Sign in to follow this  
HarryPotter (DayZ)

FFFOOOODDDDD

Reports coming in suggest that commodity prices of cereal and rice have reached a new high over the Easter period...

In Chernarus, all fresh food has been removed from circulation in an effort by the Free Hunger Development Council to encourage local citizens to revert to traditional Farming practices.

Hunting and fishing is also being encouraged, although the lack of wild life in the exploitable regions is known to be less than ample, however the  Free Hunger Development Council insists that there is "enough natural resources to satisfy the peoples need", something that many of the younger generation refuse to accept and have reverted to extreme  acts of rebellion and social disobedience.

Boneboys for CBC, Stary Sobor...

• Like 7

As I belong to older generation I wouldn't mind to try fishing or farming, but I can't find tools for it. No hooks or rope for fishing... no pickaxes, shovels or garden lime for farming. No axes to cut wood, no pans or pots to cook, and especially no weapons for hunting. And I haven't seen a hunting knife since 0.55. Well now I haven't seen any kind of knives, just couple of thermometers and books in about hundred houses and flats I checked today.

Couple days ago I found a backpack which I could tell belonged to a cannibal sniper, as there were lots of of 7.62x54R ammo and human steaks. Times are hard for bandit snipers too.

One thing I learned it really takes a lot of berry picking and apple picking to satisfy ones hunger. About the same energy is wasted as you get trying to find these fruits.

Edited by Herkyl Puuro

It's because you never lost faith. 

As I belong to older generation I wouldn't mind to try fishing or farming, but I can't find tools for it. No hooks or rope for fishing... no pickaxes, shovels or garden lime for farming. No axes to cut wood, no pans or pots to cook, and especially no weapons for hunting. And I haven't seen a hunting knife since 0.55. Well now I haven't seen any kind of knives, just couple of thermometers and books in about hundred houses and flats I checked today.

Couple days ago I found a backpack which I could tell belonged to a cannibal sniper, as there were lots of of 7.62x54R ammo and human steaks. Times are hard for bandit snipers too.

One thing I learned it really takes a lot of berry picking and apple picking to satisfy ones hunger. About the same energy is wasted as you get trying to find these fruits.

I tried fishing after a server restart wiped out my 3 tent camp with many gardens and an over abundance of pumpkins and tomatoes. You cannot cut up the fish with any knife. I know you could before, so it's bugged. Fishing is literally useless at the moment, just a heads up so you don't spend hours searching for hooks, worms and ashwood sticks.

Edited by anderswhk

I tried fishing after a server restart wiped out my 3 tent camp with many gardens and an over abundance of pumpkins and tomatoes. You cannot cut up the fish with any knife. I know you could before, so it's bugged. Fishing is literally useless at the moment, just a heads up so you don't spend hours searching for hooks, worms and ashwood sticks.

And eat all the meat raw since fireplaces are broken and there are no matches.

Better stick to apple picking.

Reports coming in suggest that commodity prices of cereal and rice have reached a new high over the Easter period...

In Chernarus, all fresh food has been removed from circulation in an effort by the Free Hunger Development Council to encourage local citizens to revert to traditional Farming practices.

Hunting and fishing is also being encouraged, although the lack of wild life in the exploitable regions is known to be less than ample, however the  Free Hunger Development Council insists that there is "enough natural resources to satisfy the peoples need", something that many of the younger generation refuse to accept and have reverted to extreme  acts of rebellion and social disobedience.

The hunting and fishing part fails because the matches are the rarest item in this game currently. Otherwise good :D

The hunting and fishing part fails because the matches are the rarest item in this game currently. Otherwise good :D

Road Flares !

• Like 1

Road Flares !

OK I haven't found them much either but I remember seeing at least some of them. I didn't remember that they don't need anything to ignite them.

And eat all the meat raw since fireplaces are broken and there are no matches.

Better stick to apple picking.

There are matches, they are just pretty rare. I have found them.

Speaking of rare, haven't seen a single zucchini or orange after the patch.

Whoever that killed me on the private is a rich fool with 3 boxes of pristine matches! lol

There are matches, they are just pretty rare. I have found them.

Speaking of rare, haven't seen a single zucchini or orange after the patch.

Yep, a lot of items are rare. It is a lot easier to find new shirts than to find a sewing kit to repair. Matches are indeed rare, and I am having a heck of a time finding shotgun shells. But I have found lots of shotguns. I might start trying to stack shotguns, and throwing them at enemies instead.

Road Flares !

Oh still doesn't help when we need to find a coocking pot at least. Just ruined all my cow steak that I spent most of my energy...

instead of putting tents in the open field near Elektro Power station, bandits can now place cereal boxes and rice lol 

• Like 1

But we need moar matches...

Ouch that hurts to loose a whole camp!

