The Vampire Lestat

How Often Do You Meet Survivors?

In my experience, survivor encounters are even rarer than zombie encounters. I didn't actually "meet" one (or more accurately, I met his bullet) until several weeks after I first got the game. Everyone seems to have lots of stories of interactions with other survivors but I really don't see very many. I'm traveling down south to either Cherno or Elektro, so I'll probably encounter more there. I know the usual strategy is to move North after getting good gear.

Actually most sessions I don't see a single person and it's kind of sad. Maybe I should try being a coast rat.

• Like 3

Actually most sessions I don't see a single person and it's kind of sad. Maybe I should try being a coast rat.

Don't give in!!

LOL

Do they plan on raising the server cap? I know H1Z1's servers cap at 200, if I'm not mistaken.

Since I started up again last week I've:

Watched as a guy cleaned out the barracks building in the military base near the south, killed the zombies in front of the hospital before clearing out the other barracks. 

Was presumably killed by someone on top of the lonely construction site on the far west side of the map.

As well met a new friend in the tent section of the NWAF.

I saw him in the tents and I was approaching from the airfield, his friends has just left so we were the only ones on. So I hid behind the hesco's to wait to see what he'd do, and he ended up coming right at me, so I called  out his nic, (found out after the initial encounter my mic was cutting in and out so it took allot of guts and good nature on his part to trust the situation at all), after a couple tries we were able to inform each other of our peaceful nature, and then he got really excited to show me the trucks near us, which I had no clue you could use. So he proceeded to teach me how to use the truck, and after a race up the runway, we decided to drive to the island prison.

Oh yeah, I think I got axed or took one in the head the first time I explored the prison. I walked into the one room on the left where the AK74's spawn near the rear of the guard house, and stood there frozen trying to take in the massive amount of loot before me, when...... You are dead.

I don't often meet people, I tend to see them.

Past experience has taught me to leave people alone if I'm playing by myself.

• Like 2

In my experience, survivor encounters are even rarer than zombie encounters. I didn't actually "meet" one (or more accurately, I met his bullet) until several weeks after I first got the game. Everyone seems to have lots of stories of interactions with other survivors but I really don't see very many. I'm traveling down south to either Cherno or Elektro, so I'll probably encounter more there. I know the usual strategy is to move North after getting good gear.

Well that depends how you play.

- How full the server is and which capacity it has

- In coast towns like Berezino, Electro, Cherno and Novo are usually some players

- In the woods you'll probably never really going to meet someone in the villages chances are a bit higher

- North-west airfield (and the other military bases) are even more visited if the server is not completely full (from my experience)

- The more loot a place has the more players will be around

- In my experience Zelenogorsk has become a place where chances of meeting a player are high, since a lot of truck spawns are in that city. Most of them are not friendly though.

I meet people every time I play but as others have said it depends how and where you play.. The southern Coastal towns always have loads of people around. Many times there are big groups as well.. In land you will never see another soul. Novo normally has a few people around but I've always been Kos'd there!

I've been playing this game for a some hours now, probably less than you and I found another player 4 hours into the game. But the thing is, I'm not sure you want to meet other players. It seems most people get trigger happy when they see another player. 

But I would think if you got on a populated server and traveled to a large city, you would probably find more people.      or their bullets. 

Well, ask yourself... what is DayZ all about?

DayZ is not CS:GO, and certainly not meeting people around every corner.

DayZ is all about the lack of food and water, lack of resources and lack of social interaction. Which makes the event of lucky loot or meeting another player or even a group a heart pounding experience. Don´t fall for the impression that youtubers give you from the game. They tend to hang around the hot spots of the map, forcing interaction to make their business (streaming and Lets plays) more appealing to the viewer. Some of them even get geared up by the server owners so they play on their server.

We play on full 50 player servers and tend to keep away from the hotspots and we rarely have any interaction with other groups. So we survive and have a great time. Getting into a firefight with a 3 week old char is scary as shit and will blow your mind (and brain, occasionally), which makes the experience even more intense. Keep away from hotspots, keep out of trouble and you will live.

Go to Cherno, find a meelee and whack people. You can play DayZ like this, but you´ll miss the point of the game completely.

Edited by dayzjarhead
  • Like 3

I see people every day. I meet and talk to people maybe every other day. I get killed by people every other day. Seems like there is something coinciding.

