boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

It's very unlikely (but not impossible) that you'll see an update tomorrow. Best chance is this coming Wednesday (the 27th).

Well, today is 27th. I hope you are right.

Nope. Experimental branch isn't about anything we want, it's only about acquiring data towards general progress of development. It just helps globally towards making a more stable experience overall, not just for the "stable" branch. 

+1 (Quoting you 25 days late, but still relevant...)

The thing the baffles me is the fact that many do not understand this at all..

• Like 2

Well, today is 27th. I hope you are right.

Oops, I meant the 29th :p

Just was farming again and cannot seem to get any seeds from produce anymore using a knife. Is this something intentional or a bug that I need to report?

This is known in the current build. I might check to make sure it is reported.

I hope the renderer hits this year. Could've sworn last status update regarding the timeline of its implementation indicated progress in Q1 2015 - but we're already entering Q2 with no signs of a new renderer soon approaching.

Not trying to complain or anything, I've just been taking my break from the game (playability of the content really lessened for me in the last 5 patches) and look forward to playing it again.

I hope the renderer hits this year. Could've sworn last status update regarding the timeline of its implementation indicated progress in Q1 2015 - but we're already entering Q2 with no signs of a new renderer soon approaching.

Not trying to complain or anything, I've just been taking my break from the game (playability of the content really lessened for me in the last 5 patches) and look forward to playing it again.

I'm pretty sure Eugen said end of May for the new renderer in the Q&A. 

• Like 3

(Mostly) correct. More specifically, they intend to be testing it internally by the end of May. Nothing was said about when it might make it to Experimental or Stable, and I imagine we won't know until we get there.

• Like 1

Need new experimental ... Can't ... Wait ... Til Wednesday (or even later) somehow I think I will survive , I just really want to see a new reiteration of loot and more content , I'm getting bored of legacy .54 loot and not being able to cook fish (fishing is my jams when I'm starving).

Need new experimental ... Can't ... Wait ... Til Wednesday (or even later) somehow I think I will survive , I just really want to see a new reiteration of loot and more content , I'm getting bored of legacy .54 loot and not being able to cook fish (fishing is my jams when I'm starving).

Don't know if you saw this yet or not:

- 0021150: [items] Fish cannot be cooked in campfire\stove (Geez) - resolved.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/changelog_page.php?version_id=8

I'm pretty happy about it. I'm more eager to see changes and additions, but getting back to a slightly more challenging mode of play with the new loot system will definitely be welcome as well.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

(Mostly) correct. More specifically, they intend to be testing it internally by the end of May. Nothing was said about when it might make it to Experimental or Stable, and I imagine we won't know until we get there.

I saw a brief note from Eugen saying that they are already running renderer alpha code internally and that it helps the FPS in cities loads.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/220397-new-renderer/?p=2254328

I think the last ETA I saw was for June, but the reality is that it will be finished when it's finished and not before.

On March 30, they estimated that it would take another two months: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223250-quarterly-status-report-quarter-1-2015/

Still, it's encouraging to hear that their alpha code is bringing a significant performance boost to the table. As they refine it, it will only get better.

Edit - citations added

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 4

Indeed...without sounding like a sook.. I'm so sure new zombie AI was in the roadmap as of Q1 or Q2 of last year, 2014 (yes i do understand somewhat the setbacks of game design) I think if we just tell our selves its not actually suppose to be out (renderer) until Q4 2016 I think we wont be disappointed when it finally does release :D 

I will eat my hat if we see it before Q4 ^_^

Is there any timeline for streamlining the netcode? Started playing with my family and a second account so I tethered my cell phone to free up the satellite for the other computer and was using something like 100megs an hour. I'd eat my data cap in 4 weekdays which seem crazy compared to other games I've used it on.  

It is so frustrating that the Zs are loudless as f****ng ninjas. Every game session i had the following situation:

1.) I see a Z in a certain area.

2.) Because they are so hard to melee fight and i have enough ammunition i shoot him (also because i know i will attract all the Zs in the area and so i can clean up this area at once for a while (till they respawn or walk in from far away))

3.) I wait for them and kill em all.

4.) I wait for the late ones.

5.) I wait for the ultra late ones.

6.) No more Zs in sight or incoming.

7.) I walk in the building i was standing before (no Z was inside).

8.) I check the 2 items in the edge of the room.

9.) A Z is teleporting behind me and hits me a dozen times.

10.) I am raging for 2 minutes because of this motherf****** sh**.

Please fix what ever causes this delayed arrival of attracted Zs and PLEASE give them sounds. Its so frustrating you can't hear them even doing a foot step or breathing.

Edit: I appreciate the work from the devs. You are doing very well and the game is so nice growing! Thats the reason i play it again and again. Although i have some frustrating situations like above I really would like to see fixed quickly.

