boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

A tech update. Mmmm, I wonder what that could be. It certainly doesn't rule out map changes, hunting clothes, or scopes, etc. But, I can't help but wonder what they are beavering away at on the tech side. CLE? Character controller? I wonder ...

Lots of changes for tech , looking forward to next update. (no its not renderer) Hopefuly next week.

It's the new inventory matrix.

It's the new inventory matrix.

I certainly hope that's part of it. But when he says, "Lots of changes for tech ..." it suggests to me that there could be considerably more going on. Then again, that could just be wishful thinking on my part.

Either way, I feel like a kid who can't sleep on Christmas eve.

Either way, I feel like a kid who can't sleep on Christmas eve.

Except it's Christmas Eve in the context of the movie Groundhog Day, where Christmas Day seems to never arrive :p

• Like 3

My team had a great operation setup tonight on Alcatraz(4v4v4), but the server crashed on us in the middle of the fight. Its been happening every few hours since the loot explosions. When I spawned back in we had a guy in the room with us. I imagine he ran around as the server was down to find out our location. Central loot economy needs to come back. :(

Well, I have played quite a bit today and all of Elektro was full out loot explosions and the rest of the server seems to be normal. This was on the main server that I was playing on. Has anyone else witnessed this? Anyway, I am pretty excited for the new updates to come! :-) Do you guys know if items in the game have a hidden condition or is there just a percentage that an item will degrade when a zombie hits it?

patch is boring. half assed roll back. private hive still crippled from initial .55 and GTA5 release. persistence file gets deleted every eight hours or so. loot is not spawning like it should. It's just buggy, broken, and boring atm. Stopped playing, didn't log in since about two weeks. Clock 800 hours or so and it's the longest absence since release.

players are at all time low currently.

http://steamcharts.com/app/221100#1m

the sky!! it's falling!!!!

I know beta is for polishing, but out of curiousity, what exactly are we waiting for before the netcode can be tweaked ?

Forgive my probably flawed logic but, isnt that a completely different story than renderer, new items,animations and such? therefore, it wouldnt need to wait untill the implementation of new things before being worked on, because you wont need to rework it later, like you would have to do with ingame FPS optimisation?

64bit dayz server were up for testing almost a year ago, is that what we're waiting to be further tweaked on ?

Could it be possible to have one minor netcode patch instead of one anticheat one? Both have to do with client-server stuff, so im only assuming this is the same department? (apart from what BE does)

I know this is probably a total kick in the dark, but if anyone knows, pls, do share :)

Edited by halp

Can someone please confirm the current status of tents for me?

I know they were working (at least for me) and surviving maintenance as of the .55 patch. Then the rollback to the old loot economy caused them to disappear, but I understood they should be working again.

The reason I ask is b/c I was on a public server last night and happened to run into the admin. He was saying don't pitch tents here b/c he resets the loot tables daily. I noticed that a backpack and a non-pitched reg tent had survived restarts on his server, but he did a restart shortly after our convo and all of that stuff disappeared.

As luck would have it, I found 3 military tents (my first ever military tents) shortly after that and moved them to a new server. 

Is there any more clear info on tents surviving restarts, what servers they do/don't survive on, etc? I have only been playing on servers that list as "public" in the server browser.

Thanks.

Edited by Rammit

I know they were working (at least for me) and surviving maintenance as of the .55 patch. Then the rollback to the old loot economy caused them to disappear, but I understood they should be working again.

The reason I ask is b/c I was on a public server last night and happened to run into the admin. He was saying don't pitch tents here b/c he resets the loot tables daily. I noticed that a backpack and a non-pitched reg tent had survived restarts on his server, but he did a restart shortly after our convo and all of that stuff disappeared.

As luck would have it, I found 3 military tents (my first ever military tents) shortly after that and moved them to a new server. 

Is there any more clear info on tents surviving restarts, what servers they do/don't survive on, etc? I have only been playing on servers that list as "public" in the server browser.

Thanks.

Sounds what was basically the thing admins on private hives were told to do ... iirc after one or two weeks in 0.55. By resetting the loot / persistance / whatever it it called state, the server gets a default state like just when the last wipe was ... no loot splosions or whatever else is annoying and develops after weeks of the current system running. Also means tents and other stuff vanishes though.

Basically you have to read / ask about the servers you play on. And I don't know if resetting these states is actually "allowed" in public... .

Thanks.

I have had a camp with multiple tents on both the 1PP and 3PP hive for about 3 weeks now. Persistence is working the way it should as far as I can tell.

The rest of your statements confuse me though. Public server owners are not, as I understood it, supposed to be able to reset the loot. I thought only private server owners could reset available.

