boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

ohohoh, is it possible that we are hearing all shots again? I did not miss one today at least...

ohohoh, is it possible that we are hearing all shots again? I did not miss one today at least...

Don't think so. I shot a zombie with a Mosin yesterday and my friend was about 20 metres away and heard nothing.

• Like 2

Don't think so. I shot a zombie with a Mosin yesterday and my friend was about 20 metres away and heard nothing.

I was scoping out the NEAF and watching a zombie moving around by the hangar... it then dropped and a guy ran out from about 50 feet away. I was probably 100 feet away... Looked like it was shot to me- but I was surprised I didn't hear anything. Looks like it's not a coincidence. 

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 1

Seriously...

Why is it so dam hard to trust some people telling their bad experience ?-snip-

I've followed some of your posts Zboub and often agree with your comments. I know you don't fit that mold....

I did say in my quote that not all people fall into the lazy PvP group that "complained" about loot spawn.

Just know that anyone that rages on an Alpha patch, taking it personally, or attacking the devs work, isn't really aware of what's going on here from any perspective.

They can't handle testing or don't know the way DayZ is headed.

IF I didn't understand the nature of Alpha or the goals for DayZ game play mechanics I would write posts being super critical and ranting negatively.

When you do understand these important factors, it draws perspective around the steps of development that help you deal with glitches and ALL the problems that Alpha brings with it.

I personally just have a low tolerance for ignorance.

• Like 1

Responded with some of my findings in green:

Some comments to this list.

• M4A1 or any of its attachments this is a helicopter crash only spawn. - Not seen one either
    • Heli
  • FNX (but did find a mag) ditto - I have seen the gun and mag in game, not sure were its orginialy looted, but it was looted in 0.55
    • Heli
  • AK101 or its mags - have not found one of these yet either Not seem them yet
    • Haven't seen them
  • 5.56x45 ammo - appears not to spawn - does spawn, cant ive exact location thou
    • ​Spawns at heli sites and specific other sites
  • .45 ACP ammo - appears not to spawn, although you can find full 1911 mags - same, get them from 1911 mags only
    • Helis
  • AKM (though someone else said they did) - appears not to spawn to us - Have fun alot of AKM´s in "ruined jeeps"
    • ​Specific vehicles spread throughout various cities
  • Winchester Alaskan (but the ammo for it is everywhere) this gun is not ingame yet. the .308 is also for the blaze and longhorn
  • CR527 mags - appears not to spawn - spawns at "ruined jeeps"
    • ​Seen it at the Police station
  • P1 mags i have found several of these - same
    • ​Same
  • 7.62x54 ammo (though I did find a Mosin stripper clip) have found this several times -same
    • Rare, found it at police stations... I think
  • MP5K buttstocks - not seen a single one, but have found mp5 rails and comps which are relatively rare so it might still spawn -havent seen any so far
    • ​Seen them, just don't remember where
  • SVD (is it in?) - not in

I did find an FNX, MRD scope and magazine for it. It was all at US heli crashes. I found a CZ75 mag in Vybor's police station.

My observations about servers are: there are still some where the tent doesn't stay on. They have more loot however, just no persistence. 

I change clothes more often than a girl on a shopping spree. As a sideeffect I find myself talking to my friends about what clothes we are currently wearing. Which is weird. I found a damaged Smersh vest, met a zombie one minute later, got hit twice and had a ruined smersh vest. Not fair! 

Still no gas cookers, cartridges, cooking pots or matches in sight. Locking in zombies is fun. Finding a house where someone else locked zombies in is less fun. On the whole, I am enjoying myself. Couple of fixes in 0.56, instead just adding new stuff, pls. Funny as it is, I don't see outhouses as the main loot spawn in the future. 

Edited by S3V3N

After all of the complaints about how difficult it is to find things you're gonna call me crazy when I say that I think some types of item are still a bit too common, especially in the northern portion of the map. I found like 3 tents in half an hour after looting Novaya Petrovka and surrounding areas earlier. High end clothing like TTSKO jacket/pants were everywhere, food was definitely rarer but still fairly easy to find if you searched houses thoroughly and I found numerous military vests including a high-capacity vest in civilian houses. All of these things should not have been so common in my opinion. On the other hand there were a bunch of items that I expected to find in droves but didn't catch a glimpse of. For example I didn't find a single pot, pan or match.

On a positive note I loved how rare weapons were. Didn't find a single one in the whole of Petrovka which was great imo. I know many will disagree with me there but I think it was refreshing. Weapons should be the rarest find in DayZ, no ifs or buts. Coincidentally I believe one of the devs said that guns were the only item that had been properly configured within the central economy so hopefully we can look forward to a nice balanced loot table once they get around to configuring everything else.

Edited by Count_Blackula

hi guys. jumped on for the first time today, still had my gas cooker, gas bottle and cooking pot from .54, but for some reason, my steaks would not cook. is anyone else having this issue?

