battlerhd

Want 40+ FPS in big citys? Click here!

So if you want 40+ FPS is citys then follow the steps in this video! Credits go to the video maker which was not me. Note, you will need to decent rig to get 40+ FPS, If you have a really good rig then expect a lot better reults!

--------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

My specs: GPU: GTX 770!

CPU: Intel® Core i5-4430 CPU @ 3.000GHz!

HDD: 1TB Main, 400GB Back up!

Ram: 12GB of Kingston!

Here are some pictures of the FPS I get in Berezino, In my opinion the game still looks great as well!

http://puu.sh/fzWcX/d6e73b1be6.jpg

http://puu.sh/fzWiP/8e90185b5e.jpg

http://puu.sh/fzWmP/c3f6ca01bd.jpg

http://puu.sh/fzWq1/096d18f5ae.jpg

Can you take a few screenshots not looking at the ground while in the city?

• Like 8

I think I can put up with slight loss of FPS until the developers deal with it. But thanks for the video. I am sure people will find this valuable.

Edited by MatchboxChick
  • Like 1

I am using Alienware18: i7-4810MQ, 16GB RAM, AMD R9 290x with CrossFire: 60fps in city XD

I am using Alienware18: i7-4810MQ, 16GB RAM, AMD R9 290x with CrossFire: 60fps in city XD

Do you not like money?  :facepalm:

DeZqiNZ.png

• Like 17

DeZqiNZ.png

Yeah but his Dell has an Alienware logo on it though! You can't just get those anywhere like on Amazon for 2$.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

DeZqiNZ.png

Actually very very recently Alienware (for their laptops at least) have dropped their prices big time. 

Actually very very recently Alienware (for their laptops at least) have dropped their prices big time. 

I just looked it up. It's still $3000 for that laptop from Dell. Hrmpbrfffpt Sorry just threw up in my mouth a little. Could have built like 2 1/2 desktops that will get more than 60 FPS.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 2

I just looked it up. It's still $3000 for that laptop from Dell. Could have built like 2 1/2 desktops that will get more than 60 FPS.

Desktops yes, but pound for pound they are now competing with msi and asus in the gaming laptop segment

beanz  + ha -ha  + lol

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ 2.84 GHz

8,00 GB RAM (chinese no-brand)

64-bit windows+game on 120 GB SSD

NVIDEA GeForce 9800 GTX+

that's all

+

1 or 2 virtual DVD devices + 1 real -chinese- external DVD/BluRay (reads-writes every format)

6 other HDs (various) serial/parallel (Linux, XP, Win32, win 64,... + some little stuff + KVMS switcher to a music server with a 15(?) year old-Live Drive and Sennheiser headphones - GOOD phones cost me MORE than ALL the rest together + another old rack server (thrown away by HP) with a collection of 8 ancient HDs + an Ethernet link across the roof to my girlfriend's house who runs her 2 PCs and her wifi off my same ISP box.

I bought the m-board +proc + 2G ram for 70 euros

(years ago, out of a heap in a backstreet computer shop, when dual-core were still on the market)

found the box in a dump covered in snow

bought an OK good power supply (had to pay for it, back then 50 euros ?)

bought the SSD - (last year 70 euros again ?)

paid for the GA when it was then 'last year's' best model

HDs from around the house, pulled out of thrown-away gear, etc..

Ethernet everywhere, natch.

+ bought the game.

so I guess ..400-500 euros to play DayZ very decently?

I have to turn down the DayZ graphics a little because the high detail is too distracting when I'm playing seriously.. but very nice (lovely) for a walk in the country with stuff on "high". I stay medium across the board to really play.

Frame rate = Nothing bad is noticeable AT ALL, EVER in the country (even on high) - runs about 35+ in town, in fact fluctuates, low as 20 mainly 40+ depending what's happening, but I'm a countryman so I'm not big on house to house 20-player KoS battles. So do I care? I just have to be careful on stairs and roofs in town.. but doesn't everybody?.. I can turn down the graphics if I want to multiplayer town-battle - but doesn't everybody? (own up, 'ya 10-on-10 fans..)

What I see on screen is about what the server is putting out. OK ? For me - BI are VERY OK .. I like them, I like their game, I have NO problems.. All this down a 20km twisted-pair old phone wire internet link. And a crap ISP who overloads on Saturday nite. No optic in this region this year.

Sure, I mess with the equipment a lot, it's tuned. I got rid of most every automatic and preloaded soft, and run them only when I need them,

but Damn (!) I can download Wagner while I'm playing DayZ, and run TOR + VIDALIA .. but as a rule of the house I don't, unless I really want that download right now..

I just have to agree with the girlfriend to warn me when she's video Skyping.

