Sign in to follow this  
BeefBacon

4-slot protector cases

Given that protector cases take up 4 slots, it makes sense that they should have a 4-slot capacity - otherwise I think the Time Lords will want their boxes back.

Protector cases protect the items inside. This should be the reward for using them. They shouldn't provide extra inventory space.

Ammo boxes and medkits make sense, however, given that they can only store certain items.

Also can clothes be used to store extra items when placed in the inventory? I'm assuming that's a bug if it hasn't been patched out already.

• Like 1

Yes, you can use clothes to store extra items. I even believe you can use taloonbags to create an unlimited bag, not sure though.
Actually, I'm starting to wonder if you can still place clothes with items inside in your inventory. It might already have been patched out!

I'm in the exam period so can't test it right now ;)

I use a pelican case of the same size at work to ferry M9 pistols. You can fit 8 on there, maybe more. The ammo can could carry things besides ammo in real life. The current inventory system is flawed.

most times the cases saves nothing ^^

They do and they don't, it all depends on their condition and the items you load in them. I've found that a Pristine case will normally protect items 80-90% of the time, there's only a very few cases where it's dropped to Ruined via a pristine case and that was because the item in question was already in an Orange badly damaged state.

A worn or Yellow damaged case is reduced drastically at probably 40-50%, most Pristine items becoming Damaged or Badly Damaged. A ruined case has a chance to protect items at only like 10%, most will become ruined but a few may only be Badly damaged.

EDIT: If Anything I'd like to see large cases, maybe even ones where you can use them as a persistent "stash" of sorts.

Edited by Draco122

In my hunting backpack right now I have four high capacity vests (which take up 6 slots each).

Inside each high capacity vest you'll find two assault vests.

Inside each assault vest you'll find two Gorka jackets.

Inside each Gorka jacket you'll find stuff filling the 6 slots.

This motif is repeated in the high capacity vest on my person, and in my trousers and jacket you'll find another gorka jacket, each full with stuff. There are a few protector cases scattered around too, but for the sake of this discussion we can, ironically, ignore them. So as standard my character has 30 slots in his backpack, 12 slots in his vest, 6 slots in his trousers and 6 slots in his jacket - a total of 54 slots. Thanks to this monstrosity (which isn't anywhere near the limit with this current ridiculous inventory system), this number balloons to 141 slots... and I could have gone further, adding further jackets and protector boxes inside jackets, creating an inventory inception that can't be doing any good for the server I'm on!

That's a 261% increase if I'm not mistaken!

In short, the slot based inventory system has to go. A pictographic inventory system makes sense, but the only way this can be avoided - and still make it reasonable to be able to grab gear for trading with other players - is by switching to a weight based system, using sliders to represent how full an area is. I'm just away to mock something incredibly ugly up, but I'll be back!

Edit: This is how I'd like to see it done. Feel free to reuse, I know my photoshop skills are intimidatingly awe inspiring:

UTbvSFJ.png

Edited by Mithrawndo

why would you want your items protecting? so the player who killed you gets pristine gear? lol. If I find one, damaged or not I just use it for the extra space. I couldn't give a monkeys what condition my gear is in after I take damage :D

I always stuff my raw meat inside of unused clothes or protector cases because I don't like the idea of oozing animal parts all over my good shit. I wish they would implement plastic bags.

In my hunting backpack right now I have four high capacity vests (which take up 6 slots each).

Inside each high capacity vest you'll find two assault vests.

Inside each assault vest you'll find two Gorka jackets.

Inside each Gorka jacket you'll find stuff filling the 6 slots.

This motif is repeated in the high capacity vest on my person, and in my trousers and jacket you'll find another gorka jacket, each full with stuff. There are a few protector cases scattered around too, but for the sake of this discussion we can, ironically, ignore them. So as standard my character has 30 slots in his backpack, 12 slots in his vest, 6 slots in his trousers and 6 slots in his jacket - a total of 54 slots. Thanks to this monstrosity (which isn't anywhere near the limit with this current ridiculous inventory system), this number balloons to 141 slots... and I could have gone further, adding further jackets and protector boxes inside jackets, creating an inventory inception that can't be doing any good for the server I'm on!

That's a 261% increase if I'm not mistaken!

In short, the slot based inventory system has to go. A pictographic inventory system makes sense, but the only way this can be avoided - and still make it reasonable to be able to grab gear for trading with other players - is by switching to a weight based system, using sliders to represent how full an area is. I'm just away to mock something incredibly ugly up, but I'll be back!

Edit: This is how I'd like to see it done. Feel free to reuse, I know my photoshop skills are intimidatingly awe inspiring:UTbvSFJ.png

I agree item inception HAS to stop!

A weight system is highly needed.

• Like 1