boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

time to kill my characters on stable branch !

Personally, I think I'll wait til Tuesday evening. Although, I have so much stuff that I may want to begin using it up now  :huh:

almost all geared person i saw where handeling MP5K with ACOG on it.

i still not found a single smersh vest sadly, highcap vest do the trick though.

There are green guard buildings at the entrances to Pavlovo military base.  You can't go in them but the steps in front spawn all sorts of stuff ATM.  These buildings are all over the map at various military and industrial locations, even down on the coast.  This is where I am finding Smersh vests.  Haven't seen them anywhere else in fact.

• Like 2

exp in ONLINE, same version

Edited by SpawnZ

More activity on SteamDB. Doubtful it's related to any of the server downtimes today, but it looks like they are possibly prepping another Experimental build.

• Like 4

You're mean

wasnt trying to be mean may have came out that way though, today hasnt been very good.

had a rough night with my mother last night about my grades (4A's 1B and a high F in chemistry because i simply cannot grasp its concept) I walked out the door this morning and got stung by a wasp halfway to my truck. I got in my truck and went to school and during my 1st block (welding class) i was using a grinder and it slipped and it wasnt running so i tried to catch it and when i grasped the handle it turned on and caught my ring finger on my left hand and tore it up. So today hasnt been my day.

Maybe when i get home in 2 hours there will be a new exp build to explore and take my mind off the day....

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Personally, I think I'll wait til Tuesday evening. Although, I have so much stuff that I may want to begin using it up now  :huh:

do you mean next Tuesday?

wasnt trying to be mean may have came out that way though, today hasnt been very good.

had a rough night with my mother last night about my grades (4A's 1B and a high F in chemistry because i simply cannot grasp its concept) I walked out the door this morning and got stung by a wasp halfway to my truck. I got in my truck and went to school and during my 1st block (welding class) i was using a grinder and it slipped and it wasnt running so i tried to catch it and when i grasped the handle it turned on and caught my ring finger on my left hand and tore it up. So today hasnt been my day.

Maybe when i get home in 2 hours there will be a new exp build to explore and take my mind off the day....

Damn man that's rough if it makes you feel any better my day has been shitty as well. <_<  Let us all hope for a new exp build to take our minds off things.  B)

• Like 1

do you mean next Tuesday?

The 19th, yes.

Do items respawn? Or nothing respawns at all, unless someone exploits and creates loot "explosion" ?

Do items respawn? Or nothing respawns at all, unless someone exploits and creates loot "explosion" ?

I had not seen any evidence of item or infected respawn on this last build.

• Like 3

I have absolutely no idea how long it takes for items to respawn so I'm not sure if we can reliably answer that. 

Lootsplosions were the result of exploitation? I thought they were bugs!

• Like 2

Good question. I feel like respawning must be happening, I doubt all places I go where there is stuff nobody has been before - particularly as I find lots of food items that most people would take. That said, I haven't specifically tested it so I can't say for sure.

• Like 1

seems that items respawn, but way slower than items are picked up.

i made a little trip to the prison island and it look like devs have created a canyon in front of the island, i don't think it was there before. it almost cercle all the island, making submarine truck ride unhelpfull. sadly crossing that canyon is very difficult, i found myself stuck many times while trying to cross it by regular swimming.

150513093740576771.jpg

i messed up a little with the barrel (which contained all my food, matches, can opener in the pouches), a finally lost it... and after a 10 minutes search and a restart of the server, found it back (gods of dayz are with me !)

150513093740711061.jpg

• Like 3

Don't know if it's a new thing or something people have spotted, but I got a new status effect pop up today after I ran off a too high drop.. It came up with the usual, my leg hurts, my feet hurt and when I went into the inventory it had an orange "chipped bone" status.. I took painkillers and changed shoes and the messages stopped but the status remains. I don't appear to be any slower but who knows how it will affect it. After a while the messages came back so took more painkillers.. Maybe I just have to manage it til it heals up of its own accord?

Other than the lack of zombies I am really liking this build.. Found my first landmine today which I placed in the middle of a random main road, though it was way up North so I doubt anyone would have triggered it!

Found a few bits and pieces, various parts for guns etc.. I am yet to find a SVD or VSS (Although I assume these are heli crash only?) so I have been running round with the Trumpet and exploring and seeing what I can find.. Food and drink was scarce early on but as I made it to Novy Sobor then headed North from there I found more than enough supplies in the various areas (Grishino inparticular though I didn't mean to end up there!).. 

Only problems I have had are that I don't appear to be able to drop anything I put into the hot bar.. So I had binoculars, compass, trumpet and pickaxe in the hot bar.. None of those items can be moved in my inventory or dropped at all.. I can still use them as long as I don't remove them from the hotbar, but the binoculars I did move to change the order and now I can not put them back on the bar or manually take them into hands... Very annoying!