Totally crap update. Baddest in half year. Loot respawns random, military bases are empty, crap in military tents, crap in all cities. All melee weapons do same damage to zeds. Single zeds ruin all your top loot in secs. Unplayable... crap.

Devs, please return old respawn tables, like it was before persistence and just make hard to jump throught servers!

Mr Jizz, on 06 Apr 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:snapback.png

I have yet to see the following:

• M4A1 or any of its attachments this is a helicopter crash only spawn
  • FNX (but did find a mag) ditto
  • AK101 or its mags - have not found one of these yet either
  • 5.56x45 ammo -  FOUND ONE BOX in a Jeep
  • .45 ACP ammo - appears not to spawn, although you can find full 1911 mags
  • AKM (though someone else said they did) -  Found ONE
  • Winchester Alaskan (but the ammo for it is everywhere) this gun is not ingame yet. the .308 is also for the blaze and longhorn
  • CR527 mags - appears not to spawn
  • P1 mags i have found several of these
  • 7.62x54 ammo (though I did find a Mosin stripper clip) have found this several times
  • MP5K buttstocks -

updated

almost died of cholera. consumed like 12 charocal tabs and 4 antibiotics. i was red sick and now i logged out on yellow sick. at least the 'i feel a rumble in my bowels' message is gone that popped up every 5 min or so. let's see if i get healthy again as i have already consumed all the meds i had and for the life of me i can't find more.

i was very lucky because there weren't almost any players in my private shard server so i could nurse myself back to health in peace. i don't know if i'm gonna be alright, but staying hydrated and energized was key. everytime the hydrated indicator vanished i started losing blood. like i said i was lucky to have all those meds with me. if you drink pond water in 0.55 you're gonna have a bad time. will update once i either die or the long awaited healthy status appears.

Edited by burrito95

I'll chime in, in green

I have yet to see the following:

• M4A1 or any of its attachments this is a helicopter crash only spawn

I have never found an M4 ever.

• FNX (but did find a mag) ditto

FNX CR75 (not FNX) spawn in/on cop cars. I've found two. The mags seem to be only spawning at the prison island and on the doorstep of an unenterable building with bars on the windows. I've got a silenced CR75 which is sweet. Not sure if the silencer works on zombies though. Seems to sometimes, but not others? Dropping a zombie with a shot to the head with this weapon is very satisfying.

• AK101 or its mags - have not found one of these yet either

After days of searching, I have yet to see an AK101 or its mags. But I have found multiple mags for the AK74, plus a few Supressor east and PSO scopes. So, I am really eager to get one.

• 5.56x45 ammo -  FOUND ONE BOX in a Jeep

Haven't seen any boxes.

• .45 ACP ammo - appears not to spawn, although you can find full 1911 mags

Haven't seen any boxes of this ammo either, but mags spawn at the prison island and on the doorsteps of the unenterable building with bars on the windows.

• AKM (though someone else said they did) -  Found ONE

Haven't seen one. Found a few mags though. I did find an AK74 in a cop car on Friday, but have yet to see another.

Found plenty of .ammo for this.

• CR527 mags - appears not to spawn

Haven't seen any of this, but it's not something I#d be looking for.

• P1 mags i have found several of these

Found a few, plus a few of the guns as well.

• 7.62x54 ammo (though I did find a Mosin stripper clip) have found this several times

Haven't seen any of this ammo, but have found plenty 7.62x39.

• MP5K buttstocks -

Not a single one. But the gun spawns in some police stations and in cop cars. Not as regular as the RAK though and mags for both spawn at police stations and on the prison island. The nice red dot optics don't appear to be spawning either.  :(  Pity, as it's fast becoming my weapon of choice. The fire rate is wicked.

Haven't seen one, but everybody says it's not in.

Edited by Tonyeh

Actually, I just checked. I have a CR75 and a couple of mags, not the FNX.

They look almost the same.

almost died of cholera. consumed like 12 charocal tabs and 4 antibiotics. i was red sick and now i logged out on yellow sick. at least the 'i feel a rumble in my bowels' message is gone that popped up every 5 min or so. let's see if i get healthy again as i have already consumed all the meds i had and for the life of me i can't find more.

i was very lucky because there weren't almost any players in my private shard server so i could nurse myself back to health in peace. i don't know if i'm gonna be alright, but staying hydrated and energized was key. everytime the hydrated indicator vanished i started losing blood. like i said i was lucky to have all those meds with me. if you drink pond water in 0.55 you're gonna have a bad time. will update once i either die or the long awaited healthy status appears.

That's crazy. I have been drinking pond water by the gallon with no problems at all!

Indeed, I found a Mosin and spent around three hours since looking and no joy but even earlier nothing and you're spot on about the RAK as I came across two at once and found a ton of ammo for it thank the lord as even with the stealthy, stealthy approach I still get the odd oh look a Zed wanting to bum me and eat my brains out!...

