lucianpin

Full auto weapons have nothing to do with Cernarus atmosphere, nor survival lifestyle

When in the midle of a town, you have no chance when someone is shooting at you with a fully automatic weapon. You really cann't defend yourself. This is so realistic indeed, but I think this kind of weapons is an exaggeration for a survival game where you find all kind of old weapons or vehicles on a russian land. Why this game should be so unbalanced? It is good the diversity of the weapons, but more balance would be great.

Full auto weapons should only be present in games like Arma 2/3 where people play in large squads and all angles can be secured.

I think that situations like this when two survivors are sprayed by an automatic weapon is not specific for a survival game where people would want to go finshing and hunting.

Either all automatic weapons are so pupular that everyone would have one, or automatic weapons do not exist so that everyone that is walking and is hit or hears gun shoots would have at least a second chance.

we hopefully will see People fighting each other with Sticks and Stones over the only 50% full can of beans in elektro :D

• Like 7

The best urban weapon is the double barrel shotgun. But anyway, I agree there are too many fully automatic war weapons available (but reducing their occurence would grant privileges to server owners even more).

• Like 1

I tell you that my last two deaths were from auto weapons. I usually survive long time (months), and play a lot every day. Many time gun shoots were fired at me and I always have a chance when running. But when full auto weapon is firing at me, I have no chance even when sprinting. AKM are so powerfull in real life, as I said it is very realistic that you have no chance in a town when some soldier with AKM is hunting you. What is this game about? Is it Arma or is it DayZ? Why "every" patch comes with a new machinegun?

Fully automatic war weapons should be available for mods of DayZ like "DayZ global offensive"

• Like 1

Welp...now you drift into whiney territory OP.

Dean with it as i feel the amouth of such weapons might be reduced further down the line.

• Like 4

Welp...now you drift into whiney territory OP.

Dean with it as i feel the amouth of such weapons might be reduced further down the line.

well yeah, If I will encounter a player with such a weapon once in a two months, let's say that it's good. But just knowing that when this is hapening is death for sure, what can I say...

When in the midle of a town, you have no chance when someone is shooting at you with a fully automatic weapon. You really cann't defend yourself.

If your standing in the middle of town like a moron expect the worse especially if you decide to join a high populated server. Your literally placing yourself as bait at that point.

a survival game where you find all kind of old weapons or vehicles on a russian land. Why this game should be so unbalanced? It is good the diversity of the weapons, but more balance would be great.

More modernized weapons would balance out allot of these older WW2 weapons. Im pretty sure a semi Russian like country can afford more than just some WW2 relics.

Full auto weapons should only be present in games like Arma 2/3 where people play in large squads and all angles can be secured.

I think that situations like this when two survivors are sprayed by an automatic weapon is not specific for a survival game where people would want to go finshing and hunting.

This is pretty much complete bullshit. Why limit weapons for everyone because you cant take the time to survive more carefully? If your so worried about getting hit why are you even looting huge towns and military facilities? In a real life situation yes ppl would probably be using mainly just rifles and crap guns like that but don't tell me for one minute if you could get ahold of a military grade weapon you wouldn't take advantage of it.

Either all automatic weapons are so pupular that everyone would have one, or automatic weapons do not exist so that everyone that is walking and is hit or hears gun shoots would have at least a second chance.

Getting rid of all traces of full automatic weapons would be completely unrealistic and stupid. So your telling me there would be no automatic weapons at all in a run down military facility compound? Suddenly all the good guns of the mighty Russian army suddenly fucking vanished for the sake of balance? Makes allot of sense lol.

Why "every" patch comes with a new machinegun?

Fuck i wish! Wheres my damn Mini gun? XD

• Like 6

Got to say, you are wrong. In a real world situation, which is apparently what everyone would want, there would be plenty of automatic weapons about. AKs and that sort of ilk, while not exactly plentiful, would certainly be available. And the heli crashes are a nice way to add weapons that perhaps wouldn't naturally be in the country. But you can not turn around and say that it would only be old rifles and shotguns as that clearly wouldn't be the case. Yes it can mean death if you get spotted by someone with an M4, so be careful and don't get spotted. Saying that, I can count on one hand how many times I have met someone in the last 6 months with an M4 or AK to be honest. So I don't know where you are running around but I am clearly in the right areas not get fully auto'd to death! But you can not remove weapons that would feasibly be available to someone in that situation just because you don't like getting shot by them. Besides, if they ever fix the server hopping bullcrap of people getting looted up then M4s will hopefully be a lot rarer on public servers. If you play on private servers I find them to be very rare to the point of not seeing a single person with one so far! AKs yes occasionally but not the M4s..

Edit: That was a ramble, sorry!

