boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

To whoever took my tent on US Southeast2 0-2 I hope you enjoy the crappy stuff that was in it lol I heard you pulling up so I left before you could get the good gear I was carrying. Also, I'm curious how you found me since I always check my surroundings to make sure nobody saw me heading to my tent?

Edit: Has anyone noticed that the pistol grip mp-133 is held like the pump action version instead of being held by the grip on the pump?

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1

Or has performance in cities in experimental increased?  I'll do some testing later, but I am almost certain my performance in Cherno and Elecktro was seeing around a 30% boost in frames.  For the first time ever, I don't think I dipped below 20fps while running through Elecktro, on an fx-6300.

Anyone else notice this?  I'd chalk it up to a lack of zombies, but I play experimental often so this isn't the first time I have been playing without infected.

• Like 1

Anyone actually going north? And I mean north north, like above Novo. I've been on for hours and haven't seen a single person

Anyone actually going north? And I mean north north, like above Novo. I've been on for hours and haven't seen a single person

What server?

I spent most of my play time today in the north from Nagornoe to Kamensk to Novaya Petrovka. Didn't make it all the way up to Tisy or Stary Yar though. 1pp Northeast US server today. I saw a V3S go by at one point but generally quiet.

Edited by Ebrim

What server?

Northeast 0-1 3pp. been playing for almost 7 hours straight lol. Been moving between Severograd, Tisy, Krasnoe, and Novaya Petrovka.

I spent most of my play time today in the north from Nagornoe to Kamensk to Novaya Petrovka. Didn't make it all the way up to Tisy or Stary Yar though. 1pp Northeast US server today. I saw a V3S go by at one point but generally quiet.

Stary Yar is by far my new favorite place. There is a small pond up by the north-west corner of it that is beautiful for fishing. Set up a tent there too when .57 hit exp and put a bunch of stuff in it. Someone found it and took a blaze with ammo, 2 akm mags, and a Kashtan scope. Didn't really plan on hiding it so I don't mind

• Like 1

To whoever took my tent on US Southeast2 0-2 I hope you enjoy the crappy stuff that was in it lol I heard you pulling up so I left before you could get the good gear I was carrying. Also, I'm curious how you found me since I always check my surroundings to make sure nobody saw me heading to my tent?

This is weirding me out a bit... I have my own camp on that same server right now. I made the camp though, and both tents were found spawned inside houses, so I think this is purely a coincidence. It just weirds me out in particular because you said about hearing someone pull up... well, I drove right up to my tent (in the trees) in a spot you would HAVE to know to locate at night. If you go back and find a second tent, I guess you'll know we're sharing a camp  :lol:

I had a blast today playing with loot back on. Performance without zombies on is still really good all around, and the inventory is MUCH less buggy. Still issues with things getting lost or turned invisible as others have reported, but it's a lot less clunky than it was in 0.56.

Had a friendly encounter earlier where another gentleman and I exchanged our hellos and went on our way. Then about an hour later, I was making my way through Severograd and two jerks who were fueling up at a water pump pulled a gun on me and took some shots... I was able to escape with only a ruined jacket and some lost health, fortunately.

Over the course of about 4 broken-up hours I was able to assemble a 2-tent camp with lots of basic supplies and even some unnecessary ones. I'm carrying a Winchester at the moment, but dropped a Mosin and Trumpet both at earlier points when I found something more suitable to my ammo collection. The RAK came from a police station, along with all of the MP5 clips in my protector case. The rope and fishing hook are awaiting some worms to try out fishing, but I did successfully catch, skin, and cook a rabbit earlier.

ui1WWrS.jpg

cGjAWx4.jpg

ALnKKDO.jpg

g8cLXAe.jpg

• Like 2

This is weirding me out a bit... I have my own camp on that same server right now. I made the camp though, and both tents were found spawned inside houses, so I think this is purely a coincidence. It just weirds me out in particular because you said about hearing someone pull up... well, I drove right up to my tent (in the trees) in a spot you would HAVE to know to locate at night. If you go back and find a second tent, I guess you'll know we're sharing a camp  :lol:

I had a blast today playing with loot back on. Performance without zombies on is still really good all around, and the inventory is MUCH less buggy. Still issues with things getting lost or turned invisible as others have reported, but it's a lot less clunky than it was in 0.56.

Had a friendly encounter earlier where another gentleman and I exchanged our hellos and went on our way. Then about an hour later, I was making my way through Severograd and two jerks who were fueling up at a water pump pulled a gun on me and took some shots... I was able to escape with only a ruined jacket and some lost health, fortunately.

Over the course of about 4 broken-up hours I was able to assemble a 2-tent camp with lots of basic supplies and even some unnecessary ones. I'm carrying a Winchester at the moment, but dropped a Mosin and Trumpet both at earlier points when I found something more suitable to my ammo collection. The RAK came from a police station, along with all of the MP5 clips in my protector case. The rope and fishing hook are awaiting some worms to try out fishing, but I did successfully catch, skin, and cook a rabbit earlier.

ui1WWrS.jpg

cGjAWx4.jpg

ALnKKDO.jpg

g8cLXAe.jpg

Nah, my little camp was most likely in a bad spot anyways since it was near the military base by vybor but it's weird the person found where I was since nobody was around when I went there. I did see you playing at the same time as I was though so that was pretty cool.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1

I hope they seriously tone down the M65 jackets as CLE moves on, they are everywhere. :(

Why?

