boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

Correct me if I am wrong, but does this mean that all public servers will be persistent?

Right.  However, they also force private hives to persistence on.

In addition, the administrators of private hives forbidden to wipe persistence.

We pay a lot more money for our servers as a public server. Because we want to be more independent. It is a joke as is interfered with our rights!

Our Servers (a 3 server privat network) works perfect till this patch. Now they run into the absolut limit, they restart random about memory overload.

Bevor we run only one of the servers with persistence on, the other two without. We want our rights back!

Edited by *tLD Anhor

I am maybe wrong, but this loot economy doesn't work at all, I checked it on different servers.

Just a few minutes ago I went into Staroye and every damn building was completely empty. Nothing, not a single item, not even crap I don't need.

I can live with harder zombies, that you can't dodge and which are insanely hard to kill (headblow with an axe isn't enough). But if you don't find any cloth to remove the runied stuff buy the zombies and there is absolutely no food and drinks? I can't hunt animals because they see me miles away, but theres also no weapon to find i could shoot it with, not to speak of ammo. How is it remotely realistic if you go in a house and its empty? were all the houses for sale before the apocalypse?

You really should fix the loot spawn, because this way its not working

Thx for the nice game anyways

Lordbelakor

• Like 1

Loot spawns in Police Stations need tuning ASAP

Hello there,
For 0.55 MP5 is the undeniable king.
The loot spawns are broken for police stations and so every single one of them that I've looted has AT LEAST 3 full 30 round MP5 mags.
I haven't looted that many police stations to actually find a MP5 but I've seen vids of people getting them with attachments in a single police station.
This goes against the harsher survival environment that has been put for the rest of the game in almost all aspects.
And so I would like to see these loot spawns changed to generate less ammo and weapon spawns than they do now, even better if it can be done in a hotfix.
Thoughts?
Many Thanks.

I searched this thread, Found no answers and didn't feel like reading 32 pages so

Has anyone tried growing bell peppers or tomatoes?
I grew lots then ate lots and I couldn't get from dark green energized to light green energized.
I could get stuffed but I couldn't seem to gain anymore energy.

The empty slots in this tent were filled with bell peppers and tomatoes, I ate all of them and still no more energy.

XORGEX2.jpg

I would report the bug but I want to see if anyone else had the same issue first.

Edited by Jesus Christ The Goblin
  • Like 1

Got a very important question for u guys, tomorrow me and a friend drinked water from water pond, i got damp by doing that, and then several minutes after Sick.

i dehydrated very fast and need to drink every several minutes, i eated some Terratycline Antybiotics but it didnt helped me out. 

Had a plenty messages "I feel worn-out" "I Feel tired"

we have searched whole town for charcoal tabs but unfortunately we didnt find it.

Friend told me to drink until vomiting, and it helps -> my sick status went off and i was energized and hydrated. we move along and several minutes later i got red message "I feel rumble in my bowels" and get very dark red Sick status" i logged out, what is happening to me? am i dying?

is that new disase "Cholera"?

Sorry for bad english writing i hope you all understand me.

I drank a full gasoline canister. I vomited but I was still alive and healthy.

• Like 4

Persistence not working is being looked at now.

It's Easter Sunday morning and Eugene has replied to questions asked by people close to the Dev team.

No peace for the wicked eh...

• Like 7

I drank a full gasoline canister. I vomited but I was still alive and healthy.

Seems like a reasonable thing to do easter morning.  Quite enjoying this patch, at first I was on sensory overload, then it all made sense.

• Like 2

It's probably a general problem, but if you happen to drive your truck onto the low end of a wooden fence (the triangular part), the truck will start spinning into the ground and kill you. I was talking to a friend and just hit this end of the fence very lightly, as in bumper touch. 

Yeah MP5s spawn plenty and 9mm ammo is no problem. 5.45 ammo I could only find at heli crashes and nowhere else. And no pot in sight, no matter where I looked. I lost my character to the truck glitching with the fence yesterday. It seemed truck spawns are reset with every start, too. I'll see again today and experience myself how hard it is to restart the game as a bambi now. 

Edited by S3V3N

I'm absolutely pissed about it actually I've got 2 1/2 days left of my long weekend and as much fun as as it is hanging out here spitting venom I'd rater be playing. If I can't start stashing stuff it's just an unnecessary risk with no reward walking around.

Lol , hate to end your venom trip there basher but tents have been persisting for 2 days now.... Lol we have 5 of them set up for tatankos get together, so ya go have fun and set up a tent and don't worry because you can now literally find them in every town !

