Bigbadchuck

I miss my dot

The new crosshairs thing is ok bit the dot was better. I'd be good with it if the crosshairs were a little more visable. Are the devs trying to get us away from hip firing? I love everything else about the new update.

The new crosshairs thing is ok bit the dot was better. I'd be good with it if the crosshairs were a little more visable. Are the devs trying to get us away from hip firing? I love everything else about the new update.

I don't like the new crosshairs. I think it's more useful for 'hipfire' when you're moving, out of breath or using shotguns, which happens to cover many situations in which one would shoot without aiming down sights. I would prefer if it stayed still in the center of the screen whether you raised your weapon or not.

I like the new crosshair over the dot.

That being said I wish they got rid of the crosshairs all together and added some forced free aim.

Make hipfire unreliable and hard for anything past 10 feet.

• Like 4

I hated it when it first arrived on experimental as a full circle but I like it as it is now. I would've prefered to have the old dot ideally but I think they had to change it. I never experienced the exp build where people were complaining that the dot was moving with breathing but I think the new cross hairs allow them to average out that movement in a larger area and so get rid of the breathing jitter that was noticeable with the dot.

I like the new crosshairs too. Although I have a dot painted on my screen for use in another game so that helps.

The dot never bothered me. I find it hard to see the new one and struggle hitting difficult loot not in tab and the ladders. If they make it brighter then we are back to it being a distraction again.

Never mind. Just figured out a nice hack. Just put a smal white dot where my pso1 is aiming at 200m with a grease pencil. It wipes away clean from my screen

I'd rather no HUD at all.

Just give items a bigger "pickup" window when you're looking at them.

The dot was better than what we've got now, though. But I distinctly remember the developers (probably during the Rocket era) saying the dot would be tossed out entirely.

• Like 1

Well generally I don't like crosshair in this game but at least it's better than the dot. I always confused it on something/someone esle.

in the wrong lighting the new crosshairs are almost invisible, making picking some objects up a real pain in the ass.  you can't just scoop things up quickly with a zombie 6 steps behind you.

I'd prefer no crosshairs at all.

• Like 2

in the wrong lighting the new crosshairs are almost invisible, making picking some objects up a real pain in the ass.  you can't just scoop things up quickly with a zombie 6 steps behind you.

that's what I like about it. I find I can generally see it indoors but out doors when I'm running it's not that intrusive.

I think, by release, we'll have an opacity setting. 

Edited by freethink

i do not miss that dot at all i absolutely love the new icons for hip fire and picking stuff up. can't wait to see the UI changes. the game is changing some are drastic folks will have to change playstyles and adapt to new things its an exciting time to be playing. this update for me atleast is one i have been waiting on for a long time forced persistence and stealth once both of these things get fixed and adjusted this game is gonna be solid gold. i for one am sick of the whole this house spawns this crap i like having to search everywhere and having luck be a deciding factor on what you find as it would be a factor in a RL scenario.

I'd prefer no crosshairs at all.

i'd go for that anything that makes the game harder or more authentic is a plus in my book

I like the new crosshair(s). It has somehow changed how the game feels, and that is for the better in my opinion. I feel like after this patch, the game's starting to feel more "fresh" in a way. And I think that that has, somehow something to do with the more stylish crosshair. I for one think that this whole update has changed DayZ for the better!

• Like 1

Never mind. Just figured out a nice hack. Just put a smal white dot where my pso1 is aiming at 200m with a grease pencil. It wipes away clean from my screen

really you do that you can't hit things unless you draw on your screen that's sad bro. I remember folks doing that in COD to quick scope do you do that too i sound hateful and i apologize i really just find it weird the length folks go to supposedly get an edge or be good at a game that you can't ever win. ican't wait to tell my buddies this they'll get a good laugh and face palm.

i'd go for that anything that makes the game harder or more authentic is a plus in my book

feel free to play with a burlap sack over your head then.  the rest of us don't wanna have to mouse around for 5 seconds to 'see' something right in front of us.

really you do that you can't hit things unless you draw on your screen that's sad bro. I remember folks doing that in COD to quick scope do you do that too i sound hateful and i apologize i really just find it weird the length folks go to supposedly get an edge or be good at a game that you can't ever win. ican't wait to tell my buddies this they'll get a good laugh and face palm.

Yea man I'm glad your so hard core. I like a dot, makes it much easier for me. You sound like the person who plays in his underwear with a stick because it's so much more difficult. Somehow when I read your post I picture you as the guy on the South Park episode about world of Warcraft that Stan Kyle and cart man were fighting against.

Not to sound mean or anything.

Yea that's why we need force free aim like in red orchestra 2 so simply drawing a dot on the screen is not viable

• Like 1

less intrusive

Very less. There's no glaring dot staring me in the face no matter what. Much an improvement.

Anyone who says the dot was better is smoking crack.

I'm smoking crack and i prefer the new one.....just jocking......i prefer the old one.......no seriously, i don't smoke crack and i love almost everyrhing about the new patch, apart from zombies that always ruin my shoes. ;)

I prefer the new crosshair - though I suppose it isn't really a crosshair.

I don't like that it move with the weapon, though. Hipfire should be far more difficult than it is. Having it disappear when raising a weapon would work, especially if coupled with the aiming deadzone/ free aim found in Red Orchestra.