billyangstadt

.55 loot, I'll just leave it at this.

With the drink i have it when i see it, but i grab a couple of PET bottles and a canteen, or 2 canteens and a bottle, then you find water purifying tabs and you can refill from a water hole, plus i drink at every well.

Food is another thing.

Not sure if i could get on the same server as you and have it work with me being in Aus, but id be quite happy to give you 4 or 5 cans and take you there and show you what i do.

Can you at least try to outline how you get the food first?

I've been playing and switching servers all week and I swear to god there is no gear any where at all. I occasionally see books or medical equipment but no clothes, weapons, food or kit. I really doubt I'm playing the same game as people here.

Edited by Sebidee

Alright, I'm convinced. The game is absolutely screwed and unplayable.

I'm no longer dying to get off work so I can log in finish looting the town I logged out in and get back to my tent full of food spare clothes an whatnot.

Oh an those impossible zombies the ones that I snuck around or kited out of town because I'm trying unarmed evasion. I must have just imagined that because they're too hard.

This "hatdcore survival" game is too hard, pls fix nao!

I'm beginning to thing the man is a troll

Talking about me?

I am actually playing now and there is some loot. Was there an update today?

Still no food though.

And loving the aggression guys, it's very mature.

Edited by Sebidee
  • Like 1

Talking about me?

I am actually playing now and there is some loot. Was there an update today?

Still no food though.

There was an update on Wednesday that fixed matches not spawning at all. There's a good chance that wasn't the only adjustment to the loot tables.

Im not being aggressive mate, but everyone has given you heaps of advise but you dont seem like you really want to take it on board.. anyway I dont want this to turn onto an argument as it will just get locked :)

• Like 2

Im not being aggressive mate, but everyone has given you heaps of advise but you dont seem like you really want to take it on board.. anyway I dont want this to turn onto an argument as it will just get locked :)

I don't know there's still time to get 2 locked in one day?

I think we just need to agree that anyone enjoying the changes in .55 is doing it wrong ;) 

Just agreeing to disagree would be ok...

I understand that people are annoyed that the game they bought and loved has changed BUT I dont get why they get so angry.... its just a game after all. Report things that are broken, dont start a thread slagging off that the game is this or that.... on the flip side those people who just say.. get over it or learn to play etc are just as bad and only bait those who are already angry. 

There is clearly something wrong at the moment as I found it pretty easy to gear up but some people are reporting NO gear at all on any server they play on. I suggest we list the servers we play on to see where the discrepancys are. For instance if I and Sebidee play on a server I have found a lot of gear on we will know if the difference is really down to his play style... I can do this tomorrow night 

I am taking it on board. I'm playing right now and doing ok actually. Filling up on apples like the few helpful people said and searching for deer stands. Kind of boring picking the apples but I'm not dying so quickly now.

I think the no loot servers was the problem. I wasn't lying when I said there was nothing. (Although 5 different servers in a row and 5 lives is pretty goddamn unlucky). Finding some stuff now and there does seem to be more as you go inland. Thanks for the advice whoever told me that (S3V3N?) Still a solid fuck you to every other person who called me a lazy COD 12 year old though.

Still annoyed over the broken servers too.

Hey look at that, some food too. Sweet. Tactical Bacon.

Edited by Sebidee
  • Like 1

Someone could be in desperate need of that shirt for storage. Just because it's not useful to you at that very time, does not mean it's useless or crap loot.

I was on a server that had slim pickings (1 item every dozen buildings type of slim :) ) though I already had a ton of stuff. While trying to find ammo I came across a guy in Novo who was starving and freezing with a hoody and a hoe. We chatted for a bit, I gave him a can of peaches and a plastic water bottle. I had just come across a quilted coat and ignored it because I was toasty warm but he was grateful when I lead him to it. Our interaction was friendly and helpful and all because he took the risk to cooperate.

Now, just about 30 minutes before that, a player shot at me from concealment while I was in Smirnovo. I fell unconscious but managed to wake up and flee before he could finish the job (either because he was low on ammo, didn't know if I had friends with me, or was dealing with infected).

Two very different types of encounters but both legitimate and engaging experiences. One guy got some of my loot because he was willing to cooperate, while the other guy almost got all of my gear because he saw an opportunity.

