Sign in to follow this  
Dunxel

Not all Servers are the same. (0.55)

First day on 0.55 the first two servers we play on..

Gear as far as the eye can see.  Stay anywhere on the shore you will die.
Go inland anywhere & you find just about anything.
Had so much crap just started experimenting with eating Cow guts & lard.. only to get sick & die.  :) FUN!

Next day.. One server had good loot.
Decided to try another and nothing.... picked 20+ apples went inland.  no loot. nothing.  Maybe a some shoes or some books.  Eat more apples.. go more inland..  half way into the map..  nothing.. just living off apples.

Try another server..  same thing.  spent a good 3 hours on each.  living off Apples.
Seriously couldn't find anything.

tried another server..  gave up once we got about as far as Polana.
Hey lets try another..  again..  except this time I spawned at Sminovo.. headed to Nagornoe.. nothing.

Holy SHEEET maybe this is why some people complain.

Went back to our first 2 servers from the first day of 0.55. CAUSE We Favorited them!
LOOT EVERYWHERE!!! ZOMG soo happy again!

So there you have.. super poor scientific research.   shows that some servers are awesome on loot & others are pure garbage waste of hours of time farming apples to survive.

PS: Who ever told my friends eating raw Cow meat is safe in this patch.... *FLIP BIRD*  all of us got sick.  :(

• Like 2

I hope you all dyed as slow and painful the cow you killed did.

Probably dyed a purple, or deep blue color...?

• Like 3

Im begining to think this is persistants as well. Some servers work some do. I do like the changes in .55. Its all part of the new loot system for better or worse too. I wish there was a way to make it work well across the board.

Their going to get I think. Its just going to take time. Its alpha.

I made a post about this in the 0.55 discussion too. It seems persistence is working on all private shards. Public servers get mixed reviews as some seem to work, some don't. I'm unfortunately on one that doesn't work. However, loot is quite plentyfull on this server. I mean it's definitely in weird places (outhouses, busstops), but there is a lot. I found the sword in a loghouse today ;)

I'd really like some clarity about persistance. The only way for me to test it is to get on a server, find a tent and wait for the next restart...

Obviously. But biggest complainers ended on no loot servers. Suck it up until 0.56, it will probably be fixed.

Obviously. But biggest complainers ended on no loot servers. Suck it up until 0.56, it will probably be fixed.

Yeah pretty much what i was pointing out in a nut shell.

Also the Persistence thing does not appear to be hard coded for all.

We had one of the better loot servers dump & scramble loot after every reboot.. which was every 4 hours. :(

We actually went so far as to put up a tent & fill it full of garbage junk..  it was gone. :(

The low/no loot servers we never really bothered.. i mean 3 hours of eating apples kinda wears on ya.

I would love to try the bullets in a fire thing.. but man Matches & Hand Flares are RARE.

Maybe someone should post the names of the good loot servers.

I have a geared guy on my favorite server, r/Underground (first person), and loot doesn't spawn well on it. He's just managing to survive because he has/had a shit ton of ammo and some luck blitzkrieging north.

But I'm running out of bullets, and can't even find a pot to cook meat in.
My 3rd person guy, (Welcome to The Jungle typically), is pretty fucked. Loot doesn't spawn well their either. I've already starved to death twice, once on that server, and once on another.
I'm going to try Fragnest/net(?), It's the only private shard one I remember. 

First day on 0.55 the first two servers we play on..

Gear as far as the eye can see.  Stay anywhere on the shore you will die.

Go inland anywhere & you find just about anything.

Had so much crap just started experimenting with eating Cow guts & lard.. only to get sick & die.   :) FUN!

Next day.. One server had good loot.

Decided to try another and nothing.... picked 20+ apples went inland.  no loot. nothing.  Maybe a some shoes or some books.  Eat more apples.. go more inland..  half way into the map..  nothing.. just living off apples.

Try another server..  same thing.  spent a good 3 hours on each.  living off Apples.

Seriously couldn't find anything.

tried another server..  gave up once we got about as far as Polana.

Hey lets try another..  again..  except this time I spawned at Sminovo.. headed to Nagornoe.. nothing.

