Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

CR527 Carbine Talk

I think the CR527 was/is in the mod under the simple name "CZ" and is more or less a hunting rifle.

It was the CZ550 in .308.

179.png

KXRT9.png

Look at it this way: one day you might come across a CR527 and just not really have the option of simply picking up another random gun of your choosing. Maybe you will discard it as soon as you find another, but with that in no way guaranteed - it doesn't really matter if you think it's the best or the worst - it's all you have.

I agree.

I see it this way... there are no bad guns in DayZ. Only badly handled guns...

The only thing I think that could make an immediate impact is simply having more clips spawn for it, and other guns like the sporter. And... I always know when a area has been looted when I find empty clips. the should make all clips spawn with a random number of round, zero to max capacity.

179.png

that hand breaking death grip on the gun. gotta love the mod. :D

• Like 1

I see it this way... there are no bad guns in DayZ. Only badly handled guns...

For real life maybe but for Dayz if it CANNOT take out a zed between the torso area in one hit than it can be potentially a worse gun than others. The shotgun at the moment currently destroys zeds in one shot. Doesn't matter if they have armor or are 200 pounds heavier with thicker skin it will make them die.

These are the kinds of guns you want. Not something that if you fire once you have a huge chance of screwing up getting your gear or yourself injured or even in a worse situation having an entire army of zeds on you when you have to reload every minute or longer after an individual shot.

CR527 rifle seems effective for hunting and mainly things that cant fight back but thats about it.

So you can be good with a weapon but if its got shit reloading time and takes possibly more than one bullet to fell an infected than its just not going to work for an area with intense encounters.

Of coarse i guess we could always say we need some crappy arsenals to balance out all the good shit we get.

We got WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY off track with this conversation it wasn't even about the look of the weapon. Its about its effectiveness in combat and tense situations that demand fast reloading speed.

Good ironsights, rapid mag change if you have two of them. I like it personally. 7.62x39mm is still a 1 hit knock out or kill in the upper torso anyway as far as I'm aware so it being less powerful than 7.62x54r or .308win doesn't really matter much to me.

Shame there are no optics for it, but it's one of my "non-optimal favorites" like the L85A2 susat was in the mod.

Now, for Zed guns I use the Amphibia or any pistol/mp5k once I have a suppressor, Meleeing them is a last resort in 0.55 as the melee system is too janky to effectively deal with the new zeds so I'll usually just either outrun them or lock them into a building. I wouldn't shoot a zed with non-suppressed unless my life absolutely depended on it.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

Good ironsights, rapid mag change if you have two of them. I like it personally. 7.62x39mm is still a 1 hit knock out or kill in the upper torso anyway as far as I'm aware so it being less powerful than 7.62x54r or .308win doesn't really matter much to me.

Shame there are no optics for it, but it's one of my "non-optimal favorites" like the L85A2 susat was in the mod.

Exactly - it's not really a bad weapon by any means, it's just nominally outclassed by the SKS/AKM and Mosin in pretty much all ways that make it mostly irrelevant.

However, with the new central loot economy we're going to see guns get much rarer and with low-tier weapons like the single shot IZH-18 being more common the CR-527 will actually be a very viable firearm. Before it wasn't useful because A) better guns were far too common and B) magazines and ammunition hardly ever spawned in the same location.

Exactly - it's not really a bad weapon by any means, it's just nominally outclassed by the SKS/AKM and Mosin in pretty much all ways that make it mostly irrelevant.

However, with the new central loot economy we're going to see guns get much rarer and with low-tier weapons like the single shot IZH-18 being more common the CR-527 will actually be a very viable firearm. Before it wasn't useful because A) better guns were far too common and B) magazines and ammunition hardly ever spawned in the same location.

Not to mention certain guns with bayonet attachments are going to make the CR527 an even worse choice for combat once the developers get the mechanics for that working lol.

It would be REALLY cool though for guns that don't have a melee function that you could swing the butt of the rifle to crack infected and players skulls with them. The butt of any rifle can be a really effective weapon in a last ditch effort combat situation.

Edited by Deathlove

I think that whenever they decide the final rarity of guns, they should simply make the carbine and the clips spawn at least twice as more often than the SKS and its clip.

Also, In western countries many carbines have a huge aftermarket for 15-30 round clips. But... in former soviet bloc countries, 10 round mags are more common.

A 10 round variant that spawns at the rate of the current 5 could help.