Survivor05

Can a moderator...or anyone give me some advice?

Whenever I play DayZ Standalone and find someone I always end up dying I wait for someone to speak and I always hear some twelve year old laugh in his mic and say "Get rekted faggot." Seriously do adults even play this game? Anyway I need advice on how to stay alive when coming into player contact. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Survivor05

Whenever I play DayZ Standalone and find someone I always end up dying I wait for someone to speak and I always hear some twelve year old laugh in his mic and say "Get rekted faggot." Seriously do adults even play this game? Anyway I need advice on how to stay alive when coming into player contact. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I mean your best bet is when they do not respond state firmly, say something or die. And if not. YOu just gotta kill em. With this tactic I really havn't KOSed in idk how long. But I really havn't murdered anybody without speaking in a while. I generally try to get them to say something. Or just become a KOSer until you find a tactic that works. Trial and error is best really.

• Like 2

Without exaggeration I'd say your chances to survive for more than a week within the line of sight and the weapon range of unknown players are lower than spending one week in the foremost frontline at battle of Verdun.

• Like 1

Anyway I need advice on how to stay alive when coming into player contact.

100% honest, the only way to guarantee your safety is for you to know he's there without him knowing you're there.

If you have something he wants (or if he's bored) he'll kill you. Exceptions to this happen, but you're going to have to really get a sample from many different people to get that.

• Like 2

I had this problem when I started playing standalone as well ... Make sure to be moving at all times , even when talking with another survivor... Don't stay if they are silent (they are most likely on teamspeak talking with their deuchbag group) and don't listen to their suggestions , spend as little time with them as possible , even less time if they are in a group and never turn your back on them unless you know them in real life ..

When you finally meet a survivor and are out in the open but want to talk to him further , tell him to come inside a building with you and make sure to never take your eyes off of him and to keep at least 6-7 feet away from him to keep personal space , and make sure to think about everything he says and does: does he have ammo , is he desperate sounding , does he sound like a 12 year old troll with friends nearby, does he get too close to you with his weapon out without respecting your space ? If so I'd become incredibly suspicious and try and ditch the kid promptly,and murder him if he's tried to mess with you once , but this is the thing Use communication to your advantage ; if someone has just seen you and come to talk but he gives you a bad feeling , tell him anything to get him distracted so you can make a move outta there (killing him would be ok , but to really train hard , and become better than the KOSers, try and use communication to escape situations , not bullets) , say you have friends checking the nearby police building or say you have bullets and will shoot if they come close (when really you just have an empty gun) some will really stay away while others will continue to advance, that's why you keep space between you and them at all times and run when the going gets tough ..

And finally my suggestion to you is to NOT Crave player to player interaction just yet , get to know the map , get down your accuracy and speaking skills by being a bandit for a while and start to rob people (I'm a hero now but I got my start in the mod being a dirty Bandit) or by playing a hero (which is considerably harder but much more rewarding) and by trying to talk friendlies out of making bad decisions and saving true friendly people from bandits .

Believe it or not , It's a perfect way to get a feel for agressive situations (being bandit or hero , but solving problems with communication regardless), because most of the time when you hold someone up they will not comply and you will have to decide whether to shoot them and increase your accuracy (lol) or try and talk them into not making a big mistake, either way you're practicing your sense of control over conversations and situations like this and after a while of holding people up it will make conversation with friendlies easier , due to the practice you had controlling your nerves and your quick decisions during conversations . So after a few weeks of figuring out how to truly protect yourself with both your weapon and your words, one day you will just realize that there are a lot less random deaths when you meet up with someone ...

Mostly our thoughts when we play a game like this is to find someone to share the awesomeness with , and If you don't have real life friends that play dayz you're naturally going to want to team up with a stranger , that's a great decision but remember to NEVER let your guard down and take these tips that I've listed above , remember the object isn't to KILL (although you should practice accuracy somehow) but the real goal is to practice your sense of self control and quick decision making , and also training yourself to keep agile at all times because most deaths by another survivor happen When you're not paying attention or standing still talking to someone you think is a hero but is actually a butt hole waiting for you to turn around ...

