Miquinei

.56 patch coming anytime soon? Is this game progressing at an increasingly slower rate?

I've stopped playing DayZ a while ago because of its performance issues and optimization. But I've looked at and read all the patch notes that came out. They would normally come out every month but recently there are delays. Especially with 0.56, it's been almost two months with no patch on stable, what is going on with the project? Have devs decided that it's no longer profitable to release the game since it's already sold out?

Can someone enlighten me please? Thanks!

Edited by Miquinei
  • Like 1

I've stopped playing DayZ a while ago because of its performance issues and optimization. But I've looked at and read all the patch notes that came out. They would normally come out every month but recently there are delays. Especially with 0.56, it's been almost two months with no patch on stable, what is going on with the game? Have devs decided that it's no longer profitable to release the game since it's already sold out?

.57 should be coming out next Wednesday. It's being developed at the same rate, they just skipped the update last month. I feel like the updates are actually including more each time than in the past too, making it, overall, faster. But yeah. .57 next week, forget .56.

You have to bear in mind that they're currently working on (and near to releasing) some of the large aspects of the back end of the game. Renderer, 64 bit, multithreading, etc.

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 5

.57 should be coming out next Wednesday. It's being developed at the same rate, they just skipped the update last month. I feel like the updates are actually including more each time than in the past too, making it, overall, faster. But yeah. .57 next week, forget .56.

Thanks! I hope that's the case and I'll have a good read. All I am waiting for to jump back in are major performance and network updates. 

Thanks! I hope that's the case and I'll have a good read. All I am waiting for to jump back in are major performance and network updates. 

Yeah, they've been talking about huge performance improvements both server side and player side in internal tests, so hopefully all should be great. Also, added Eugen's tweet to my first post, saying .57 should be out next week. :)

I'm just hoping that we get .57 on experimental before it goes out on stable. Worried about the lack of external testing on it. :/

Edited by Beizs

Beizs gave good info above....

Always keep in mind that there are many more months left of development as well.

Unfortunately, performance issues will come and go throughout the process, especially early on.

(Currently, some of the first iterations of new tech are causing massive performance issues and have caused them to stagger the update cycle to preserve some performance/playability for the stable branch.)

And definitely keep reading.

Status reports and the dev section of the forum have some great info and if you really want some "cutting edge" info try following the official Stable and Experimental threads.

Worst case scenario, when something about the current state of DayZ troubles you, try taking a break, and playing something else until a new update maybe addresses the issue (as you are doing now).

Also... why do you think DayZ "sold out"?

Steam can certainly sell, upload, and host, many more clients.

Yeah, they've been talking about huge performance improvements both server side and player side in internal tests, so hopefully all should be great. Also, added Eugen's tweet to my first post, saying .57 should be out next week. :)

I'm just hoping that we get .57 on experimental before it goes out on stable. Worried about the lack of external testing on it. :/

We probably will get it by this weekend or Monday at the very least.

Well, I am glad the game is moving forwards. I just want to enjoy DayZ at 60 fps stable and no desync, rest is optional to me. 

Beizs gave good info above....

Always keep in mind that there are many more months left of development as well.

Unfortunately, performance issues will come and go throughout the process, especially early on.

(Currently, some of the first iterations of new tech are causing massive performance issues and have caused them to stagger the update cycle to preserve some performance/playability for the stable branch.)

And definitely keep reading.

Status reports and the dev section of the forum have some great info and if you really want some "cutting edge" info try following the official Stable and Experimental threads.

Worst case scenario, when something about the current state of DayZ troubles you, try taking a break, and playing something else until a new update maybe addresses the issue (as you are doing now).

Also... why do you think DayZ "sold out"?

Steam can certainly sell, upload, and host, many more clients.

Well after the initial alhpa release, DayZ sold tons of copies. I don't know the exact figures and whether I am correct on this or not, but I figured those who wanted the game would have purchased it back then and there is maybe 20-50% of gamers to capture with full release - please correct me if I am wrong. 
Edited by Miquinei

Hopefully we get a status report tomorrow as that'll likely shed some more insight as well.

