boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Expect they will remove zombies in next stable patch : quoted from stats report

"As the programming team moves ahead on investigating infected costs on server side performance, we'll be disabling infected spawning on stable branch servers (post-stable update)to ensure the highest quality of gameplay on that branch."  what a mess, what gameplay quality if there are no infected ? a typical TDM game, I can understand if it's in Exp but on stable ! .

I would have preferred to wait with the stable till zombies are back as well. 75 players+ , no zombies will no doubt reattract all the Call of Duty kids again, which have just left the game. The Steam Forum will be illegible for this reason for weeks to come then. And the survival style - well - looses its merit. You go grow pumpkins and then ... what

• Like 2

i got to experience the new infected ai in a exp build before the servers stopped the other night.

the differences between the infected builds are as dramatic as the loot system.

missing the ole infected for a month.. will be worth the wait.

the new infected ai for anyone who has no idea or is not shaw of what the changes may be should go to... dayz tv.....they have a good w.i.p. vid showing the infected ai. * horde*

find it.... watch it... missing a month of ole infected for this new system is worth it... nuff said!

Could you supply a direct link? Didn't find anything.

fully agree, but THIS is what testing is about - a good exaple why we shouldn't expect an alpha to be a complete game. Beta would be a different matter, but yeah. We all knew it could come to that, some teenies aside.

Yeah I'm cool with it. Probably won't be playing any stable for a while though. Feel sorry for the devs and everyone associated with the game because we're going to see some crazy vitriol directed towards them for months about the 'zombieless zombie game' etc. Very brave decision imo. I'm impressed that they've bitten the bullet on this and the more I see of the devs/dayz team the more impressed I am. Hicks et al eat dink and sleep this game.

Has there been any confirmation on loot respawning in this experimental update?  It seems like items spawn in an area and then nothing respawns in that spot. Not finding anything until I hit the remotest parts in the north, and even then it's in hidden deer stands or up ladders etc....

Has there been any confirmation on loot respawning in this experimental update?  It seems like items spawn in an area and then nothing respawns in that spot. Not finding anything until I hit the remotest parts in the north, and even then it's in hidden deer stands or up ladders etc....

Yes, let me get that for you:

Loot is spawning, I just found an SVD at a HMMWV wreck I checked last night, I had already taken the shot gun from it so I was surprised to find this. 

• Like 1

Yes, let me get that for you:

Cool, thanks man. I'll need to get my search back on

Loot is spawning, I just found an SVD at a HMMWV wreck I checked last night, I had already taken the shot gun from it so I was surprised to find this. 

Loaded up experimental this morning to see the new changes.

searched Svetlojarsk and olsha before staving to death.

re spawned and searched Tulga Mista and staroye

- found nothing but books and helmets 

changed server. same again.

i'm all for hardcore but you need to find at least some basic survival tools

It seems alot of people tend to forget that this game is supposed to be hard. Your supposed to die of starvation from time to time. Finding no loot on occasion is the nature of the game. I mean fair enough if loot wasn't spawning, but if you read any of the pages on this forum, many people, myself included have managed to find decent gear by persisting/leaving the coast.

Granted its very disappointing that zeds wont be in the .56 stable (I myself would prefer buggy zeds rather than no zeds at all I.E dayz mod) however other than that, .56 is in my opinion an excellent step on the way to dayz becoming a hardcore survival game. The old system was so very easy.

PS is there any chance zeds will make 56 stable? EXP is good fun for testing, but without zeds it sort of feels like the hunger games Chernarus. Either way looking forward to it regardless.

Edited by 97ADU Doug
  • Like 1

Basic survival tools:

- Find rocky patch, make stone knife.

- Find ashwood tree, cut off a branch, it'll be useful later.

- Find oak tree, cut off some bark. Now at any moment you can make a fire drill kit with just a stick. Keep it as bark for now though as it takes up less space.

- Pick up one of those books, it's both kindling and fuel.

- Forage apples and berries to stay alive until you've left the highest traffic areas.

----------

You thus have limitless food, the ability to make fire, cook, cut bushes, and more with just the space in your jeans; you didn't even have to drop your flashlight. This is no guarantee that you'll survive but it's all you need.

• Like 9

Ok loot seems to be an issue at the moment.  I'm finding next to fuck all at the moment and have died several times from starvation.  I could pick apples and berries, but i would rather die than spend 20 mins plus playing the random finding generator that is fruit picking.  I wish they would sort this out and make it a better experience especially when making food more scarce than guns or so it seems.  If you added infected into the current situation it would be next to impossible to get any where in the game and cause a lot of frustration with the player base I would suspect. If you went through 2- 3 towns avoiding/ taking out agroed infected and found nothing for the effort you are going to wounder why you are playing the game. In my humble opinion for a game to be successful it has to have good progression and good balancing by the devs and this will go a long way to making this game a success. Lets hope they can see this.

Basic survival tools:

- Find rocky patch, make stone knife.

- Find ashwood tree, cut off a branch, it'll be useful later.