Above all , remember , this is An apocalypse and even the good will attack out of fear , so make sure to use your communication wisely because you might just convince another fearful survivor that you're not out for blood but for friendship , and eventually it does work and you will make friends and have some of the best player to player interactions because you will 85% of the time survive !

• Like 4

Grapefruit's advice is good. Try to make contact at s time and place of your choosing. Make sure you're good with your weapons so you can back up your words with force. Anyone with a raised weapon is a threat, especially anyone who raises their weapon and keeps it up after seeing you. If you're better armed tell them to simply put their weapon away or risk death. Something like "if you want to survive, put away that Derringer". Kill immediately anyone who charges you, don't waste time with these clowns. They're taking a gamble and simply want all your gear to save some time gearing up so put them in timeout. The sawed off shotgun is a perfect up close weapon for punishing charging numbskulls.

Make sure you use your mic when you see someone and avoid like the plague anyone who won't speak... They're either not serious players or are trying to figure out what weapon to kill you with. Tell them to leave or leave the area yourself. Same goes for anyone who just sounds douchey or drunk. Keep moving around if out in the open unless you have a really easily defended position.

Any new friendly you encounter you should agree to respect a safe zone around each other and can trade this way buy putting items at your feet and switching spots. Get the steam names of friendlies and build a roster if you want.

Edit: and if you try to hold me up I'm sorry but you're not gonna make it. It's a risky profession and you're better off initiating conversation and not making it adversarial.

Edited by Old_Crow_Whiskey

I had this problem when I started playing standalone as well ... Make sure to be moving at all times , even when talking with another survivor... Don't stay if they are silent (they are most likely on teamspeak talking with their deuchbag group) and don't listen to their suggestions , spend as little time with them as possible , even less time if they are in a group and never turn your back on them unless you know them in real life ..

When you finally meet a survivor and are out in the open but want to talk to him further , tell him to come inside a building with you and make sure to never take your eyes off of him and to keep at least 6-7 feet away from him to keep personal space , and make sure to think about everything he says and does: does he have ammo , is he desperate sounding , does he sound like a 12 year old troll with friends nearby, does he get too close to you with his weapon out without respecting your space ? If so I'd become incredibly suspicious and try and ditch the kid promptly,and murder him if he's tried to mess with you once , but this is the thing Use communication to your advantage ; if someone has just seen you and come to talk but he gives you a bad feeling , tell him anything to get him distracted so you can make a move outta there (killing him would be ok , but to really train hard , and become better than the KOSers, try and use communication to escape situations , not bullets) , say you have friends checking the nearby police building or say you have bullets and will shoot if they come close (when really you just have an empty gun) some will really stay away while others will continue to advance, that's why you keep space between you and them at all times and run when the going gets tough ..

And finally my suggestion to you is to NOT Crave player to player interaction just yet , get to know the map , get down your accuracy and speaking skills by being a bandit for a while and start to rob people (I'm a hero now but I got my start in the mod being a dirty Bandit) or by playing a hero (which is considerably harder but much more rewarding) and by trying to talk friendlies out of making bad decisions and saving true friendly people from bandits .

Believe it or not , It's a perfect way to get a feel for agressive situations (being bandit or hero , but solving problems with communication regardless), because most of the time when you hold someone up they will not comply and you will have to decide whether to shoot them and increase your accuracy (lol) or try and talk them into not making a big mistake, either way you're practicing your sense of control over conversations and situations like this and after a while of holding people up it will make conversation with friendlies easier , due to the practice you had controlling your nerves and your quick decisions during conversations . So after a few weeks of figuring out how to truly protect yourself with both your weapon and your words, one day you will just realize that there are a lot less random deaths when you meet up with someone ...

Mostly our thoughts when we play a game like this is to find someone to share the awesomeness with , and If you don't have real life friends that play dayz you're naturally going to want to team up with a stranger , that's a great decision but remember to NEVER let your guard down and take these tips that I've listed above , remember the object isn't to KILL (although you should practice accuracy somehow) but the real goal is to practice your sense of self control and quick decision making , and also training yourself to keep agile at all times because most deaths by another survivor happen When you're not paying attention or standing still talking to someone you think is a hero but is actually a butt hole waiting for you to turn around ...