I tried another server and at least loot seems to be working there. Haven't seen any hooks though so haven't even tried fishing yet. Thanks for the heads up tho. Yup, I hope they release a hotfix soon just to fix the missing loot and also the fishing bug. 

When you want to stretch a word, you only need to add more vowels. Consonants can't be strechted :P

When you want to stretch a word, you only need to add more vowels. Consonants can't be strechted :P

I ve got a stutter AND I stretched it ;)

Got a couple of tips for yah, Herkyl:

1.) Get a stone knife and you can cut down bushes and gather ashwood sticks.  There are places of dense underbrush where you can search for sticks much like you search for stones.

2.) Guts can be used anywhere rope can be used (make a bow or fishing pole, improvised backpack, or tie someone up)

3.) Bones can be carved into fishing hooks with a knife.  Worms can be farmed for using a variety of tools.  Practically anything that can dig.  (Shovels, hoes, ice pick, etc.)

4.) If you know a server is restarting soon, go to an animal spawn.  Kill the animals, skin them using your stone knife, and wait till reset for more materials.

5.) Gardening lime isn't needed for farming, and is (IMO) more valuable for tanning leather.

6.) You can take your stone knife to anything that you can farm to get seeds (tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, etc).  Potatoes are planted whole.

7.) Berries and apples are a last-ditch effort to stay alive.  Yields are slow and they aren't very filling.

8.) Wells don't have cholera.  Use them to quench your thirst and top off your water sources when you can.  Don't be scared to drink into starving.

9.) Don't eat human meat.  Not even once.  That sniper you found was a fool.  Human meat gives you prion disease with a high rate of infection.  This causes your character to laugh and cry uncontrollably.  More importantly, and impactful, is that you twitch.  It starts out slow at first, but grows to the point of every couple seconds.  You can spot a cannibal this way since hte laughing and crying is often bugged or takes a while to present itself.

Also, there is an infinite food exploit/bug in the game.  Buddy told me about it.  Not sure how it works, but I do know that he has had the same can of peaches for a week now and that he likes putting his hands up before he eats.

Edited by Haven923
  • Like 1

Hey I was just at Stary!

There is a small family living in the two story green house across the street from the prison who are growing crops by the masses and selling them to the public.

They also can their own peaches.

Got a couple of tips for yah, Herkyl:

1.) Get a stone knife and you can cut down bushes and gather ashwood sticks.  There are places of dense underbrush where you can search for sticks much like you search for stones.

2.) Guts can be used anywhere rope can be used (make a bow or fishing pole, improvised backpack, or tie someone up)

3.) Bones can be carved into fishing hooks with a knife.  Worms can be farmed for using a variety of tools.  Practically anything that can dig.  (Shovels, hoes, ice pick, etc.)

4.) If you know a server is restarting soon, go to an animal spawn.  Kill the animals, skin them using your stone knife, and wait till reset for more materials.

5.) Gardening lime isn't needed for farming, and is (IMO) more valuable for tanning leather.

6.) You can take your stone knife to anything that you can farm to get seeds (tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, etc).  Potatoes are planted whole.

7.) Berries and apples are a last-ditch effort to stay alive.  Yields are slow and they aren't very filling.

8.) Wells don't have cholera.  Use them to quench your thirst and top off your water sources when you can.  Don't be scared to drink into starving.

9.) Don't eat human meat.  Not even once.  That sniper you found was a fool.  Human meat gives you prion disease with a high rate of infection.  This causes your character to laugh and cry uncontrollably.  More importantly, and impactful, is that you twitch.  It starts out slow at first, but grows to the point of every couple seconds.  You can spot a cannibal this way since hte laughing and crying is often bugged or takes a while to present itself.

Also, there is an infinite food exploit/bug in the game.  Buddy told me about it.  Not sure how it works, but I do know that he has had the same can of peaches for a week now and that he likes putting his hands up before he eats.

Thanks Haven, this is all good stuff. I'm going to start a new guy in a private server with currently no loot in it, and have a new operation with these survival tactics.

Funny about the human meat, I was too suspicious to try it when I found some, so I just threw it away to have more space in my backpack. With this information, looks like it was the right choice. 

• Like 1

Thanks Haven, this is all good stuff. I'm going to start a new guy in a private server with currently no loot in it, and have a new operation with these survival tactics.

Funny about the human meat, I was too suspicious to try it when I found some, so I just threw it away to have more space in my backpack. With this information, looks like it was the right choice. 

I actually made a typo in tip #8.  Don't be afraid to drink into stuffed.  Don't wanna be starving xD

I actually made a typo in tip #8.  Don't be afraid to drink into stuffed.  Don't wanna be starving xD

Lol yea man, makes more sense now )))

I seem to find about 1 bag of rice for every 3 towns I loot.. Even found peaches at the tent city (which was full of canned goods by the way).. Can openers are in out houses, purification tabs are in wooden sheds :)