boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Me too. The more predictable the game is, the less I want to play it. When 0.55 hit Stable with the completely crazy and random loot, I was happily revisiting every single area of the map and finding all kinds of crazy stuff in crazy places. I know it should never be quite that way again, but I really did the love the unpredictability. 

That's exactly what I disliked. It turned into a "doesn't matter where we go" thing. No motivation to risk going to "dangerous" mil areas. Also resulted in not finding ppl, because they were everywhere. Especially for "more worthy" combat gear I like having choke points where you have a high risk of dying.

After reading all this about the running speeds, I think I should elaborate on how I reached the sprinting is 50% faster than jogging thing from above. Ppl tested quite a bit, respect.

Iirc some time ago at least running speed was dependant on your exhaustion. Think I saw a video about that. again, if memory serves right, you were able to sprint faster with a rifle in your hands then without one ... provided you were not exhausted at all. Then you started to become slower and when exhausted, running with a rifle was finally slower than with empty hands. Or was it the same speed at the beginning?

Well, the important thing was that I remembered that you are/were supposedly slower when exhausted.

I tested jogging vs sprinting on the main road in zelenogorsk, just in front of the mil compound. I started with sprinting full speed for a few minutes and then did the same distance again and again always starting exhausted. I tried point to point, but you get quite far in a minute sprinting, so I switched to running from point to point while trying to always run exactly in the middle of the road. I got some values like 37 seconds vs 54 seconds, did not do longer runs, but quite a few of these. I am actually quite sure about my results, don't think I would be off 6.6% with my sprinting speed being too slow (someone said it's 60% instead of 50). Gotta do that again, it seems :) Just don't know yet, when I find the time... .

BTW the the slight going down when running south there did not impact the results, it did not matter if I went north or south, the times were the same. So there is no slightly different speed when running as long as you don't see your character go to jogging speed.

Edited by bautschi

People who gravitate to DayZ for PvP seem to only be able to think about DayZ in the context of PvP only.

Many changes coming to DayZ in the future will make the game a lot less appealing to these people.

What happens when that load out they love makes them a snail?

What happens when they need to deal with a host of infections and illnesses that are time consuming and would never be found in any other FPS?

What happens when you have to hunt, fish, forage, or grow food to consider long term survival?

What happens when a single gunshot can draw 20 infected?

I'll tell you what happens.

They go play Arma3; that's what happens.

Can it be updaet tiem nao?

• Like 4

Oh now this is fantastic news.

Curious what the crash trigger is. Don't touch the frying pans. :D

• Like 1

I hope the crash is something obscure like trying to attach a battery to a mosin...

Hopefully this is not a trigger to crash the server - player crashs would be ok :) I'm excited!

That's exactly what I disliked. It turned into a "doesn't matter where we go" thing. No motivation to risk going to "dangerous" mil areas. Also resulted in not finding ppl, because they were everywhere. Especially for "more worthy" combat gear I like having choke points where you have a high risk of dying.

I think it made the entire map a "dangerous area". The predictability of NWAF Deathmatch is something that I am completely over. 

That said, as you can see in my post that you quoted, I understand that it should not be that way again. However, anything that the designers do to make the game less "go here, get stuff, die, rinse ,repeat" is a major win in my book. For whatever reason, call me crazy, I enjoy being surprised by the game whether that is in the form of encountering others or happening across a piece of choice loot.  

• Like 1

I like items to make sense where they are but to have some underlying randomness. One should find most hard hats in industrial areas but similarly there should always be a tiny chance of finding something that makes no sense in an industrial area. If you're really wanting UK Assault vests you should probably only find them (and it would only make sense to look for them) at downed NATO helicopters (they really make no sense elsewhere) but there should always be that tiny chance that you find one in a shed in the middle of nowhere. Smersh vests should be in military areas, near downed tanks and such but who knows maybe one day you'll find one underneath a boat on the coast.

What I'm really looking forward to in CLE is regional spawns and just further refining and tuning.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 6

People who gravitate to DayZ for PvP seem to only be able to think about DayZ in the context of PvP only.

Many changes coming to DayZ in the future will make the game a lot less appealing to these people.

What happens when that load out they love makes them a snail?

What happens when they need to deal with a host of infections and illnesses that are time consuming and would never be found in any other FPS?

What happens when you have to hunt, fish, forage, or grow food to consider long term survival?

What happens when a single gunshot can draw 20 infected?

I'll tell you what happens.

They go play Arma3; that's what happens.

Can it be updaet tiem nao?

a lot of people (at least, those i encounter ingame) tend to play different styles. sometime veresnik geared PVP, sometime elektro mayhem, sometime the hunter, sometime the trapper, sometime the farmer, the friendly guy, the bandit that rob and release, the psycho, the traitor, the troll... i've done them all and they all can be funny as long as you try other gameplay experience too.

most "CoD" players (i don't like this expression but it speaks to everyone) already left the game for me (they are not in exp or private servers, only on full public 3PP server in cherno/elektro/berezino), those that remain will evolve with the gameplay changes. DayZ addicted players will continue to adapt and play different styles. one thing i'm sure of : players will continue to PVP  ;)

• Like 2

a lot of people (at least, those i encounter ingame) tend to play different styles. sometime veresnik geared PVP, sometime elektro mayhem, sometime the hunter, sometime the trapper, sometime the farmer, the friendly guy, the bandit that rob and release, the psycho, the traitor, the troll... i've done them all and they all can be funny as long as you try other gameplay experience too.

most "CoD" players (i don't like this expression but it speaks to everyone) already left the game for me (they are not in exp or private servers, only on full public 3PP server in cherno/elektro/berezino), those that remain will evolve with the gameplay changes. DayZ addicted players will continue to adapt and play different styles. one thing i'm sure of : players will continue to PVP  ;)

In one particular experimental build I was KoS'd 3 times in a row.