I rarely see them. If anything they are more rare then the Hunter jackets.

Why?

I rarely see them. If anything they are more rare then the Hunter jackets.

That's funny, I've had the opposite experience. Care to trade? :)

I'm going to hop on both stable and experimental in Elecktro and monitor fps, see what difference there is.

That's funny, I've had the opposite experience. Care to trade? :)

I wouldn't mind a piece of that action. I've been looking for a M65 jacket all day and I'm still looking. I don't dispute that they are out there, but I haven't seen one. I've also seen a grand total of one hunting jacket today and that was after several hours of looking! I think that it's safe to say that the loot isn't very evenly distributed. 

Person with red chemlight freaked me out properly but went their own way.

Person in Novaya that drove the truck through in blackout, I hope you found something good in the police station and thanks for water purification and shotgun shells.

Drinking soda gets stuck transitioning to your hand if you were holding something else.

Dragging the can to your hands does not fix this as it used to.

I made a fireplace smoulder and emit light indefinitely by putting a pan inside it and extinguishing it with my canteen.

You could drag the hot coals around, it was weird.

Edited by BioHaze

I have a spare olive one loaded with food if you'd like

Thanks for the generous offer.

I grabbed the Khaki one at the time, didn't want the Olive one.

Hmm ok well got on this afternoon, everything is empty, headed inland and town after town are empty, found scraps, .22 rounds and a sporter, so I'm single shot 22. A few more hours of jogging through town after town after town. Logging off just now with nothing. Haven't seen a person or an animal yet. No zombies is lucky for me at this point.

Looks like almost nothing is changed: popular places - no loot, find a place that wasn't looted - loot for days. Yawn.

In other news:

I've tried chasing a boar with a stick (that was before I got geared) - he has a turbo boost or something? Looked like a scene from a cartoon when he started running crazy fast.

Where have you people found barrels at? I've read reports of them being found on police cars. Do they spawn anywhere else?

I'd like to try my hand at leather coloring. The improvised leather west is cool (if wore with a shirt that doesn't clip into it), but way too bright without any coloring... I reckon I have close to zero chance of finding one though, with loot not respawning properly...

I made a fireplace smoulder and emit light indefinitely by putting a pan inside it and extinguishing it with my canteen.

You could drag the hot coals around, it was weird.

I noticed that too, no pan required. Seems like the coals stay hot until a server restart. I logged out and came back like 2.5 hours later and my coals were still warm and lighting up my camp :p

Where have you people found barrels at? I've read reports of them being found on police cars. Do they spawn anywhere else?

I'd like to try my hand at leather coloring. The improvised leather west is cool (if wore with a shirt that doesn't clip into it), but way too bright without any coloring... I reckon I have close to zero chance of finding one though, with loot not respawning properly...

I've seen people post pictures of them just plopped down next to the side of a house, too. I think they're just an uncommon/rare civilian (and maybe police?) spawn item. Not sure if anyone has seen any in 0.57 yet... anyone?

• Like 4

i just killed my first cow without glitch, it took me about 20 minutes of running, i almost used all my energy to kill it ! it was worth it, i used its bones to craft hooks and spare some for more arrows, i saved its leather to craf canteen if i'm lucky enought to find a leather sewing kit and i made a bow using it's guts. this cow was hard to get, but it's a life saver ! no mutch loot left on UK 5 0-1  :(

150528011701902433.jpg

Edited by Zboub le météor
  • Like 6

i just killed my first cow without glitch, it took me about 20 minutes of running, i almost used all my energy to kill it ! it was worth it, i used its bones to craft hooks and spare some for more arrows, i saved its leather to craf canteen if i'm lucky enought to find a leather sewing kit and i made a bow using it's guts. this cow was hard to get, but it's a life saver ! no mutch loot left on UK 5 0-1  :(

150528011701902433.jpg

Yeah, it's amazing how much that first animal kill can make things easier, especially a big one like a cow.

Funny thing: I never got light green energized yesterday (just dark green) but eventually got healthy anyway.

Looks like almost nothing is changed: popular places - no loot, find a place that wasn't looted - loot for days. Yawn.

In other news:

I've tried chasing a boar with a stick (that was before I got geared) - he has a turbo boost or something? Looked like a scene from a cartoon when he started running crazy fast.

That's what this game is missing, ACME Rocket Powered Skates. They're endorsed by Wile E. Coyote, so you know that they have to be good!

As seen on TV.

• Like 3

For anybody struggling to survive, apples seem to have been seriously buffed this update. I was red hungry and yellow thirsty. I ate 9 apples and was energized and hydrated. I think it took 3 or 4 to get back to neutral on both.

• Like 1