Above all , remember , this is An apocalypse and even the good will attack out of fear , so make sure to use your communication wisely because you might just convince another fearful survivor that you're not out for blood but for friendship , and eventually it does work and you will make friends and have some of the best player to player interactions because you will 85% of the time survive !

this needs to be a game guide. very well thought out. 

Yeah, everyone is a fucking idiot. You never meet the people who talk here on the forums. Instead, you meet little teens who never shut their cock holster. You need to roll with a trusted crew and then every time you find a whiny teen, handcuff him and break his legs.

I've had decent luck, about 50/50 friendlies vs aggressive dummies. If you're well geared people tend to run fast or shoot fast so it's harder to engage if you're well set up and you happen upon someone without warning. In my experience most of the wreckless aggressive players don't speak at all or try to type to you.

• Like 1

Look for private Servers get whitelisted and you're good to go.
  • Like 1

Yeah, everyone is a fucking idiot. You never meet the people who talk here on the forums. Instead, you meet little teens who never shut their cock holster. You need to roll with a trusted crew and then every time you find a whiny teen, handcuff him and break his legs.

who's get your belly ricky?

• Like 1

Like every game that's ever gotten popular or 'gone viral' dayZ has it's share if immature asshats.

My group and I play as 'opportunistic survivors'. That is, we are neither purely player killers nor are we inherently 'friendly'. every player we encounter is taken on a case-by-case basis; but at the end of the day success is measured my surviving for one more day. We frequently rob players as a means of getting what we want with less travel.

some keys to 'successful interaction' (IE; Surviving the encounter) as learned thru many hours of experience-

1. Be firm, in control and direct when initiating contact.

2. Make it clear immediately that you mean business and won't hesitate to defend yourself (and follow thru if needed)

3. Be aware and choose your moment. i can't emphasize this enough. don't let the other player dictate your movements, if you know of their presence first, keep a low profile and try to catch them looting or indoors where any potential friends or clan-mates can't cover them easily.

4. DON'T HESITATE TO KILL if you feel something is wrong/off. a common tactic for us group players when we get caught out is to stall long enough for our mates to adjust positions as needed or move in.

5. ENJOY THE GAME. don't let a few bad encounters color your view of the entire player base or the game it's self. rather PvPer, KoS, Hero, Bandit, or something in between- enjoy the game YOUR WAY. find a like minded group- or if your really determined start your own! what ever your fancy, remember that it's a GAME and enjoy yourself.

• Like 1

Excellent advise above.

I've generally had pretty bad luck with interaction, but never really minded the outcome. Part of what makes DayZ more interesting than other games actually :-)

However, I quickly discovered that hiding your most sought-after gear in a safe place before making contact makes a huge difference ! 

It takes the anxiety away. If you die, you can always rush back to pick your gear up. Most of the time, it's still there. And there is less incentive to kill you if your gear is average.

Certainly not 100% foolproof, but a great exercise in learning what works and doesn't while in contact.

Some will call it it chickening out, I don't.

Red

Edited by RedGuard

It's so funny you mention the 12 year old saying those exact words because a tweaker killed me twice today using a teleporter laughing in his prepubecant voice.

But yeah, mostly if you get the drop on someone where you have the upper hand you can gauge someone's intentions better. I mean, damn, I even made a friend of a guy who thought I was a zombie and shot at me after we pointed guns at each other for a good while.

A lot of times lesser geared players my friends and I help out but also tell them if they follow us they will be shot. They thank us and go separate ways. If they're asshats, you'll see them coming and blamo.

DON'T touch my fuckin' belly

NOT IN THE MOOD BUBBLES!

You saw them 1st and you waited til they speak to you, is that right? Were you armed?.... What does rekted mean?

Well that was know one I know, what a none orignal thing to say to someone your about "KOS" just standing looking at each other......seconds go by then BANG "Get rekted faggot hahaaha"...... At least say something funny....sounds like some in game jerk-offs got the better of you Im sorry to say. Not like smart players neither, were talking some top teir die 3 times a night electro ass-hats here. You know the ones that hang out on the coast an prey apon freshys and new players, until they get preyed apon. We gotta get you squared away.... :huh: You cant let this happen again!

