JokersWarPig

I like to aggravate Bandits.

So like everyone else here I'll run into bandits from time to time, usually after I've died and am running from one city to another with nothing other than my jeans and some rags.

A few times now I've had people attempt to mess with me after I've been wounded, they'll order me to do something or handcuff me, things like that. The best feeling in the world to me is ruining their fun even though I'm basically powerless. I just don't cooperate with them.

Like these three guys (the one who killed me came up after I took the screen)

7a56c783-00df-498b-93cc-6f52e04ded75_zps

Shot me in the legs outside Cherno and the guy in the cowboy hat ran up telling me to bandage myself. I told him no, and that I'm not gonna play their game and give them the satisfaction. That's when I heard the first bit of frustration in his voice because he made a pouting sound and then said "Oh yeah? Well...you already did give me my satisfaction"

The next 3 minutes was them saying they'd bandage me and force feed me human meat, and I just told them I'd log out and wait for someone else to either help me or kill me on the next server. This was met with more pouting sounds and grumbles and threats. The whole thing finally ended with a third guy coming up and asking me what rhymed with "bang", and all I said was "Probably the sound of me dying." To which he had no come back for and hesitated before killing me.

This or something like it has happened about 5 times to me now, and I always react the same which just seems to piss the attackers off and ruin it for them, and I love that.

• Like 7

The one part where you went wrong:

You mentioned the words "log out".

Why is that wrong? Because rather than just kill you outright (as I might have done had you not been a fresh spawn) they approached and interacted with you. You could have at least given them (and yourself) the satisfaction of a little role play. Isnt that what all the non-kos carebears are always crying for (and theres nothing wrong with wanting it)?

But I'll give you one thing: at least you don't go around screaming PRESS F2!!! PRESS F2!!!". Last guy that did that to me got my axe stuck in his face...not sure how that happened, but he didn't have a good time.

• Like 3

The next 3 minutes was them saying they'd bandage me and force feed me human meat, and I just told them I'd log out and wait for someone else to either help me or kill me on the next server.

This really disgusts me.. seriously? you'd log out because you won't do stuff? the problem with this community is the log out button, Honestly yes i get annoyed because iv'e been killed many times but to log out just to evade something like this? that's just stupid, yes people will hold you up, yes people are going to keep holding you up, suck it up princess, sometimes you'll get a few laughs out of it even though you'll die..

The game should be about fearing that you'll die not that you'll just log out like a little princess because you are fed up with dying. but to actually be scared that 3 man are holding you up.

Edited by Koala :3
  • Like 3

All good until the log out part.. hahaa seriously how could you not think we were going to hate that bit ??

• Like 2

the problem with this community is the log out button,

so true

although ive said that to some bandits once who had me cornered in red brick building in chernaya polana . which u cant shoot thru the windows btw.

told them. either way they had to come in to kill me. they said i was dead either way. closed the doors. taunted them a bit. only had 12 rounds and a sks. 

these guys both dual ak/mosin ak/sks's. eventually said "well ill just log off and u can watch me". then his mate entered the house. i opened the door. he emptied his clip at nothing.

i tilted to the left. shot him while his mate watched thru the window. eventually i shut doors again. he still thinking he's gonna kill me. he comes in. i lean to left. shoot the same place where his mate is. thru the wooden door. i open it. he's dead. haha. thats how u agrevate them.

then u get to talk to them and they cant talk back. thanks for the gears. love taking down skilled players. 

Edited by R0B3RTF1SH3R
  • Like 2

Woah , i think this thread just attracted two hardcore KOS bandits :) ... Regardless of what you do man , don't log out , that's what these KOSers think they have over us sensical people ; they don't care about the game , or their lifetime in the game , all they want to do is kill pixels , fortunately for us though, that usually makes them easy targets to kill when they are not with their cowardly KOS group, seeing as they are easily tricked for their lust for blood !