0.57 Huge performance increases by removing zombies.

0.58 Even huger performance increases by removing players.

• Like 10

-snip-

Well after the initial alhpa release, DayZ sold tons of copies. I don't know the exact figures and whether I am correct on this or not, but I figured those who wanted the game would have purchased it back then and there is maybe 20-50% of gamers to capture with full release - please correct me if I am wrong. 

I think I know what you are saying here.

50% more is possible, eventually.

DayZ popularity will likely grow as major features are implemented.

I believe DayZ sees waves of interest even now and those waves will grow in size as time goes on.

Edited by BioHaze

I think I know what you are saying here.

50% more is possible, eventually.

DayZ popularity will likely grow as major features are implemented.

I believe DayZ sees waves of interest even now and those waves will grow in size as time goes on.

i truly believed they will timed the full release when World War Z 2 released in 2016@! May as well use that zombie publicity to attract more players..I would if I am Bohemia..Marketing! 

Edited by thewire

.57 patch will see zombies put back in, they are currently removed ....

@ OP love how people exert the effort to make posts like this but can't be asked to look at a single dev blog at any point in time.

Edited by SaveMeJebus

No one here in the forums, including myself, have ever developed a massive multiplayer game before. So I don't worry about the "pace" of DayZ's development. I wouldn't know what to look for in what's a proper pace for developing a game.

There are many zombie apocalypse based games out there. But I think DayZ is the better version of the bunch despite its current alpha state. I think when DayZ is finally released it will probably outsell a lot of games. Not just the post apocalyptic type. That's just me.

I've taken a break from DayZ on occasion. But I'm always pulled back because it's still one of the better games I've ever played. And there a lot of stale games out there. There are a lot of games that are derivatives of one another. DayZ is a breath of fresh air. I still have fun in DayZ despite the problems that come with a new game in early development.

• Like 1

I'm just wondering is it coming out next Wednesday or the week after? Sorry I just couldn't find any confirmation on it does anyone know if a dev has announced it or not?

I remember I read somewhere that it would be on the upcoming Wednesday.

But since I don't know where, don't take it as a fact. ;)

I'm just wondering is it coming out next Wednesday or the week after? Sorry I just couldn't find any confirmation on it does anyone know if a dev has announced it or not?

I'd suggest getting a twitter account (if you don't already have one), follow Eugene, Brian, dayz dev accounts, etc. 

The most up-to-date information is here.

Edited by tux

unfortunately game development is not a linear path :(

On the bright side, at least the steam page for DayZ doesn't come with a 'BlackMesa Source esque' caveat to the tune of 'this game may or may not experience further development from it's current state...

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

consumer confidence is not lost in DayZ just yet...

• Like 1

unfortunately game development is not a linear path :(

On the bright side, at least the steam page for DayZ doesn't come with a 'BlackMesa Source esque' caveat to the tune of 'this game may or may not experience further development from it's current state...

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

consumer confidence is not lost in DayZ just yet...

actually BM is basically Halflife HD i bought it from steam expecting nothing more then to relive HL1 with updated graphics and got what i paid for. Don't really see the 'need' to develop it further. As for dayZ- I bought it on day 1 hoping for vanilla mod with with better anti-cheat and optimizations. time will tell if it will give what i had hoped for or not. Recently i have started playing mod again and it felt like 'going back home'. I hope the finished version of SA gives me the same feeling- if it doesn't then it fails as a continuation of dayZ in *my eyes*.

*Its worth stating that I don't thing being different make it a bad game- just that my view point is colored by playing mod since 2012. vanilla mods IS THE STANDARD anything with the name 'dayZ' will always be compared to for me. much like many people enjoyed Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Taken by it's self it was a great game with some nice inovations, but i was always resentful towards it because i associate the BF franchise with the likes of BF2 and BF1942.

