Pyongo Bongo

If the devs added Namalsk as a playable map i would cry of happiness

As I've said extensively and is listed on our store page - Steam Workshop modding will be supported. However this is not going to be rushed, or hackeneye. It will be in the hands of the community when it is ready, and is a core feature of DayZ.

you be full of awesome <3

Any plans on releasing a Experimental Branch of this map sooner then later? 

because im not sure about you guys but im getting really bored of Chernarus im looking fo something fresh to peek my interest in playing this game again

Edited by GhostSlayer

They have been talking about it but dont expect anything super soon.

Any plans on releasing a Experimental Branch of this map sooner then later? 

because im not sure about you guys but im getting really bored of Chernarus im looking fo something fresh to peek my interest in playing this game again

I've merged twice now.

You can find your content by going to your profile.

Think : "and have completed a basic analysis and test multiplayer session on Namalsk.", as stated in the Dev Blog of  3rd March.

I would like to see an expanded version of Namalsk but at this time nothing is confirmed.

• Like 1

As I've said extensively and is listed on our store page - Steam Workshop modding will be supported. However this is not going to be rushed, or hackeneye. It will be in the hands of the community when it is ready, and is a core feature of DayZ.

Is there a general ETA of when we can expect workshop? Before the end of this year?

what if they added namalsk into the charnarus+ map as an island a few km away you need to get to by boat?

Edited by Wookieenoob

what if they added namalsk into the charnarus+ map as an island a few km away you need to get to by boat?

While that would be really cool it would diminish the chance to meet other players even more and I dont see 200 player servers around the corner anytime soon. :/

Hello there

Namalsk? Nah, Lingor is where it's at or United Sahrani.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I'm not sure what Namalsk is (I'm guessing it's some Arma map), but, traditionally, alphas and betas don't give the entire game to the end consumer. Even though we paid for this, it would make sense for them to keep a map or two, perhaps some other stuff like some items or models out of this prior to the release version. If we are all burned out on all the content in the game come release, we won't still be playing it then. This hurts everything in a number of ways:

1) We won't be a part of a thriving active community. This game needs players.

2) We won't be talking about our awesome experiences to our friends or on the internet. This could hurt release sales.

3) We may not be interested in further purchases for added content after release, particularly if we get hooked on some other game in the meantime. There aren't many games out there that would benefit from continued content in the form of paid DLC like this one. I abhor the very concept in 99% of cases, but this is one for which it just makes perfect logical sense. This game could be over when the dev and the players agree that it is over. There is so much to it, immergent gameplay is such a core of the experience, that the long term value here is staggering.

I guess, in a nutshell, what I'm saying is that I think it only makes sense that there would be multiple maps and if there indeed were, it would also make sense for us to iron out all the bugs that are universal (could exist no matter the map) first, so we have a reason to keep playing this in the future.

Namalsk was the first time I had the hairs on my neck stand up lol. It's a great map but I think it needs a lot more work to make it an amazing map and up to standards for release.

The first time I met a blood sucker I was climbing one of the high mountains and heard something in the trees which made me stop to look around. The server must have had names on or something because when I looked over, my screen must have caught the marker name for the thing which was something like "Man" except it had a distance marker....

and it was getting closer and closer. When I saw the footsteps in the snow with nothing there to see, I turned and ran screaming. Trying to run fast up those hills when you want to run fast, is tricky. I glanced over my shoulder and this was the first time I saw a pair of disembodied eyes closing in on me making me scream more as I desperately tried to run away. I did manage to lose it, I think the hills helped me but what an experience! Loved every minute of it :)

• Like 1

Namalsk was the first time I had the hairs on my neck stand up lol. It's a great map but I think it needs a lot more work to make it an amazing map and up to standards for release.

