MoOnKat

Prison Island worth a visit?

Hello :3

Just came back from a long break from DayZ to try out all the new cool stuff. Apparently there is a new prison island so what i am asking is if it is worth a visit?. Is it mostly military gear? Is it a pvp death trap? I can't check the DayZ database no my mobile sadly. Thank you :P

Edited by MoOnKat

It's most definitely a spot worth a gander based simply on the architecture.  You will find police/mil gear there depending on the server and if its been hit prior.  I've had mixed results with visits, sometimes there are some really geared folks hanging around looking to spike a shot, other times I have found random players and just looted along side them.

• Like 4

Ive still never been. I will maker over there one day but I haven't been everywhere on the main map yet....

Its a must see, I've actually been living the simple life up north moving east to west on the main highway and found it quite enjoying just looting around by myself.

Its cool for aesthetic appeal, and good to camp the coast for people cheeking out. 

if you're looking for gear however, not a place to go to 

(always fun though to shoot people who don't 'James Bond' drive over there with an underwater v3s)

Prison island is very worth the visit.  Make sure to bring a full water bottle and check your corners.  The architecture of it provides many spaces to hide from sight.

Yes it is worth the visit, and repeat visits until they nerf the island for items.

Just word of warning, do watch your back, and from the island as snipers tend to visit those areas. I hope you enjoy your loot days :)

Well, I usually get pretty good gear at the prison, mp5 and ak74s, tons of ammo, food, etc. I would recommend going there.

Yes very worthwhile visit. It has a jail, the big prison building, some industrial buildings, and a barrack. The main prison building spawns many types of police items such as mp5ks and police uniforms. I've also seen many pm 73 rak mags telling me that the rak spawns there. If you're looking for an ak its probably the best place to look because of how many mags and aks spawn there. If your going to pavlovo mil base its best you check this place out before going.

If the server is restarted its a good place for military loot. Unfortunately lots of a-holes server hop and kill people there too. I actually found a way to swim there and not get wet. Wear a raincoat, firemans pants and put your boots, hat and gloves in a waterproof backpack. Or you can do what i did the first time and leave all your stuff on the beach. It was still there when I got back :) It was in the middle of the night though.

I have not  been to the prison island yet. but im still on my way there.

its worth a visit just to see what work they've done, hell my buddy got a full modded mp5 from there its a good place to find supressors too.

Worth a visit for sure .. I recommend just getting to know the lay out of the area when you first go , there's an area with a prison barracks on one side and connected to that via a bridge is the actual prison itself ... Getting to know the inside of the prison , where the food spawns and where the highest chance for ak/mp5s is essential on full pop servers , everytime I go there it's a pvp fest so that's why I quickly learned the areas... Don't forget to loot the sniper tower it got very good lootzzzz (I've found 2 ak74s an mp5 and 2 clips for each gun on the top balcony of that tower alone) and there's two food rooms that are worth checking out for water or food if you don't have any ! Never waste time with the cells unless you need handcuffs or knives .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

You should go there. It's a place which has a good architecture but you must keep away from camo buildings because some bug abuser still using wall bug and it's pain in the ass.

Close EVERY door in the prision building, so you know better when server hoppers arrive. It is, imo, the best place for loot in the game, I don't even know why people go to them airfields nowadays, since its also a PVP fest, there are way less loot spawn points. The prision building can be yours, easy to control, airfields are a tactical nightmare.

I do recomend you to go there, and study the layout. Spend some time there, it will be worth man. Even if you get there and there is no loot, just wait a bit and the server hoppers shall bring it to you! Remember, close EVERY door in that building, you can even lock the main ones (that are 3 doors) that give access to the buildings inside.

Edited by Avant-Garde

If the server is restarted its a good place for military loot. Unfortunately lots of a-holes server hop and kill people there too. I actually found a way to swim there and not get wet. Wear a raincoat, firemans pants and put your boots, hat and gloves in a waterproof backpack. Or you can do what i did the first time and leave all your stuff on the beach. It was still there when I got back :) It was in the middle of the night though.

I wonder if anyone ran past your gear not knowing it was there. :P Also, I think (not certain) that the Wellies boots and Boonie hat are also waterproof, so you should be fine wearing those while swimming. Unless they've changed that. i know I was able to run around in the rain and through puddles and ponds without anything even getting damp.