boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Let us know when you get a dragonov then everyone will be fishing hoping to get sweet items with little work!

That'd be too sweet, but it's only for boots :0 but imagine fishing a boot with a combat knife in it !

Can anyone confirm if the SVD can take a ghillie rifle wrap and if it's a heli only spawn?

Is drowning still working? If not, I may have discovered something of a little interest.

Also, is anybody willing to donate some stuff on 3pp so I can test, in depth, the hunger/thirst mecanics? I only have a geared player on 1pp. I'm able to gear up on 3pp, but really, am not particularly keen on doing so for a character that'll just end up dying.

What I'ma try to do is test the base rate of hunger and thirst degeneration, then for walking, jogging, sprinting, creeping (crouch walk) and creeping fast (crouch run), each with hot, cold and normal.

In order to do so, I'll need a bunch of food, a few bottles of water, some warm clothes (and maybe a few heat packs) and a lot of time. Want to get actual numbers for all of these, though. If nobody can spare all that, I'll probably try to get geared up and test everything late next week, hopefully on stable. :P

Oh, and if anybody has already done this, do please tell me. Don't wanna waste my time. :P

EDIT: WOBO got the figures for heat & cold, so, assuming those just add to the base numbers, I don't need to test those.

Edited by Beizs

Ok i dont know how they wanna fix this build until next week there is so much broken atm its realy bad.

I found a 1911 engraved with ammo put it in my backpack and then put another weapon in and the 1911disappeared.

Then i put a Full Attachable pouche in and its gone. But the worst thing happened when i found my first Mp5 i had 3 mags

and load the weapon but then i get chased by 2 guys and the ammo disappeared from the Mp5 and i coulden´t shoot at all.

Then i try to load the Gun but its not Possible and i cant change to another weapon no Melee or other gun the Mp5 just stuck in my hand.

I got killed like a Cow without a chance to do anything realy annoying.

Edit: I diden´t use the Hotbar at all so that coulden´t be the Reason for that.

Ouch, sorry to hear about these problems. Yes there are some odd things happening in experimental right now. To get anything stuck in your hand out, start to climb a ladder and it pops out at the bottom of the ladder. I found things in inventory wouldn't move within the same bag, but you can move it to another location and then back into that bag into the different spot you wanted to pick. Lots of little buggy things just take a little finagling to get around. 

• Like 1

The damn server just restarted and it swallowed both of my rabbit snares!!!  >:(

It seems like it's spring in the game. I was in between some big mountains down near a dried up creek and I noticed steam coming from my breath. Maybe it was the last cool spot. I think you can still run around naked and get cold, cause it's not summer yet. Ya I have full gear on and m65 jacket for a couple days, sprinting, sneaking with no problems.  By the way, thanks to everyone for the hints lately. I was able to find cargo pants in the two building garages, like the ones north of the tracks north of the nw airfield. I still have not seen a pair of military pants or a first aid kit in the last few days. 

I think that this is one of the reasons that we're going through water so quickly.

Yup, two or three times now. I love the message you get, "I caught... something."

<-- was digging for earthworms and found...tada...an "old rusty cooking pot"....

in .55 it was the easyest way to get an cooking pot (the loot broken first .55 where no pots spawned)... took one, max two shovels to find your pot..

Nice to remember that, first thought of me was WTF...i need worms..no pot....than lol..devs have the same humor then me  :)

• Like 2

Do you actually think that being able to "use" berry bush or an apple tree for as long as you want and create in the process, in theory, infinite amount of food, is a properly working mechanic?

Do you actually think anyone can sit in the open that long in the DayZ world without getting killed by another player or attracting the attention of a wandering zed?

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get back into my tent?

Everything was working fine, then the server restarted. I logged back in and I grabbed some pumpkin out of my tent, since I was going to go out on patrol. As I was leaving, I was unable to close the tent flap. I was able to get the prompt to close it, but the flap would not close.

So I went out on patrol. I found a pair of cargo pants and a V3S. I went for a relaxing little drive in the country. I stopped by the well and filled my water bottles back up and then I headed back to camp.

When I got back to the tent, the flap was now closed and I was not able to get a prompt to open it. The only prompt that I can get is to close it. I logged out of the server and and then back on, but the tent flap is still Borked. I know all about getting attached and whatnot, but I need my shit!

Everything was working fine, then the server restarted. I logged back in and I grabbed some pumpkin out of my tent, since I was going to go out on patrol. As I was leaving, I was unable to close the tent flap. I was able to get the prompt to close it, but the flap would not close.

So I went out on patrol. I found a pair of cargo pants and a V3S. I went for a relaxing little drive in the country. I stopped by the well and filled my water bottles back up and then I headed back to camp.

When I got back to the tent, the flap was now closed and I was not able to get a prompt to open it. The only prompt that I can get is to close it. I logged out of the server and and then back on, but the tent flap is still Borked. I know all about getting attached and whatnot, but I need my shit!

