eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126884 Discussion

Odin my friend, where did you get that build number from? I see some activity for the internaldebug branch :)

Locked server called "THE TEST" in the server list.  ;)  Even though we can't log into it, I've kept it in my favs since experimental 0.34 or 0.35 in Jan/Feb 2014. There was some "players" in it when I saw it today.

55.126981 coming soon to a server list near you!!  B)

Should I possibly dream of an update... today?

I could feasibly test a new patch before I have to go out tonight.

Stupid real life, getting in the way of important video games.

• Like 3

Locked server called "THE TEST" in the server list.  ;)  Even though we can't log into it, I've kept it in my favs since experimental 0.34 or 0.35 in Jan/Feb 2014. There was some "players" in it when I saw it today.

I gotcha. Thanks for sharing!

Should I possibly dream of an update... today?

I could feasibly test a new patch before I have to go out tonight.

Stupid real life, getting in the way of important video games.

The build only went to the internaldebug branch, probably for extended testing by the team tonight. That branch doesn't get used often, but if I had to guess, it's probably their way of making an internal test build available to employees outside of the office, such as playing at home in the evening. Purely guessing, though, I have nothing to back that up.

Anyway, I would guess tomorrow. That's sort of the vibe I'm getting.

• Like 4

That branch doesn't get used often, but if I had to guess, it's probably their way of making an internal test build available to employees outside of the office, such as playing at home in the evening. Purely guessing, though, I have nothing to back that up.

Anyway, I would guess tomorrow. That's sort of the vibe I'm getting.

Hopefully they start doing just this thing more often.  Fingers Crossed, #porchdick, #noahhasatoned

• Like 1

happy to see the exp servers back up. Just had about 10 -15 min. online before 'no messages' started up. went thru 5 houses & about 6 sheds/garages and 3 industrial.  Small sample but it seemed like the loot/heat map issue had been resolved, although I'm pretty sure someone had swept thru before. Met a great friendly(thanks again for the 22 ammo) dodging one of those 'invisible' zeds just before the server lost touch. Looking forward to the patch, while smiling at the vagaries of fate online. Have fun out there.

forget to mention: All data occured in northern  Solnichniy

Edited by hotrod
  • Like 3

happy to see the exp servers back up. Just had about 10 -15 min. online before 'no messages' started up. went thru 5 houses & about 6 sheds/garages and 3 industrial.  Small sample but it seemed like the loot/heat map issue had been resolved, although I'm pretty sure someone had swept thru before. Met a great friendly(thanks again for the 22 ammo) dodging one of those 'invisible' zeds just before the server lost touch. Looking forward to the patch, while smiling at the vagaries of fate online. Have fun out there.

Well this is interesting, time to log-on I think.

1 out of 15 exp servers work only, and that same one crashes every 10 minutes anway. 

Also experiencing massive lagspikes every now and then. Generally lower FPS aswell.

The stress the crash bug creates makes observations on performance pretty meaningless IMO.

There isn't much reason to even play this build for more than a demo of the zombies (as suggested by eugene).

On the scale of "playable" experimental builds, this one falls pretty low.

If the latest patches translate well outside of the internal environment I think we may see what this build really has to show us all around....

• Like 2

1 out of 15 exp servers work only, and that same one crashes every 10 minutes anway. 

Also experiencing massive lagspikes every now and then. Generally lower FPS aswell.

don't worry, tommorow evening it should be fixed (new hardware; other exp. servers back again; way less lagging or rubberbanding through low server-performance or bu

I don't know if this was in the patch notes, but I just found an MP5 OEM Buttstock in a police station. When was this added back in?

Also, I am getting a lot of weird stuff spawning in weird places. Found a P1, a CZ-75, and a pistol suppressor all in the same town in civvie houses. wat?

I can confirm, it appears loot tables are fixed, at least the same things are not all spawning together over a large area.  Restarts are frequent, heading back in.  Or maybe not heading back in.  All the servers had unusual names anyway, looks like they had not been customized by region yet.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

I can confirm, it appears loot tables are fixed, at least the same things are not all spawning together over a large area.  Restarts are frequent, heading back in.  Or maybe not heading back in.  All the servers had unusual names anyway, looks like they had not been customized by region yet.

That leads me to believe that the loot economy is indeed detached from the game itself now, which makes sense because I think that's kind of the whole point of moving to the central loot economy if I'm not mistaken (which we are testing in 0.55). That's great news. This means they can tweak things without needing to do a client update. All of this on top of the fact that they *should* finally have acute control over loot spawns, which is important for item rarity.

Edited by Tatanko

Also, I am getting a lot of weird stuff spawning in weird places. Found a P1, a CZ-75, and a pistol suppressor all in the same town in civvie houses. wat?

It has been noted from the beginning that the item spawn heat map is bugged for this build.

Each town/spawn area will be found to have the same 4-6 items spawning within it.

Please be sure to closely follow the threads you are interested in contributing to.

If we all asked the same questions like this were a chatroom, the threads here would be pointless and very difficult to sift through.

• Like 1

So the whole finding the same items again and again seems not to be happening anymore in the Experimental servers I've been playing on the last couple hours. The biggest issue is frequent server resets but those are to be expected.

It has been noted from the beginning that the item spawn heat map is bugged for this build.

Each town/spawn area will be found to have the same 4-6 items spawning within it.

Please be sure to closely follow the threads you are interested in contributing to.

If we all asked the same questions like this were a chatroom, the threads here would be pointless and very difficult to sift through.

Sorry, thank you for the pointer. That being said, A lot of loot seems to be well balanced at military places. No excess at Vybor like so many servers used to have. I found a helicopter crash, and the loot piles were a solid 7-10 meters west of it for some reason, as if the server spawned the loot piles and physical crash at seperate locations. Found a plate carrier at a base, does anyone have armor statistics? (it's Worn)

I can also confirm that you can no longer kill zeds with a slow moving truck, they are aggroed by the truck now and can and will flip it.  They get stuck in the truck as they did when they were dead but now move and can influence the truck and how the truck moves.  It's pretty crazy, I survived this accident and managed to sneak out of Sevrograd with out drawing any aggro.  This happened on Singapore 01.  There was no character reset, at least not yet.  I am not sure if you can kill them moving at higher speeds with a truck. 

Anyone find a rak or a chainsaw yet I heard that rak got a different spawn location and the chainsaw is just random. I currently have a chainsaw I'm around zub.

I am very close to finding a RAK, I have several magazines for it and will find one soon. They spawn at the BMP wrecks seen around military bases. What place on the map has the highest concentration of these wrecks? I know for a fact there are at least 2 at Vybor, at least 1 at Zeleno, and a few (I forget how many) at the Tent Cities. could someone confirm highest concentration?

• Like 1

I am very close to finding a RAK, I have several magazines for it and will find one soon. They spawn at the BMP wrecks seen around military bases. What place on the map has the highest concentration of these wrecks? I know for a fact there are at least 2 at Vybor, at least 1 at Zeleno, and a few (I forget how many) at the Tent Cities. could someone confirm highest concentration?

I found a Rak on a police car.

25gszeo.jpg2e52uza.jpg

I found a Rak on a police car.

25gszeo.jpg2e52uza.jpg

should have traded mine lol.

Now everyone is gonna have one and realize how terrible it is 

• Like 1

Did anyone try ataching silencer on it?

Edit: good news from Eugeen!!

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 1

Nice, do we have any ETA?

The past (the previous exp. branches-updates in the last 6-12 months) showed that the average time when you could play the newest exp. branch would be at 9 p.m.

Edited by PaniXx
  • Like 1