billyangstadt

.55 loot, I'll just leave it at this.

almost sure this will be fixed..

Add loot to zombies =) makem lootable, though I would not eat one =D

Stay Frosty Hunters

TuT

• Like 1

The loot system will probably get tweaked. Having to run from the coast for 30 minutes, while drinking from wells and looking for apples isn't that interesting. Certainly not every time you die.

I'm OK with loot being sort of hard to find, and not handed out, but it is kind of ridiculous right now.

Sidenote: Police stations seem to be packed with MP5 mags and RAK's. Since yesterday I have come across several police stations full of ammo, with the surrounding town being picked clean.

Edited by anderswhk

Is there a difference in loot between public and private servers? As of now the private servers i play on is totally out of loot. There is absolutely nothing. Yesterday it was bad, but you could find some stuff in the northernmost villages in toilets and such. Now there is absolutely nothing. Did a test where i tried living on berries and move from the most insane outermost clusters of houses, deer stands and so on. There was 1 can of tactical bacon and some books and a backpack. Died form starvation. Got a berenzino outskirts spawn. As i tested there was not a single item of use in the whole town and surroundings. Neither in Cherno.

And it's so stressful. Really a chore to play. Talk to someone? If you aren't going to eat them that is a waste of time that should be spent picking apples for 30 min.

Edited by aasand
  • Like 2

The loot is odd but funny. Some old houses that spawned loot sometimes don't spawn any and some houses that used to give little loot now give alooot. I found the attachable pouches(no plate carrier though) I also found a kahki m65 field jacket at a deer stand and finalllyy I found a suppreser east. I'm gonna hunt for the rak I had one on exp no mag though. Anyone know were the best loot place you've seen so far.

I've started playing again since 0.53 and I'm loving the new system. I used to craft all the necessities myself so I'm not that worried about poor loot, the only thing I'm in bad need of is matches. Where do you find them these days, people? I'm seriously starting to consider eating raw meat with charcoal tablets. To craft a bow and arrows, you only need to find a rope to start with, so I see no problem with that. Grabbing a few apples first and then hunting should keep starvation away, but a matchbox (and a cooking pot, come to think of it) is really a must. I hope they get around to starting a fire with twigs soon, it seems long overdue in a world where you can craft your own suppressors. All in all, 0.55 hurts and that means it's great. Good work, devs!

I've started playing again since 0.53 and I'm loving the new system. I used to craft all the necessities myself so I'm not that worried about poor loot, the only thing I'm in bad need of is matches. Where do you find them these days, people? I'm seriously starting to consider eating raw meat with charcoal tablets. To craft a bow and arrows, you only need to find a rope to start with, so I see no problem with that. Grabbing a few apples first and then hunting should keep starvation away, but a matchbox (and a cooking pot, come to think of it) is really a must. I hope they get around to starting a fire with twigs soon, it seems long overdue in a world where you can craft your own suppressors. All in all, 0.55 hurts and that means it's great. Good work, devs!

They replaced matches with apples.

• Like 1

I personally havent had a problem with finding canned found, but cant find enough liquids to drink. did they increase the dehydration rate. the first police station i found after the patch had a shit ton of mp5 mags which i was very thankful for. then they disappeared with my first smersh vest i found in a shed that was in my tent.

what i really need are the repair kits.

Edited by Kilroy92

Can't unbreak what isn't broken to begin with...  Nothing is "game breaking" until the game is actually finished. Everything is bound to change.

That statement reeks of bullshit on a completely different level.  Congratulations on the Fox News level spin of "it's alpha". 

Part of developing game is adding things, part of development is went you add those things sometimes they break other things.  Forcing persistence to every single server, when it clearly doesn't work on every single server.  What a joke.  Keep smokin those poles.

Edited by acdc_bag
  • Like 2

I like being a hero not a bandit. I want to talk to people and have fun, I also like having bandits around to fight (even though I'm new and kinda suck at pvp). with the current loot system I now want to kos just for some meat to survive. (at least i now can understand that mentality) farm for food? die of starvation before anything grows. Hunt! What animals? I've seen 1 in the 200 or so hours I've played. Loot is not where you think it is. search elsewhere! Sure I've found mp5s and RAK with 4 mags each. and died of starvation. Hard core players may love this but anyone just starting will hate this game. simple fact of economics- more new players=more money. A game where you cannot survive unless you've played it for at least a year means no one will play it but those that have played it already. The servers that say Hardcore and Veteran can keep this update, just let the rest of us have something thats not eat apples for 2 hours from trees and find nothing in any town or military base but hats and the odd coat.

• Like 2

now when you respawn this game is unplayable, you cant find anything - everything is looted you can die by kung fu zombie or starvation

• Like 3

That statement reeks of bullshit on a completely different level.  Congratulations on the Fox News level spin of "it's alpha". 

Part of developing game is adding things, part of development is went you add those things sometimes they break other things.  Forcing persistence to every single server, when it clearly doesn't work on every single server.  What a joke.  Keep smokin those poles.

Can't handle alpha, go away.