Edited by GaleKast
  • Like 3

I kinda recently made someone kill me because i wanted to get ridd of the acumulated gear and go back to mym old self :D  I had fullgeared smersh,huntigBB, fucking pullpump automatic, sawed of shotty lalalalalaa but i was too paranoied to go anywhere. Meet a nice dude on WOBO´s Server. travel with him for a bit. Faked a Revolver attack and he subsequently killed me. Wasent even mad because all i wanted was to die anyways...Sure could have just handed him the gear but eh..its dayZ afterall....

• Like 2

Got to say, you are wrong. In a real world situation, which is apparently what everyone would want, there would be plenty of automatic weapons about. AKs and that sort of ilk, while not exactly plentiful, would certainly be available. And the heli crashes are a nice way to add weapons that perhaps wouldn't naturally be in the country. But you can not turn around and say that it would only be old rifles and shotguns as that clearly wouldn't be the case. Yes it can mean death if you get spotted by someone with an M4, so be careful and don't get spotted. Saying that, I can count on one hand how many times I have met someone in the last 6 months with an M4 or AK to be honest. So I don't know where you are running around but I am clearly in the right areas not get fully auto'd to death! But you can not remove weapons that would feasibly be available to someone in that situation just because you don't like getting shot by them. Besides, if they ever fix the server hopping bullcrap of people getting looted up then M4s will hopefully be a lot rarer on public servers. If you play on private servers I find them to be very rare to the point of not seeing a single person with one so far! AKs yes occasionally but not the M4s..

Well even going from server to server is no guarantee of finding a fully decked out M4 or Stary Aug for quite some time. I found my first Aug yesterday at a crash site. So its taken quite a long time of hunting just to find one. But i dont play 24/7 though to. I mean if i played hard core maybe within a few weeks at best.

Ill tell you what though that bullpup gun is one hell of a nice one though for infected encounters.

• Like 1

I've killed more people with my SKS than the bubonic plague did, ten times over.

Just saying.

But you're correct, eastern bloc automatic rifles have no place in an eastern european setting, one where a military force has been active over the course of a campaign to quell a civil conflict.

You make me think of superintendent Chalmers from The Simpsons:

Superintendent Chalmers: “Thank the Lord”? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school.

God has no place within these walls, just like facts don’t have a place within an organized religion.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Well even going from server to server is no guarantee of finding a fully decked out M4 or Stary Aug for quite some time. I found my first Aug yesterday at a crash site. So its taken quite a long time of hunting just to find one. But i dont play 24/7 though to. I mean if i played hard core maybe within a few weeks at best.

Ill tell you what though that bullpup gun is one hell of a nice one though for infected encounters.

It indeed is. Found my via accident along the smersh...wiggeld through the North for a week and got fully bored while beign fully geared... :D

Ist more fun to Play with my "light loadout".  This whould idealy contain:

Jeans, uppergarment either raincoat ( maybe packed away ) , those new puffy jackets ( love them ) , crafted courier bag , the normal White mask and  if everything goes well the pistol Holster. Now THIS seems to be harder to find nowadays so i useally end up with a vest. Alas i ponder ditching it with the plate carrier across the board but that leaves me with Little Options of where to put the pistol as Long as the attachments are such a sucker to find. ( wich i normaly Store in protector cases if i dont have a Holster. )

Ideal weapons: Python and repeater. Sadly tho the bannan mags for the sporter seem megarare now.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

If your standing in the middle of town like a moron expect the worse especially if you decide to join a high populated server. Your literally placing yourself as bait at that point.

More modernized weapons would balance out allot of these older WW2 weapons. Im pretty sure a semi Russian like country can afford more than just some WW2 relics.

This is pretty much complete bullshit. Why limit weapons for everyone because you cant take the time to survive more carefully? If your so worried about getting hit why are you even looting huge towns and military facilities? In a real life situation yes ppl would probably be using mainly just rifles and crap guns like that but don't tell me for one minute if you could get ahold of a military grade weapon you wouldn't take advantage of it.

Getting rid of all traces of full automatic weapons would be completely unrealistic and stupid. So your telling me there would be no automatic weapons at all in a run down military facility compound? Suddenly all the good guns of the mighty Russian army suddenly fucking vanished for the sake of balance? Makes allot of sense lol.

Fuck i wish! Wheres my damn Mini gun? XD

I am not standing in the midle of a town, but even the best of the best soldier in real world could not defend alone by himself in city. This is for sure and you are not reading my post. I said that this IS realistic. The problem here is that you want a single game combining survival and Military simulation. What you are telling me is that I must not enter alone, or not enter at all in large cities. What? In a russian abandoned land? Populated by zombies...

Survive more carefully? - this is bullshit. I already told you I live long so I am careful, I shoot people and they shoot me.

Tell me if you or anyone here cand go in and out of a city where 3 players are hunting with AKMs. And tell me that you succesfully do this 10 /10 times.