I hope this is just the static layer of loot spawning and that there will some dynamic loot spawning layered on top of that. Because if I were to ask what house do you guys go to when you need to find clothing, I'm sure that most of us would have the same answer. Where do you go to find scopes? Again, most of us will come up with the same answer. This is the route to take if you want looting to feel stale after a very short while. There should be no best house to find clothes, all houses should be a good place to find clothes. I do agree with logical weighting on where stuff spawns and for the most part that is starting to take shape, but as long as they continue to make "best chance at this" and "best chance at that" loot locales, especially on general items, looting will become a stale in no time.

• Like 1

I think it is and here is why.  I was at a police car last night, some stuff but nothing too interesting, only one weapon and that was a trumpet.  This morning there was the trumpet still there and now a RAK had appeared.  HOWEVER, it is possible that the RAK was there last night and that the police car had re-spawned on top of it since they move a little at every restart, BUT, I don't think that was the case since I did see the boots the were right next to it.  Also, I found and took pouches for the Plate Carrier last night and then found them again in the same location this morning.

Items sure as hell are De-spawning.  The pot I had stored my chicken breasts and berries in last night was gone when I got back to my camp fire, tripod and the rest were still there.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Don't know if it's a new thing or something people have spotted, but I got a new status effect pop up today after I ran off a too high drop.. It came up with the usual, my leg hurts, my feet hurt and when I went into the inventory it had an orange "chipped bone" status.. I took painkillers and changed shoes and the messages stopped but the status remains. I don't appear to be any slower but who knows how it will affect it. After a while the messages came back so took more painkillers.. Maybe I just have to manage it til it heals up of its own accord?

Use a splint and it will go away.

• Like 1

I think it is and here is why.  I was at a police car last night, some stuff but nothing too interesting, only one weapon and that was a trumpet.  This morning there was the trumpet still there and now a RAK had appeared.  HOWEVER, it is possible that the RAK was there last night and that the police car had re-spawned on top of it since they move a little at every restart, BUT, I don't think that was the case since I did see the boots the were right next to it.  Also, I found and took pouches for the Plate Carrier last night and then found them again in the same location this morning.

Items sure as hell are De-spawning.  The pot I had stored my chicken breasts and berries in last night was gone when I got back to my camp fire, tripod and the rest were still there.

The cooking pot disappearing while the tripod and the rest is still there, was already a bug in 0.55 as it happened to me quite a few times.

is loot explosion an exploit ? from what i saw ingame, it is usually a place with HUGE amount of loot in piles. when people see that, they put thing into containers so they can search and eventually find interesting loot under the piles.

i did that too myself, it does not make item respawn more than it would have (or at least i never withnessed it), it allow you to see what is under the piles. does it make things worse ? when loot xplosions happen, server usually crash often. is it because of loot explosion or people puting stuff inside stuff to have a clear view of what is on the floor ?

ps : nice post #666 barnabus, loot explosion is evil ! iif you want a plate carrier, take a look at the prison island, it's filled with TTSKO gear and plate/UK vest. the holster is a bitch to find sadly, i found one before the exp wipe, it was in a "medium" (according to dayz map), you know, the sheds that comes often by two where you can find hard hats, sledgehammer and soda.

• Like 1

I expect that your latency must be an absolute hell! 

Last night I didn't see any server crashes. I was getting messages at both fifteen minutes before and five minutes before a restart. When I see the fifteen minute warning I make a plan. When I see the five minute message, I get the hell off, as soon as possible.

To which servers do you generally get the best connection?

Yeah, I usually get my best performance on servers in Australia or Singapore.  Wish there were some servers in Japan or Korea since they are a bit closer.  I have tried west coast USA servers since it shows a much lower ping BUT I have a feeling the pipe going that way has way too much bandwidth being sucked out of it.  Night is the worst and if Windows is trying to update or if I leave a browser open with face book, well, forget about it, FPS spikes between 0-16 are not uncommon.

Lootsplosions were the result of exploitation? I thought they were bugs!

Sadly yes. At first it might have been by accident, like the duping glitch, but it became apparent some players learned to re-create it and exploit it on various servers.

We recently had problems on a private hive I play on with some players creating the loot explosion on various locations. I won't state how it's done, nor on what private server we had this problem as this is a very delicate subject. IMO, every exploit should be bannable. (We already banned players caught duping.)

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAHAHA  Some jackass named Admin just got a Global Ban on Aus/NZ 1 from BE.  I love it!!

• Like 1

Other things!

- Cooking on a stick over a fire is amazing. It's seriously rewarding as a lone survivor chilling out at night cooking a fish fillet over a fire and under the moon.

What type of stick are you using I tried a sharpened stick and a regular stick. Unfortunately I did not have another ashwood one handy nor any ax, hatchet, saw to get one either.