Everything I have in this house was thrown away by someone who wanted something better, except the Graphics Card (second hand), the motherboard.. which cost less than the trainfair to go get it (I should have gone on my Bike but it was in Brussels).. the power supply.. which is 200% over and good for the next 10 years I guess, whatever I put it in.. and the SENNHEISER which are TOTAL NEED, if you aint got, you cant hear with your ears (you don't like music). But for DayZ any headset is good.

so - no insult intended to anyone with an expensive rig (really, I understand, cool stuff, and I think OP is somewhere on the same wavelength with me too)

People: stop buying top level crap and learn about PCs.. OK so you can boast about it now and it runs good, but i have a feeling you don't know why it runs good, you just know that if you spend a lot of money you get a sportscar - and maybe you can pick up Italian girls with it.... but Hey, here's a different way of doing things  = build STREET hot-rods.. go round the scrapyards and the backstreet shops, read and absorb the 100s of pages of web info.. LEARN good stuff..

People are treating PCs as if they were TVs.. "I dont know how it works, hu, something wrong, have to throw it away and buy another".  That's OK if you want to boast you have the most expensive rig on the block - but you can only boast for the next 4 months till it's "last generation", then they laugh at you - so why not learn what's happening?.. really, dude, it's the way to go.. find out how hardware works, find out HOW you're being ripped off, turn your back on the ads.. listen to the freaks and the nerds..

"hey, you don't want that PC no more? - I'll take it off your hands, and not even charge you for carting it away..thanks, no problem.."

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

ha -ha + lol

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ 2.84 GHz

8,00 GB RAM (chinese no-brand)

64-bit windows + game together on 120 GB SSD

NVIDEA GeForce 9800 GTX+

that's all

+

1 or 2 virtual DVD devices + 1 real -chinese- external DVD/BluRay (reads-writes every format)

6 other HDs (various) serial/parallel (Linux, XP, Win32, win 64,... + some little stuff I wrote in Forth (heh, betcha never heard of that)+ KVMS switcher to a music server with a 15(?) year old-Live Drive and Sennheiser headphones - GOOD phones cost me MORE than ALL the rest together + another old rack server (thrown away by HP) with a collection of 8 ancient HDs + an Ethernet link across the roof to my girlfriend's house who runs her 2 PCs and her wifi off my same ISP box.

I bought the m-board +proc + 2G ram for 70 euros

(years ago, out of a heap in a backstreet computer shop, when dual-core were still on the market)

found the box in a dump covered in snow

bought an OK good power supply (had to pay for it, back then 50 euros ?)

bought the SSD - (last year 70 euros again ?)

paid for the GA when it was then 'last year's' best model

HDs from around the house, pulled out of thrown-away gear, etc..

Ethernet everywhere, natch.

+ bought the game.

so I guess ..400 euros to play DayZ very decently?

I have to turn down the DayZ graphics a little because the high detail is too distracting when I'm playing seriously.. but very nice (lovely) for a walk in the country with stuff on "high". I stay medium across the board to really play.

Frame rate = Nothing bad is noticeable AT ALL, EVER in the country (even on high) - runs about 35+ in town, in fact 20-45 depending what's happening, but I'm a countryman so I'm not big on house to house 20-player KoS battles. So do I care? I just have to be careful on stairs and roofs in town.. but doesn't everybody?.. I can turn down the graphics if I want to multiplayer town-battle - but doesn't everybody? (own up, 'ya 10-on-10 fans..)

What I see on screen is about what the server is putting out. OK ? For me - BI are VERY OK .. I like them, I like their game, I have NO problems.. All this down a 20km twisted-pair old phone wire internet link. No optic in this region this year.

Sure, I mess with the equipment a lot, it's tuned. I got rid of most every automatic and preloaded soft, and run them only when I need them,

but Damn (!) I can download Wagner while I'm playing DayZ, and run TOR + VIDALIA .. but as a rule of the house I don't, unless I really want that download right now..

I just have to agree with the girlfriend to warn me when she's video Skyping.

Everything I have in this house was thrown away by someone who wanted something better, except the Graphics Card (second hand), the motherboard.. which cost less than the trainfair to go get it (I should have gone on my Bike but it was in Brussels).. the power supply.. which is 200% over and good for the next 10 years I guess, whatever I put it in.. and the SENNHEISER which are TOTAL NEED, if you aint got, you cant hear with your ears (you don't like music). But for DayZ any headset is good.

so - no insult intended to anyone with an expensive rig (really, I understand, cool stuff, and I think OP is somewhere on the same wavelength with me too)

People: stop buying top level crap and learn about PCs.. OK so you can boast about it now and it runs good, but i have a feeling you don't know why it runs good, you just know if you spend a lot of money you get a sportscar.. Hey, here's a different way of doing things  = build STREET hot-rods.. go round the scrapyards and the backstreet shops, read and absorb the 100s of pages of web info.. LEARN good stuff..

