boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Well, there's no other way to say it.

If you only have 4 slots and pick up a can of spaghetti, now there isn't room for the gun you're holding.

It's always been that way, you just never encountered it before (or maybe had a plate carrier or holster).

It has NOT always been that way, as items in your hand actually continued to 'hold' space in your pack, even when it was actually in your hand. This got changed in .56 or .57, but it is something to watch for now.

• Like 5

It has NOT always been that way, as items in your hand actually continued to 'hold' space in your pack, even when it was actually in your hand. This got changed in .56 or .57, but it is something to watch for now.

You are totally right, i encountered that new feature yesterday, as i dropped my trumpet by this....

Edited by MiGHT

You're right... I've been on experimental so long... it's a blur.

The recent upgrade to the inventory matrix had a part in this.

I stand corrected.

Let me say, I think it's the right choice by the devs.

Your gun shouldn't magically be in 2 places at once.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

You're right... I've been on experimental so long... it's a blur.

The recent upgrade to the inventory matrix had a part in this.

I stand corrected.

Let me say, I think it's the right choice by the devs.

Your gun shouldn't magically be in 2 places at once.

There needs to be something that hints you actually dropped the gun/item or some way that we must see what we are doing. It's hard to guess in a game did you put it n your backppack or on the ground but IRL you should know that :D

There needs to be something that hints you actually dropped the gun/item or some way that we must see what we are doing. It's hard to guess in a game did you put it n your backppack or on the ground but IRL you should know that :D

What would you suggest?

As far as the game is concerned, when you hit the red x without room for the item, you told the game to drop it on the ground.

Should we have a text status message?

"I didn't have room in my pack so I dropped the *insert item name".

In real life you would know you filled your pack as well....

What would you suggest?

As far as the game is concerned, when you hit the red x without room for the item, you told the game to drop it on the ground.

Should we have a text status message?

"I didn't have room in my pack so I dropped the *insert item name".

In real life you would know you filled your pack as well....

The issue is the hotbar. When you use it, there's a great chance for dropping an item accidentally. One thing could be an status message that says you put an item in your inventory or you dropped it on the ground just like you said. Other thing is just to not use hotbar because like you said in the inventory screen it's easy to see if you really dropped the item or put it in your backpack.

I also had an issue with "stuck" status messages yesterday. I would encourage you to submit a bug report.

Any tips on how to send a proper bug report? That was my intention here but I haven't found the official place to do it.

The issue is the hotbar. When you use it, there's a great chance for dropping an item accidentally. One thing could be an status message that says you put an item in your inventory or you dropped it on the ground just like you said. Other thing is just to not use hotbar because like you said in the inventory screen it's easy to see if you really dropped the item or put it in your backpack.

I see.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but doesn't dropping the item now remove it from your hot bar?

That's a soft indicator...

i got used to it very fast. i find it very usefull to have 12 free slots when i take my MP5 in hands, quickly grab as mutch as possible at guard postes then sort good items from bad ones elsewhere.

• Like 1

This is the first big experimental patch that I've taken a lot of time to explore and find the new features. I'm not sure if I'm going to be playing a lot of the stable, or if I'm going to continue testing the next experimental patch.

It's tough deciding between playing on my favorite stable hives or finding new features.

Typically there is a week where experimental and stable run the same build.

The following week after stable push, we usually see the first experimental on the next build number.

Edited by BioHaze

I see.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but doesn't dropping the item now remove it from your hot bar?

That's a soft indicator...

Well yes but I'd say it's not good enough indicator. Still easily missable.

One thing that came in my mind is that when you use hotbar, the item doesn't get changed if you don't have enough room in your inventory but you can drop it from your hands from the inventory screen.

Though that's still bit vunerable for server lag but still bit better.

The biggest issue is currently the server lag or tracking bug, so the server says you aren't there where you are in your screen and the item gets dropped who knows where. If that gets fixed then the current thing could be bearable but not perfect IMO.

/I got to add I like the feature that the item doesn't take space in inventory when it's in your hands so I'm not against that at all. It's a very good thing.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 1

Btw, has anyone found an SVD yet? And managed to find ammo and a scope for it? Pics or it didnt happen too lol

Hmmm... Around 6 servers are up, all of them packed except one with like 26 people on. Tried to connect, got wait for host, waited but host never appeared. Silly host. ^^

I'm kinda wondering if I should just switch to stable and go exploring for a while again, with no persistence there's no need to find and build camps, so why the heck not?

Is anybody on one of the exp. servers? Just wondering about performance in general.

I've a got a feeling 0.57 on stable will be a blood bath.. New guns and item respawn on server restarts :)

Yeah, shits gonna get weird(er).

People are going to camp hotspots close to server restarts, mod level encounters at NWA, etc.

Stealth mode engaged..... :ph34r:

• Like 2

Hmmm... Around 6 servers are up, all of them packed except one with like 26 people on. Tried to connect, got wait for host, waited but host never appeared. Silly host. ^^

I'm kinda wondering if I should just switch to stable and go exploring for a while again, with no persistence there's no need to find and build camps, so why the heck not?

Is anybody on one of the exp. servers? Just wondering about performance in general.

I was playing 1 hour ago. But you have to wait. Maybe 1-3 min until i could join. First it says waiting for host but after a while i got connected.

Edit: Performance was good only a few slowdowns in a few hours.

Edited by xCrankx
  • Like 1

People are going to camp hotspots close to server restarts, mod level encounters at NWA, etc.

Gonna be a fun change of pace

indeed !

my strategy : find a blaze 95 + hunting scope and scout for players camping NWAF on low pop servers around restarts :)

• Like 1

indeed !

my strategy : find a blaze 95 + hunting scope and scout for players camping NWAF on low pop servers around restarts :)

Why not the Winchester?

Btw, has anyone found an SVD yet? And managed to find ammo and a scope for it? Pics or it didnt happen too lol

I found an SVD magazine with 10 rounds of 762, but no gun  :(.  Lucky for me I had a mosin with no ammo :D. 

Today was a good day.

Is anyone else only seeing 1 US server?

Yes, US East 0-1.  50/50 players.  Got to wait in line if you want to ride the ride. 

I found a few guns.  Then found a few mags.  Never had both at the same time.  The gun spawns with the PSO attached - you can also chamber a round.  I liked it, but prefer the Winchester with HS (because the HS, like the departed LRS is variable with the RMB).

Why not the Winchester?

i'm more effective with the blaze on close encounters and i don't want to abuse the winchester full auto bug :) . not to mention that before getting the scope, i LOVE the sights of the blaze at night. i hunted many players on 0.57 exp and the blaze never let me down :thumbsup:

here is one SVD, never found a mag, i learned to late that there was a static truck at msta, allowing you to rush the NWAF before everyone after a wipe. the SVD was not hard to find

1902602015051900005.jpg

Edited by Zboub le météor