boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Ok i dont know how they wanna fix this build until next week there is so much broken atm its realy bad.

I found a 1911 engraved with ammo put it in my backpack and then put another weapon in and the 1911disappeared.

Then i put a Full Attachable pouche in and its gone. But the worst thing happened when i found my first Mp5 i had 3 mags

and load the weapon but then i get chased by 2 guys and the ammo disappeared from the Mp5 and i coulden´t shoot at all.

Then i try to load the Gun but its not Possible and i cant change to another weapon no Melee or other gun the Mp5 just stuck in my hand.

I got killed like a Cow without a chance to do anything realy annoying.

Edit: I diden´t use the Hotbar at all so that coulden´t be the Reason for that.

it happend from time to time these days. click on the red cross in your inventory to remove weapon from your hands, then drag it back in your hand, all the attachments should be back on the weapon (including mags). repeat a few times if it doesn't work. 

i would have been quite mad if it happened to me in a firefight situation  > :(

Edited by Zboub le météor
  • Like 1

I doubt more than very few people in practice actually forage for more than a couple minutes at a time. Foraging is tedious at best and while it's absolutely possible to do exactly as you describe, the number of people who complain that they starve to death in this game is good evidence that this just simply isn't an option most people want to pursue. I did one test case where I foraged for 20 minutes and got about a bag of rice worth of energy for it but I would never spend 20 minutes in a non-test scenario foraging for 20 minutes and I imagine that applies to most of the playerbase as well. In fact I realized that any time I've spent foraging is probably less than 2 minutes at any particular bush or tree as I often stop after I've gathered 1-3 fruits. So sure, I think it's a game mechanic which arguably could be abused in the "spirit" of the game but sprinting for an hour straight is no less gamey and silly and yet everyone does it because it's far less tedious than foraging. Making something a painful process is a good way to prevent its abuse, I guess some people still might but I'm not sure how much that matters.

Again, if someone is having trouble staying alive, giving them the advice: "learn the map intimately and the buildings where people do and don't go" is far less immediately useful than "supplement your diet with a few berries and apples". They'll learn the former eventually anyway.

Fair point.

I guess while we wait for implementation of stamina system and changes to how apple picking works, we have to just accept what we have right now.

I'd really like to see random spawn points, so my first task when making new character wouldn't be "get away from the coast asap".

• Like 2

I have been cutting down berry bushes and apple trees from elektro to stary  only drama i have not been able to check if they come back with server rest 

yes they respawn after server restart.... was hard work for me and my chainsaw to cut all appletree orchards only to see they respawn... <_<

Fair point.

I guess while we wait for implementation of stamina system and changes to how apple picking works, we have to just accept what we have right now.

I'd really like to see random spawn points, so my first task when making new character wouldn't be "get away from the coast asap".

I'd really like random spawn points too, but every time I think about it, I can't help but compare spawning in one of the towns near the NWAF, like, say, Vybor and somewhere far away from anything, like Shakhovka. I feel like people would just kill themselves repeatedly through any possible means until they got a spawn they liked. It already happens a little with the limited spawn points, imagine how much people would do it just to get a NWAF spawn/other good location.

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 1

Not sure about that. If you had 200 or more random spawn points, with a minute or two timer between each spawn, that would seem fair to me. Sure, they might get lucky, but it would be just as easy to spend 3hrs and never get that sweet spawn.

• Like 1

Just tossing this out there:

On US Central 0-1 (1st/3rd)  I have created 6 fireplaces this morning, and each has disappeared once placed on the ground.

I just dropped a stick on the ground, and then added the bark and created a fireplace on the ground, same thing, fireplace disappeared within a few seconds.

Hopping to another server to see if the issue is there as well.

Also, I normally play on 1st person only servers, going to try making one on that character as well.

Want to send it to feedback tracker, but not enough data yet.

Edit to add:

Just moved to US Southcentral  0-1, worked fine, built a fire and cooked off my 8 fish fillets.

Going back to US Central 0-1, going to see if I can make one now(was a player side bug) or if not (something on the server side).

brb

Edit 2:

Nope, still having the fireplaces disappear nearly instantly.

Another strange side effect: The fish that I had just cooked is now red(hot) but the icon is raw instead of at the first stage of "done".