The first time I met a blood sucker I was climbing one of the high mountains and heard something in the trees which made me stop to look around. The server must have had names on or something because when I looked over, my screen must have caught the marker name for the thing which was something like "Man" except it had a distance marker....

and it was getting closer and closer. When I saw the footsteps in the snow with nothing there to see, I turned and ran screaming. Trying to run fast up those hills when you want to run fast, is tricky. I glanced over my shoulder and this was the first time I saw a pair of disembodied eyes closing in on me making me scream more as I desperately tried to run away. I did manage to lose it, I think the hills helped me but what an experience! Loved every minute of it :)

You didnt have a gun?? Invisible creatures bleed as well im pretty sure :)

You didnt have a gun?? Invisible creatures bleed as well im pretty sure :)

Nope I think I had pretty much just spawned in and there was a structure at the top of the hill I was aiming for - oh and it was almost night time so the eyes "glowed" lol

Nope I think I had pretty much just spawned in and there was a structure at the top of the hill I was aiming for - oh and it was almost night time so the eyes "glowed" lol

Lol yeah id be running as well then!!

• Like 1

I think DayZ on Altis would be fun. Incredibly huge map, enterable buildings already, different color palette than Chernarus. Would be fun. Same with Tavi and Namalsk

I'm not sure what Namalsk is (I'm guessing it's some Arma map), but, traditionally, alphas and betas don't give the entire game to the end consumer. Even though we paid for this, it would make sense for them to keep a map or two, perhaps some other stuff like some items or models out of this prior to the release version. If we are all burned out on all the content in the game come release, we won't still be playing it then. This hurts everything in a number of ways:

1) We won't be a part of a thriving active community. This game needs players.

2) We won't be talking about our awesome experiences to our friends or on the internet. This could hurt release sales.

3) We may not be interested in further purchases for added content after release, particularly if we get hooked on some other game in the meantime. There aren't many games out there that would benefit from continued content in the form of paid DLC like this one. I abhor the very concept in 99% of cases, but this is one for which it just makes perfect logical sense. This game could be over when the dev and the players agree that it is over. There is so much to it, immergent gameplay is such a core of the experience, that the long term value here is staggering.

I guess, in a nutshell, what I'm saying is that I think it only makes sense that there would be multiple maps and if there indeed were, it would also make sense for us to iron out all the bugs that are universal (could exist no matter the map) first, so we have a reason to keep playing this in the future.

Hello there

There are no "hidden/completed" maps slated for release other than Chernarus + AFAIK.

However, with the introduction of modding we may well be able to see some conversions from A2 A3 maps. How time consuming or difficult a conversion will be only time will tell.

For example one can play on A2 maps in A3 but there are still multiple errors and bugs in most many months after release.

Creating and even properly converting landmasses is not an easy task.

Rgds

LoK

I think DayZ on Altis would be fun. Incredibly huge map, enterable buildings already, different color palette than Chernarus. Would be fun. Same with Tavi and Namalsk

As maps go I still think Chernarus is better hands down though  Altis is an amazing map also - I think I like the rolling hills and fields and forests - this is probably to do with what we're all used to seeing though saying that.....

Why don't they add Altis and then a desert map and a swamp map and a snow map and a.....

New maps never get old!

As maps go I still think Chernarus is better hands down though  Altis is an amazing map also - I think I like the rolling hills and fields and forests - this is probably to do with what we're all used to seeing though saying that.....

Why don't they add Altis and then a desert map and a swamp map and a snow map and a.....

New maps never get old!

True man, I love Chernarus. I have spent a ridiculous amount of hours on it. I know a lot of people that dislike Altis, but I think it is pretty solid, plus there would not be a whole lot of work that needed to be done as most buildings are already enterable. I'm pretty confident once they let us start "modding" the game someone will do it.

Edited by SpartanxApathy

The Project Lead of DayZ is also the maker of Namalsk, he released it yesterday!

*cries of happenis*

Edited by Pyongo Bongo

On 12/5/2020 at 1:33 AM, Pyongo Bongo said:

The Project Lead of DayZ is also the maker of Namalsk, he released it yesterday!

*cries of happenis*

Now this is what I call necroing! Boom, here we are, at a 5 year old thread! 😄