sidearm, and most major supplies, I found myself in Novo.

I decided to check the government building to see if loot spawn was still firefighter gear.

Quickly it became apparent that nothing had changed there and as I made my way down to the ground floor a player with a UK accent (possibly Irish?) hailed me over direct chat.

I was at the foot of the stairs and only just saw the edge of his character as he scurried back behind the wall.

He claimed to have no ammo for his guns and proceeded to drop them on the floor as a sign of good will.

He stated that he was a long time player with 1,000+ hours and that he wasn't interested in a confrontation.

He offered food and a canteen, and I offered to trade the canteen for some ammo I had that fit his guns.

I tried with futility to close the door that's jammed open there and then told him to just leave the canteen and I would drop the ammo.

He sensed my obvious apprehension and offered to leave the building without picking up the ammo until I was long gone.

I agreed with this plan and made sure to thank him for being neutral before I ran out the back door and North out of town.

This player acted almost exactly as I would have if our roles were reversed.

Interactions like this feel a lot more like apocalypse and less like ARMA.

Whoever you were, godspeed.

LOL that was awesome Biohaze )  Ya can't get a more real feeling then that! A real Apocalypse would have gone down just about like that. Ya, I'll be friendly as long as I don't see your face come around that corner!!! Hehehe 

• Like 3

I feel like its time to put some effort in to combat mechanics. My personal opinion is that fighting other players is getting less and less enjoyable, Yes the game is not all about pvp but its still an essential part of the game. They need to reduce sway and being able to hold breath would be lovely. Limping has to be added soon aswell. Im tired of people zigzagging away from firefights crazy fast. I saw some nice limping animations a couple months ago, why not add them? It would be cool if players slowed down when they get hit atleast, like in Arma.

Edited by Killsteal
  • Like 1

Zombies came through the jail building doors at Zelenogorsk. They weren't right behind me when I shut the doors so they didn't slide in right behind me. They just disregarded the doors completely. Also it seemed like another one entered through the back wall of the building, but can't be positive on that one.

Some servers I've been on have zero loot. Zero. Plenty of apples to survive as long as you want but nothing else to do besides pick apples. Couldn't find any stones on those servers either.

Other servers seem to have an ok spread of loot in most places. Found a couple of trucks, drove down the road immediately south of Vybor and hit an invisible wall just past the piano house (just south of Vybor), which flipped the truck up in the air, landing upside down. Took a screenshot but video would have been nice. 

Edit: Vybor not Cherno doh!

Edited by Taco Tuesday
  • Like 1

I feel like its time to put some effort in to combat mechanics. My personal opinion is that fighting other players is getting less and less enjoyable, Yes the game is not all about pvp but its still an essential part of the game. They need to reduce sway and being able to hold breath would be lovely. Limping has to be added soon aswell. Im tired of people zigzagging away from firefights crazy fast. I saw some nice limping animations a couple months ago, why not add them? It would be cool if players slowed down when they get hit atleast, like in Arma.

There will be a lot of changes, once the new character controller is implemented.

• Like 3

Ive had lots of instances where i haven't been able to pick things up, but thats ok.

I have an SKS , saw a mosin but couldn't pick it up, found 2 tents but couldn't pick them up, i have a hi cap vest at least and rarely seen any Z's only saw them at the air base.

It must be a headache to get this thing right, i feel for the Devs , but apples are more realistic, good job.

Weirdly I have had the opposite experience and found loads of backpacks.. Mainly dry bags and taloon packs but I did find a SPOSN yesterday too.. Really enjoying this build, loved it on EXP and now loving it here.. Just wish the CLE and persistence were working as intended rather than all the loot respawning on server restart.. 

• Like 1

Apples are for sure improved. I survived for about 6 hours eating nothing but apples. Only died when I was in a guard tower and tried to drop a crossbow I was picking up to get at something beneath it, and it tossed me out of the tower. 

Have also had problems picking things up. Once my repeater disappeared. I ran back to where I had seen another one on the ground near a cop car thinking maybe I accidentally dropped it but it wasn't there. The other repeater wasn't there but there was a shotgun I could not pick up. Decided to log out and log back in and once I was back in my repeater was on my back and the shotgun in my hands.

Backpacks are for sure more scarce. Or maybe they're just in unusual places.  

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to find the plate carrier itself? I have the attachments but it seems that I cannot find the carrier.

LOTS of plate carriers on the prison island. Along with tons of clothes, cargo pants, medical scrubs, TTsKO jackets and pants, assault vests, etc. Pouches I have seen around but not that many and have yet to come across a holster for the plate carrier. Lots of 3 person tents there as well.

Only found one leather sewing kit and have yet to find a regular sewing kit. Also haven't found a single fishing hook. Would try making one out of bone but have yet to find any animals. 

anyone else having issues with rubberbanding ? can't play since .54 due to it :(

anyone else having issues with rubberbanding ? can't play since .54 due to it :(

Hmm. Not at all. High or low ping server don't seem to affect it either. I was on a 250 ping server, and it was more responsive than the 12 ping server I usually play on. 

It depends more on the number of players in my experience. (And what they are doing...  <_< )

• Like 3

Overkill sporter.

ykmx2.jpg

The hunting scope is awesome. I had some chance to test it on experimental, but now the tests are over, it's time to put it to good use!  B)  (Having a hard time finding boars though. I know a lot of players have reported cows, deers, goats and other animals are in, but I have yet to find a single one yet...)

• Like 5

LOTS of plate carriers on the prison island. Along with tons of clothes, cargo pants, medical scrubs, TTsKO jackets and pants, assault vests, etc. Pouches I have seen around but not that many and have yet to come across a holster for the plate carrier. Lots of 3 person tents there as well.

Only found one leather sewing kit and have yet to find a regular sewing kit. Also haven't found a single fishing hook. Would try making one out of bone but have yet to find any animals. 

It seems backpacks spawn much more in civilian houses, and keep finding hunting backpacks at deer stands and feeding shacks.( Found 11 hunting backpacks in 2 days...  :huh: )

I've found fishing hooks in sheds. Rusty ones and thin ones too, with the open-able door. Haven't seen any animals either, and for 5 leather sewing kits, only found 1 normal sewing kit, in the "christmas" civilian house. (Red and green highlight house that spawns lots of ammo as of now.)

Found the pistol holster for plate carriers in out-houses, the plate carriers themselves, like you said, at the prison island, and the pouches at the new enter-able guard houses, which seem to spawn endless high-cap vests too.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 3

My friend suddenly started to struggle with rubberbanding and lag in this patch, but i'm fine. Still not much more fps but responsiveness is absolutely better.

• Like 2