Sign in to follow this  
EvilTigerAce

The weakest thing you can do

Is say you are friendly, talk with me half a hour and trade stuff, and then all of a sudden your friends shoot me in the back, dead. Very fucking funny.

Thank you for wasting my time. It's not about my gear, it's not about the time I put into it. I don't mind dying because starting all over again isn't that bad actually.

But I do mind how fucking childish it is. Just say hello and then shoot me is even thousand times better. Handcuff me and shoot me in the head is even better. Feed me rotten apples and steal my blood? Hell yeah. Play it as you want. But this... I was friendly. I wasted a fucking half hour talking to you, being a nice guy. You are a psycho if you do it so easily. Talk to a real person like that, and then just shoot me in my back.

People like you should be in the concrete mix for fucking pavements.

• Like 9

Why do people always open such threads expectint their wrongdoers will actually read it?

LOL who knows. Its like all those "TO THE GUY I KILLED" bullshit threads as well.

If I flash my line of sight to and from your avatar and each sentence quickly, I feel as if a tiger is yelling at me. 

• Like 6

Don't devalue the long con. This would no doubt be a highly used tactic in a real life survival of the most willing to adapt situation. Take it as a lesson to lift your game.

• Like 3

Dude, calm down, it's a video game. Murdering in DayZ is not on the same level as murdering IRL.

I lol'd

Don't devalue the long con. This would no doubt be a highly used tactic in a real life survival of the most willing to adapt situation. Take it as a lesson to lift your game.

Firstly, it's impossible to judge if a guy is going to kill you in this scenario. It's easier to shoot the guy the second he turns his back. Waiting 30 mins is just excess, and it could lead to the bandit being shot in the back.

Secondly, not everyone would be a bloodthirsty murderer in the case of a real apocalypse. The bandits out there would likely shoot BEFORE they make contact, or right when the guy turns his back. Waiting longer could get them killed.

Edited by The Aquatic Land Walrus

Firstly, it's impossible to judge if a guy is going to kill you in this scenario. It's easier to shoot the guy the second he turns his back. Waiting 30 mins is just excess, and it could lead to the bandit being shot in the back.

Secondly, not everyone would be a bloodthirsty murderer in the case of a real apocalypse. The bandits out there would likely shoot BEFORE they make contact, or right when the guy turns his back. Waiting longer could get them killed.

But in this case it would seem he was stalling for backup, and his 30 minutes of kindness earned him an easy kill. You can be nice and play froendly, but lowering your guard is death.
  • Like 1

I said it before, I'll say it again...

Don't trust anybody that you don't have on your Steam Friend List

• Like 3

But in this case it would seem he was stalling for backup, and his 30 minutes of kindness earned him an easy kill. You can be nice and play froendly, but lowering your guard is death.

Why would he need backup? just 1 clean shot in the back.

I met three people today who I talked to, I could've easily shot two of them before they saw me but didn't, one guy couldve shot me easily but didn't. I saw at least four others that I also could have killed but I didn't. Why you KoS'ers ask? Well, because I'm an adult and not some stupid little kid who just randomly kills people.

Seeing as this will never end you just have to live with it. Thast why I say to myself every time I go into a military base, airfield or city: "It doesn't matter, I'll just make a new character and have fun with that"

• Like 1

My longest neutral encounters tend to be 5-10 minutes.

This helps keep down the chance for anyone bringing in their friends via TS/external chat.

I also will never show a strange "friendly" player my back, ever, and if you start making weird requests, I just bolt for the wilderness.

• Like 1

People like you should be in the concrete mix for fucking pavements.

Like Jimmy Hoffa, right?

Bottom line, this is a survival game. Betrayal is an important aspect and valuable lesson to learn. I've teamed up with dozens of "friendlies" with great success, I'd say I'm at about a 12/1 (Edit: I originally said 1/12 which made no sense) ratio of friendly not being so. Even when making friends and working together look for the tell tale signs and never, never let your guard down. Above and beyond all - good luck, other survivors are pulling for you and wishing you well! Friends are out there, beware of wolves in grandma's bed...

