boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Played experimental plenty of times with not many issues, but this one just constantly reloads the game everytime i try to connect to a server, ive totally reinstalled, tryed switching from stable to exp, getting really really angry with this. Can anyone help please?

Edited by SAS_Crypt

looks like there is an problem with battleye, many players "raging" in steam forum.

i think you have to wait for an BE patch.

as i am not a native english speaker ... :

Does "...the team pushes for 0.57 release on Stable."                     actually mean

"The team will update Stable to 0.57 while todays maintenance." ? Or is it more like

"The team is working on a Stable version maybe for todays maintenance." ?

Is there something wrong with experimental as I cant join any server and when it looks like it is joining one it restarts game by itself.

Does "...the team pushes for 0.57 release on Stable."                     actually mean

"The team will update Stable to 0.57 while todays maintenance." ? Or is it more like

It means today realease 0.57 to stable, only big issues change that.

It means today realease 0.57 to stable, only big issues change that.

I really hope so ... Kind of exhausted from two months of experimental over here :D

• Like 1

I really hope so ... Kind of exhausted from two months of experimental over here :D

Yep, I set my computer back to normal version, away from experimental before I left to work this morning. The trick will be finding a server that isn't picked through when I get home tonight. At least on EXP, if you weren't on in the first hour, you had to struggle to find the goodies. 

• Like 1

Yeah pretty sad about the CLE not being properly working and the persistence taken down... The two main points i'm waiting for from the start ...

Off to 0.58 then xD

Its pretty vague... Meaning it could be either today.... maybe tomorrow..... or maybe next week. They are giving themselves some headroom in case s**t hits the fan 

Edited by Woody1888
  • Like 1

Yeah pretty sad about the CLE not being properly working and the persistence taken down... The two main points i'm waiting for from the start ...

Off to 0.58 then xD

I wonder will that be this week or next. I'm probably not going to bother with stable.

Storage glitch.

I found two high capacity vests, put one on and put the other in my pack. As I continued to loot I eventually used up all of my inventory slots. I came across some ammo and clicked on “take” option when I hovered my reticle over it. I looked at my inventory and the ammo wasn’t there so I thought it was a glitch. The “take” option appeared on several items I came across so I continued clicking it but nothing would appear.  At a safe location I decided to organize my inventory and when I dropped the spare vest I noticed all the items I had clicked on, that never appeared, were in it. I thought to myself “cool, extended storage” but it became a little annoying.  You cannot put a vest containing items into your inventory but if you put the empty vest in first, you can fill it by double clicking or use the “take” option. However, you cannot drag and drop. The annoying part comes when you have something in your hand and available slots in your spare vest. The dropped item will go to your free slots. Example: I’m carrying a mosin on my back and an MP5 in my hand. If I open my inventory and click the X to drop the MP5, it will go to the open slots of the spare vest instead of the ground. Same happens when I try to eat, climb or use an object. Where it becomes irritating is that you cannot access the items inside the spare vest while it is in your inventory (only gives the “inspect” option not the “view contents” option). You must drop it on the ground to retrieve your weapon (or whatever item) then completely empty the vest before returning it to your pack, then reload it with all the gear you had to dump.  BTW, items will not begin to fill the spare vest until all your normal inventory slots are full (ie…you cannot fill the vest with low value loot just to keep your usual slots available.  

I don’t know if this applies to other containers or clothing items with pockets and I haven’t done any extensive experiments as my goal right now is to get looted up and get a camp established but I will post new findings as I figure them out. 

• Like 1

Storage glitch.

I don’t know if this applies to other containers or clothing items with pockets and I haven’t done any extensive experiments as my goal right now is to get looted up and get a camp established but I will post new findings as I figure them out. 

I encountered the same issue with hoodies, so it seems to be with clothes. BTW it did not work with trousers for me. Seems to be a bug.

As our exp servers here restarted quite frequently today i had an issue with accidently duping items. When I was interacting with containers that had stuff loaded right during a restart (warned or not warned by server staff before) sometimes the items in the container were duped, including a 1911 with silencer but without ammo or magazine....

Edited by mji

Mizzou.  Before the last update you could have infinite storage with any vest/clothing.  But it should not work that way and what you are experiencing is a left over of that glitch.  In the old system when slots were filed up it would go into you vest. I bet If it was in the top item of your inventory list things would go in it before filling up any other slot.

Mizzou.  Before the last update you could have infinite storage with any vest/clothing.  But it should not work that way and what you are experiencing is a left over of that glitch.  In the old system when slots were filed up it would go into you vest. I bet If it was in the top item of your inventory list things would go in it before filling up any other slot.

But its worse, and different, now.  I had cans of food going into my ammo box.  That wasn't something that used to happen.

Interesting, when servers come up I will experiment. 

New problem I've found.

Since guns no longer have a reserved place holder in your inventory it is easy to accidentally drop them on the ground.

You arm a magnum which opens up 4 slots in your inventory, you then pick up a can of beans which reduces the 4 slots to 3, then you disarm the magnum and it will fall on the ground without you knowing.

Quick tip for storage glitches. A flare gun can store a rifle inside it. Handy when you need flexibility trying to match ammo types to the rifles you find.

New problem I've found.

Since guns no longer have a reserved place holder in your inventory it is easy to accidentally drop them on the ground.

You arm a magnum which opens up 4 slots in your inventory, you then pick up a can of beans which reduces the 4 slots to 3, then you disarm the magnum and it will fall on the ground without you knowing.

That's a feature, mate.

It's always been that way.

It's certainly not a "problem" with the game.

You need to make sure you do not put anything in the 4 slot area you want your gun in before you put it away.

Another process driven mechanic brought to you by the good people @ Bohemia.

Quick tip for storage glitches. A flare gun can store a rifle inside it. Handy when you need flexibility trying to match ammo types to the rifles you find.

Nice!! I am looking for a flare gun. 

Do you put the flare gun in your inventory the drag the rifle to it or how does that work?

That's a feature, mate.

It's always been that way.

It's certainly not a "problem" with the game.

You need to make sure you do not put anything in the 4 slot area you want your gun in before you put it away.

Another process driven mechanic brought to you by the good people @ Bohemia.

How as it "always been that way" if experimental is the first time I've seen it? Actually, I think it's not a good feature at all.

Yep, I set my computer back to normal version, away from experimental before I left to work this morning. The trick will be finding a server that isn't picked through when I get home tonight. At least on EXP, if you weren't on in the first hour, you had to struggle to find the goodies. 

That's primarily an issue specific to Experimental. It has to do with having a high number of people using a (relatively) small number of servers. In this case, you'll notice an even bigger difference going back to Stable because item persistence will be turned off -- meaning all-new loot with every server restart. So, no camps, but you'll never be lacking in loot to find.

How as it "always been that way" if experimental is the first time I've seen it? Actually, I think it's not a good feature at all.

Well, there's no other way to say it.

If you only have 4 slots and pick up a can of spaghetti, now there isn't room for the gun you're holding.

It's always been that way, you just never encountered it before (or maybe had a plate carrier or holster).