Sign in to follow this  
Heatofbattle

What gun was your first shooting kill with?

And you don't ever forget where your first kill was... 

For me, it was NWAF the very south HQ building. I am in looting and a guy opens the door downstairs. I hear it and freeze next to the steps with my Mosin aimed downstairs. Dude comes sprinting in, I shoot him in the chest, and run past him outside. I then camp the doorway, he comes out all paranoid and kneeling with his gun out. I end him with 4 more shots.

It would have been me if the roles were reversed.

Mine was with the magnum in the "prison building" at the NWAF. The guy was upstairs and most likely sorting his stuff as he didn't react at all when my first bullet went into the wall next to him.

I had played for many hours before that and was pretty excited about my first kill.

Although it's a really fuzzy memory because it was almost a year ago, I do believe it was an SKS. Generally speaking, it's always been my go-to weapon due to it and its ammo being relatively easy to find combined with "okay" accuracy and a 10-round internal magazine.

• Like 1

Mine was with an ak47 in the mod a few yes back.. Before that I had shot someone with a 45 twice & ran full speed away (churno) don't know what happens to him.

You do understand how it's going to work then, right? People that spend a lot of time running around the map looting will be the only ones armed, and everyone else will be at their mercy. The casual player will be the ones completely screwed. Be careful what you wish for.

You completely missed my point somehow.

FNX45 in Balota jail building the first night the game was out. Being true to my name I was peepinandcreepin around and I heard a guy run in and threaten me so I axed him and took his 45 then turned around and shot his 2 buddies. Some much butthurt ensued, ended up getting another fnx45 and an m4 for a friend

Although it's a really fuzzy memory because it was almost a year ago, I do believe it was an SKS. Generally speaking, it's always been my go-to weapon due to it and its ammo being relatively easy to find combined with "okay" accuracy and a 10-round internal magazine.

Where are you finding sks ammo?  I almost never see it in any kind of house, only place I find it is at airfields, and I'm not visiting one of those every time I need more ammo...

Where are you finding sks ammo?  I almost never see it in any kind of house, only place I find it is at airfields, and I'm not visiting one of those every time I need more ammo...

Actually, most of what I find is in random houses. Guess it just comes down to luck.

mine was with the blaze in Krasnostav. Was looting a building and went to pick up a back pack when a mosin shot whistled past my head. Ran up the stairs and waited and a few minutes later someone ran into my building straight past the bottom of the steps and looked into the street. Quick head shot and I went from very little gear to fully geared. Result.

I've had the most kills with the blaze actually (only about 4, I don't kill many people), and although I've played since the early days of SA my old computer was a potato so  i couldn't actually make out any details or anything lol.

Edited by Applejaxc

Actually, most of what I find is in random houses. Guess it just comes down to luck.

It is really just luck. Sometimes I find a lot, sometimes I don't find any at all.

Mosin + pristine long range scope. Here's my write up re-posted from last year:

"Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

After getting fully geared up with my first Mosin & long range scope I headed back toward the coast. Inspired by the wolfpack videos on youtube, I decided to head to Kamy to help some new players... I had met a friend there the previous day and had noticed a large number of new friendly players in that crossroads town (had several decent interactions there) so I figured that would be a great starting place with a high chance of seeing new spawns. I was hanging out in the hills above town and noticed a couple of stray bodies in the alleys between houses, but not many live players. Eventually I spotted a fresh spawn coming up off the coast running full speed so I decided to go down there and make contact, but at street level I lost sight of the guy. I got down to the main north/south highway and saw just a pile of bodies in the street, maybe 10-12 bodies, some of them with backpacks and helmets still on. Fortunately the rush of doom that overcame me caused me to instinctively run back towards the tree line instead of immediately searching for the killer. Because of the body count I reasoned that the killer must be still in the area, possibly with backup. Once I felt reasonably well hidden in the woods I began tracking new spawns from afar the same way the killer might, figuring this will lead me to him as he will also be tracking the same player. Sure enough I tracked this new spawn through Kamy, south toward Elektro, and as he was leaving the Kamy town limits this fully kitted player emerges from a cabin with a mosin and a green mountain pack, following a shrub line and fence with his back turned toward me. He shoots on the fleeing new spawn, firing wildly as bambi darts back and forth trying to dodge bullets and exit toward Elektro. I'm able to contain myself enough to gain a good line of sight, prone, and line up the shot from my wooded hillside. I breathe slowly. First shot hits (I think), second shot is the confirmed kill, a lung shot and blood everywhere. The disgusting husk of what was once a player crumbles just like the zombies I had practiced on. The shot was 423m according to the web map, which was near my outer limits for accuracy at that time. I waited around for a couple more minutes and since the foul creature appeared to have no friends I decided to leave his kit for those he meant to torture.

This was one of my most memorable and satisfying video game experiences ever. Without you, KoS halfwits, moments like this simply would not be possible."

• Like 1

i think it was with a makarov on a guy facing the other way. the first gun battle i was in ended in me killing the two baddies but being killed in the process lol. that was with my AKM

Scoped mosin double kill from inside of one of those huge apartment buildings north of balota. Nobody is allowed to shoot my buddy and is getting away with his stuff :P

revived his unconscious char and then we both got sprayed to hell by another dude with an m4...

Yeah, um, this game has been out for a long time now.

A lot of us wouldn't remember this.

This game may currently support a lot of PvP but soon enough, it will not.

Maybe we'll see threads like...."Has anyone been able to find more than 5 bullets at a time?".

I'm looking forward to ALL the tears of the PvP set.

There will always be PVP...unless they remove the ability to kill player characters from the game completely. If you think loot restriction is going to reduce it and not increase it, I don't think we've been playing the same game.

• Like 1

Mosin. 

Guy started to follow me around after I ran into him in a small town. I asked him to stop but he continued. Finally I stated I would shoot him if he continued to follow me and he said, "Oh yeah I bet you don't even have any ammo for it." *Bang* Me: "Apparently I do."

SKS or Mosin. I was a terrible newb and nearly got killed by a guy with an ax because I didn't realize that hip shooting without aiming was basically useless (especially when I wasn't even aiming properly for it).

It was the magnum on the Nort East Airfield,i saw the dude entering the airfield and i warned him to go away if he didnt want to die,a minute later he tried to "hide himself" and try to hit me with his axe.I had to shoot him,i felt sorry for him,but i tried to be friendly and he tried to kill me,so he earned that.

There will always be PVP...unless they remove the ability to kill player characters from the game completely. If you think loot restriction is going to reduce it and not increase it, I don't think we've been playing the same game.

I think you have a limited understanding of the game being developed here.

If you are starving, freezing, sick, and dehydrated, your chief concern won't be a deathmatch.

You can't kill if you don't have a weapon.

You can't shoot if you don't have a bullet.

If you have 7 bullets and the Zeds you see take 5 and there are 3 other KoS assholes in Berezino, how many apples does Johnny have left?

Answer: You Are Dead.

Persistence won't change this much either as we all that actually search the map really enjoy finding your camps/gear that you thought you hid.

And really it's "ok" because for every 2 COD PvP kids that leave because no more DM, we will get 1 survivalist or zombie hunter in his place.  :)

I've played DayZ since the early months of the mod and we still aren't even near the survival elements that were in that version of DayZ.

Edited by BioHaze

First kill? I popped my friend in the back of the head once with an FNX for shits and giggles.

First non-FF kill? 700m with a Mosin. Was taking shots at people running about on Balota from the highrises. Hit a freshy who stopped to loot a dead guy.

I have never killed anyone in this game, ever.

• Like 2