People are treating PCs as if they were TVs.. "I dont know how it works, hu, something wrong, have to throw it away and buy another".  That's OK if you want to boast you have the most expensive rig on the block - but only for the next 4 months till it's "last generation" - but why not learn what's happening?.. really, dude, it's the way to go.. find out how hardware works, find out HOW you're being ripped off, turn your back on the ads.. listen to the freaks and the nerds..

"hey, you don't want that PC no more? - I'll take it off your hands, and not even charge you for carting it away..thanks, no problem.."

xx pilgrim

I support this guys general opinion, I have ran DayZ on a lot less successfully and with very playable FPS until I was forced to get win 7 after the latest patch. Now its horribly slow because I have to get more RAM to support an OS I really don't even want. If DayZ magically one day started supporting windows xp I would reinstall and go back to it.

You just have to play with things.

Edited by Chzy
  • Like 1

I support this guys general opinion, I have ran DayZ on a lot less successfully and with very playable FPS until I was forced to get win 7 after the latest patch. Now its horribly slow because I have to get more RAM to support an OS I really don't even want. If DayZ magically one day started supporting windows xp I would reinstall and go back to it.

You just have to play with things.

I'm no fan of Win 7 either, but you get used to it (what's the options?).. pity after all those years of outside input from independent coders and freaks, XP was perfected and you could do anything with it, guess that's why they closed it down.. (money - right?) Microsoft could have/and still could make many friends by making XP PUBLIC DOMAIN right now.. at least 3 continents would benefit enormously.. like 1 million schools, for instance... plus the nerds everywhere.. (but.. money..right?)

There's a good thing I found, someone might like to know about:

"IDE TO SATA Converter"

Find them on the internet - Notice that they run BOTH ways  -  plug your IDE disk in one end of the converter and the other end into your SATA board, or plug your IDE board connection into the converter and a SATA disk on the other end. These work. They are cheap. Very handy for many reasons. Ya can run boot disks off them, they really work.. OK. Thought someone might like to know. In case you ever heard of IDE .. lol

good luck Chzy, see you around I hope.

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim

For some reason for me, Elektro is so much worse performance wise for me than other more dense cities. I haven't done a FPS test, but I imagine its something like 20fps at certain points. See my sig for my rig.

Edited by Ben_uk

nothing new here.

same rehashed info we read 100 times.

want 40+ FPS in BIG CITYS? CITIES? CLICK HERE!

begins to explain how to turn off mouse smoothing,sensitivity and refresh rates. all irrelevant 

Edited by R0B3RTF1SH3R

nothing new here.

begins to explain how to turn off mouse smoothing,sensitivity and refresh rates. all irrelevant 

Pretty much this.

View, object and shadow distances are the only things from the files that can help. Other things can be done from the in game settings. For example sceneComplexity is Object detail setting, 1000000 means Very High and 500000 means Normal. Want high fps now in the cities? Lower your settings so the game looks like a potato, the lower object detail the better but you can't see people from a far then and maybe disable shadows and AA.

• Like 1

If you have a nvidia graphics card I have some changes that may or may not improve your performance without making the game look like ass (At least for me).

Open Nvidia control panel by either right clicking your desktop and selecting it or go into windows control panel or type it into the windows search.

Expand 3D settings if it isn't already.
Select Manage 3D settings.

Then click on the program settings tab and select dayz as the program.

I will make the setting you change bold and a description of whether you skip or do this step in italics.

If you have an I7 or some other beefy intel cpu you can probably skip this step.How ever if your CPU is struggling and your dayz freezes up when you reach big towns you may want to change this.
Maximum pre-rendered frames - change this to 1,2 or 3 depending on how good your cpu is. 1 is for weaker cpu

If you use only one screen you will want to change this from default.
Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration - change this to single display performance

Even if you have an amazing pc you will want to change this because screw power savings.
Power management mode - change this to Prefer maximum performance.

If your hard drive isn't completely full you will probably want to turn this on but I haven't honestly tried it turned off.
Shader cache - On

This is something to individually test as it apparently improves performance, However it can cause shimmering so turn it off if your computer displays walls as shimmering objects.
Texture filtering - Anisotropic same optimization - On if it doesn't shimmer, Off if it makes your game look like everything is shiny.

This is something to test for yourself as I personally noticed no quality difference.
Texture filtering - Quality - High performance.

I set this to on and noticed no loss of quality but it apparently improves performance.
Texture filtering - Trilnear optimization - On

Turn this on because I don't see why you would want it off.
Threaded optimization - On

I was originally going to only recommend changing power management mode to prefer maximum performance but I decided to say what else I changed from default just incase it helps someone else.
If it doesn't help you, You don't need to tell me because I don't care.