Edit : reports seem to state that very few servers are still eating tents ... Make sure to find two before placing one down , as it very well could disappear still if you happen to be on one of these servers (seems to be barely any now, but just be careful , we have 5 tents set down and they are still here , maybe try and find another one and set yours down on a private hive ?)

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Sorry, I didn't read the entire thread, but I can report that for ca 12 hours, I haven't found a single cooking-related item - no matches, pots/pans, stoves or tripods. Can anyone confirm or disconfirm this?

I only found a box of matches. Seeing noone else did, i might have come across a dropped item from another player.

No pots or tripods for me.

Ekhem...Do Developers know about bug with all sounds?When it will be fixed?Such as : in Cherno someone start to reload and all server hear this.Or someone starts to fill bottle from waterpump and again all server hear this?

They, do, been like that forever and will probably be like that for some time. Iirc the sound system is getting a complete overhaul / new implementation .. not sure which. We will have that till then.

I searched this thread, Found no answers and didn't feel like reading 32 pages so

Has anyone tried growing bell peppers or tomatoes?

I grew lots then ate lots and I couldn't get from dark green energized to light green energized.

I could get stuffed but I couldn't seem to gain anymore energy.

The empty slots in this tent were filled with bell peppers and tomatoes, I ate all of them and still no more energy.

XORGEX2.jpg

I would report the bug but I want to see if anyone else had the same issue first.

No bug, tomatoes and bell peppers simply suck energy wise. Check out dayzdb.com go to Database -> Items and search for them. You need 1000 energy to get from dark green to light green. And keep in mind that your stomach fills up, too. Grow Pumpkins :)

Got a very important question for u guys, tomorrow me and a friend drinked water from water pond, i got damp by doing that, and then several minutes after Sick.

i dehydrated very fast and need to drink every several minutes, i eated some Terratycline Antybiotics but it didnt helped me out. 

Had a plenty messages "I feel worn-out" "I Feel tired"

we have searched whole town for charcoal tabs but unfortunately we didnt find it.

Friend told me to drink until vomiting, and it helps -> my sick status went off and i was energized and hydrated. we move along and several minutes later i got red message "I feel rumble in my bowels" and get very dark red Sick status" i logged out, what is happening to me? am i dying?

is that new disase "Cholera"?

Sorry for bad english writing i hope you all understand me.

Seems like you got cholera. Antibiotics should help I think. Always keep in mind that the last sickness indicator update is only shown. So if you drink until vomiting, your sickness indicator is updated ... means it vanishes, BUT you still got cholera. Now when your bowel movement started going all nuts, you got your next sickness indicator. You supposedly don't get cholera from wells, don't drink from ponds or fill bottles and use water purification. Just for science, please try to ride cholera out without medical treatment but only drink from wells while doing it. Would be interesting to have feedback about untreated cholera.

Sorry, I didn't read the entire thread, but I can report that for ca 12 hours, I haven't found a single cooking-related item - no matches, pots/pans, stoves or tripods. Can anyone confirm or disconfirm this?

The whole thread has that discussion in several places ... confirmed that they are rare but there.

• Like 2

I just hope the devs find some way to give us potatoes again. I understand removing all veggies/fruit from spawning because they'd all be rotten and so just having seeds here and there is great (assuming that was the reasoning behind this). Having a potato at all times in my inventory was a crucial and valued part of my survival strategy, I miss it. :(

This game is unbearable now. you get 2 feet from a zombie and hes punching you out like hes got machine guns for arms. 3-6 hits with an axe to kill the damn things. and im also pretty sure the persistence is now broken. I was on a server for the last three days, and the only loot i find are hats, cargo short-pants things, and boots. and theyve all been in the same spot for the last 3 days. Unless theyre going for uber realistic apocalypse where you go into a building and find absolutely nothing, no furniture, paintings, empty cans, just an empty room. I dont know.

Is it me, or it's harder to find some usefull stuff since update?!

Edited by godandmaker

I think it may be you because I think stuff is more plentiful than before. ;-) I am on my third character with this update and today will be the fourth day for him. I am actually really liking this update now that I am used to it! My player is ready for anything! Oh, I did lose an AK-74 and an AKS-74U because of a server restart, but that's probably my fault. Lol :-)

Oh, how come the SKS doesn't show how much ammo is in it? It only shows to have one round, but it says that it's full when I try to load it.

Edited by ShoobieStomper

It might be you, i found plenty of food,soda, ammo for certain weapons and even grenades. I hope I find some bandit and blow back to hell :P  :P

It seems like low value items are taking way, way too long to degrade. I logged off on a particular private hive server over 24 hours ago, logged in just now and the items I remember passing by yesterday are still there in perfect condition. If this is the way loot respawn works then eventually servers are just going to be chock full of completely worthless items that nobody picks up.