Edited by =WIDOWMAKER=

Just tossing this out there:

On US Central 0-1 (1st/3rd)  I have created 6 fireplaces this morning, and each has disappeared once placed on the ground.

I just dropped a stick on the ground, and then added the bark and created a fireplace on the ground, same thing, fireplace disappeared within a few seconds.

Hopping to another server to see if the issue is there as well.

Also, I normally play on 1st person only servers, going to try making one on that character as well.

Want to send it to feedback tracker, but not enough data yet.

Edit to add:

Just moved to US Southcentral  0-1, worked fine, built a fire and cooked off my 8 fish fillets.

Going back to US Central 0-1, going to see if I can make one now(was a player side bug) or if not (something on the server side).

brb

try to make space for an fireplace in your invetory before you craft it on ground, i will bet it will appear in your inventory.

same happens when you open a can on the ground without space in your pack, it disappeares 

Not sure about that. If you had 200 or more random spawn points, with a minute or two timer between each spawn, that would seem fair to me. Sure, they might get lucky, but it would be just as easy to spend 3hrs and never get that sweet spawn.

True, but it could only take four or five to get a hell of a lot closer to where you want to be. The map, honestly, has been designed around coastal spawn points. Maybe with more random loot, it'd not be as much of an issue, but just look at the heli spawns for evidence of that. They're all in the west, with the majority more north (in areas that can be very unsafe if you don't already have good gear).

Edited by Beizs

try to make space for an fireplace in your invetory before you craft it on ground, i will bet it will appear in your inventory.

same happens when you open a can on the ground without space in your pack, it disappeares 

Yep, did that also, result was:

Fireplace in backpack, stable, no prob.

Place on ground, disappears.

Such a strange bug.

Would anyone mind going on US Central 0-1 and trying to make a fireplace and setting it on the ground?

Literally before I can light it, it disappears.

Just got to thinking it was because I was using bark with stick to craft. Just tried it with a rag, same situation.

Not sure how to submit it to feedback tracker, as I can't find a workaround or the actual "trigger" of the bug.

Edited by =WIDOWMAKER=

Yep, did that also, result was:

Fireplace in backpack, stable, no prob.

Place on ground, disappears.

Such a strange bug.

Would anyone mind going on US Central 0-1 and trying to make a fireplace and setting it on the ground?

I've had a fair few issues with placing items on the ground in general. Seems like a lot of loot, when dropped on the ground, is returning to the place where you picked it up. Had a similar issue a while back, where this was a pretty well known thing. Not sure what the case would be with the fireplace - maybe where you got the sticks/logs?

Either way, it really sucks. Hopefully they've fixed it in .57.

I've had a fair few issues with placing items on the ground in general. Seems like a lot of loot, when dropped on the ground, is returning to the place where you picked it up. Had a similar issue a while back, where this was a pretty well known thing. Not sure what the case would be with the fireplace - maybe where you got the sticks/logs?

Either way, it really sucks. Hopefully they've fixed it in .57.

Ok I'm going to go grab sticks from one specific spot, move away 10 yards and then craft it, when it disappears I will go back to where the bush was that I cut the sticks from, good idea!

Edit:  No luck, grabbed sticks from bushes, moved directly backwards 10 to 15 yards, crafted fireplace, placed on ground, vanished.  Went to the bush site(still on ground was the "felled" bush), nothing there.

Seems that it won't work with "sticks", probably because the item does not exist in the location of the bush, the item is generated after the bush object is interacted with.

Strange.

Edited by =WIDOWMAKER=
  • Like 1

I had two fires vanish on me last time we got an experimental patch. The third time I used birch bark as kindling only about 200 meters away and it works perfectly and I haven't had a problem since using any type of kindling. There's a bug somewhere but it has stopped effecting me, I don't know it's cause and haven't made it happen again.

As for random spawn points: I'm conflicted about this. I think you could maybe add more of them at various other edges of the map and it might be interesting but I also think the spawn on the beach with very few scavenging options that improve as you journey inland provides an interesting story.

May I?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give SA

I feel better now.

As you were.