149957_m.jpg

Edited by Death By Crowbar
  • Like 1

When I play 3pp I hind behind walls, wait for someone to come running, pop out and blast them. I consider that pretty weak, but exploiting 3rd person is funny.

In many online games I played this never really happened. If you met a group of people, and they let you run with them, they didn't just slay you 30 minutes later for no reason.

There is definitely a different sickness in the minds of the children playing these days. DayZ allows a higher degree of anonymity as well, with the idea that when you die you are "perma" dead.

I love threads like these

"Wah wah wah some mean person shot me in a game, I better got cry to people who don't care at all!"

Its just a game bud, calm down. Theres no "right" way to play it.

Would I do it myself? No.

Is it a valid strategy? Yes.

This is DayZ. Trust no one.

• Like 3

My motto that has kept me alive.

Everyone Is Hostile, But That Doesn't Mean You Still Can't Have A Friendly Conversation.

Edited by therandomredstone
  • Like 1

Hey ... do not even bother.
I once played (at the beginning of DayZ) with a buddy from my buddy.
We have more than 2 days experienced adventure together. I have I healed, delivered food, ammunition, everything ..

As 5er team it came to be that I've handcuffed him for fun. Everyone laughed about the situation (because it was almost new in DayZ), but he tooks it deadly serious.
I took 1 Pack Mosin ammo, because I had no more ammunition else.
he had 5-6 packs of it left ...

At the end, I freed him, he was pissed and wanted me to give him his Mosin Ammo 1 again. When I just wanted to say that I otherwise could not protect the team to help because no ammo ...
Suddenly I was shot in the back and he insulted me on TeamSpeak.

Games can have an very strong influence on a few persons. Similar to many other things in life too.

Anyway, I exhorted him to leave the crude insults already, otherwise I would have quit playing together and kick him from the TS (he was a guest).
Then the thing was done for me. No problem.
He did not listen to and bang ... a shame that it had to happen.

In retrospect, I can not quite understand why some still freak out like that.
I mean, we have each other helped us, protected, etc., and then he will not leave 1x ammunition from a total of 6-7 packs, so then I can not help if it comes to an shootout?

But it is and remains DayZ .... only very few can be trusted in the long run.

I was dressed to impress for valentines day in pink woolen dress, pink balaclava and a welders helmet and I drew the ire of a woman's friend. He either put me down to take my pretty in pink costume, or because he saw I was the alpha male and was making a move on 'his girl'.
I'll link the godawful shadowplay video when it's done uploading in 214minutes ;)  Too bad the context of the encounter is missing, it didn't capture me going to the 'friend' of the two who i caught aiming at me from cover behind a wall all sneaky like.  He was intent on killing me but i was down to party and didn't GAF.

Maybe i should have given her my blood love after all :'(

I'm pretty sure it was a bait from the beginning, but I think the girl enjoyed the experience at least.  I don't mind being the patsy from time to time where there's a little fun to be had ;).

All in all though, these people couldn't GAF either, they'll just keep on doing what they do.  When people are 'waiting for a mate' or ask you to hang around, they're most probably going to kill you.  Dont' trust anyone not on your steamlist (that you haven't just added from in-game) unless you enjoy the taste of lead.  This guy profusedly repeated that he was sorry and his friend only shot me because i handcuffed her, but when i said "you young baiters should come to x server and we can hangout, i'm freshspawn" he wanted nothing to do with me ;).

Thems the beats.

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

I was dressed to impress for valentines day in pink woolen dress, pink balaclava and a welders helmet and I drew the ire of a woman's friend. He either put me down to take my pretty in pink costume, or because he saw I was the alpha male and was making a move on 'his girl'.