Holy SHEEET maybe this is why some people complain.

Went back to our first 2 servers from the first day of 0.55. CAUSE We Favorited them!

LOOT EVERYWHERE!!! ZOMG soo happy again!

So there you have.. super poor scientific research.   shows that some servers are awesome on loot & others are pure garbage waste of hours of time farming apples to survive.

PS: Who ever told my friends eating raw Cow meat is safe in this patch.... *FLIP BIRD*  all of us got sick.   :(

the same lootbombs of orel unit gear and junk always come up at the same places actually

• Like 1

I have a server that I use and loot is insane inland. I found a mp5 with 3 or 4 30 round mags with Gorka clothing and everything in a prison, and the surrounding houses had ammunition, food, supplies.. INSANE. My friend had died and spawned a good hour from the coast. IT took him three to get decently geared so we could loot up and we returned to the spot where I hid his loot (backpack, vest, gun, clothes) and it was ALL there. This new update is pretty good if you pick the right servers. ;)

• Like 2

Confirmed.. Some servers are completely barron and some work just fine... All private servers mind you..

Aren't barren servers the whole reason the devs want people to server hop?  You know, can't find your precious m4 on one server, switch to another.  I'm 100% sure Rocket even stated this a while back

I've noticed that the private servers which have more loot than what 0.55 is supposed to have don't keep any items upon restart, This has lead me to the assumption that this is due to them resetting their persistence data.

I haven't managed to find a single private server which had no loot and I've been playing quite a few of them.
I've found many private servers which have less loot than 0.54 but I don't think I've actually starved to death yet.

I've noticed that the private servers which have more dispersed  what 0.55 is supposed to have don't keep any items upon restart, This has lead me to the assumption that this is due to them resetting their persistence data.

I haven't managed to find a single private server which had no loot and I've been playing quite a few of them.

I've found many private servers which have less loot than 0.54 but I don't think I've actually starved to death yet.

Private servers shouldn't be tied to the central loot economy.  They should have their own loot that's randomly dispersed otherwise it wouldn't make sense to have to change servers to find specific items.

• Like 1

Aren't barren servers the whole reason the devs want people to server hop?  You know, can't find your precious m4 on one server, switch to another.  I'm 100% sure Rocket even stated this a while back

seems vaguely familiar but i recall it was more along the lines of a certain server is rumored to have a guy with an alternator for a car or main shaft for a helicopter and i believe his intention was for people to get together and hunt this part down and take it back to there server 

Unless of course you were being sarcastic then yes you are 100% correct 

I have noticed something too in the last couple days. I played on one private server for a while where loot was very scarce, nothing on the coast, but noticeably more common as you made your way inland. Still exceedingly difficult to survive, but it was fun.

I then tried a different server that was preferable to me because it was 1st person only, also a private shard. This one had much more loot, far more around the coast. At first I attributed this difference to population, as the first server often had 50/50 players, and the 2nd one was more like 20-30/40.

But I later noticed that searching the same areas after a server restart on the 2nd server revealed that the items that were there before were disappearing and completely new piles of items were appearing. It was acting just like persistence was off before. I also eventually learned that V3Ss, tents, garden plots, traps, etc were all disappearing upon restarts, so it appears to be a classically "persistence: off" server.

But there is an important difference between these servers: on the first one I mentioned, when the server restarted I would see the usual "No message received for x seconds". On the 2nd server where persistence isn't working, that doesn't happen. Instead, for the scheduled server restarts, you are just instantly returned to the server list menu with a dialogue box saying "Session lost".

Now when I went to the 2nd server owners website ( http://victorygamerz.com/dayz-5-5-update-with-persistence-files/) I can see that they are against persistence, because they want their server to be friendly and people get unfriendly when it's too hard to find loot or some nonsense.

Is it possible the owners of this server are exploiting some different type of server reset to keep the server behaving like persistence is off?

Has anyone else noticed the "session lost" dialogue box instead of "no message received..." upon resets of servers with persistence issues?

I'm pretty sure I read today that they gave each server the choice to turn off persistence until it's working properly?

I found a tonne of stuff today. In fact I'd say it's too easy again!!!!!