Man oh man I remember when I 1st started playing KOSers were at least kind of funny, so at least you could get a luagh out of it....These kids today dont know shit!

Edited by CJFlint

What does rekted mean?

That's what the 10 year old squeakers shout when they kill someone

That's what the 10 year old squeakers shout when they kill someone

I believe the correct phrase is "GIT REKT BITCH!!1"

Hey guys thanks for the replies...I have read all of them and I enjoyed the advice that was given...I will definately use the tips the next time I play...When I typed this I sounded so nooby but oh well. I don't enjoy killing other players but I'll have to next time someone doesn't talk...Frankie usually has no trouble with friendly interaction...And then theres me getting killed by 12 year olds who's only purpose in the game is to kill people...I got dealt the wrong hand I guess.

Edited by Survivor05
  • Like 1

Hey guys thanks for the replies...I have read all of them and I enjoyed the advice that was given...I will definately use the tips the next time I play...When I typed this I sounded so nooby but oh well. I don't enjoy killing other players but I'll have to next time someone doesn't talk...Frankie usually has no trouble with friendly interaction...And then theres me getting killed by 12 year olds who's only purpose in the game is to kill people...I got dealt the wrong hand I guess.

it happens to everyone mate. theirs no such thing as safety and the veteran predator can become the prey in an instant just because some noob with weapon got the drop on him while he was doing something or was distracted.

Also you mention frankie- i assume your mean the well-known youtuber? it's important to note that most of the videos posted by 'tubers are cut from thousands of hours of gameplay. im not saying thier all staged or anything, but the don't accurately portray real-time game-play and the amount of unfavorable experiences along the way

The human psyche.. such an interesting thing.

Here is where this game DayZ comes into it's own.

When you die you lose everything, you have to start from scratch.

Patience, time, tactical thinking, risk and effort can be rewarded. Sometimes it is all lost because of the most trivial of things.

After a while you will die less from those trivial things and player interaction will be the main cause of your deaths.

It all comes down to one thing; Trust.

Do you have it? Are you willing to give it.

Perhaps yours was taken from you so now you trust no longer?

In the end you can never see what others are thinking. But there are warning signs that others have mentioned here in this thread.

Be aware. Don't leave yourself vulnerable. Only when you find those you know you can trust can you turn your back on them.

Until then you need to think tactically.

Stick to the shadows and tree lines. Don't stay in places too long. Stay in control of the situation. Always have an escape plan. Always.

Player interaction is a huge part of this game. How you choose to interact is up to you.

Good luck ;)

Edited by Rick Machete Grimes

The human psyche.. such an interesting thing.

Here is where this game DayZ comes into it's own.

When you die you lose everything, you have to start from scratch.

Patience, time, tactical thinking, risk and effort can be rewarded. Sometimes it is all lost because of the most trivial of things.

After a while you will die less from those trivial things and player interaction will be the main cause of your deaths.

It all comes down to one thing; Trust.

Do you have it? Are you willing to give it.

Perhaps yours was taken from you so now you trust no longer?

In the end you can never see what others are thinking. But there are warning signs that others have mentioned here in this thread.

Be aware. Don't leave yourself vulnerable. Only when you find those you know you can trust can you turn your back on them.

Until then you need to think tactically.

Stick to the shadows and tree lines. Don't stay in places too long. Stay in control of the situation. Always have an escape plan. Always.

Player interaction is a huge part of this game. How you choose to interact is up to you.

Good luck ;)

Thanks dude

it happens to everyone mate. theirs no such thing as safety and the veteran predator can become the prey in an instant just because some noob with weapon got the drop on him while he was doing something or was distracted.

Also you mention frankie- i assume your mean the well-known youtuber? it's important to note that most of the videos posted by 'tubers are cut from thousands of hours of gameplay. im not saying thier all staged or anything, but the don't accurately portray real-time game-play and the amount of unfavorable experiences along the way

Yeah I thought about that but wouldn't it also be good for the 'tubers to show some of the unfavorable experiences too? I mean it would make them so much more interesting to see some of them instead of just seeing Frankie meet a nice person.