boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Yeah, I am doing pretty good too.  Must be time for a wipe and an update!

We generally don't get a wipe, until I set up a tent.

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean that the devs aren't screwing with me!  >:(

Someone reported that the devs dug an underwater moat around the island, so it's no longer possible to drive there.

You'd think that it'd be easier to have the truck's engine stall once it went in the water, but I guess they know best.

That will happen , but they must wait for the vehicle repairing mechanic to be put in , as of right now there's not even a placeholder mechanic for fixing trucks .

Can't wait to get out of work and play some dayz, today's rest day so I can go straight to playing without worrying about my health lol ... Many buds will burn tonight ... Oh and did I mention the next three days are finally my vacation ? Ya dayz for the next 72 hours .

Go to your steam window and click the "view" tab and then click "screenshots" find dayz in the drop box and hopefully you can find it , I would love to see a compass as a prize in cereal lol !! So awesome it's like Cracker Jack !

Yeah I know where to find them. Do you know how when you exit DayZ and a screenshot uploader window opens? Well I'm only getting an error message and none of my screenshots show up in the screenshot folder or in the view>screenshots page from the session. I even had a picture of the new fox that I killed but it's gone

As I mentioned, I have done this several times, i.e. hit trees/bushes along the coastline, then work my way inland. I have also done the exact opposite of this other times, and other times just randomized how I play. None of the times have I come out alive; This is solely due to starving to death and passing out/dying.

Don't give up! I have yet to starve in 4 play-throughs(.56). But, I feel pretty equipped to handle the loot system, I have always played the road less traveled way. My biggest advise would be to keep your options open as long as possible with the little room you have. This will allow you to choose either fishing, farming. Use forging as a safety net, getting to hunting takes more time. Go back for a item if necessary to compete either one. The most important item, I think (besides stone knife), is getting ashwood sticks. Always look for them, don't pass them up. Carry two. Rope would be my second most important.

My current character just left Cherno and already out of the hunger woods with fishing. I got lucky with a hunting backpack, rope, and a dead bambi for hook. I've had much worse times, struggling along to the center of the map, without luck. Living off apples and eventually killing livestock saved me then.

Edited by Coheed_IV

Here is the apple/berry foraging experiment I mentioned I was going to do earlier on 0.56 exp. :)

Edited by Ebrim

If that's the case then there should be a damaged hunting scope in this spoiler'd location on 1PP servers

in the deerhut between Rog and Msta, approximately 115/106, except Central 0-2 1PP server where I've already claimed it for my trumpet  :P  

That's what I noticed to on another location, but I think some have figured this out and already server hopped those locations gathering all they could.

That's what I noticed to on another location, but I think some have figured this out and already server hopped those locations gathering all they could.

I never did find one of those new hunting scopes yet but ill be damned if i didn't find another PU scope. XD

• Like 2

I had to eat every steak from two goats to get from yellow hungry to bright green energized. There was a server reset 3/4 of the way through the goat, so when I got back on I had two steaks left. They had changed color back to the raw pink, but were still a bit warm from cooking. I ate them that way for science and did not get sick.

My beans to the guy a few pages back who taught me how to use a campfire. I'd been putting the fuel in the fire's inventory, then building a new one when it died. You get like 1.2 steaks cooked that way per fire. If you're fast.

• Like 2

Monday I think .... But I'm gonna join you guys in this , we have to get to the bottom of ... this . I'm gonna start a new 3PP though , my 1PP guy is for adventuring with my friend :) !

just did the same to see if there was a loot problem in 3PP. i spawned in dubky  and looted a little bit around this area but nothing interesting other than a fishing hook. runned to kozlovka at full sprint all the time, picking berries when needed. i ended in the military base of pavlovo after visiting all deer stands and mirradors in my way. here is my gear after a 2h session :

150521040039608333.jpg

150521040040143871.jpg

not bad right ? most obvious places ant compact loot zone were empty or full of garbage, but almost all isolated area contained loot, and the village between kozlovka and pavlovo was yielding some decent loot. some deer stand have been ignored (free scopes !) and nobody seem to know that mirradors drop some nice gear (you can see on the background a bakpack, a trumpet and a winchester in one of them).

so it's definitely playable (far more than just playable considering my experience), not much food but everything you need to farm or hunt if you visit isolated locations, and some very good weapons too !

