Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

CR527 Carbine Talk

When it can mount a scope, it will be worth while. Until then, it's an underpowered POS. Nuff said

• Like 1

I've never seen a mag for the carbine, so I've never even picked one up. There is no point in wasting time with it, since the SKS and repeater are so plentiful and there is no need to go on a snipe hunt (for a magazine), in order to use them.

Every time I do manage to get a mag for this thing I die before actually getting to use it.  If the mags were more common it would probably be cool, but as is I have just never even seen one used in combat by my group or my enemies.

Also, some one tell Chris Torchia that this gun is already in the game (the joke is that the cr527 never has a mag and is this thing): http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222249-trello-chris-izh18-render/

=P

• Like 1

Every time I do manage to get a mag for this thing I die before actually getting to use it.  If the mags were more common it would probably be cool, but as is I have just never even seen one used in combat by my group or my enemies.

Also, some one tell Chris Torchia that this gun is already in the game (the joke is that the cr527 never has a mag and is this thing): http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222249-trello-chris-izh18-render/

=P

Im pretty sure that gun is still going to be better than the Carbine. Who knows though really till it gets put in. And it does say it packs a big punch sawed off so it might still be like almost 50% better for infected encounters.

I don't think the developers have plans to outright delete the scope. It would make more sense to transfer it to a new batch of weapons or at the very least make it harder to come by i would assume.

Deleting the scope would be utter bullshit in my opinion because hunting weapons normaly have good scopes on them. See my sig.

for german hunters the Zeiss 3-12 x56 is a must have on their hunting rifle. the lrs we have ingame at the moment is something like that. the only thing that bugs me about it are the shitty crosshairs that makes it so hard to estimate the distance to ur target. 

if we could put the lrs on the cr527 it would be the icing on my cake!

• Like 1

for german hunters the Zeiss 3-12 x56 is a must have on their hunting rifle. the lrs we have ingame at the moment is something like that. the only thing that bugs me about it are the shitty crosshairs that makes it so hard to estimate the distance to ur target.

LRS is a 1 kg $3000 tactical/precision scope, should have mil dots and not that weird duplexy reticle. However they did have a 12x scope in the files, I think Zeiss Terra 4-12x50, they should replace almost all LRS spawns with such hunting scopes.

• Like 1

I like this gun I've only killed one person w this and he wanted to die one shot i believe. The mag needs to be more common and the ammo needs to spawn in civ locals along w .45 acp and 9mm. At the same time decrease the rarity of the SKS extremely common more common than the sporter.

If the gun could be used normally without the magazine like an sks or mosin it could be worthwile til you find an sks. But as it is now its a one-shot wonder. I do however have two cr magazines on one of my characters for some reason. If it could mount the LRS scope it would be a very good gun though.

Edited by Killawife
  • Like 2

Well how about some kind of crafting method for mounting scopes on rifles that don't NORMALLY come with them but are still 100% doable and effective when used?

Like take for instance the screwdriver. There is currently no use for the damn thing. Or maybe being able to find rifle scope tool kits scattered thought areas you might normally find them in. Once you find one of these tools and the appropriate screws you can effectively mount the scope via that way onto the Carbine in general and other rifles. It would definitely make finding and mounting the scopes with certain guns a more tedious process but allot more rewarding in certain cases. Rather than "Wow i found a scope!" Instant magic mount and everything works perfect!

l_080924284_1.jpg

Well how about some kind of crafting method for mounting scopes on rifles that don't NORMALLY come with them but are still 100% doable and effective when used?

Like take for instance the screwdriver. There is currently no use for the damn thing. Or maybe being able to find rifle scope tool kits scattered thought areas you might normally find them in. Once you find one of these tools and the appropriate screws you can effectively mount the scope via that way onto the Carbine in general and other rifles. It would definitely make finding and mounting the scopes with certain guns a more tedious process but allot more rewarding in certain cases. Rather than "Wow i found a scope!" Instant magic mount and everything works perfect!

l_080924284_1.jpg

There is no universal kit for mounting scopes on any weapon.

AFAIK you would need a specific rail for each weapon system + machining the bolt to take said mount.

Neither of these is feasible in a world without civilization

AFAIK you would need a specific rail for each weapon system + machining the bolt to take said mount.

I guess but just mounting a scope without having to adjust it or anything ether seems a little unrealistic though as well. I mean i would assume every scope wouldn't be 100% accurate when you put it on right away without having to readjust it.

thats not true !!!

duct-tape-preppers.jpg

but jokes aside ...

the hunting weapons should come WITH scopes in the first place.   no hunter i know takes his scope of the weapon after hunting.

never mess with something that works.

Edited by Munson_fry

Never seen a mag "after" picking on of these up. In earlier patches always saw them after I had a much better weapon.

Sometimes I do like trying out, and playing with technically weaker weapons though. In the the current patch, I decided to run with one of these as a longer range opener to my MP5. Got a couple one shot kills in the 200-250 range, with only chambered ammo as the option.

It would be nice if they made the clip 2-3 times more common.

the hunting weapons should come WITH scopes in the first place.   no hunter i know takes his scope of the weapon after hunting.

never mess with something that works.