I'll link the godawful shadowplay video when it's done uploading in 214minutes ;)  Too bad the context of the encounter is missing, it didn't capture me going to the 'friend' of the two who i caught aiming at me from cover behind a wall all sneaky like.  He was intent on killing me but i was down to party and didn't GAF.

Maybe i should have given her my blood love after all :'(

I'm pretty sure it was a bait from the beginning, but I think the girl enjoyed the experience at least.  I don't mind being the patsy from time to time where there's a little fun to be had ;).

All in all though, these people couldn't GAF either, they'll just keep on doing what they do.  When people are 'waiting for a mate' or ask you to hang around, they're most probably going to kill you.  Dont' trust anyone not on your steamlist (that you haven't just added from in-game) unless you enjoy the taste of lead.  This guy profusedly repeated that he was sorry and his friend only shot me because i handcuffed her, but when i said "you young baiters should come to x server and we can hangout, i'm freshspawn" he wanted nothing to do with me ;).

Thems the beats.

Lol! That reminds me of an encounter I had with a gang of goofs/bandits around christmas. I was in elektro and a big group (5-8 players, one of them sounded like a female) and they were doing the classic "gather bambis and have them fight each other" thing). So they told me to fight another player and I won. I noticed the player had a mosin on his back. When the player was dead I decided to quick as hell check his loot, and it turns out the mosin is loaded (why they hadn't stripped him earlier I don't know, maybe they didn't think anyone would draw weapon). Quick as hell looted the mosin and pointed it at the nearest bandit: BAM, headshot. One tango dead.

Of course, the next second there is just a huge rattle of AK's gunning me down. Totally worth it!

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

yeah well fun and games aside, you can see the body language of the two (again, you didn't see the guy crouching behind a wall aiming at me with no introduction, later to come out in the open to be introduced as their  friend) males, who towards the end spread out and start locking off escape points, forcing me either down/up the road or into the Kamenka hills.  There's tonnes of tells in this one, but i didn't care, nor really notice at the time. She may have even been told to stop in the middle of the road (when i took advantage and handcuffed) to encourage me to do the same... who knows, if i let her handcuff me maybe i'd have lived but better to die on one's feet than on their knees like a dog, huh? :P

People will complain and whinge about how Lone Wolves are this and that, but fact is, unless you have a real friend you can play with, 99.9% of the population is not to be trusted in my opinion, but if I had shot these two on sight, i'd either have died just the same, or got a quick kick and then spent the next 2.5 hours wandering alone only to be offed by some other lone wolf or another gang probably (assuming the game didn't powbitch me into oblivion).  I'm glad I was suckered, but this is the Dayzlyf.

I won't lie though, I smoothe suckered her, and were it just me and her, well things may have gone differently... lets just say my welding mask would have come in handy...

Funny thing is though, pretty sure DayZ locks in your bloodtype, and I'm O- last time i checked.  Your loss suckas ;)

Edited by q.S Sachiel

People will complain and whinge about how Lone Wolves are this and that, but fact is, unless you have a real friend you can play with, 99.9% of the population is not to be trusted in my opinion, but if I had shot these two on sight, i'd either have died just the same, 

this snip. a million times this.

Also yeah the tells were so obvious lol. i wouldn't be surprised if she were playing 'bait' for them the whole time. out of our little group we almost always have one of the ladies go initiate contact especially with groups. they do get consistently get treated differently based on nothing other then having a 'female voice'. might as well use that to advantage right? the number of times my wife has gone up to to random groups of kitted-out players yelling on the mic only to be offered all kinds of goodies and frequently guns with ammo included.

the funniest encounter we've ever had with this was 2 kids.. sounded like maybe 10-15yrs old tops. heather was immediately invited to their skype chat and asked to tag along with them. it was hilarious when they started looting and kept trying to one-up each other offering her better gear >.< one of them ended up giving her the AKM she killed them with about 2 hrs down the line.