OoohShiny

I dont get the reason

What is the point in sneaking up to a low-midgear guy just looting around in a village and AK him down? Food/drinks are no problem in this game. Does the game become too boring for you once you geared up? Is hunting people who have nothing you actually need the ultimate lategame in DayZ? I just dont get it. Do you get off by feeling superior? -
People who get close to you and somewhat pose a threat is something i can understand. But being at an airport or another place for weapons and just shoot everybody even though there is plenty of everything for everybody is just something i cant understand. I just imagine that the number of zombies and their strength needs to be way improved, so people dont get bored so easily and just mess around without good reason. If you play this just for shooting people i strongly suggest switching to call of duty or counterstrike.

Edited by OoohShiny
  • Like 6

Because there are a lot of crappy people in the world who take happiness in making others miserable.

• Like 16

Learn to live with it bro...60% of the time if you're in a high pop server, you WILL get mowed down regardless...just the law of the land.  Once this game evolves from pvp mode to survival mode, then we may experience more positive interactions.  As of now, weapons/ammo/food are plentiful so boredom leads to banditry.

• Like 1

Without PvP there is NOTHING to do in the game. I'm not defending pointlessly downing un-geared players but listen to yourself:

But being at an airport or another place for weapons and just shoot everybody even though there is plenty of everything for everybody is just something i cant understand.

Are you kidding me? Milbases are, always have been and always will be free fire zones. What use is a military grade weapon outside of PVP? Absolute zero. It's pretty fucking safe to assume anyone at a mil base is there to find a gun and shoot you with it. Do it to them first, or give up on the mil bases, get some backcountry survival gear and live off of fishing and game. Perfectly legit way to play the game and you won't get KOS'd so often since you'll be way out in the boonies.

• Like 2

If you got killed at an Airfield or Military Base most everyone there will Shoot on sight, no questions asked.

Not everyone is going to be happy to see you and want to be you friend, so get used to getting killed over/for absolutely nothing at all, because that's just how it is.

I'll kill anyone I see who has a gun, or appears to be geared enough with a pack, which could have a pistol or other firearm stashed inside, been fooled far too many times by people who say their friendly just to be shot in the head moments after.

Because there's not much else to do right now. But as development progresses, these guys will be the first to suffer the full wrath of Mother Chernarus. 

• Like 2

If the constant threat of being killed by random assholes didn't exist I wouldn't be playing this game.

• Like 4

It's a fact that, really, we cannot explain. Why simply shoot your prey when you can stalk it, drag it out and keep "them" on the back of their neck (more appropriately "it", in these circumstances, but even a king needs to admit that those "monkeys" can be people, too.) It adds more consequence and risk factor to the situation, should you fail (you will not) and has a longer lasting effect on both parties involved. Why, I'd say that having a good hunt, or being hunted, can be quite delightful towards your health. But that's just me.

Because many people are like "yo this is so sim, I'll show you how good shooter I am yo and I never leave anyone alive after that one a-hole shot me yo"

When i run around i meet many nice people and i actually never got really betrayed by somebody. Almost everyone is open hostile or friendly. Im not the best sneaker, i stay close to the streets, and dont hide way too much. It would be no problem for me to get punished by it by people who are round about as equipped as i am and could use the stuff i have - but most of the time it is a ridiculous overkill and i just know that everything i carry (mby beside 1 stack of ammo) goes to waste.

I can only imagine that its mostly done by people who run away when they see an enemy equally equipped, and want to feel a bit better by killing the easy prey.

Edited by OoohShiny

To be honest, getting the complete drop on someone is an amazing feeling. Taking time to prepare for the kill, checking distance, ammo, angles, and so many factors adds to the thrill. Then of course the clean kill. 

I've found there is only ONE thing that feels better to this feeling. 

Helping people. 

There is nothing you can do in DayZ that gives you the same emotions you get when you hear someone say "Wow. Thank you so much, thanks for you help and thanks for not killing me".

Some people just prefer one type of feeling to another.