-snip-

Do they plan on raising the server cap? -snip-

Yes.

When server stability and client side stability reach a certain point they will begin raising server population limits.

There have been 75 & 100 person servers that have been up short term (mostly in experimental builds I believe) for testing purposes but they often don't stay on the server list long.

I avoid people most often.

I sometimes try to chat and find out if the player is friendly/neutral if the situation is right.

I often am just looking for an impromptu trade....

We should also see some changes to player interaction when the zombies are improved and there are more of them.

There's still 20 months left of development to go until 1.0!

Edited by BioHaze

It seems like the people who are less geared are more friendly I'd stay away from people in full military clothes & gear. It's not like they're all bad but most likely they didn't get that M4 just to make friends

• Like 2

I don't see people very often. Most of the time when I do see somebody it's because they're driving a car, so I can hear them a mile off. 

Last time I played I was wondering through the woods and this guy just guns it past me, completely oblivious that I was there. Could easily have shot him as he ran by, but I didn't. Was tempted, though.

Thanks for all of your replies! I've mainly been wanting to eat some long pig. It's sad when a cannibal can't find his preferred meal  :lol:

You may not run into people, but trust me their is almost always someone watching you

• Like 1

I have had this game for a long time, but I am just now able to play it because I had to upgrade my computer. Man, it is tough! When I really need a player... I can't find one or they don't understand me. I was low on blood, but I had two saline bags in pristine condition. When I found someone to ask for help, he was acting crazy. I asked him if he could help and then he started running around. He gets right in front of me and drops a Mosin with 10 rounds... both in pristine condition. I went unconscious before I could even look at it. :-/ I was playing again just now and some fresh spawn was running behind me. He started to talk and act as if he was friendly. He then punches me twice and knocks me unconscious. Yay, so fun! I was a little low on blood because a stupid zombie glitched through a wall and caught me off guard and then like three or four others started chasing me. That's when I encountered someone. I'm almost sick of playing. It is so hard for me to get geared up. I either find lots of ammo and no guns or vice versa.

Thanks for all of your replies! I've mainly been wanting to eat some long pig. It's sad when a cannibal can't find his preferred meal

Honestly, as it is lately, i see alllot more humans than pigs. The pig is a ninja.

Before i get my ghilie suit going i meet allot of them, most of them dont shot me in the back even if i give them the ammo/gun.

Once i get geared up, people can no longer trust me after I become one with the bushes and im fine with that. I just dont approach them, unless they're alone.

And not on coast.

Edited by halp

Honestly, as it is lately, i see alllot more humans than pigs. The pig is a ninja.

Before i get my ghilie suit going i meet allot of them, most of them dont shot me in the back even if i give them the ammo/gun.

Once i get geared up, people can no longer trust me after I become one with the bushes and im fine with that. I just dont approach them, unless they're alone.

And not on coast.

Halp. Buddy. Long pig is a slang term for eating human flesh. I only know this because I Googled it directly from his post. He's talking about eating people. 

• Like 1

You will find most players around the coast, I believe Electro and Berezino are the most crowded cities, also is where the most friendly players seems to be, maybe because most of them are unarmed. I never had a friendly encounter inland.

In my opinion going inland is really boring also because you can run for hours and don't find anybody even on full servers.

I hope they are working on increasing the number of players per server also.

Halp. Buddy. Long pig is a slang term for eating human flesh. I only know this because I Googled it directly from his post. He's talking about eating people.

:lol:

:blush:  i knew that...

ty

Edited by halp
  • Like 1

In a high populated server, if you want to see people stay near the coast or hot spots like prison island or the airfields. Though those spots won't generally be very welcoming.

I had a really good character and I lost him in a bloody encounter with another survivor lol.

I play on a 50 players server which is always full. I meet people almost every time I play. Even when I try to avoid them inland it happens regularly that suddenly someone tries to shoot me.

I guess it depends on the server you are playing on.

Last week I met a nice guy and we teamed up and played over an hour together until we both got killed by someone we never saw.

I enjoyed a nice meal with a friendly, until we were both attacked by bandits and gunned down. If I'm not mistaken, the leader of the bandits was saying he was friendly while he was pointing his rifle at us LOL!