No one is forcing you to play. 

now when you respawn this game is unplayable, you cant find anything - everything is looted you can die by kung fu zombie or starvation

this made me laugh so hard

• Like 1

toilets

seriously check the toilets....

haha this. Although I think if you find any fruit or veg in there it should be disease ridden or ruined etc.

Well put. Everyone who is whining about loot would be f*cked in a real apocalypse :P

Good thing I'd start out with a few rifles, a thousand rounds of ammunition, and a few flats of bottled water and canned food then.

• Like 2

What I've taken away from the last few days and the threads emerging:

People want an easy game and didn't realise that that is not what they were going to get with DayZ..

Consider this:

loot is working as intended and people aren't playing a "Pristine Pants"-Simulator anymore, but are actually thrown into a harsh apocalypse for the first time.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 5

DAYUM!

Found 2x pristine Press-vests, 1x anti-stab-vest and 1x Olive High-Cap Vest on Toilets and in other sheds!

(Yeah, I was running around the total coast-side and then from the very south-west-corner to the NWAF and checked almost any house/building I came across), BUT STILL:

It is WORTH checking everything! (Now also the "useless" houses spawn quite cool loot)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 3

Game is great.

Z's are brilliant-super strong if you aggro them, but they've lost that stupidly huge aggro area they used to have. I'm actually using STEALTH again!!!!

I have silly amounts of ammo and an MP5. Mind you I need it as I don't like going toe to toe with Z's these days. I love it though that if you shoot a Z in town you'll summon 4 more and then you are f*cked as you try to reload. Love it!

I have spent hours in towns where there are no other players and that's despite being on some mid level and high population servers - get off the coast people!

Piano room, school/office building are gone at the moment. Look at cars and crappy buildings. Unlooted police buildings have insane loot. Also crap buildings spawning amazing stab and press vests!

My only quibble is the hydration - I've done a fair bit running in real life and I don't get that dehydrated that quickly.

Also I can't get the bloody compass to work anymore!!

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

Good thing I'd start out with a few rifles, a thousand rounds of ammunition, and a few flats of bottled water and canned food then.

no no no, everyone in an apocalypse starts out half dead in a tshirt with a flashlight and battery. what's this whole idea of preparedness?? lol

Are you saying it's cursed :D

No, I'm saying its super rare and you should only open/eat it at green mountain :D

This is my toon as of now. Not hungry or dying. I consider myself an amateur player with 100 total hours played and I still manage to survive in this "no loot" environment as people call it. I think what helps me is that I'm not bound to loot routes. I'm still discovering where loot spawns, so I check everywhere. I found Mosin ammo next to a light pole running down the road. If I can not starve to death, anyone can if they're patient. Picking apples and drinking from ponds suck, but it will save your life.

646593.jpg

What I've taken away from the last few days and the threads emerging:

People want an easy game and didn't realise that that is not what they were going to get with DayZ..

Consider this:

loot is working as intended and people aren't playing a "Pristine Pants"-Simulator anymore, but are actually thrown into a harsh apocalypse for the first time.

I hope the devs stick to their proverbial guns on this one. I stopped playing this game after only 20 hours because everytime I turned around there were fruit, ammo, and Sporters. I could have decent gear in under 30 minutes. It was awful. 

• Like 1

I love 0.55. A very intense experience, usually reserved for PvP. I make use of items I used to throw away, like charcoal or heaters. As I haven’t learnt yet how to kill zeds scratchless as it was the case pre-0.55, right now I’m actually more scared of them than of other players (a zed will hurt me, but a player will probably have either a gun or ammo, never both ;) ). I back away from plundering goodie buildings when I see a zed roaming outside. I jumpscare and curse aloud when a zed spawns right behind me. Mere staying on high blood is a tough quest in itself. I was mortified to see that you cannot retrieve seeds from pumpkins anymore. I’m not going anywhere without my farming gear. I feel I need to think long-term yet stay as vigilant as I can, even if it’s a small village. In short, I can finally play a zombie survival game.

Oh, one more thing – this may be petty of me, but I love to think about the whiners who complain about starvation and loot. I like to imagine they do it in high pitch squeals. We all knew the day will come when DayZ becomes a zombie survival game, because that’s what it says on the intro screen. We all knew it will be resisted by people who honestly believe that apocalypses are meant to be a sniper/camper fun and they don’t happen more often only because the grown-ups are so lame. I’m looking forward to bid them farewell, but not before I bask a little in their lamentations. Like the poster above, I only hope the devs will remain adamant on the changes.

Seriously though, does anyone have a light? 8 hours into the game and not a single match.

• Like 2

loot is working as intended

working as intended

as intended

oq8rAt4.jpg

Oh, okay.

Edited by Heav
  • Like 2

oq8rAt4l.jpg

Oh, okay.

I take it your not hanging out on the beach wondering where the beloved pink raincoats and broom fighting simulator went though?

I take it your not hanging out on the beach wondering where the beloved pink raincoats and broom fighting simulator went though?

I'd say grabbing all that from a single police station in Berezino is considered close enough to the beach.