I dont see a new patch coming this week. The same inventory bugs have plagued all the updates on the exp. branch. Guns vanishing, hotbar screwy, etc. Plus, they havent been able to pin down a working CLE build either. I'd imagine they'd need to test a new CLE build in exp. for atleast another week so even if they do update stable this week, I wouldnt think they'd include CLE in it.

I dont see a new patch coming this week. The same inventory bugs have plagued all the updates on the exp. branch. Guns vanishing, hotbar screwy, etc. Plus, they havent been able to pin down a working CLE build either. I'd imagine they'd need to test a new CLE build in exp. for atleast another week so even if they do update stable this week, I wouldnt think they'd include CLE in it.

The hotbar is unimportant, it's amazing how quickly I stopped missing it. Loot in exp right now is fine, excepting more long-term issues like loot-splosions. Inventory bugs I think are probably the biggest issue before stable but keep in mind we haven't had a real update to exp in about a week. Lots may have changed on internal versions in that time. If we get an exp patch with a number of fixes tomorrow, say, a stable update the same week is perfectly reasonable.

actually BM is basically Halflife HD i bought it from steam expecting nothing more then to relive HL1 with updated graphics and got what i paid for. Don't really see the 'need' to develop it further. As for dayZ- I bought it on day 1 hoping for vanilla mod with with better anti-cheat and optimizations. time will tell if it will give what i had hoped for or not. Recently i have started playing mod again and it felt like 'going back home'. I hope the finished version of SA gives me the same feeling- if it doesn't then it fails as a continuation of dayZ in *my eyes*.

*Its worth stating that I don't thing being different make it a bad game- just that my view point is colored by playing mod since 2012. vanilla mods IS THE STANDARD anything with the name 'dayZ' will always be compared to for me. much like many people enjoyed Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Taken by it's self it was a great game with some nice inovations, but i was always resentful towards it because i associate the BF franchise with the likes of BF2 and BF1942.

Fair enough, I didn't look into it too much because i knew it was a fan/mod/upgrade of HL1 and wasn't aware that it was finished.  Having a disclaimer like that makes me feel unwary of any bugs or support issues that may pop up and drove me away, but if it works great. I'll stick to my 800x600 openGL thanks :P

As for DayZ i feel like a virgin again coming back (for the very first time) in a few months... zombies pizow appear out of nowhere, f''' me up in all kinds of ways, and take numerous blows to the upper region with the fire-axe to take down now.  They also seem to insta-hit you no matter where you're standing, heard rumor no more circle dancing but this kind of melee sounds like a RNG rock-em-sock-em ordeal...

does not want

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

The hotbar is unimportant, it's amazing how quickly I stopped missing it. Loot in exp right now is fine, excepting more long-term issues like loot-splosions. Inventory bugs I think are probably the biggest issue before stable but keep in mind we haven't had a real update to exp in about a week. Lots may have changed on internal versions in that time. If we get an exp patch with a number of fixes tomorrow, say, a stable update the same week is perfectly reasonable.

Loot is fine for the first couple days then it nearly stops respawning, the complete opposite of loot-splosions. Its actually too plentiful the first couple days, i think they need to find a medium or persistence resets will still need to be done just to have loot on servers again in the long term.

I've stopped playing DayZ a while ago because of its performance issues and optimization. But I've looked at and read all the patch notes that came out. They would normally come out every month but recently there are delays. Especially with 0.56, it's been almost two months with no patch on stable, what is going on with the project? Have devs decided that it's no longer profitable to release the game since it's already sold out?

They're sorting out the loot system. Its been an on-going issue for months and months in case you missed it. They're also adding new bits of the engine, renderer, etc...shit takes time dude. its not like replacing a carburetor.

.57 patch will see zombies put back in, they are currently removed ....

Last I saw stable would still have zombies removed but they would be put into experimental for testing. Did I miss something?

Dear People...

you have no clue about developing Software...

You know jackshit about internal developments,

you know jackshit about the looteconomy or what will Change yaddayadda...

stop pretending you do...

be Patient...Play something else..come back see what changed..but repeating the circlejerk every fucking patch is getting really boring....

• Like 1