I think both of these guys were experiencing the DayZ that Dean wanted/wants to be built.  It's also the game that I want to play. 

Often when people, especially certain types of streamers, complain about loot they mean they are frustrated because they can't hop into combat.

• Like 3

I get why they're complaining they want the game dumbed down to a level they're accustomed to from playing other games.

I've seen in the same post I can't go 20 minutes without starving and checked the whole map, no loot. How the hell does that work?

In my 400 or so hours I haven't been in every building on the map yet.

Allot of these .55 is broken crowd keep saying is why can't we make it work for everyone and meet in the middle?

That is a simple question to answer, you can't.

I don't want easy, I don't want the middle, I want brutal and unforgiving.

My question is if you don't like the way the game is going why can't you go play a game that suits your playstyle and let this be the "anti game" it supposed to be?
  • Like 4

I get why they're complaining they want the game dumbed down to a level they're accustomed to from playing other games.

I've seen in the same post I can't go 20 minutes without starving and checked the whole map, no loot. How the hell does that work?

Allot of these .55 is broken crowd keep saying is why can't we make it work for everyone and meet in the middle?

My question is if you don't like the way the game is going why can't you go play a game that suits your playstyle and let this be the "anti game" it supposed to be?

because apparently paying for an alpha to support development to a lot of people equates to "I now have $29.99 worth of say in all design decisions so make the game i want!!!11"

In all fairness Im not a big fan of many choices they have made, and remain very outspoken about things i don't like but still, If you can't handle the concept that you bought a product that was never intended to be pick up and play, casual, or easy then maybe you need to learn to do some research before your purchases.

• Like 1

if you think this current loot system is fine and won't be fixed i can't help but laugh at you

i'll tell you one thing:

before 0.55 i have had 0 post on forum cause i prefer to play the game now this is my 11th post so instead of playing i am just waiting for new patch 0.56 with the hope of fixing looting and hunger system and if someone telling me "there is plenty to loot" try change server from your private to public where before 0.55 was playing 20 to 50 ppl and now there is just admin few of them after checking whole berezino yesterday i just jumped from the bulding cause  i was to bored to run to and throught for berries every 30 min

Edited by domelek

Our private server is broken, there are 145 loot items on the entire map according to Multiplay.

How is this loot system 'fine'?

I support the harder survivalist experience, but i think some people are concerned because loot spawning IS broken, not just because it is harder. Obviously some will moan at the new direction, tough for them.

and yes it is alpha, but paying £80 a month is becoming less appealing each day until fixed.

• Like 2

It most certainly isn't "working as intended" seeing how some buildings spawn a fuck ton of military loot and some police stations spawn like 10 MP5 and RAC magazines.

I wouldn't mind the lack of food issue if they would just fucking fix animals spawning already. The number of animals, especially in the woods where you'd expect them, is ridiculously low. And no, i'm not going to Berenzino to hunt cows. If they want us to survive out in the wilderness, then actually provide the things we need in order to do so.

I never complain about games. I play survivalist DayZ and my characters generally last for weeks if not months. 

Today I starved to death 3 times; and was killed by zombies once, very shortly before I'd have starved to death anyway. 

With one character I combed Solnichniy, Dolina, Shakhovka, Polana, Gorka, Dubrovka, Berezino and all the small places in between. That character found:

2 Magnums

2 Repeaters

1 Sporter

2 scopes

2 silencers

1 .22 Pistol

+Ammo and Miscellaneous  and Assorted Backpacks

As for food it found 1 Can of Beans and 1 Can of Tactical Bacon and a single PET bottle. Starved to death during that most annoying of all animations in existence: the motherfucking apple pick. 

If Ammo had been food, this character would have been feeding Ethiopia.

If I were a betting man I'd guess that the devs are chasing us inland because food becomes less scarce the further away from the coast I go. Now I need to test this theory before starving to death on the way; like the noble and insanely suicidal trout. Gwah! 

"i know ist Alpha but"

Welp...loot System will Change and be tweaked..was stated a gazzilion times.

Patience !!!!  instead of jumping the gun right now....

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

I have read some topics and some replies concerning the loot in 0.55.

A lot of people are stating that new players will not like or survive in the current state of the game. This is complete nonesense.

