boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

correct me if I misunderstand you, but if you make them less durable, we will need new items in the game, like "improvised backpack - the guts version" that will disolve after 5 hours of gameplay or has less armor or...of course that goes for all things guts related.

I wouldn't go as far as disolving ropes on improvised backpack. Just giving the normal rope a bit of the "edge" by not tearing appart after n-shots/or without possiblity to tear if you use it as a bowstring. A possibility that the rope can tear when you catch a carp.

I only suggest this because othervise there would be no real point searching for a standard rope anymore.

Making it less reliable would maybe somehow balanced it out.

Edited by halp
  • Like 1

Ok, you've made this game a lot harder now, and i welcome that but you need to balance hungry,thirsty and dying of starvation status. It's not that realistic to die of starvation after 1 hour of playing. 

Um, we spawn near starving and dehydrated already with lower than full blood.

"THE TICKING CROCK!!"

iD9ET1J.jpg

I love how difficult the game is with this patch but you've taken the lack of food too far. 

I wouldn't go as far as disolving ropes on improvised backpack. Just giving the normal rope a bit of the "edge" by not tearing appart after n-shots/or without possiblity to tear if you use it as a bowstring. A possibility that the rope can tear when you catch a carp.

I only suggest this because othervise there would be no real point searching for a standard rope anymore.

Making it less reliable would maybe somehow balanced it out.

Well, standard rope means you don't have to kill an animal for it, which for a new spawn is nice. Even later on, it saves you the trouble.

Obviously. The point is you wouldn't have to enter town just to get the rope. I always disliked this.

A Bow is a great starting weapon to kill a chicken or two. Or to RP some indians/robins.

Say i wanna start a character that lives purely from the land; its impossible due to two things; Ropes and matches.

It's somewhat silly to craft improvised knife, gather feathers, an ashwood stick .. and than you travel downtown cherno 'cause you need a rope. You know that usualy ended by walking out with mosin+LRS+what not before you even found one. Only animal you can still kill on foot is a chicken (and im not even sure if it drops guts).

And same goes with matches, by the time you find them, you're probably energized on peaches already.

That's the whole point why would i like crafted ropes and an alternative to matches (get flint/quartz from the rock using pickaxe).

We already got impro. knife that is, imo, best knife ingame due to one slot. We still have steak knife, hunting knife, kitchen knife, combat knife, machette, hatchet & some others.

Another type of rope wont kill anyone. Im not even asking for the best rope, on contrary, i would be happy with a weaker, temporary one.

Edited by halp

I was thinking that some sort of improvised needle from bone (like we do with fishing hooks) + small animal guts could make for a nice improvised leather stitching kit. I still haven't found matches but I did get a flare... Now I just need a pot.

Should be able to skewer meat on a wooden stick and then manually cook the food over an open fire. Could work in a similar way to fishing.

• Like 1

Why, oh why are the sword and mace nerfed?!?  They are somewhat rare after all, right?  My friends and I found one of each last night and tried them out.  Jesus, just about got those guys killed trying to take down a single zed each.  I counted at least 10 body hits with the mace before it went down.  The sword did slightly better.  I'm not saying they should be one-hitters but its somewhat of an insult to the classification of weapon IMO.

Since I'm on the subject of swords...  I think it would be awesome to have a Highlander mini-game where whenever a player meets another player they have to sword fight, continuing until one player is left, because...  well...  there can be only one!  Probably make for a good modded game after full release.

Great, now I have Cholera from drinking all that dirty pond water. But it was either this or death by projectile vomiting.

In retrospect, I shouldn't have tried to drown my sorrows in rubbing alcohol.

Vitamins. Antibiotics. Vitamins. Antibiotics.

Painkillers? Why not. If House can function on them, why can't I?

Can't stop giggling. Either I'm starting to go mad or that bambi steak is finally catching up to me. Is there even a difference?..

The tremors are manageable. The trick is to time your shots between them.

Antibiotics. My stomach is grumbling again.

Teaming up doesn't sound like a bad idea anymore. If anything, I'll have a mobile larder that follows me around.

Only 4 rounds of Mosin ammo left. I better save one for myself…

• Like 3

Zombies are so shit that before discovering that my tents had disappeared and uninstalling the game I just stopped engaging them in melee. I kept running away since once you start running there is nothing they can do against you. Is that how zombies are supposed to be? I hope not.

all of your shit is going to disappear, vanish, get wiped and all that more than a few times, probably, before full release... so you might want to save yourself the heartache and uninstall until then.

• Like 1

Hey, are cooking pots rare now, or am I just looking in the wrong places? I don't find them on stoves anymore and haven't seen one in ages. But I've also been avoiding the big cities quite a bit. Loot respawn seems a lot better than yesterday, and I find more food again. Healing after zombie attacks is pretty fast, which is cool. I had no need to use saline yet, although they seem a lot more common in houses now. Didn't find a single piece of fruit or vegetable. 

When you play with a friend it's really fun going around and shooting zombies together. I was lucky enough to find chopper crashes and they seem to respawn correctly (with loot around it not far away). Lot of ammo at these crashes now. Pretty useful if you have an Ak-101! 