"Getting rid of all traces of full automatic weapons would be completely unrealistic and stupid"

You are obsessed by realistic games. Missing automatic weapons is not unrealisitc nor stupid, it is just another type of game or another point of view. Depending of the "director of a movie drama", the survivor could travel all the russian land and never find an AKM. As simple as that if you understand.

I am very curious how can you imagine a real world situation? Have you ever experienced something similar? Russian army just died and all the AKMs are there? Then as I said, we survivors should all have one.

I sugest to stop the "real world" comparison, this game can become what we all want it to be. What if the russian army just left from their military buildings but taking AKMs with them?

Edited by lucianpin

I have to say another thing.

Enter an abandoned house, where grass is everywhere and you find a dusty ABANDONED weapon that you have to repair or clean first - with oil. Then go out through the open door, then sudently and MP5-K or PM73 RAK fires at you. You people really don't see the contrast? I like weapons in this game like every one of you, I would not play the game if I would not find a weapon, I like to pull the trigger, but can't you see the contrast I am talking about?

the gear u have on you doesnt count in 95% of the time. 

Situational Awareness is what counts !!! 

my last 2 AKM i picked up was from the cold fingers of over confident players.

the repeater rocks !!!

i now roll with an akm and a drummmag and i know for shure that i will lose it to an ambush or my own stupidity.

:P

• Like 3

the gear u have on you doesnt count in 95% of the time. 

Situational Awareness is what counts !!! 

my last 2 AKM i picked up was from the cold fingers of over confident players.

the repeater rocks !!!

i now roll with an akm and a drummmag and i know for shure that i will lose it to an ambush or my own stupidity.

:P

You are right, but what if the "gear" you have on you is just survival tools and items and you are going fishing. Ofcourse you take the shotgun with you for self-defence. Now I hope you understand that there are different styles of playing and different expectations with this game.

Yeah, like the other dude said, the game hasn't been released yet. But it is annoying how EVERYONE has a gun within 10 minutes of spawning, 20 minutes and they have full auto lol.

Are you saying that military personnel are using double barrel shot guns only? Come on OP.

This is an alpha game. They want people to test weapons and play with them. It's not a full game and balancing isn't needed as such.

Once they add more guns into the game and more realistic damage models rather than JUST base hp as it currently is, then full auto weapons will spread out. That being said, in real life if you had to choose between a double barrel or an ak with a 75 round drum, are you saying you would choose the double barrel?

Full auto guns are suppose to be good. It's called progressing forward.

That being said, the way the team is going with zombies and what not, running and gunning inside a town isn't a smart idea once they get zombies to their full number and proper Ai.

• Like 1

20 minutes and they have full auto lol

enlight me how if you spawn at the coast and you are not in the Position to just knock out some fullgeartard....

"lol"

@op

Wait till beta things will change. They are molding the game as we speak.

If you haven't learned by now, we are testing all weapons/items out.

Also I understand you want Dayz to stay vanilla, but do understand they will introduce mods down the road.

I am only rumoring what I read from the forums, but mods make up for a large part of things.

I would be very ok with weapons like this, since you will have a pack of zombies rushing you in .55

and groups of players. You need all you can find.

Try experimental .55 and see what you think.

You are right, but what if the "gear" you have on you is just survival tools and items and you are going fishing. Ofcourse you take the shotgun with you for self-defence. Now I hope you understand that there are different styles of playing and different expectations with this game.

what's that saying about brining a knife to a gun fight? so, because you walk into a town with a fishing pole and can opener everyone else should downgrade to your level of "shotgun for self defense" style of play?

you said yourself that there are different styles of play and expectations. you limit your style of play to the survivalist, live off the land type. and that's cool, nothing wrong with that. but don't expect anyone else to play the same.... especially when there's a huge chance they're carying that full auto weapon you believe is unfair.

@op

Wait till beta things will change. They are molding the game as we speak.

If you haven't learned by now, we are testing all weapons/items out.

Also I understand you want Dayz to stay vanilla, but do understand they will introduce mods down the road.

I am only rumoring what I read from the forums, but mods make up for a large part of things.

I would be very ok with weapons like this, since you will have a pack of zombies rushing you in .55

and groups of players. You need all you can find.

Try experimental .55 and see what you think.

I know what is .55.... Go stealth, see a player (walking slow and stealth too) you hold left mouse button for 0.8 seconds and you spray to death that player. You can kill him even running at full speed. That is full auto...

you said yourself that there are different styles of play and expectations. you limit your style of play to the survivalist, live off the land type. and that's cool, nothing wrong with that. but don't expect anyone else to play the same.... especially when there's a huge chance they're carying that full auto weapon you believe is unfair.

This will Change dramaticly as soon as canned goods get rarer...and i CANT wait for the nooblets crying fool because they cant find canned goods and actualy HAVE TO Play survival...harrrr *in a zombie-survival game* *cough*

• Like 1