Sign in to follow this  
Just Caused

Ballistic Helmet vs Gorka Helmet?

Hello guys, can anyone explain to me how much damage can ballistic and how much Gorka helmet can take up to? Also, make sure you take visor on and off, so you can see if theres more protection added.  I got both of them, I hear Gorka was a bit buggy ( I've personally reported that to Feedback forum ) they say they fixed it, but people still say its buggy. Is it right? Which one is better?

I have checked DayZ Wiki, but honestly I need player's rating, because only players know how much damage does it really take.

Edited by JustCaused

Gorka last time I heard has no ballistic protection. Either way, helmets aren't exactly that great either. If the dudes aiming up high and nails you with anything over a .22, you're dead.

• Like 1

Gorka last time I heard has no ballistic protection. Either way, helmets aren't exactly that great either. If the dudes aiming up high and nails you with anything over a .22, you're dead.

Not sure that's true about the ballistic. There's more than one account of people being shot in the head (from a distance) and surviving with a ballistic. Sure, they get knocked out and the helmet's ruined, but it does sometimes save lives.

Ballistic looks better but has no visor logically the gorka with visor should protect better. Just dont know if thats the case.

Why there is no visor for ballistic helmet is beyond me because i have one irl. So its not like they dont exist.

Ingame they should offer the same amount of protection.

Ballistic is better vs. Bullets ( Seen a guy from around 600m take a head shot from a Mosin and just go unconscious. )

Gorka is better vs. Melee more precisely Fists, however I got shot in the head from an M4 yesterday at close range and went unconscious...

• Like 1

They are bot h military grade helmets, so they will protect you. But if you are running through a field and someone shoots you in the head with a mosin, you are going to want to be wearing a ballistic helmet. Because if its pristine you will go unconscious, and wake up later.

Thanks for your help guys! And I am wondering, Can your helmet protect you if you are shot in head, not helmet. I mean If you are shot in eye for example, will it be same as they shoot you in helmet? And, does visor actually work? Do they increase protection or anything? And where can I find them?

Ballistic looks better but has no visor logically the gorka with visor should protect better. Just dont know if thats the case.

Why there is no visor for ballistic helmet is beyond me because i have one irl. So its not like they dont exist.

Ingame they should offer the same amount of protection.

Woah, helmets that can come with or WITHOUT a visor? :OOO

Woah, helmets that can come with or WITHOUT a visor? :OOO

Woah, a post just for the sake of posting? :000

helmets saved my life a gazillon times 

like in real life  :  its often the difference between uncocious or dead 

demotivation.us__I-Wont-Wear-A-Helmet-I-

Motorbike helmets will protect you in melee, but not from gunshots.

Ballistic helmets will not protect you from melee, but will protect against gunshots from 300m and over (but not less).

I'm not sure Gorkas do either.

I was watching a video a few days ago where someone took a shot to the dome wearing a visor'ed gorka and he lived to tell about it. He went down but with a bandage from a buddy he was on his feet and really grey. The helmet was destroyed in the process but the player did live as apparent by his video.

The Gorka E helmet will stop bullets, 2-3 from low tier handguns and 1 round from high tier handguns and all rifles.

So in terms of this (i can't 100% confirm it) but I think alot of the helmets work like this:

1. Gorka E Helmet - Provides the best protection from bullets and once the visor is installed it will reduce the chance of a knockout via a melee weapon/fists (Needs confirmation)
  2. Ballistic Helmet - Provides the best protection from bullets but is not very protective with melee weapons
  3. ZSh3 Pilot - Provides decent protection against bullets and blunt trauma but is inferior to the ballistic Helmet (lower ballistic protection but decent melee protection)
  4. Motorbike Helmet - Provides the best protection against Melee Attacks and Fist Attacks reducing the chance of a knockout.
  5. Firefighter Helmet - Like the Motorbike Helmet, best protection against Melee Attacks but is inferior due to no face shield, resulting in a higher chance of a knockout
  6. Skate Helmet - Provides average protection against melee trauma to the head
  7. Hard Hat - Same as Skate Helmet but inferior due to the brighter colors
  8. Tanker Helmet - Purely Cosmetic
  9. Welding Mask - Currently does not protect the face and is purely cosemetic
  • Like 2