boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

Well, I'm finished with this game until they fix some of the issues... especially the desync. I was on a server by myself and I fell through a roof and died. I had four awesome guns and everything else one could want. This is ridiculous.

2015_05_02_00003.jpg

Rest in peace, buddy.

I was like lulz at the impatient ppl, then I remembered how long this patch is taking  :blush:

I bet it wont drop this week ;)

Edited by liquidcactus

So it's more of an issue when a second weapon is in your hands?

When you log off with one, yes it can happen. Same thing happened to me and I didn't yet try again. That's why I asked if somone had the same experience with tents. Really not great not to know what will happen. To be safe, put the rifle on the ground before logoff. However, we can't do that on Wednesdays.

And yes, items disappeaing from the tents or backpack when trying to swap them is a different issue. And it's so freaking random. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Not that I wanted to do the trial run for it, but I had to move a lot of things around and learned from my mistakes, 

Edited by S3V3N

You can leave it at that all day long. You are wrong. Period. So you know what occlusion culling is?

It's a feature of the new renderer that disallows objects from rendering that are not currently in view of the player camera. Guess what that will do in cities.

first it was the direct x... the engine...then it was multithreading...now its occlusion composition... lmfao!

i stated the * RENDERER * is not an fps fix... 

im not going to guess what it will do in cities... i have the information i need from the devs lol..

the argument were having was solved in eugens twitter post i linked.

3-6 months for an fps fix.... renderer is not an fps fix...

il argue this point all day. Tired of miss leading information being thrown around by people in this community. The devs do a great job of releasing information.

Please do not push your interpretations of information away from the actual facts.

Edited by Renigade

im not going to guess what it will do in cities... 

I'm done. Be ignorant if you wish.

• Like 1

Don't be so fast at calling each other wrong, guys :)

I think what he maybe was pointing at is that even though the game doesn't even use our GFX to the full extend it lags a lot. It's not exactly overtaxing the hardware, the problem with Dayz is it has FPS spikes high and low. Of course the features of a new render engine will ease the strain on computing, but when it comes to it, developers usually just add more of something else at that point. The resources you free somewhere will be needed in another place (example: ai) and the computing will just shift from one area to another.    

I have to quote myself, because I wrote this massive text to support both your arguments. Not all of it is probably 100% correct. However, I do remember reading in Eugen's post about the renderer that it will be 10-30% faster than the old one. That means the coding is more efficient and probably render tweaks can be done faster than now. The overall strain is released, however I also get frame hickups in the middle of nowhere, so either there are hundreds of items hidden somewhere, or streaming the assets isn't the real/only problem.

I think the engine has a huge problems calculating and matching player positions. There is no stamina or weight system in place (as far as I know) , however when I run next to a friend either he or me is usually faster. So assuming the player models move at constant speed, they still reach the goal at different times. I don't know what is calculated there or what is the culprit, but this alone is indication that something about pinging player positions on the map is going wrong. I think a lot of the lag we see is not so much a render issue, but part of the object calculations going on in the background. Netcode may be to blame, as it often had problems in Arma. And Arma had shitty AI compared to Dayz, so fewer ressources were spent there. I think we probably will be keeping lagspikes in the future, however, most of them will be smoothed out to a point where they don't become annoying. If the game will ever run on 60 fps a drop from 60 to 27 frames won't be as noticable as one from 40 to 7 frames, like what I get now. The key is overall acceleration, not just boosting a single system. The new renderer is part of that operation, more powerful yes, but also faster and more efficient in code. 

Edited by S3V3N

When you start talking about & quoting your own posts it may be time to move on, or preferably go play outside.

.......and the Topic is DayZ 0.55 !

When you start talking about & quoting your own posts it may be time to move on, or preferably go play outside.

.......and the Topic is DayZ 0.55 !

Oh I am contributing to 0.55 discussion. It just takes so long for 0.56 to roll in that we have to kill some time. I think the issues we can talk about in 0.55 are irrelevant anyway, because it was mostly a rollback to another "stable" version. It's just good to talk about + be prepared. And the new bugs are just annoying but will/should disappear anyway with the central economy loot spawns and later the inventory fix. I have a few old + new general questions though:

- why are characters running at different speed?

- why do the servers behave differently (on some persistence works on others it doesn't; why the big differences between public servers?)

- why are chopper spawns still static and spawns bugged?

- why do jerrry cans disappear from inventory and even from inside backpacks at restarts?

- where are the magazines? Why don't they respawn as often as the guns or more often? 

- why is the desync terrible in this update? (is it because of accelerated time?)

- when can we scroll down the inventory of the military tent?

- how come servers don't restart every four hours? (not all do)

- why do we always lag twice upon spawning? My screen always hickups and teleports me at the start.

- when will we get proper melee sounds? (hitting a guy with an axe just makes a "thump" noise)

- why do I get squashed when I spawn inside a container?

- why do the servers always show 8:00 first when we can only join at 9:20?

- why do I have to shoot a hovering/stuck truck first to ground it and enter safely?

- why do I hit invisible stuff on the road with the truck? 

- why can't I filet fish? (I only get guts)

- why do I always get up when I eat something?

- when will the rain return?

- is there a god in Dayz and does he control the lag? 

Edited by S3V3N

What's up with EU servers dropping connection every 5 minutes ?