I'm quite a new player, been playing like 2 weeks now. I started around 0.55 and was also dissapointed at the beginning of the patch.

The zombies were mainly my problem but not anymore. Sure, sometimes I die because of a zombie but to be honest 1 zombie isn't a problem for me. You just need to know how to fight them. And as already a lot of people stated adept yourself to this new playstyle. Since I got to known the game a bit I didn't run into any problems concerning dehydration or starvation.

But I can tell you one thing. Everyone who is complaining doesn't understand how to play the game, can't adept to the changes or don't know how to survival. Most of these people are running towards the airfields, military bases, etc. That tactic is wrong, very wrong! The current loot system is much better. I admit that there must be a higher percentage that military loot spawns at these locations but the spawn timers or amount of loot which spawns there must be brought down.

Think about it logically, it all makes sense. There has been an apocalypse, the military is in cities trying to fight the zombies and protect their and other people's life. They get overwelhemd and hide in toilet shacks, garages, storage units, houses, etc. It makes sense that there will be military loot scattered all across the map. It wouldn't make sense if it only was at the airfields and military bases.

I will leave you guys with some tips but you should be ashamed that you need these from a beginner. When you are a newspawn search for apple trees or red berries to get the light green hydrated and energized status. If possible search for a waterpump and drink until hydrated, maybe even stuffed. After you are hydrated and energized you can roam some houses. But keep in mind, don't go even near the airfields, military bases and yes even the big cities. Everyone who complains that they can't survive will check there or be there. Of course they can't survive if they only check there. Stop looking for these freaking big guns like AK, M4, mosin, etc. Practice stealth and surviving naturally with hunting. If you don't know the location of animals look them up on the internet, for Christ sake. Craft a freaking bow (they may be still bugged at the moment though). It's the most stealth weapon in the game and if you know how to handle it you can kill zombies without aggroing other zombies. And if you aggro a zombie, stay still and aim for the head with your fists or better yet a weapon. If you run, you will be a dead guy. Find a bottle, canteen or alcohol tincure to put water in and always have 2 to 3 with you. I prefer bottles because they have the most volume so you need less canteens or alcohol tincure. And when you hit a town, check for a waterpump to fill them up and get hydrated there. Most of all search ALL houses and look EVERYWHERE, not only the usual places. Also check garages, cars, jeeps, toilet sheds, etc. Just look everywhere for loot and I guarantee that you will find loot. If there is not a lot of loot or even no loot then don't bother checking because someone has already been there. And if you want a weapon go for a improvised bow, trumpet or sporter 22 until you find a better weapon and have enough ammo. But remember, the better the weapon the higher the chance that you attract more zombies.

That's all there is, it isn't hard really. It isn't an apple simulator or farming simulator, just mix these things up a bit. This game can't get boring at all because there is so much to do! And if you really can't find any food just go to a big city or a place where a lot of players are and be stealthy and kill a player. Cut them up and take them as food and the food they have on them.

If you don't like this playstyle how I described it, I highly recommend searching another game. I believe and think that the intentions of this game are to rely on natural surviving. Craft your own gear, weapons, hunt your own food, etc. So I suggest that you learn how to survive naturally because you will be forced to more and more eventually. Better to do it now on a slow pace than doing it in a fast pace later on.

So for everyone who is bitching about the loot: stop bitching! I'm a beginner and I can survive easily. If you are playing this game a long time already and can't survive then you should be ashamed right now because that will make you even a bigger beginner than me.

Hope you guys will use these tips and stop complaining because this is not necessary. By the way, read the changelog, the wikipedia for DayZ and tips instead of playing. This helped me a lot to get to the point where I'm currently at.

Happy stealth hunting and surviving naturally!

• Like 2

Hey 7 days to die could be it. You can configure it to be really hard or really easy.

I'm going to have to get into DayZ tonight and see just how "hard" the game is now.

"i know ist Alpha but"

Welp...loot System will Change and be tweaked..was stated a gazzilion times.

Patience !!!!  instead of jumping the gun right now....

LOL it's not like people have to play the game. Fuck these addicts! They cause no end of issues.

I have read some topics and some replies concerning the loot in 0.55.

A lot of people are stating that new players will not like or survive in the current state of the game. This is complete nonesense.