I don't believe these people avoid experimental at all.

PvP is a valid and intense part of DayZ game but is merely a fraction of time spent in the game where (especially in the future) you will need to invest A LOT of time into just keeping your character healthy.

The KoS/PvP only crowd has always been the population of DayZ that has the most turn over.

Most of the people I used to debate with against KoS 3 years ago are no longer on this forum and I would say most that left the forum, probably left the game too.

Soon they are followed by the next wave of people that saw a youtube video of some intense PvP and 60FPS made by a guy who has played for 1,000 hours and has a 4k$ computer.

One really obvious omission from the last streamer panel Hicks did at a game conference was any recognition that the way those streamers play, the videos that made them popular, may not be possible in future builds.

Lately, since the addition of the updated infected really, I have had only 1 really shitty KoS experience where I was gunned down by 2 players with SMG's when I was solo and every other experience (probably 10 or so encounters) were either neutral or "friendly".

• Like 2

I like items to make sense where they are but to have some underlying randomness. One should find most hard hats in industrial areas but similarly there should always be a tiny chance of finding something that makes no sense in an industrial area. If you're really wanting UK Assault vests you should probably only find them (and it would only make sense to look for them) at downed NATO helicopters (they really make no sense elsewhere) but there should always be that tiny chance that you find one in a shed in the middle of nowhere. Smersh vests should be in military areas, near downed tanks and such but who knows maybe one day you'll find one underneath a boat on the coast.

What I'm really looking forward to in CLE is regional spawns and just further refining and tuning.

I get where you're coming from, but it's fairly clear that it's been at least a short while since the apocalypse began. With all the looting that would ensue and the hoarding, I don't really thing that there should be any pattern to loot distrib at all (or it should be fairly loose), other than the fact that you're more likely to find larger amounts of loot (and better loot) at more defendable locations, as survivors would have longer to stockpile in those locations, though even that, honestly, I don't really like the sound of from a realistic/authentic gameplay perspective.

I think there should be more empty buildings, with the ones that are not empty having more loot, because that just makes sense from a logical standpoint.

Edited by Beizs

Soon they are followed by the next wave of people that saw a youtube video of some intense PvP and 60FPS made by a guy who has played for 1,000 hours and has a 4k$ computer.

One really obvious omission from the last streamer panel Hicks did at a game conference was any recognition that the way those streamers play, the videos that made them popular, may not be possible in future builds.

i agree with that. currently, the "biggest" streamer (1500-3000 viewers every streams) is a french guy (BIBIX) that play 95% electro PVP mayhem, killing almost every players he sees. i wonder if he was not invited because of his gameplay or because he seems to not speak english very well. he did a terrible work for the french community, leading a lot of players (often young males under 25yo) to that exclusive type of gameplay.

Edited by Zboub le météor

I get where you're coming from, but it's fairly clear that it's been at least a short while since the apocalypse began. With all the looting that would ensue and the hoarding, I don't really thing that there should be any pattern to loot distrib at all (or it should be fairly loose), other than the fact that you're more likely to find larger amounts of loot (and better loot) at more defendable locations, as survivors would have longer to stockpile in those locations, though even that, honestly, I don't really like the sound of from a realistic/authentic gameplay perspective.

I think there should be more empty buildings, with the ones that are not empty having more loot, because that just makes sense from a logical standpoint.

So ultimately I guess that gets to a lore-type vision of how things went down. That said, I don't imagine other survivors have religiously gathered up all the hammers in the world and stockpiled them somewhere, you'd still likely find more hammers in utility sheds. I agree with your general idea that most places should be empty aside from things that most people might not bother picking up, books, basic tools, various tattered clothes, etc.

So, we're getting today 0.57 exp build or a new 0.56?

^^

Yes.  -_-

Edit for less cheek: Technically a .56 I would bet but they could make a fool outta me.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

So, we're getting today 0.57 exp build or a new 0.56?

^^

I didn't even consider that. Ultimately, it probably only really matters to the devs and however they are choosing to track development progression. I'm just happy to see CLE changes and new stuff.

So ultimately I guess that gets to a lore-type vision of how things went down. That said, I don't imagine other survivors have religiously gathered up all the hammers in the world and stockpiled them somewhere, you'd still likely find more hammers in utility sheds. I agree with your general idea that most places should be empty aside from things that most people might not bother picking up, books, basic tools, various tattered clothes, etc.

Oh, yeah, obviously there'd be things excluded from that, but then, most of those things could be found anywhere any way (example - hammers, can openers, basic clothes etc) However, good clothes, ammo, guns, food etc wouldn't really be where you'd expect to find them any more, imo. Though, like you said, it's really just getting down in to the lore of DayZ, which is a slippery slope (or more like a a vertical freaking drop - there's really no concrete info).

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 2

Also noticed yesterday that all the items I put in my hot bar became frozen in my inventory and I could not access them at all. Had to quit and log back on to free them up.

The hotbar is bugged, because the devs have been working on a new inventory system. Eugen mentioned that the hotbar that they have on their internal build is quick and responsive. Hopefully we'll see it tonight.

• Like 2

Can't wait to find out what "new stuff" is. Too early for fatigue? I'm tired of the great sprint debate.

• Like 1