• Like 5

Sneaking up on another player and slaying him gives me a great feeling accomplishment. That's how most of my murders have been committed. I slink around the outskirts of town and catch people unawares. Stealth in games isn't often a viable tactic, but when your flank or patience is rewarded by moving up in the loot ladder, it's very very rewarding. 

I don't always KOS, but sometimes I work for it. 

• Like 4

You can't say it didn't make your heart race a little and give you quite a rush for a few minutes as you stared at the bleak "You are dead" message.

Fortunately or not, "player hunting" is considered a sport by some and just one of the facts of the game. Always keep one eye open and be prepared to defend yourself.

Because there are a lot of crappy people in the world who take happiness in making others miserable.

They can't be that crappy if they are killing you so easily. 

Because there's not much else to do right now. But as development progresses, these guys will be the first to suffer the full wrath of Mother Chernarus. 

OHhhh, I am intrigued. What such wraith we will full prey to?

If the constant threat of being killed by random assholes didn't exist I wouldn't be playing this game.

Agreed, god damn assholes, you got to love [del]us[/del] them

Name of the game - survive. It's a zombie survival game, but right now other survivors are by far the biggest threat in the game (followed closely by ATC/firestation stairs, followed by zeds). Never ever assume you're alone, always be looking for movement and listening. You need to play like the frightened little mouse, always taking cover and keep moving. The biggest defense you have is cover and distance - if someone is after you NEVER stop running to hide or turn around, use your numpad 1 and 3 to look behind you, keep swerving, and get distance. The greater distance, the less likely they are to hit you. Noone will chase you too far, they're typically too lazy.

That being said, don't get lulled into the lazy way of playing - attempting to kill everyone you see. Know that highly populated and full servers are PVP playgrounds that draw other negative elements, if you want to play a casual more safe game a mid-pop server is by far a better bet.

In the end be true to how you want to play. Chenarus is a dangerous place - it needs bad guys (murderers, bandits, kamakazi bambis, crazy people) but it also needs all the good guys it can get. If you want to play the role of neutral to good keep true to that and don't get drawn to the dark side of the force. If you can find 1-2 friendlies who'll coop loot and look out for each other as a rag tag group it helps a lot and can be a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Because you can do whatever you want in DayZ. Maybe try joining an RP community if you don't like the open gameplay.

They can't be that crappy if they are killing you so easily. 

He meant a different kind of crappy I'm pretty sure and being good at killing people doesn't mean you aren't a crappy person

If you really believe what you say OP then keep up that perspective otherwise you'll become that same person you cursed one day 8P

More than likely because you came here to whine about it.

They like your tears, and get sexy kicks from reading topics like this.

Edited by DoctorBadSign

Everyone is a threat in dayz atleast it was in the mod.

The guy with the makarov was just as deadly as the fully kitted guy with an m249.

They killed you because you were a threat.

Why does anyone do anything?  Why are you searching for weapons?  Why are you playing the game?

Because on some level, it's fun.  Fun is subjective.  Your idea of fun doesn't align with these people I guess.  That's perfectly OK, everyone has their own kind of fun.  But you must be tolerant of other people's types of fun as long as they fall within the confines of the game (cheaters can go fuck themselves).

Play to have fun for yourself, and don't worry about other people's motives.  You are responsible for your own good time, no one else is.

I have killed 1 guy solely for equipment once. He was pretty well equipped but for some reason he 1) didnt shoot me and 2) he didnt talk neither, but he crept around me for a while. Then i found a sickle and chased him down and killed him. He didnt even fight me back, just ran away, even though i saw he had better melee weapons, and later found out he had ammo for his ranged weapons - but got him in the end. Half is stuff was ruined, and the feeling of killing somebody who had no intention in harming me was horrible. Thought to myself never doing it again. Later that round i saw somebody camping the door of a house i looted, so i went out the backdoor, flanked and killed him, that felt way better, he was a threat, and his bags were full of human flesh (wtf) - but he was round about as bad as i am, so the fight took several minutes and was pretty even. (Didnt loot him though, dont want to touch the stuff of somebody carrying human flesh) - Im alwas willing to take a hit to talk to somebody, but i have learned that people camping to wait for me coming out or down of something generally dont awnser when talked to, even offering the stuff i have and they could want without the danger of ruining them.