Edited by Jesus Christ The Goblin
  • Like 1

I just looked it up. It's still $3000 for that laptop from Dell. Hrmpbrfffpt Sorry just threw up in my mouth a little. Could have built like 2 1/2 desktops that will get more than 60 FPS.

As a proud member of the PCMR, let me say to you sir "Quit being a douche".

nothing new here.

Well the fact that you can see 40 FPS and I'm in a city clearly means there was a big boost in frames, I would not post it if it did not work for me.

Well the fact that you can see 40 FPS and I'm in a city clearly means there was a big boost in frames, I would not post it if it did not work for me.

I think he was more pointing out the fact that the guy is going on and on about things that have nothing to do with FPS other than for like 1 minute of the 13 minute video which is supposed to be about how to improve your FPS. The video also doesn't say anything about launch parameters which give a bigger performance increase.

Also he tells you to turn off postprocessing and Anti-"ailing" (aliasing) which actually gives most people lower FPS as it's shifting more load to your CPU on the engine that is already a CPU hog. As you have a mid tier i5 but a 770 you'd probably fit into this category. Crank those up to maximum on the in game menu and I bet your FPS will climb more than what it did by following the video's instructions. I know this wouldn't make sense for most games but trust me (unless this has changed recently). Keep the view distance and scene complexity what he said though unless it ups you to the point where you're getting more than enough in which case you can crank those up a little more too if you want it to look a little prettier and be able to see farther.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

NO ONE CARES

not everyone wants/needs a desktop

i have an 18" alienware laptop and i can fold it up and throw it in my bag and take it to class with me or put it on my lap as im lying in bed, which is more than worth the 30% or however much faster your desktop is

ppl like me dont really care that it costs $3,000 because its supply and demand and there is ALOT of demand for them

you can also get an older one for $1000 on ebay easy that will play dayz

Edited by anarky321

NO ONE CARES

not everyone wants/needs a desktop

i have an 18" alienware laptop and i can fold it up and throw it in my bag and take it to class with me or put it on my lap as im lying in bed, which is more than worth the 30% or however much faster your desktop is

ppl like me dont really care that it costs $3,000 because its supply and demand and there is ALOT of demand for them

you can also get an older one for $1000 on ebay easy that will play dayz

Cool story bro. The 2 1/2 desktops was just an example. You can also get a gaming laptop from a company which isn't just a Dell with an Alienware logo for a thousand dollars or more less that runs just as good. But if you want to pay double the price you should be solely for a fancy alien head sticker that only costs 2$ on amazon I won't stop you.

Not everyone is a kid who has parents that are willing to buy them an extremely overpriced $3000 laptop so they can play DayZ during class instead of learning what capitalization, punctuation, or supply and demand are.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

I enjoy reading threads like these with people calling other people out on how much money they could have saved on their build. There are SO MANY of them.

This just in:

Not everyone works retail. Some people make more than enough money to piss away every year. Personally, I have to spend $20,000-30,000 a year on toys to get myself into a lower tax bracket.

I clear $1,000 a day sitting on my ass lifting heavy things in the north pole. My $500,000 house has been paid off for a few years now, I own a $90,000 diesel truck, and more snowmobiles, dirt bikes, and motorcycles than I care to list. By the time I'm ready to retire, compound interest on my RRSPs will leave me with $5,000,000+ to fall back on. Did I mention I just turned 30, didn't go to university, only got my GED in high school and had my first kid at 17?

Wait, you don't give a shit about what I just typed? WELCOME TO HOW PEOPLE WITH MONEY FEEL when we're told how much money we could have saved by buying this or that instead of what we did.

In the meantime, I'll continue pissing away my $10,000 annual tax return on video games and computers.

kthxbai

• Like 4

I enjoy reading threads like these with people calling other people out on how much money they could have saved on their build. There are SO MANY of them.

This just in:

Not everyone works retail. Some people make more than enough money to piss away every year. Personally, I have to spend $20,000-30,000 a year on toys to get myself into a lower tax bracket.

I clear $1,000 a day sitting on my ass lifting heavy things in the north pole. My $500,000 house has been paid off for a few years now, I own a $90,000 diesel truck, and more snowmobiles, dirt bikes, and motorcycles than I care to list. By the time I'm ready to retire, compound interest on my RRSPs will leave me with $5,000,000+ to fall back on. Did I mention I just turned 30, didn't go to university, only got my GED in high school and had my first kid at 17?

Wait, you don't give a shit about what I just typed? WELCOME TO HOW PEOPLE WITH MONEY FEEL when we're told how much money we could have saved by buying this or that instead of what we did.

In the meantime, I'll continue pissing away my $10,000 annual tax return on video games and computers.

kthxbai

It's not even about how much you could have saved. Hell, spend the same amount and build a better rig... :)

We're getting a little bit off topic though. Back to performance tweaks please.

• Like 2