My suggestion to you is to knock out the first person that's geared and comes towards you ,(as running away from a full auto group is usually not gonna work, and you normally run into one guy and then the group comes a minute later) run in circles around the group of people if they are definitely going to kill you (just to get some shits an giggles, the hardcore KOS guys get super frustrated if you make them doubt their shooting skills lol) .. But ultimately , keep frustrating those little bitches any way you can besides logging man , cuz you and I and everyone other real man here knows that to be friendly takes balls , to "get the jump on someone " and KOS them , takes cowardice, but if you log out you'll be just as much of a coward as the KOSers ! Just laugh in their face as you die and shrug it off and respawn !

• Like 1

i'll just RP the crap out of situations like this because it's entertainment for me too. but i always am expecting to die in the end. i would attack if i had a melee, might as well try to get out a live.

No, no, do not log off! Just say to them: "Well, I needed a break anyway, so you guys have fun, bye" and then just walk away from your computer leaving the game running. (Or you can sit and watch if you want but do not touch anything)

That's it.

You character is dead anyway, just deprive them of the fun that they get from tormenting you as the person on the other end of the keyboard.

I dont have a problem with messing around in character, but I'm not gonna let someone get their rocks off "torturing" me in a video game. So yeah, the log out threat is an option. If you don't like it and it disgusts you, then sorry? Not sorry?

It's the only instance I consider logging out it, I've lost plenty of characters in the rural parts of Cherno because I'd just accept getting wounded, run up on, and killed by a KoS'er. I have more respect for those guys than I do people who will mess with fresh spawns.

I dont have a problem with messing around in character, but I'm not gonna let someone get their rocks off "torturing" me in a video game. So yeah, the log out threat is an option. If you don't like it and it disgusts you, then sorry? Not sorry?

It's the only instance I consider logging out it, I've lost plenty of characters in the rural parts of Cherno because I'd just accept getting wounded, run up on, and killed by a KoS'er. I have more respect for those guys than I do people who will mess with fresh spawns.

To be fair, you DO make a valid point about people harassing fresh spawns. I personally consider it "unsporting". As said, I would have just killed you outright rather than interacted with you, HAD YOU NOT BEEN A FRESHIE.

DISGUST is a strong word. More like...disagree.

Let me put it to you this way; I was in elektro, attempting to axe another freshie (I was also a freshie, so we were on the same level). he knocked me out in the mele, but just after that a couple of "hero" types rolled up. They were yelling at him for attack ME (I was the aggressor here, they were mistaken). they separated us, patched me up and got me back on my feet, and warned the other guy to "play nice" before leaving. Just as I was waking up, he ran up and bonked me on the head, killing me (to be fair, I was about to try and finish what I started anyway). The heroes saw this, yelling "I JUST saw you kill him!" As they were coming back, through direct I heard the poor bastard continuing to try to explain that I had attacked him first, and that he was just defending himself. They weren't having it, and the last thing I heard before hitting the respawn button was the report of a rifle.

I would have missed out on this hilarious misunderstanding had either of us logged. As it was, I got a good laugh, and had a good time.

My point is, there is sooo much more to this game than just looting up. You gotta find interaction, in whatever form it may be. And when it comes to YOU, count your blessings and see it through for the excitement! you ARE going to die. A lot. And if it weren't for that, 99% of that excitement would be gone.

My main issue with this situation isn't that you logged. Because you DIDNT. Despite your threat, you continued to interact with them, simply by refusing. You challenged and fought them in the only way you were able to. I admire that. HOWEVER, you broke the immersion by reminding everyone involved that we are playing a game, and that as a result, all their effort surviving, gearing, and finding YOU, might go to waste (along with the fun) because of an exploit. You disrespected your fellow player by denying them two things: good interaction, and by telling them that all their work and effort would be for nothing simply on the principle that you don't like getting killed. That's selfish. Why should they be denied just so YOU can go and deny someone else?

People really need to stop worrying about how others play the game. Karma will come back on ALL of us for our misdeeds, one way or another. None shall survive forever. The only people that actually need to change how they play are the obnoxious brats that scream obscenities into their mike when they kill you (treating the game like CoD), Script kiddies, and of course, people who have no respect for what the game is about or their fellow players.