I actually like the idea that you can find all long ranged weapons with, and without, scopes that would be appropriate to that weapon. Like the previous owner had mounted it properly with whatever was necessary. You should "not" be able to add or remove them.

Edited by E.J.

I found a CR527 mag in .55, and less than two minutes later I found the gun.  A day after that I found a second mag.  

http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/537394227500563879/94A075FD3C15D787A9C10C6E24CBDAE0FA4098BE/

Thing is, I also have an MP5 with far more plentiful ammo, so I use that for zombies when needed and plan on using the rifle for hunting.   I don't fancy going into mil areas to find ammo for it, so I am sticking to cars looking for 7.62x39.   This gun reminds me of the CZ550 from the mod.  Probably the gun that most people should have, should be the most plentiful, makes the most sense, but is the least used.

Edited by klesh

Looks like the Winchester 70 is even more competition for the CR527:

Winchester 70. This particular version fires .308 Winchester ammunition and features a wood stock. It has an internal magazine which accepts 5 rounds.

Win7.jpg

I wonder if there will be other versions in different calibers?

Looks like the Winchester 70 is even more competition for the CR527:

Winchester 70. This particular version fires .308 Winchester ammunition and features a wood stock. It has an internal magazine which accepts 5 rounds.

Win7.jpg

I wonder if there will be other versions in different calibers?

So we are getting both the Winchester Alaskan and this 70 version it take it?

Beats me.  All I know is that thing looks pretty much like a CR527 that hits harder and doesn't require a magazine.

Pretty sure they are the same gun

Idk, kind of getting tired of all the wood guns. Would like to see a few rifles and made from other materials.

Edited by Deathlove

Idk, kind of getting tired of all the wood guns. Would like to see a few rifles and made from other materials.

Wood stocks are beautiful....

5291021932_ca668a616e.jpg

compared to:

Tapco_Intrafuse_SKS_Rifle_Stock_Bayonet-

or maybe even this:

858251_01_yugo_m59_66_sks_folding_stock_

or thisSKSfolder3.jpg

i just dont like non-wood stocks, they take away from the guns beauty to me.

but yes some interchangeable stocks/pieces for all weapons would be fine.

the 'tacticool' SKS is a viable option to make happen in game, it would just take some crafting and what not, and a chance at damaging the gun.

the SKS is such a viable weapons system that it can be made in to just about anything.

like this as a example of its versatility:

wwwtheoutd_1483605_11653987.jpg

or maybe you fancy a sharpshooter?6.jpg

i think modern weapons need synthetic stocks, laminates, etc. it distinguishes them from older weapons and gives them their distinct looks from 'military' and 'special forces' and 'this is a super cool weapon system'

Edited by DURRHUNTER
  • Like 1

Wood stocks are beautiful....

5291021932_ca668a616e.jpg

compared to:

Tapco_Intrafuse_SKS_Rifle_Stock_Bayonet-

or maybe even this:

858251_01_yugo_m59_66_sks_folding_stock_

or thisSKSfolder3.jpg

i just dont like non-wood stocks, they take away from the guns beauty to me.

but yes some interchangeable stocks/pieces for all weapons would be fine.

the 'tacticool' sks is a viable option to make happen in game, it would just take some crafting and what not, and a chance at damaging the gun.

Despite how beautiful those wood ones look the synthetic ones you've shown me look equally as impressive.

I imagine some guns in an event like this would be prone to wood rot or termites if not handled properly. Especially depending on how long this apocalypse has been going in game.

Look at it this way: one day you might come across a CR527 and just not really have the option of simply picking up another random gun of your choosing. Maybe you will discard it as soon as you find another, but with that in no way guaranteed - it doesn't really matter if you think it's the best or the worst - it's all you have.

I imagine some guns in an event like this would be prone to wood rot or termites if not handled properly. Especially depending on how long this apocalypse has been going in game.

well if you use it everyday and clean it and what not you should be fine, and in this situations a bare bones (no stock/furniture other than folding stock) type weapon would be the best in terms of durability.

If you don't like wood stocks, you can give me all the Dragunov and Vintorez rifles you find in the future. I think these look supercool thanks to their wood stock (woodstock? lol)

I think the CR527 was/is in the mod under the simple name "CZ" and is more or less a hunting rifle. The Winchester appears to have no rail, so neither it nor the Mosin will have scopes in the future. The Mosin is simply too old and it has a reputation for being inaccurate and misconstructed. It shouldn't be the greatest sniper in the game, but I guess this will change over time. 

So the three scoped + ranged ones are:

CR527 - loud, small mag, scoped, accurate on mid distance, high recoil

Dragunov - scoped, bigger mag, accurate on mid to far distance, med recoil

Vintorez - scoped, silenced, biggest mag, accurate on mid distance, low recoil

Maybe the Vintorez will even stay accurate on long distance, we'll have to see when it is done. I think there is some variation in these guns. But they will only make sense in that way when they are complete and the Mosin is nerfed to its actual state, which is a pretty old and shitty rifle ^^

Edited by S3V3N