Sign in to follow this  
IgnobleBasterd

Server names with "don't join" "unstable server" "character reset" etc

Public shard server names with "don't join", "unstable server", "character reset" etc., they are just bogus names with owners trying to discourage people to join because they want to loot their servers by themselves, right?

Edited by IgnobleBasterd
  • Like 2

Not sure, but how did you come to this conclusion exactly?

Because I've played on them and they don't seem unstable.

I know that the rules say you can't kick people for no reason, but what of discouraging names but they let you play if you decide to join?

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

More than possible, though if you feel like ruining their fun you can always report them, as public servers can't have names like that.

Because I've played on them and they don't seem unstable.

I know that the rules say you can't kick people for no reason, but what of discouraging names but they let you play if you decide to join?

How many of these servers have you played on (approximately)?

The reason behind it is not relevant in my opinion, however, if the person who rents the server breaks the rules of what to name the server, they should lose the right to have the server, 
and if they should so happen to have issues with their server, they should on principle have it moved, or taken down temporarily.

Not all of them are using the server to lootfarm, or to use it as a storage server for weapons.

However, it is a lot easier to set up a lot of tents, lootfarm the server starting at the wednesday-wipe , and keep a stockpile of weapons and gear close to the coast for use in the weekend pvp in cherno.

the question itself does awaken a lot of arguments, and the discourse is already infected as it is. A couple of arguments pro and con are as follows.

Pro: 
-they pay for it, let them do what they want with it.
- It's not cheating to farm.
- Maybe they want to practice or just play a calm relaxing game.
- They may have legitimate problems with the server.

Con:
- it's public, therefore, its PUBLIC
- It is an exploit to farm, and ruins the balance.
- Maybe they want the server to avoid playing the game, and turn it into BF.
- They are probably full of S**t.

both sides are well entrenched in their opinions of the question at hand, and in the end it is completely up to BI to enforce the ruleset they want for dayz.
(ex. that they may or may not have in their contract with server-hosters that there must always be a set number of vanilla-dayz servers provided when dayz goes modable)

So, instead of having the argument amongst ourselves, we can only look at what is on the contract between BI and the server hosters. report what is wrong and move on.

And after that let BI address any inconsistencies between their contract and the experience/service they will provide.

Peace, Love, Harmony and KoV

Its because they are duping, if you join the server at the wrong time you will likely be kicked by an admin. Admins can dupe so long as they have another person, all you have to do is manually reset the server via a command and then boom, if you did the thing you were supposed to do before resetting then you have just duped all of your items.

Many of us have done it by mistake while messing with our stuff just before a restart on persistent servers, its the same basic principle.

A server by the name of dnalibmaB or Bambiland does this regularly, they have been duping since the good old days when it was as simple as shooting someone as they logged out, the clan associated with this server is FonZ which is comprised mostly of children (big surprise). We have raided their duped bases full of duped gear multiple times for maximum lulz.

If you log into this server when they are doing it you will be kicked within minutes, if you are lucky you will go unnoticed long enough to see them duping, the screen goes black out of nowhere, "Please Wait" appears, after about 30 seconds you spawn back in where you were about 1 to 2 minutes ago, the world takes about one minute to get running, zombies don't agro in this time, its very peaceful.

Another interesting server, R22R or Royal22 private hive, will occasionally go become locked just before prime time. When it unlocks all of the R22R guys will be very well geared and generally holding down a major city and challenging others to try and fight them their which is not a good call seeing as they are generally 20 strong or better. Doesn't really matter to me, if you own the server I don't really care what you do, its yours. Only place I draw the line is kicking people for killing you, if you got deaded fair and square then don't get all butthurt about it.

Server rules are here

o Server name must not contain any terms or phrases of the themes below
 Player Versus Environment only
 Player will be kicked
 Server somehow has modified loot spawns, or other game data
 Server is private
 Server is “not operating properly”
 Impersonating official DayZ servers (Stable or Experimental)
 Hatespeak / Defamation of any person, place, or company

if you find one that breaks any of the rules report them 

Where to to send your server reports:

Multiplay:            support@multiplay.co.uk
Vilayer:               abuse@vilayer.com
Fragnet:              abuse@fragnet.net or submit a ticket to their abuse department
GamingDeluxe:  admin@gamingdeluxe.co.uk
Gameservers:    support@gameservers.com

If you don't know which GSP the offending server is rented from, just send the report to all of them and they'll sort it out themselves.

* Remember to include the IP and port numbers, the server name is not enough*
You find these numbers by highlighting the server in the server browser, then selecting 'Detail' at the lower right. If you can't remember which server you were playing on, you can find it under the 'History' tab.

these will be looked into and dealt with accordingly. 

• Like 1

Roughly 25% of al the Euro "public" servers I play on are exactly like this. There's even an apparently public Gameservers server that regularly kicks me.

The question is whether this problem can be solved by reporting, rather than something a little more drastic.

I join these servers on purpose just to piss off the owners. Contrary to their names, they tend to have great unmolested loot locations.

If you want to join an empty server to loot than I have no respect for you. I will have you know that I always loot on full/nearly full servers, so why is it so hard for some people to do that!

Completely fake. The only unstable server is the experimental ones and a fresh restart.

Public server renting should be locked so no new admis and hosts for a while if at all is even needed. Then those bad servers could be banned and admins can't ever host again. This way there shouldn't be any of those bad servers left. Let's be realistic the game doesn't even need the amount of public servers.

Too bad that BIS has likely a deal and money involved so they won't lock server renting for public hive. Private ones can do whatever they want...

Server rules are here

if you find one that breaks any of the rules report them 

Where to to send your server reports:

Multiplay:            support@multiplay.co.uk

Vilayer:               abuse@vilayer.com

Fragnet:              abuse@fragnet.net or submit a ticket to their abuse department

GamingDeluxe:  admin@gamingdeluxe.co.uk

Gameservers:    support@gameservers.com

If you don't know which GSP the offending server is rented from, just send the report to all of them and they'll sort it out themselves.

* Remember to include the IP and port numbers, the server name is not enough*

You find these numbers by highlighting the server in the server browser, then selecting 'Detail' at the lower right. If you can't remember which server you were playing on, you can find it under the 'History' tab.

these will be looked into and dealt with accordingly. 

• Like 2