- Find oak tree, cut off some bark. Now at any moment you can make a fire drill kit with just a stick. Keep it as bark for now though as it takes up less space.

- Pick up one of those books, it's both kindling and fuel.

- Forage apples and berries to stay alive until you've left the highest traffic areas.

----------

You thus have limitless food, the ability to make fire, cook, cut bushes, and more with just the space in your jeans; you didn't even have to drop your flashlight. This is no guarantee that you'll survive but it's all you need.

This guy right here knows what's up. Too bad hunting with only a stone knife is too difficult  :lol:

• Like 5

Ok loot seems to be an issue at the moment.  I'm finding next to fuck all at the moment and have died several times from starvation.  I could pick apples and berries, but i would rather die than spend 20 mins plus playing the random finding generator that is fruit picking.  I wish they would sort this out and make it a better experience especially when making food more scarce than guns or so it seems.  If you added infected into the current situation it would be next to impossible to get any where in the game and cause a lot of frustration with the player base I would suspect. If you went through 2- 3 towns avoiding/ taking out agroed infected and found nothing for the effort you are going to wounder why you are playing the game. In my humble opinion for a game to be successful it has to have good progression and good balancing by the devs and this will go a long way to making this game a success. Lets hope they can see this.

No. Its a survival game, its supposed to be challenging. Its not supposed to cater to players in order to ensure that a wider audience will enjoy it. Dayz became a successful hit that has inspired many many games like it. It did this, not by "balancing" Or by "rewarding" players for their effort like other games have. It did it by standing out from the crowd and making a grueling experience that comes as close as it can to emulating a real zombie apocalypse. In point of fact, dayz became a successful game prospect years ago. Lets hope they don't lose sight of that. 

Edited by 97ADU Doug

This guy right here knows what's up. Too bad hunting with only a stone knife is too difficult  :lol:

Ha, you can get chickens with it. :D

I've also been guilty of chasing a cow into the church courtyard of Moglievka where it got stuck at which point I hacked at it with a mining pick - I imagine I could have used a stone knife too.

• Like 3

Official response:

Brian Hicks @Hicks_206

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 2

I can never find the f'ing chickens, once they scurry into the tall grass! >:(

I can never find the f'ing chickens, once they scurry into the tall grass! > :(

I must look ridiculous when I hear a chicken because I immediately stop and start head swiveling. I'll spend 5 minutes slowly walking around, trying to locate him by sound before I see him.

You need be dedicated about it, that's all.

• Like 3

uDklMKP.jpg     

jrpfUfR.jpg

wrS2qGW.jpg

All gathered on a non "fresh" server, with 1 KOS in process of gathering another tent.

Figured out the trick to rabbit snares.

Missing zed, but certain it'll be worth the wait.

Wish that wildlife / hunting game distribution was: a.) spread out more  b.) populating the forests and extreme remote areas more. Most of the remote areas feel sterile and lifeless right now, hope they fix that.

Really think this is a great update overall though.

Widow

(not sure if I have my image / spoiler tags right, if not, I will fix them in a minute if possible.

eta: nevermind, got 'em working on first go :)

Edited by =WIDOWMAKER=
  • Like 6

I've also been guilty of chasing a cow into the church courtyard of Moglievka where it got stuck at which point I hacked at it with a mining pick - I imagine I could have used a stone knife too.

Since animals were put in I've used the oldest trick in the book : run the animal towards a steep hill , he'll start to run down the hill but lose footing eventualy , tumbling the animal down into the Valley so you can easily gut it ;) honesty the coolest way to kill animals with no weapons !

Edit : I agree with the posters above me , where are the animals !! With zombies removed for now I think we NEED more animals ! The forests truly do feel LIFELESS :( !

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Oh that awkward moment when early in the life of a character you accidentally drink a whole gasoline can full of water...

After nearly dying of starvation after puking and binging on apples things are going better.

I cooked an apple over a fire to what I'm guessing is the first stage of cooking. Used it in my jacket to keep me warm until I tried eating it, no ill effects. :)

• Like 1

1. One of the minor reasons why we are lacking of loot is because items doesn't replace when you grab them from the ground. What i mean is, when you find, let say Ushanka and already got something on your head like cowboy hat, it will simply vanish when you replace it with ushanka.

2. Not sure if did something wrong but it looks like stuff in greenhouses doesn't grow.

No. Its a survival game, its supposed to be challenging. Its not supposed to cater to players in order to ensure that a wider audience will enjoy it. Dayz became a successful hit that has inspired many many games like it. It did this, not by "balancing" Or by "rewarding" players for their effort like other games have. It did it by standing out from the crowd and making a grueling experience that comes as close as it can to emulating a real zombie apocalypse. In point of fact, dayz became a successful game prospect years ago. Lets hope they don't lose sight of that. 

It's supposed to be challenging but there's also supposed to be loot near the spawn areas, every single experimental there is loot spawning issues, I spawned at vybor bridge, looted vybor, VMC, NWAF, kabanino and found a pair of boots, about 40 MP5 and PM73 mags at 1 BMP and a model 70. No clothing, no food, no tools.

Edited by a_ruttle