Edited by Zboub le météor
  • Like 1

I had to eat every steak from two goats to get from yellow hungry to bright green energized. There was a server reset 3/4 of the way through the goat, so when I got back on I had two steaks left. They had changed color back to the raw pink, but were still a bit warm from cooking. I ate them that way for science and did not get sick.

My beans to the guy a few pages back who taught me how to use a campfire. I'd been putting the fuel in the fire's inventory, then building a new one when it died. You get like 1.2 steaks cooked that way per fire. If you're fast.

The consumption of food and the depletion of nutrients shouldn't be so extreme though. Eating just half of a steak, chicken, or whatever meat you find should be more than enough to hold you over for awhile. Hopefully they balance it a little more although i think the reason we deplete water and food so fast is for testing purposes. All i know is if i were to consume that much food and water in real life i wouldn't have to worry about anything for about 6 hours or more.

I never did find one of those new hunting scopes yet but ill be damned if i didn't find another PU scope. XD

Kashtan scopes are in and should fit your 74, they will not fit on the 74U however.  I have been finding them on the steps of the buildings infront of the military bases.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

We generally don't get a wipe, until I set up a tent.

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean that the devs aren't screwing with me!  > :(

Well, I have two tents set up already and just found a third.

I did anyway, that was on US SW 02 which just shit the bed.

Edited by Barnabus

I'm on Us east 0-1 3PP which just restarted, but i am currently taking the Ebrim Endurance Test ™ to find out if surviving " just aint fo' humans no mo' ", or to see if mother nature shouldn't have messed with its most perfect creation... I think i know the victor can you say the same vaegirs? I already have apples and a nice well i found in pusta has brought me up to hydrated but i am still hungry working on that now, headed to Msta via the Rog Roads...

• Like 1

Now, as for the rest of us who can maintain a civil tone; Would not looking for apples/berries, use up more calories, than an apple/berries would give me? Thusly, it would not matter if I were to do such? Least, from what I recall.

Your obviously doing something wrong then. I spawned at Chernogorsk and ate myself stuffed (orange) with apples. I ran to Dubky searched some cars and picked some apples because my stuffed was green again. I didn't had much luck though 30 times I have not found a thing so I thought never mind. Keep in mind I was still dark green energized from the moment I left Chernogorsk. Next I went to the nameless town in front of Nadezhdino and looted it very carefully (checking every corner, etc.). Then I headed to Nadezhdino and looted it also very carefully. I guess 2 to 3 hours had passed and I still was dark green energized.

In conclusion, there is no way your character can die of starvation as soon as you have picked a apple and are still picking it. Keep in mind that when you stand still it even takes longer to burn calories. I've conducted a little test a few days ago at stable with the dehydration. I could jog 8 to 9 minutes which made me go light green hydrated to dark green hydrated. After that I wanted to test how the dehydration was when standing still. When I was sick of waiting after 20 minutes I helped my dehydration a bit with some powdered milk. As my calucation were correct it would take around 1 hour and 30 minutes to use 500 ml of water (light green to dark green). Imagine how long you could stand still without having to eat as I can jog 2 to 3 hours and still be dark green energized.

But I managed to die once when picking apples. But it was my fault, I started too late. I died when eating my first apple, bad luck right? :D

Edited by IMT

Anyone know if apples/berries are going to be able to be stacked or are they going to take up 1 inventory slot each?

Kashtan scopes are in and should fit your 74, they will not fit on the 74U however.  I have been finding them on the steps of the buildings infront of the military bases.

Check DE 0-2 (first person server though). Left one in a military tent set up at Nadezdhino.

Anyone know if apples/berries are going to be able to be stacked or are they going to take up 1 inventory slot each?

I hope not. Then the apples/berries would get way too overpowered.