Ok I'm going to go grab sticks from one specific spot, move away 10 yards and then craft it, when it disappears I will go back to where the bush was that I cut the sticks from, good idea!

Edit:  No luck, grabbed sticks from bushes, moved directly backwards 10 to 15 yards, crafted fireplace, placed on ground, vanished.  Went to the bush site(still on ground was the "felled" bush), nothing there.

Seems that it won't work with "sticks", probably because the item does not exist in the location of the bush, the item is generated after the bush object is interacted with.

Strange.

Having the same thing on some servers tried everything suggested.

Changing servers and fireplace works.

i made one garden today, full of tomatos, and before i harvested it, the server crashed. joined another server, made another garden, plated all my seeds, crash again... join another server, climb a mirrador, scoot a little with my winchester then pulled my weapon away without moving : made me apear out of the mirrador = death. not my day, definitely not my day  :(

Edited by Zboub le météor

i made one garden today, full of tomatos, and before i harvested it, the server crashed. joined another server, made another garden, plated all my seeds, crash again... join another server, climb a mirrador, scoot a little with my winchester then pulled my weapon away without moving : made me apear out of the mirrador = death. not my day, definitely not my day  :(

No bueno. :(

I think most of us can empathize.

Edited by Ebrim

Ever been fishing and had this happen?

slAny5m.jpg    

Boots, pristine,  gotta love the devs :) 

Was a first for me.

• Like 4

slAny5m.jpg    

Was a first for me.

You caught a pair of pristine boots?! XD

Thats an awesome way to get an item lol.

Does anyone else spawn in the same area regularly? Trying to get a svetlo spawn on my laptop and other account and its anywhere else, on my desktop my last 5-10 spawns have all been svetlo.

Ya was trying some crazy things and died about 4 times in an hour and I popped up in the same place all 4 times. The dice roll sometimes acts weird.

slAny5m.jpg    

Was a first for me.

Let us know when you get a dragonov then everyone will be fishing hoping to get sweet items with little work!

slAny5m.jpg    

Was a first for me.

Yup, two or three times now. I love the message you get, "I caught... something."

• Like 1

I was having issues with overheating with the M65 jacket, but since, I've used pretty much the same setup and not overheated. I'm assuming I had some kind of new, not too awful illness. Just a fever or something.

That said, I don't remember the last time I was cold. Pretty much the second I hit the north & got my loot, the status effect just didn't exist for me.

It seems like it's spring in the game. I was in between some big mountains down near a dried up creek and I noticed steam coming from my breath. Maybe it was the last cool spot. I think you can still run around naked and get cold, cause it's not summer yet. Ya I have full gear on and m65 jacket for a couple days, sprinting, sneaking with no problems.  By the way, thanks to everyone for the hints lately. I was able to find cargo pants in the two building garages, like the ones north of the tracks north of the nw airfield. I still have not seen a pair of military pants or a first aid kit in the last few days. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that you're having so many problems. I also decided to be a farmer today and I had quite the green thumb. I grew so many pumpkins, that I even left a couple of them at the local well.

Which building/tower killed you? 

It seems like it's spring in the game. I was in between some big mountains down near a dried up creek and I noticed steam coming from my breath. Maybe it was the last cool spot. I think you can still run around naked and get cold, cause it's not summer yet. Ya I have full gear on and m65 jacket for a couple days, sprinting, sneaking with no problems.  By the way, thanks to everyone for the hints lately. I was able to find cargo pants in the two building garages, like the ones north of the tracks north of the nw airfield. I still have not seen a pair of military pants or a first aid kit in the last few days. 

Yeah, probably with the next CLE update (next exp patch?) we'll see more items spawning than are now, including some of the old military pants. I'd guess, but I'm not sure, that the old hunter's pants may get re-textured to match the new hunting jackets so we may not see them immediately but that's just a guess.

Yep, just recast after a string of 7 or 8 fish, if you enlarge the pic, it says "I have caught ... something " .   I was honestly bewildered for a second but still managed to grab a screenshot of it while the message was up!  :)

You caught a pair of pristine boots?! XD

Thats an awesome way to get an item lol.

I agree, totally awesome way to get an item.

Let us know when you get a dragonov then everyone will be fishing hoping to get sweet items with little work!

LOL