Yep, had that happen, had to move out of the zone, was gone about 500 to 1000 yards for about 1 minute or so, came back, was open and enter-able.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm if the SVD can take a ghillie rifle wrap and if it's a heli only spawn?

Dunno about the wrap but I have found SVD's at places other than heli crashes,  try HMMWV's and guard shacks.  From what I have heard the SVD magazines only spawn at Heli Crashes.

I know all about getting attached and whatnot, but I need my shit!

Those have been broken since 0.54 I think, but it sounds like now they might be a different kind of broken  :huh: Perhaps it will be okay after a restart?

• Like 1

Do you actually think that being able to "use" berry bush or an apple tree for as long as you want and create in the process, in theory, infinite amount of food, is a properly working mechanic?

Should I just call it: abusing game mechanics?

Whether the mechanic is working correctly, or not, it turns out that the devs endorse and recommend that fresh spawns rely on apples and berrys, in order to get inland so that they can find loot.

• Like 2

Ok I'm going to go grab sticks from one specific spot, move away 10 yards and then craft it, when it disappears I will go back to where the bush was that I cut the sticks from, good idea!

Edit:  No luck, grabbed sticks from bushes, moved directly backwards 10 to 15 yards, crafted fireplace, placed on ground, vanished.  Went to the bush site(still on ground was the "felled" bush), nothing there.

Seems that it won't work with "sticks", probably because the item does not exist in the location of the bush, the item is generated after the bush object is interacted with.

Strange.

So far when things vanished on me, I log out and come back in and they are there again. I haven't tried that lately, because I haven't had anything vanish that I cared enough about to logout. :-O I guess I will try some making fireplaces testing tonight and see if I can't find an oak tree and an ashwood tree. Also, no I haven't seen any animals in the wild yet. Some cows on the coast but since I went inland I have only seen hobbits peeking at me from behind the bushes.

• Like 2

Quick note to whoever just killed me in Elektro...

If you're going to shoot fresh spawns with silenced weapons, at least be good enough to hit a completely stationary target (I was in the menu) in the head. I think you hit my hand the first time; I still had color.

Some people.

Edited by Beizs

Hop onto another server, move into position so you'll spawn inside the tent, and then relog into the tent server.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that you're having so many problems. I also decided to be a farmer today and I had quite the green thumb. I grew so many pumpkins, that I even left a couple of them at the local well.

Which building/tower killed you? 

well, that happen... i had bad luck with the crashes, i played roughtly 1h after this and didn't had any single problem/crash.

the tower (green mirrador) that killed me is on the left side of the north "bathroom" in pavlovo military base. first time i die from one of those, they yield good loot (backpacks/weapons/food/clothes) and nobody seems to loot them. take a loot a those, you'll be surprise (but with caution  ;) )

Ugh, "You are dead" getting out of a truck.  I hate that, first time it's happened to me in a long time too.  Didn't loose too much, had dumped my ruck by a tent out side of town and was driving up to get it when I came across a better truck.  RIP AK74 with Kashtan sight, goodbye kitted FNX ( I had stashed three mags for the FNX with my ruck so I got that going for me) and Smersh vest.  Typically I do better on the Bruce servers than the Nigel ones.

post-201285-0-62290900-1432325077_thumb.

Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga

It's vegan day for my wife, that means pizza for me.

Edited by Barnabus

Whether the mechanic is working correctly, or not, it turns out that the devs endorse and recommend that fresh spawns rely on apples and berrys, in order to get inland so that they can find loot.

It appears devteam and I have similar outlooks.

• Like 2

Gunga-what?

So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

• Like 6

Ugh, "You are dead" getting out of a truck.  I hate that, first time it's happened to me in a long time too.  Didn't loose too much, had dumped my ruck by a tent out side of town and was driving up to get it when I came across a better truck.  RIP AK74 with Kashtan sight, goodbye kitted FNX ( I had stashed three mags for the FNX with my ruck so I got that going for me) and Smersh vest.  Typically I do better on the Bruce servers than the Nigel ones.

Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga

It's vegan day for my wife, that means pizza for me.

I haven't had this happen yet, what the truck on a hill and moving a bit? Did you jump out fast right as you stopped? Was the engine on? I stop in a flat spot, shut down engine and notice the cab still moving a bit like a shaking. Once it settles down I get out.  I'll probably die by truck tonight.

Is 762.54mmR ammo rare?

Found 2 boxes, 1 5rd clip, and some loose rounds and I play allot.

Definitely rarer than stable and I haven't seen a single mosin. 

Is 762.54mmR ammo rare?

As far as I have seen, yes. I have 20 and dumped them in my tent cause I have no clue what uses it. Now..OH CRAP! As soon as I get home, I'm gonna run to my tent PANT PANT!!!