The amount of loot in toilets is hilarious. My new favorite locations are:

- deerstands

- outhouses

- small military building (porch)

- UAZ jeepwreck

- parking lots

- yellow 2 storey building

- busstops

- yellow watchtowers at military/prison

I can't complain about not finding enough food or weapons. Weapons seem a bit rarer than before, but if you find some UAZ' or BRDM', there is surely going to be something to shoot theret! Haven't seen a Magnum since 0.54. One gripe I have is with the randomness of zombies doing damage at the moment. Sometimes half my clothes are ruined after two hits, sometimes 4 hits do no damage to clothes at all. I prefer not to get hit, but in the beginning I was running around without any ammo today, since our tents despawned yesterday; took my sidearms with them. I'd like a little less damage (to clothes) in total and less random hit detection or whatever is regulating the damage amount. 

-> the character status is still a bit messed up. I am clearly shaking when I look through a scope, although I'm not cold or sick. Painkillers and a heatpack did nothing, but I know a fireplace will cure this. It's been an issue for a while now.  

Really, I hope the tents stay now and the game will be awesome! The trucks have improved significantly in handling, though the road and trees sometimes damage it on plain road. The zombies still party on the back of trucks. And after a restart, I found myself back at the location I had started from five minutes earlier. It's like it rolled back the location and spawn of the truck quite a bit. 

For me, a lot of good came out of this stable patch and the only thing I can really complain about is that the tents are not forced to stay persistent and we keep losing gear. There seem to be tons of trucks though, so gearing up is fun and quick now. Had a good day today, now looking for a tent. Keeping up the hope it will stay :)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

mace was like this in 054

That doesn't help my understanding why they are (still) nerfed.  Why add things that are designed as deadly weapons but do the same damage as things that were not, like brooms and hockey sticks (though a babushka could wield a broom like a ninja most likely, and most Ukrainian/Chernarussian youth could probably hunt deer with hockey sticks by the time they reach puberty)

Tents still not staying. I bet the farm plot will go hand in hand with them. I bet it's an exciting time at Bohemia right now! Keep up the incredible work, the other "survival fps" games have no idea what to do.

The trucks have improved significantly in handling, though the road and trees sometimes damage it on plain road. The zombies still party on the back of trucks. And after a restart, I found myself back at the location I had started from five minutes earlier. It's like it rolled back the location and spawn of the truck quite a bit.

Known issue. If logged out / disconnected inside a truck, the truck currently spawns at the last location it was at before the disconnect, but the character spawns at the last point where you got into the truck.

Edited by Veyda

Anyone else wondering if the reason tons of loot spawns in outhouses is because the devs want to test player sickness?

To put it another way, do you think we increase the likelihood of getting sick by investigating every outhouse we come across?

fyi my backpack disappeared on restart... be careful dropping it.

We need more cooking pots and tripods. I've been all over the map and they just can't be found. Even in an apocalypse pots and pans would be an easy find in the big cities.

Edited by =PR=IRISH
  • Like 3

I love this game and I can deal with all the flaws etc as I understand it is still in Alpha. I have to ask though... what the hell has happened to the loot spawns now? I have died like 3 times as a fresh spawn now due to searching and not finding any food or seeds to plant. I'm not gonna bitch and moan but this is unacceptable. Please fix this asap! :-)

Lotsa love,

iDrinkPipsi

New sound effects for firing and reloading a Steyr AUG. Now we can hear the difference between the M4 and the AUG. Sound pretty sweet and accurate too.  :thumbsup:  

2ds3k09.jpg

Now I'd really like to have that "fire" sound effect you hear when a V3S gets destroyed added to camp fires!  B)

• Like 1

all of your shit is going to disappear, vanish, get wiped and all that more than a few times, probably, before full release... so you might want to save yourself the heartache and uninstall until then.

LMAO. I haven't lost a character or any kind of stuff during the last 2 updates so don't write shit. Also I have more than 1300 hours on DayZ so don't tell me how the game should be played. I'm saying that this update broke the game and that I have no intention to play until the next one. That's how it is.

Edited by Karakoz
  • Like 1

Known issue. If logged out / disconnected inside a truck, the truck currently spawns at the last location it was at before the disconnect, but the character spawns at the last point where you got into the truck.

If you logged or a server restart you spawn at the last location your feet were on the ground but the truck spawns where it was when driving it.

A disconnect as in a kick or unplugging your network cable etc. had me spawning right beside the truck at the location of said disconnect. I noticed this when my sat internet hiccoughed and confirmed it later with a manual unplugging. 

I haven't tried in a few weeks though.

• Like 1

We need more cooking pots and tripods. I've been all over the map and they just can't be found. Even in an apocalypse pots and pans would be an easy find in the big cities.

Yeah, sadly there's a workaround for tripods, not for pots/pans. :(

Apparently they do exist, other people have found them but not me yet. I also haven't seen any gas canisters/camp stoves/gas lanterns.

No sewing kits earlier (this may be intentional, way too easy before to keep stuff eternally "worn"). I kinda like my collection of ramshackle clothes now.

i really like this update!theres not much loot but its good ..it change the routine of looting for the best looking outfit or ect..it is more survival ,using environnement to live longer or die !!!but i find that the loot is spawning in those little dry toilet behind house...i should keep the secret for me but you ll see, look in those and maybe it will give you those 500 steps u need to survive longer

Ekhem...Do Developers know about bug with all sounds?When it will be fixed?Such as : in Cherno someone start to reload and all server hear this.Or someone starts to fill bottle from waterpump and again all server hear this?

its a nice update but 2 things I don't like about the update

Zombies are way too strong (Nerfed) 

seems to be no loot on any servers.

Edited by Thumper1999