Edited by Algano

just so yall understand...

renderer does not = fps fix

does not = inc fps

makes world look pretty.

hardware changes need to be made... wont be till beta... check eugens twitter... its from the horses mouth!

Edited by Renigade
  • Like 1

Can somebody name me one good private server with high pop AND low desync and lags ?

killing zombies with big desync is a nightmare, locking them up in houses is almost impossible since opening or closing a door can take up to 3-5 seconds. picking up items imply you spamming the item for 5 seconds, firefights are totally random, you can spam 3 mags on one player at 1m distance, you might not graze him once with desync...

i hope desync will be softened in the next update, until then, i'll take a little break.

can't wait for the next exp udate ! i'm very curious about the new loot distribution, food cooking and ne weapons (i hope the new scope will be in too).

I hope that next stable, whenever it hits, gonna be interesting!

Meanwhile I will gorge upon GTA V and Witcher 3 is not that far away as well, so devs should have some breathing room atleast from me :-).

it will, fore sure ! 0.55 was a big test, we can suppose that central economy/loot respawn/persistence/loot tagging will be more on point. even if it's not, we will enjoy new weapons, optics and clothes.

[off topic] don't hype yourself too mutch with the witcher 3, i don't know your taste for games, but if you like RPG it might just be ok at best. from what i've seen about it, it's all about cinematic cut-scene, same boring combat than the witcher 2... difficulty was totally unbalanced in the 2 which was very cloisoned, in open a big open world it will be a total mess. itemization is quite bad in the witcher serie, so be prepared to be bored fast after a few quest. well it migh be another hack and slash with boobs... story might be good and reactvity too, graphics are awsome but that's it. i had the same feeling when oblivion come out, and it was a boring, easy and repetitive game with pretty graphics (but no boobs ^^).[/off topic]

Edited by Zboub le météor

I can hardly wait until they bring back the central loot economy. The public server I play on constantly crashes because of problems like this...

2015-04-28_00001%202.jpg

I spent the better half of an hour dumping this crap.

Edited by gsfilmer

Walking towards a ladder, putting my gun away... apparently your guy auto-walks if you do that... and you walk right over the ledge, falling to your death...

I can hardly wait until they bring back the central loot economy. The public server I play on constantly crashes because of problems like this...

I spent the better half of an hour dumping this crap.

Are you burning those backpacks? Looks like you have a shop selling them.

I can only deal with so many backpacks. I saw some rifles piled like that, too. No magazines or anything useful, of course. This rollback just makes me realize more how messy the loot system was. It'll be good to have the new system working. At the moment I'm just collecting shotguns and pistols, it seems. Tents don't seem to respawn or I just have bad luck finding them now. I do get along, but sadly I most often can't find ammo or other important gear under piles of crap; on the other hand, some places seem to be almost completely empty. I do play a bit each day, but more to maintain the stuff I have rather than to go out and conquer ;)

Are you burning those backpacks? Looks like you have a shop selling them.

I can only deal with so many backpacks. I saw some rifles piled like that, too. No magazines or anything useful, of course. This rollback just makes me realize more how messy the loot system was. It'll be good to have the new system working. At the moment I'm just collecting shotguns and pistols, it seems. Tents don't seem to respawn or I just have bad luck finding them now. I do get along, but sadly I most often can't find ammo or other important gear under piles of crap; on the other hand, some places seem to be almost completely empty. I do play a bit each day, but more to maintain the stuff I have rather than to go out and conquer ;)

Not burning. I don't think backpacks will even fit into a fireplace. What I did though was put all the loot in backpacks, and run outside to dump the junk out into a large pile. Once all of the stuff i removed de-spawned, the server hasn't acted up. Its the only thing that can be done since the admins don't have the option to clear all of the loot.

Walking towards a ladder, putting my gun away... apparently your guy auto-walks if you do that... and you walk right over the ledge, falling to your death...

Your char continues whatever movement you are doing while putting away / taking out weapons ... it was already mentioned in dev blogs that they will fix that with the new character movement that is being developed right now. There is even a video out there somewhere ...

I don't suppose there will be a stable update tomorrow? Just regular maintenance, right?

I don't suppose there will be a stable update tomorrow? Just regular maintenance, right?

There's about a 0.01% chance of a Stable update happening. With 0.56 having been delayed in its deployment to Experimental on several occasions already and its ongoing delay of community testing, there's no way it would be ready for primetime by tomorrow morning. The only thing worth pushing would be bug fixes, and nothing is so disastrously wrong with 0.55 right now as to warrant a hotfix prior to the debut of 0.56.

Hope that helps  ;)

• Like 2