Well, then my only conclusion is that the devs have by mistake created the first real A.I. capable of feeling emotion and it has expressed that emotion by deciding to hate you and punishing you at every turn while leaving the rest of us unmolested. :( I'd suggest uninstalling before the A.I. takes control of the heat in your home or learns to use the phone to call a hit squad. Good luck friend and stay safe.

This made me lol. Thank you, sir. If he's doing everything properly, as he claims, what else could it be?

Does anyone else feel that this next stable branch will be a noteworthy milestone in dayz's development? Assuming that CLE makes life as difficult as it has in exp. I'm finally considering the placement of a semi permanent camp where I can store food and supplies for my less involved (read obsessed) friends.

I had two buddies that play rarely give exp a whirl the other day. They starved to death and switched games out of frustration. Now, more than ever before, a camp hidden in the South or East of the map can be a literal life saver.

The priority is shifting from PVP supplies (assault rifles and boxes full of ammunition) to basic survival gear like rope and friggen metal wire. It would appear that the dayz of grabbing an AKM from veresnik and charging back to the coast for some cheap pvp are coming to an end. Really excited :)

I see shrub on this server :P lol I thought he was gone !! I just had a friendly encounter as well with a cool guy named canth, I ran up to him and asked if he needed food , I dropped a chicken breast for him but he said he was fortunate enough to not need it ... So I took my chicken back with pride , knowing that canth didn't want my meat lol .... I still need to find a real knife to harvest some bark so ican make a fire though ... Anyone on us 0-1 3PP hit me up so we can make a BBQ I'll bring the chicken !

Odin Lowe your on the same server as me! XD

You stalker! XD

• Like 2

Devs should give us dedicated exp server, for us hardcore experimental explorers.

I've seen a bunch of survival tips here, but as a contrast to all the apple-picking suggestions I want to say few words about me previous survival attempts on .56:

I haven't died from starvation a single time.

I haven't spent any time picking berries or apples. I find those activities utterly boring. If a time will come that 20mins of using a apple tree will be needed to survive, I will quit.

I haven't seen a single animal in .56 so that should give you an idea how much hunting I've done.

I haven't bothered with fishing either.

No rabbit snares used, no fish traps.

I sprint all the time. If someone tells you to start walking everywhere - that person has too much free time.

Just be time efficient and try to think outside of the box.

Check the building with closed doors first - yeah, it still works.

Check all the places that majority of morons ignore. Deerstands, any shitty building that is sitting alone in the wild and is far from the main road.

Elektro spawn doesn't mean - time to check all the buildings. The are plenty of them, so maybe someone missed some loot. Elektro spawn means - time to gtfo.

If you don't feel like walking long distance and spamming use on trees - there is still hope for you.

• Like 1

I'm curious about people's apple/berry picking technique..how do you do it?

I... search each tree twice, once kneeling, once standing and then move to the next whether i find anything or not.  (I find something 1 in 5 I'd guess. I have no reason for this method apart from it seems logical to me!)

Are exp. servers down again?

I'm doing fine on DE 0-2, I'm bright green energized and hydrated for about a day now but not getting the healing/healthy status, not sure what's that about.

The consumption of food and the depletion of nutrients shouldn't be so extreme though. Eating just half of a steak, chicken, or whatever meat you find should be more than enough to hold you over for awhile. Hopefully they balance it a little more although i think the reason we deplete water and food so fast is for testing purposes. All i know is if i were to consume that much food and water in real life i wouldn't have to worry about anything for about 6 hours or more.

Agreed. I have the distinct feeling that they are testing / gathering data on this, at the very least. That, or perhaps it's a side effect of accelerated time. Has anyone been paying attention to server time? I generally don't look at the time when I hop off, so I don't know if the elapsed time is still 1:1 on all of these servers.

It used to be that once my status indicators were all lime green, it was relatively easy to get the stuffed indicator and that status would linger longer than it currently does. Now, I seem to be drinking a full water bottle every fifteen minutes, or so and I don't ever sprint anywhere. I need to time this, to see if it is just a mis-perception.