• Like 4

But thats what makes being a fresh spawn so fun man, at least for me. Its the most fun part of the game imo due the big risk everyone imposes on you. I don't understand why you want to make the game less enjoyable for someone else man, killing fresh spawns is part of the game.

I just keep a list of names I gather from threads like these, and when I see them on the same server I'm on I know that it's time to shoot first and ask questions later.......I'm sure it results in some innocents dying but as long as you have neandrathals that find amusement in abusing other players as opposed to trying to survive the game itself, that's the way it's going to be.

I could care less if I "ruin someone elses fun" by logging off if their idea of fun is running around in a group and ambushing people just to torture them..........tough cookies for them I say.

I think some of you may have misread.

I did not log out, I was killed by one of them. I threatened to log out in their face, I never did it.

Like I said it was another 2 minutes of them arguing about me not cooperating or what to do with me before I finally got to one of them and they killed me

Te point of me telling them is log out was to further ruin their idea of fun, I had a broken leg and refused to bandage so I wa dead no matter what. I'm ok with dying in day z, just not with people Torturing me as a freshie

Te point of me telling them is log out was to further ruin their idea of fun, I had a broken leg and refused to bandage so I wa dead no matter what. I'm ok with dying in day z, just not with people Torturing me as a freshie

SILLY

I say ruin their fun any way possible ;) Certain things ruin the game certain people. Some hate that you're killed as a freshie without good interaction. Just shot from a distance for nothing. Others hate that people would log out and deny them a kill or roleplay. Well, eitherway you see it, some people are going to ruin some of the game for others. If it gives YOU satisfaction of denying them their douchebaggery, then I say good on you :)

I'm not a bandit, but it sure does seem like a better idea to let the new spawns explore and go get some loot before they off them.  I know the bandits would still have better stuff, but wouldn't the perceived loss be greater, thus increasing the Schadenfreude?

• Like 1

On the opposite side of the spectrum the funniest shit I've experienced in Dayz is when 4 of my buddies and I who were well armed found a lone wolf who had a pristine press vest,  (this is like 5 updates ago).

The guy just stopped in his tracks and said to us... oh shit......  and I said on the voice... "my friends want your press vest, we'll be taking that".

He didn't cooperate either but was promptly shot in the head.  I feel bad but I've never seen a press vest on the ground to pick up.

OP, you should have taken the chance to hone your communication skills, and tried to talk your way out of being executed instead of just giving up like that! You would have gotten a bigger buzz if you had talked them into letting them spare you rather than giving them a reason to finish you off! Never give 'em a reason to kill you if you aren't a threat. You aren't going to change them if you encourage them to put a bullet in your head!

OP, you should have taken the chance to hone your communication skills, and tried to talk your way out of being executed instead of just giving up like that! You would have gotten a bigger buzz if you had talked them into letting them spare you rather than giving them a reason to finish you off! Never give 'em a reason to kill you if you aren't a threat. You aren't going to change them if you encourage them to put a bullet in your head!

They were unlikely to spare him, regardless of what he said to them.

They were unlikely to spare him, regardless of what he said to them.

'unlikely' being the operative word my friend! He could have played along, tugged at their heartstrings a bit, even try to make 'em laugh as the old saying goes, but he got all butthurt on 'em... Look at his post, they didn't kill him right away, and even after some petulant answers they still didn't kill him... However I am basing it on the way I play. when I spawn in, I want my character to survive no matter what the cost. If my character is unlucky enough to get captured by sadists? I want to get him out of it by whatever means and survive, cos survival is the true end game here! If I die I fail, so I dont encourage players to execute me!!!

Edited by Jock McScottish
  • Like 1

You have to wonder about those who enjoy finding fresh spawns and "torturing" them in game, seems like to me something is missing in their life if their default role playing in this game is bandit / sadist, there is so much more to the game without defaulting into busting other players - IMO

• Like 1