Sign in to follow this  
treetop82

To all the "Is Dayz dying?" threads.

It's not. A couple things are happening right now.

a) People are getting fed up with bugs. De-sync, weapon loading, ambient sounds, etc. have not been fixed. It's been stated 100 times that this is Alpha, and a lot of that won't happen yet. Regardless, it's still very annoying and disheartening to see these issues still exist, but that's what we've been told to expect. Some people are too emotionally immature to handle that.

b Imminent wipe is driving players away. Like myself, I have no motivation to play given that the game is about to be wiped. I don't die every 15 minutes in a shoot out at Balota, so I enjoy accruing gear, setting up a camp, etc.

c) Some items on the developer's list have been delayed. When working on a project of this magnitude, there are going to be modifications.

d) There are other games to explore. Nothing wrong with this, there are some spinoffs of DayZ. That has nothing to do with the development of this game or it's sales. If you've payed for DayZ, then you leaving really has little impact to the development.

We're all hoping for the day when the game begins to offer the "addicting elements" that so many other games do. Is my camp still there? Is the enemy camp still there? What loot is at that military base? What's at the crash site? I need to find 9mm ammo. I wonder how much water is in my barrels?

Edited by treetop82
  • Like 2

In another word, let's make an example of life it self out of it.

this game is not dead, because it was never in the world.

this game is still in his mothers belly (Developers) and growing there. we are kinda an X-ray machine which can watch this game grows and help it with med's or right feeding (Feedback's)... so be patient because it is only 9 month away (mid 2016) to see this games walking.

I haven't touched DayZ since GTA V was released for PC.  Looking forward to when DayZ is much more stable.  Can't wait.

• Like 2

Nothing is dying. It's just that the current builds do not offer all that much. 0.55 is out for quite a while and old news (also suffers from using the old loot system) while 0.57 is still pretty unstable. The currrent builds are necessary but just not all that enjoyable for most players so they wait for an update and play other games in the meantime.

• Like 1

Hey look, this is one more "Is DayZ dying?" thread...

just go play the game

I think in fact people mainly miss that there was no update last week

don't worry people, on Wednesday it will all be different again

heh

[.. don't talk about it - this is Monday Morning and Boneboys just came online after a rough weekend]

Edited by pilgrim

Hello there

TBH there are not that many "is dayz dying threads"

Anyone with any small knowledge of the facts knows the status of the game.

Whether the game is "popular" at this time is another thing.

But "popularity" doesnt affect development and that goes ahead (and will continue to) as planned.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

just go into it with the spirit that its under development and try things out

speaking for myself, this is more interesting and more fun than playing a 'finished' game

but ok .. maybe it's just me ?

2i9gq3o.png

Edited by pilgrim

People keep crying for the devs to fix this and that, but there's nothing to be fixed - its all still being built. Some top a-list games were TEN YEARS in development. It's quite amazing that even today people still have no clue what a game being in alpha stages of development actually means.

Eh...if Memory servs correcly the "red orchestra 1 is dead" Topic back than lived from 2005 till 2012 :D Than ro2 was released...

• Like 2

Im rather happy with what ive acieved and yep ive stopped collecting etc, but cant wait till it starts again.

Id made the leather pouches, hat , pants etc and did most except start a fire.

Both on low and hi pop servers, hell ive gotten more than 40 dollars worth of enjoyment so far, so i figure in well ahead

Edited by PlasticAssasin8

We're all hoping for the day when the game begins to offer the "addicting elements" that so many other games do.

it was for a while /( henche why i accumulated almost 1000h since i brought it ) Iam a firm beliver of Level headed judgement and so far if i dont like a certain itteration i just Play something else or bring out the trash or finaly get ridd of my collection of beerbottles..ect ect.

Never boothered with the persistent items since whipe /unstable conditions. Thats all fine and Dandy with me.

It's quite amazing that even today people still have no clue what a game being in alpha stages of development actually means.

That is actually true but thankfully not so much on this very Forums. Reddit/r/dayZ is the worst place for such talks. For me it is totaly understandable the devs stoped to mingle with reddit. The amouth of false Information, baltant lying and just General trollingtons is just too much for any halfway informed Person.

playing arma 3, moding and having a blast. Cant wait for dayz moding and when it goes more stable. I check into the forums all of the time for more release info, updates and critical errors. Decided not to play until we are past "testing the same old" Then Clanz will host another server to the public.

• Like 1

I wonder if the most used word on these forums is "Alpha"?

• Like 1

yeah definetly dying. Its one of my favourite games but we still need to be honest and not keeping pretending everythings fine.

Some of the largest day z communities barely play it anymore, most friends on my list who used to play religiously never bother, someone asked me to play the other day and had to say No, still waiting for the updates.

Pretty much had enough of playing anything under 60fps at this point. I have fully upgraded my PC and enjoy playing new games that run smoothly. As i've mentioned before, theres plenty of games with Less budget, less dev team, and have got much further with their alphas. Day Z is getting left in the dust.! Yes its alpha but the amount of times and delays with this 'renderer' and everything else, the game has hardly progressed in 18 months.

"Soon" is not good enough for me, i'll be staying off the game until they have some dates and planned progression, seeing a new gun or new hat every few weeks just doesnt cut it

• Like 1

dying and taking a break are totally 2 different things. Are you sure its really dying or are people just waiting for it to become more stable and more things to do?

Remeber hicks even said take a break until its more polished. I have to agree with him, it is overwelming at times. Changes arent easy.

and 60fps i gotta agree with you, i should be 130+ in the open, in towns 60 would be great.

Just alittle hint even arma 3 shows 58-99 looking at towns, cities, towns etc.. even player made maps do the same.

I wonder if the most used word on these forums is "Alpha"?

you might be onto something... :huh:

"Soon" is not good enough for me

dats some high horse son...

anyways..game is slated for 2016. realisticly this could entail 18 more months of dev time...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Who really cares anymore? The game isn't ready nor should it be. If you worked at a studio and were alpha testing would you barge into hicks' office screaming "FIX THE F$%^ING GAME!!!" ? I wouldn't think so. There is another option...I just play the mod. They are still working on it and have added some wonderful things. plus it has these things

CARS

PERSISTENCE (TENTS/STASHES)

FUNCTIONING LOOT 

LETHAL ZOMBIES

HELICOPTERS

ITEM DEGRADATION

CREEPY MUSIC

INFECTION SYSTEM

...and tonnes more. 

The texture detail is largely the same(make sure you have PMC installed). It lacks some of the lighting effects however who gives a shit since it runs 10x better. Im not talking aboot ( Steak and Potatoes )overpoop or overpochingszero. Just DayZ Mod. 

Someday Standalone will be finished and potentially great but until then I pop in and out see that its nothing I'm interested in and go back to the mod.

Edited by B@ker
  • Like 1