I'm quite a new player, been playing like 2 weeks now. I started around 0.55 and was also dissapointed at the beginning of the patch.

The zombies were mainly my problem but not anymore. Sure, sometimes I die because of a zombie but to be honest 1 zombie isn't a problem for me. You just need to know how to fight them. And as already a lot of people stated adept yourself to this new playstyle. Since I got to known the game a bit I didn't run into any problems concerning dehydration or starvation.

But I can tell you one thing. Everyone who is complaining doesn't understand how to play the game, can't adept to the changes or don't know how to survival. Most of these people are running towards the airfields, military bases, etc. That tactic is wrong, very wrong! The current loot system is much better. I admit that there must be a higher percentage that military loot spawns at these locations but the spawn timers or amount of loot which spawns there must be brought down.

Think about it logically, it all makes sense. There has been an apocalypse, the military is in cities trying to fight the zombies and protect their and other people's life. They get overwelhemd and hide in toilet shacks, garages, storage units, houses, etc. It makes sense that there will be military loot scattered all across the map. It wouldn't make sense if it only was at the airfields and military bases.

I will leave you guys with some tips but you should be ashamed that you need these from a beginner. When you are a newspawn search for apple trees or red berries to get the light green hydrated and energized status. If possible search for a waterpump and drink until hydrated, maybe even stuffed. After you are hydrated and energized you can roam some houses. But keep in mind, don't go even near the airfields, military bases and yes even the big cities. Everyone who complains that they can't survive will check there or be there. Of course they can't survive if they only check there. Stop looking for these freaking big guns like AK, M4, mosin, etc. Practice stealth and surviving naturally with hunting. If you don't know the location of animals look them up on the internet, for Christ sake. Craft a freaking bow (they may be still bugged at the moment though). It's the most stealth weapon in the game and if you know how to handle it you can kill zombies without aggroing other zombies. And if you aggro a zombie, stay still and aim for the head with your fists or better yet a weapon. If you run, you will be a dead guy. Find a bottle, canteen or alcohol tincure to put water in and always have 2 to 3 with you. I prefer bottles because they have the most volume so you need less canteens or alcohol tincure. And when you hit a town, check for a waterpump to fill them up and get hydrated there. Most of all search ALL houses and look EVERYWHERE, not only the usual places. Also check garages, cars, jeeps, toilet sheds, etc. Just look everywhere for loot and I guarantee that you will find loot. If there is not a lot of loot or even no loot then don't bother checking because someone has already been there. And if you want a weapon go for a improvised bow, trumpet or sporter 22 until you find a better weapon and have enough ammo. But remember, the better the weapon the higher the chance that you attract more zombies.

That's all there is, it isn't hard really. It isn't an apple simulator or farming simulator, just mix these things up a bit. This game can't get boring at all because there is so much to do! And if you really can't find any food just go to a big city or a place where a lot of players are and be stealthy and kill a player. Cut them up and take them as food and the food they have on them.

If you don't like this playstyle how I described it, I highly recommend searching another game. I believe and think that the intentions of this game are to rely on natural surviving. Craft your own gear, weapons, hunt your own food, etc. So I suggest that you learn how to survive naturally because you will be forced to more and more eventually. Better to do it now on a slow pace than doing it in a fast pace later on.

So for everyone who is bitching about the loot: stop bitching! I'm a beginner and I can survive easily. If you are playing this game a long time already and can't survive then you should be ashamed right now because that will make you even a bigger beginner than me.

Hope you guys will use these tips and stop complaining because this is not necessary. By the way, read the changelog, the wikipedia for DayZ and tips instead of playing. This helped me a lot to get to the point where I'm currently at.

Happy stealth hunting and surviving naturally!

LMAO love it - a noob schooling the "experts".

Just out of interest, do the water pumps need purification tablets now?

The way you describe your play style sounds no different at all then for me as that's what I do. Even on the coast where "there's no loot anywhere!" I'll find the stuff the noobs didn't and I've never once come out of a place without something useful. Given the abundance of berries / apples and water pumps, there's no excuse for starving to death.

• Like 1

the 0.56 patch is probably the most expecting/waiting for bug fixes patch ever

probably will be character wipe as well lol