Edited by OoohShiny

Because DayZ is dead. 

What was fun about the mod? 

There were TONS of zombies and while they were easy to dispatch in small numbers if you were inside of a building, you could also get cornered in many buildings and be forced to draw a weapon, which would attract more zombies.. Any stray hit from a zombie could cause you to become infected.. Infection meant you needed antibiotics. Antibiotics were extremely rare. There were only a few places you could even find them (namely, hospitals and crash sights, as well as a few spawns which had them VERY rarely.).. Infection meant anybody could die at any time if they were not extremely careful, and since not everybody on the server could always have anti's, people needed other people.. People would betray one another for antibiotics, to extend their own survival if possible..

It was often necessary to give bloodbags.. Low hunger/thirst, a bunch of small hits, a gun fight, a few unfortunate swipes from a zombie... All could leave you blurry and grey scale and reduce your chances for survival.. If you couldn't get enough food to bring  your blood levels up high enough, you needed a blood bag.. Blood bags were not extremely rare, but you actually needed other players to give them to you.. This along with infection/anti-biotics forced player interactions. 

Also, ONLY NWAF had barracks and the best weapons/items in the game ONLY spawned at NWAF.. The best backpacks could only be found at NWAF, Heli crashes, Stary Sobor, Balota, or NEAF.. This forced people away from the coast if they wanted the best gear.. Being forced away from the coast meant finding a vehicle was extremely useful. Vehicles were hard to get.. This gave people objectives.. Made people group up in order to search for tires/engines/fuel tanks/fuel/glass.. Meanwhile trying to keep themselves fed and hydrated and avoid getting cornered by zombies or spotted by bandits.. The end game WAS making it to NWAF, getting geared, finding tents, etc. 

Nobody trusted bandits to give them blood or antibiotics.. Heroes were, but heroes were often betrayed by survivors.. Survivors could either be your next best friend or turn into your worst enemy.. Bandits would often only hang with other bandits and create small groups to hunt survivors and/or heroes (and/or bandits..)

Vehicles were fairly rare, and difficult to maintain.. Same with Heli's.. Which meant groups/players who had those items were targets and/or gained some foothold on the server.. Camps gave people reasons to seek out additional supplies and allowed people to drop off valuables (such as antibiotics and rare guns) so they could go on raids to high population density areas.

These things made DayZ fun: Community, player interaction, challenge, rivalries.

DayZ SA has very little of any of these. Combine that with rampant hackers, bugs, glitchy PVP, server crashes, client crashes, and you have a game which is frustrating to play while offering very little reward for actually playing. Odds are if you spend 4 hours gearing up, you'll just get shot by a teleporting script kiddie. 

After 900+ hours of playing StandAlone, I just can't justify it anymore. I tried signing in again tonight, and found it intolerable.. Low FPS, laggy animations/movement, unrewarding/unpredictable PVP.. There's virtually no skill involved in the PVP.. DayZ is basically a grief engine. It attracts people who just want to ruin another persons day. It's become a slow version of Call of Duty.. Everyone Most people just want to run around making other people feel bad, either by KOSing them, torturing them, or taunting/name calling them. 

Most PVP = People server hop or dupe or hack to get gear, then they run around high pop areas with lots of fresh spawns/low geared players, and shoot them while they can't defend themselves.. Either by sniping them, shooting them in the back, or having a full squad of guys geared with AK's spraying down low-geared players. None of this requires skill.. There's no stats, leaderboards, and no end game, so there's literally no way to know who's good or who's a bad player.. This means there's no incentive to actually get "good" at the game.. Being "good" just means you're more geared or more adept at shooting people in the back, avoiding people, or finding the best sniper spot to pick off a few people, then combat logging before people hunt you down. 

And don't get me started on the community... Honestly, right up there with World of Warcraft for most psychotic, sociopathic, and  narcissistic community on the internet.

• Like 7