• Like 3

I have had a camp with multiple tents on both the 1PP and 3PP hive for about 3 weeks now. Persistence is working the way it should as far as I can tell.

Same here. I think there may have been some wonkyness the day that they rolled back to the old loot system, but it's been fine ever since.

In other news: I'm seeing some activity on SteamDB. Looks as though a new version went out for internal testing this morning. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow :)

Edited by Tatanko

I play mostly on private hives and they restart frequently to "spawn loot". But it doesn't seem to be working. Usually things you lay on the ground for a bit, v3s's and tent dissapear in the restart but crappy loot that you left because of its worthlessness is still there after the restart. And Lootgasm are frequent. I encounter them on almost every playthrough. So "loot system is fine" is not the term i would use.

In other news: I'm seeing some activity on SteamDB. Looks as though a new version went out for internal testing this morning. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow :)

Elf.gif

Same here. I think there may have been some wonkyness the day that they rolled back to the old loot system, but it's been fine ever since.

Wouldn't count on it mate, tomorrow is a public holiday in the Czech Republic.

• Like 1

I play mostly on private hives and they restart frequently to "spawn loot". But it doesn't seem to be working. Usually things you lay on the ground for a bit, v3s's and tent dissapear in the restart but crappy loot that you left because of its worthlessness is still there after the restart. And Lootgasm are frequent. I encounter them on almost every playthrough. So "loot system is fine" is not the term i would use.

We were discussing persistence, not the loot system.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Wouldn't count on it mate, tomorrow is a public holiday in the Czech Republic.

Oh really? Well I'll be damned. Thanks for the heads-up! I hope the team actually takes the day off instead of working through it.

EDIT: I see it's the Czech equivalent of our American "Labor Day". Now I really hope they take the day off ;)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

-snip-

EDIT: I see it's the Czech equivalent of our American "Labor Day". Now I really hope they take the day off ;)

In Soviet Chernarus, code programs YOU!

• Like 3

The rest of your statements confuse me though. Public server owners are not, as I understood it, supposed to be able to reset the loot. I thought only private server owners could reset available.

Yeah, honestly, he confused me, as well :) I thought he was mistaken, b/c tents have been working for me (even through maintenance, except for the rollback) since .55.

That's why I was surprised to see my stuff disappear after that restart. He also said his server was "private, but public"... which didn't make sense to me.

At any rate, I was under the same impression as you, but I surely lost my tent and backpack after a restart on that particular server (which is public hive).

Sounds what was basically the thing admins on private hives were told to do ... iirc after one or two weeks in 0.55. By resetting the loot / persistance / whatever it it called state, the server gets a default state like just when the last wipe was ... no loot splosions or whatever else is annoying and develops after weeks of the current system running. Also means tents and other stuff vanishes though.

Basically you have to read / ask about the servers you play on. And I don't know if resetting these states is actually "allowed" in public... .

That was my understanding as well. Though, I was definitely on a public server in this case. I moved three tents from it to another server, and my character is still geared up (or, was until I got in a truck that had it's back end in a house and it killed me).

My tent camp survived maintenance this week on a Vilayer server, however the server seems to be crashing at the rate of about once every two hours, once in between every 4hr restart give or take a few minutes.

I'm wondering if the lootsplosion/lootgasm phenomenon is causing this and if so, perhaps some public server hosts were able/allowed to reset persistence to mitigate that issue?

Anyone else out there experiencing something similar?

As a public server owner, we are not allowed nor do we have access anymore to reset the persistence "loot" file. We are eagerly awaiting .56 as our server's loot right now is "broken" in the sense that massive amounts of loot are found on certain parts of the map but other places are picked clean and no longer spawn loot. 

On top of that Fragnet change our IP on us without our full consent and thus have lost all of our traffic b/c people can't find the server......(sigh)........good times.......

Will we ever be able to store a hunting knife in military boots?

I'd imagine that there will be a hunting boot of some kind that works similarly to a pair of Military Boots. Kinda like there are Cargo Pants and soon to be Hunter Jackets that are analogous to the Gorka military clothing. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy

I have been having some technical issues of late with my mouse.  Specifically with inventory.  I pretty much have to put can openers and sewing kits in hand then right click on the item I want to open or repair in order to get it to work.  I used to be able to drag an item to the other for the command menu to pop up.  Now that just does not seem to work consistently, another, related, problem is that just touching on an item can get it to fly into other inventory slot/s or the item will not move at all once I have it and try to drag it where I want it. 

Anyone know if this is something that can be fixed in settings?  I already tried verifying the game cache already but that did nothing.  Seems the issue is getting progressively worse too.