Spawns in with Mosin in hand as RAK is main, Zed attacks me drop Mosin kill Zed and friend, Mosin now bugged and cannot be picked up again, 10 mins later I found ammo and then box...Oh DayZ you cheeky!...ah well guess I'm on the hunt for a new one!...

This topic will start to create a lot of confusion because it was said that persistence is a core feature and everyone assumes that persistence is enabled and working on Public hive, but also it was confirmed that GameServers and Multyplay have issues with persistence and loot distribution is affected on this servers. So people talking about what they found and if loot is rare or not is pointless now, it depends on which (Public) server you play. I personally found 4 or 5 MP5 mags in a police station in west and a lot of canned food but I was playing on GameServers...

In my opition this topic should be closed as soon as ALL public servers are working as intended, then create a new 0.55 topic to talk about how hard is to survive now.

Edited by lucianpin

Couple of things glitched from my tent over night. Ammo boxes. Might have been there wasn't enough space, but I always try to keep one or two slots in the tent free, so nothing gets deleted. Didn't help this time. I'm glad everything else is still there!

anyone find any AK 101 or 74? All I can seem to find are SKS and SU.

Edited by S3V3N

Couple of things glitched from my tent over night. Ammo boxes. Might have been there wasn't enough space, but I always try to keep one or two slots in the tent free, so nothing gets deleted. Didn't help this time. I'm glad everything else is still there!

We found ak 74s around wrecked tanks, jeeps (not sure if it was at both) and in police cars.

Concerning persistance, when I log into my main private slice, I get a server message that persistance testing is disabled until further message ... but iirc I read somewhere here that disabling persistance on servers results in bugged loot ... can't find it again though ... we checked two towns on the server before logging out, a police car had loot, v3s' were there, but we did not find a single piece of "regular" loot. If someone remembers where the info concerning that was, could you point me to the correct post? Gotta get them admins to activate it again... .

EDIT: FOUND INFO

Edited by bautschi

Still have no persistence on many public Vilayer servers, particularly GA and TX, that I know of.  Tents and trucks continue to constantly disappear.  I understand that it's Alpha and blah blah blah, but STOP telling us it's fixed when it's not.  Also, to the line of reasoning that you can release such a BROKEN update and write it off as "research environment...data needed...alpha version," well the problem is that you aren't getting dick for research data if the update is so crappy that half of us aren't ACTUALLY playing it.  Why should I try to subsist off the land when I can't store anything I find/produce?  Why should I search and loot when I can't keep anything?  Why should I find a truck only to lose it in 4 hours?  Why would you make such a huge deal about mandatory persistence and then have a TON of servers that are STILL not persisting?

Still have no persistence on many public Vilayer servers, particularly GA and TX, that I know of.  Tents and trucks continue to constantly disappear.  I understand that it's Alpha and blah blah blah, but STOP telling us it's fixed when it's not.  Also, to the line of reasoning that you can release such a BROKEN update and write it off as "research environment...data needed...alpha version," well the problem is that you aren't getting dick for research data if the update is so crappy that half of us aren't ACTUALLY playing it.  Why should I try to subsist off the land when I can't store anything I find/produce?  Why should I search and loot when I can't keep anything?  Why should I find a truck only to lose it in 4 hours?  Why would you make such a huge deal about mandatory persistence and then have a TON of servers that are STILL not persisting?

Why are you so angry? Chill the fuck out.

Why are you so angry? Chill the fuck out.

Aforementioned issues.  I guess it's more just frustration.  I like the gameplay changes, and would love to take more time with it, but it really sucks for persistence to be so unreliable on different servers, and every day I see new tickets popping to report the issue, and every day I see new dev responses that the issues are totally fixed.  And, as others have mentioned, Eugen's global persistence wipe with zero prior notice was idiotic.

yeap. mags included.

I love the direction of the development and most things in .55 there are a couple things about the V3S that I think still need worked out.

1. It is a military transport truck not a civilian car yet I run into one road sign at 20mph and boom no tires. Really... 

2. I drove about 4 miles on a full tank and ran it completely empty in just 4 miles. Really...

3. Ok, so the tires are flat but there are no spare tires around. (Don't implement the flat tire functionality if there is not way to repair)

I'd like someone to explain to me how you would open an aluminum can with just a stone knife IRL. Is this a feature in DayZ?  I've never bothered to try,

Simple:

1. you take a stone knife and you stab a can of beans until you get a hole in it.

2. try to open the hole with knife so you can get beans out

3. watch in horror as 70-80% of your hard earned beans spill on the ground, while you are starving to death

4. eat 12% remaining, notice no change to starving to death

5. leave lost beans on the ground for the ants, even though starving to death

• Like 2