Found a loot puke in a Fire Station, there was a plethora (yes I know what a plethora is) of damaged and pristine.  Then I got killed, it was in Sevrograd.  Can't remember which server it was but it was a private hive.

Yes, but what's better, a plethora of loot, or a cornucopia? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yes, but what's better, a plethora of loot, or a cornucopia? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't like corn, and I try to avoid any cornucopia as a result. Plethora gets my vote...
  • Like 1

Oh I am contributing to 0.55 discussion. It just takes so long for 0.56 to roll in that we have to kill some time. I think the issues we can talk about in 0.55 are irrelevant anyway, because it was mostly a rollback to another "stable" version. It's just good to talk about + be prepared. And the new bugs are just annoying but will/should disappear anyway with the central economy loot spawns and later the inventory fix. I have a few old + new general questions though:

- why do the servers behave differently (on some persistence works on others it doesn't; why the big differences between public servers?)

- why do jerrry cans disappear from inventory and even from inside backpacks at restarts?

- where are the magazines? Why don't they respawn as often as the guns or more often? 

- why is the desync terrible in this update? (is it because of accelerated time?)

- why do we always lag twice upon spawning? My screen always hickups and teleports me at the start.

- when will we get proper melee sounds? (hitting a guy with an axe just makes a "thump" noise)

- why do I have to shoot a hovering/stuck truck first to ground it and enter safely?

There was absolutely no roll back what so ever.

• Like 1

hahaa  :D dayz is and will be forever plagued (well hopefully not forever)

Edited by liquidcactus

There was absolutely no roll back what so ever.

Not even the loot system to 0.54?

If there was no rollback what happened to bows/crossbow and fish-fileting not working? Was that an unexpected side effect of the not-rollback?

Not even the loot system to 0.54?

If there was no rollback what happened to bows/crossbow and fish-fileting not working? Was that an unexpected side effect of the not-rollback?

The loot system wasn't inherently tied to any particular version. It's easier if you see the loot system as being completely independent of the rest of the game.

As for the bows and fish: those things were broken going into 0.55. Nothing changed there. Both of those things are scheduled for a fix in 0.56, though.

Well, I'm finished with this game until they fix some of the issues... especially the desync. I was on a server by myself and I fell through a roof and died. I had four awesome guns and everything else one could want. This is ridiculous.

2015_05_02_00003.jpg

Rest in peace, buddy.

Serves you right for lootwhoring

Edited by Dennus
  • Like 1

I'm so ready for .56... i can hardly play .55 because im addicted to killing vampires ATM (nosgoth) but i'm itching to return , please devs , release dat .56 EXP this week (preferably sooner rather than later =) ).

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

I prefer the way "plethora" just rolls from the tongue, you pretty much have to spit "cornucopia" out of the mouth.  Plethora is much more refined and, frankly, just that much more fun to say..

I'll be on later, have to watch Excalibur today in honor of Nigel Terry passing yesterday..

Perceval, take Excalibur. Find a pool of calm water. Throw the sword into it. One day, a King will come, and the Sword will rise... again.

Rest in peace, buddy.

Jeez man, stash some of that gear against things like that happening, no need to carry all that crap around all the time.  If you are "finished" like you say you are going to have a really, really long wait.  It's ok to horde, just don't carry it all with you all the time.  I usually stash my good shit at a couple of different bases and carry the not so hot stuff around while I am out patrolling.

Edited by Barnabus

its seems like the temprature influence is pretty broken. i am full geared. cargo pants, vest, balaclava, booniehat, gloves and tactical shirt. playing on a sunny daylight server and after standing still for 2 minutes... i am shaking... happened 5 times now

Serves you right for lootwhoring

Jeez man, stash some of that gear against things like that happening, no need to carry all that crap around all the time.  If you are "finished" like you say you are going to have a really, really long wait.  It's ok to horde, just don't carry it all with you all the time.  I usually stash my good shit at a couple of different bases and carry the not so hot stuff around while I am out patrolling.

I think it's a little unfair to say that I was whoring loot. I was only carrying the AKM for the heck of it and I was planning on giving it and some other stuff to a friend. I see people more geared than this all of the time. I was also roleplaying. I've had bad luck with stashing stuff and it's not like I was expecting to fall through a roof...

Edited by ShoobieStomper

Was this a four day weekend in the Czech Republic for May Day?  What about Liberation Day this Friday?  Devs seem awfully quiet in that Jury is coming back with a bad verdict kind of way....

• Like 3

I think it's a little unfair to say that I was whoring loot. I was only carrying the AKM for the heck of it and I was planning on giving it and some other stuff to a friend. I see people more geared than this all of the time. I was also roleplaying. I've had bad luck with stashing stuff and it's not like I was expecting to fall through a roof...

Happens to me all the time.  Beware the V3S glitched into a building or another vehicle, kills me every time as soon as I try to drive away.  I will go into "x" mode for movement up stairs and on higher floors.  This has greatly reduced my getting killed by a glitch type of fall. 

I used to take off my pants and boots, drop my ruck and rifle too before going up some stairs even.  This would save my pants and boots from getting ruined if I broke my legs.  A really bad place for this broken thing are the circular stone stairs at the prison.  Coming off that first catwalk back down those stairs have broken my legs twice. 

Edited by Barnabus