MatchboxChick

Tired running around for trucks >=[

We could just follow the "Don't call 'em zombies" trope, and come up with names for them ourselves.

That bugs the shit out of me. Was so happy when they called them Zed's and Zombies in State of Decay. So small and stupid, but so satisfying for me.

My mate and I found our first truck purely by accident the other day - it was fucking awful!

OK devs take note here - In arma 2 we had the same crap as we do here in that everyone is too tall for the seats!

Do you not test these things out for yourselves. When I sit in my car, my eyes are not level with the top of the windows.

How on earth you even get it to look like this is beyond me.

Am I correct in saying they respawn on a server restart?

I found two trucks in 1 hr run yday. 1 near Myshkino & the second one near topliniki? Toplsomething near NWAF.

We left one truck behind, but didnt bother going back after we found the second truck. Im curious about this aswell. Anyone? ~ im wondering for persistance:on private servers.

For some reason the first truck didnt want to go pass 30kmph, it had about 20 litres of fuel left. 2nd one we filled all the way up, we drove over 80, 70 uphill.

Does the fuel effects the trucks performance? We know about "shift".

Edited by halp

For those that cant stand the sounds of trucks.....

- Turn your in game volume down. Works like a charm.

Trucks are out there, just spawns in random spots.

There are currently only three trucks spawning per server, to my knowledge. Adding more spawn points only makes it harder to find them. Statistically, if you are looking by yourself, you are unlikely to find one.

I *think* that there are actually 5 now - just spread over many more spawn points. The 2-truck boost came with the Christmas update.

My mate and I found our first truck purely by accident the other day - it was fucking awful!

OK devs take note here - In arma 2 we had the same crap as we do here in that everyone is too tall for the seats!

Do you not test these things out for yourselves. When I sit in my car, my eyes are not level with the top of the windows.

How on earth you even get it to look like this is beyond me.

Relax man, it's just a minor bug. There were much more serious issues that had to be dealt with before and during experimental. This isn't exactly game-breaking.

And yes, trucks are not yet tied to persistence so they respawn upon server restart. This is the main reason I haven't bothered to look for them (though I've found two by accident).

Edited by solodude23

Be careful what you wish for!

I view the new truck almost as a novelty thing in dayz currently, not really even all that practical other getting around little faster. There not persist yet and you cant carry anything but a passenger yet. Driving them is fun, riding passenger is kind of laggy. There noisy even for a liter server in fact I got shot at in one lol Not something I'm going to go crazy looking for.

sorry to sound like a party pooper, it is good to see them. But it is still pretty early

Edited by CJFlint

I've only found one once (when I wasn't even looking for it of course) in Gorka. Taking it for a joy ride was probably the most fun I had in DayZ SA! It was like sneaking out your parents' car or something.  It was a BLAST!  I was fully expecting to be shot, but I didn't care. I drove it until it ran out of gas around Kabanino. Survived my joyride.  But I haven't been able to find one since... bummer.

I've only found one once (when I wasn't even looking for it of course) in Gorka. Taking it for a joy ride was probably the most fun I had in DayZ SA! It was like sneaking out your parents' car or something. It was a BLAST! I was fully expecting to be shot, but I didn't care. I drove it until it ran out of gas around Kabanino. Survived my joyride. But I haven't been able to find one since... bummer.

who ever shot at ours failed to hit the truck lol....thats pretty bad

Edited by CJFlint

I swear, the implementation of these trucks has been like watching a kid have more fun playing with the box than the toy that was in it.

• Like 1

I think 5 spawn locations isn't working for me and hope they include more, I know trucks at the end of development won't be the only thing available. I guess, I find pleasure driving to locations faster rather than running across the fields as I have been for months.

I think 5 spawn locations isn't working for me and hope they include more, I know trucks at the end of development won't be the only thing available. I guess, I find pleasure driving to locations faster rather than running across the fields as I have been for months.

yes, but as mentioned before at the end of development there will only be 10-20 vehicles per server. so 5 trucks seems ok

No way to store fuel can on truck = dumb

and what makes you think it will stay that way ? Do you even READ what the devs said about the first itteration...gosh...

Ironically, last night me and another guy found 3 trucks within eyes view, less than a mile away from each other, then changed servers later and found 2 more. I know their most common spawn as I found 5 in one area but I'm not giving that away xD

SO many of you haven't got a clue as to what DayZ is going to become.

Reading post after post of the same stuff just makes me:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Within the coming months vehicles will be polished, new models implemented, and parts/servicing parts will be implemented as well.

Finding and maintaining vehicles is going to become increasing difficult as time goes on.

Right now, with no parts to install and only gas needed, it's probably one of the EASIEST times we will have at using a functioning vehicle, whether buggy or not.

SO many of you haven't got a clue as to what DayZ is going to become.

Reading post after post of the same stuff just makes me:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Within the coming months vehicles will be polished, new models implemented, and parts/servicing parts will be implemented as well.

Finding and maintaining vehicles is going to become increasing difficult as time goes on.

Right now, with no parts to install and only gas needed, it's probably one of the EASIEST times we will have at using a functioning vehicle, whether buggy or not.

Lawl your so smart, you read right of dev post on 2015 roadmap. Never would have guessed any of those things .. Lol

I logged on yesterday near the NW/AF and headed down to Vibor and had the choise of three working vehicles. I'm always quite lucky ^_^ :thumbsup:

I found two trucks in 1 hr run yday. 1 near Myshkino & the second one near topliniki? Toplsomething near NWAF.

We left one truck behind, but didnt bother going back after we found the second truck. Im curious about this aswell. Anyone? ~ im wondering for persistance:on private servers.

For some reason the first truck didnt want to go pass 30kmph, it had about 20 litres of fuel left. 2nd one we filled all the way up, we drove over 80, 70 uphill.

Does the fuel effects the trucks performance? We know about "shift".

I used turbo to get it running - seemed to accelerate so slow so add turbo and once it's got going it seems good. :)

There fun to drive, buggy to ride shot gun in. Pretty wishy washy currently. Kind of rolling the dice, wether your just going to crash into something glitch out and die.  Sure is fun though LOL

Edited by CJFlint

I drove a truck now several time for dozens of cilometres and didn't get to see only one glitch. The only thing annoying is the steering.

i have found two thus far, but it's not easy especially if you're alone. ive found one in vybor and the other one was in msta, and i even lost it to another player because i was looking for a jerry can in the msta. it was such a face palm moment as he jumps into it so quick once he saw me. it takes like 4-5 full jerry cans to fill up the truck completely, but it's fun to drive...and i would only stay on the road to get maximum speed. but yeah, you're not alone - it comes down to luck to find them, and find them before somebody else does.

Hate to burst your bubbles but, as it's been pointed out, get used to all the running because you'll be doing a lot of it while hauling back parts to even get a vehicle working.

• Like 1

I cannot find one single truck and I have literally searched for hours. I mean maybe across the few weeks I play, maybe 7 hours just searching for trucks. Searched well over a dozan locations, and searched them countless times.

They are not persistent and do not carry anything other than 2 players so the only purpose for trucks at the moment is to shorten travel time. Wouldn't that make running around looking specifically for them counter intuitive? I mean if you are passing a possible spawn point anyway, then by all means look, but "just searching for trucks" seems backwards.

I've found two, both at the quarry near Severograd.  The first one (.51) seemed to accelerate properly, so I took it to the edge of the map up north with the intention of driving it into the no-man's land desert as far as it would go, just because - but I didn't know that as soon as you reach the map's edge you fall through to your death. The second one (.52) I could barely get up enough torque to get out of the quarry but I eventually made it.  I abandoned it near Gvozdno because of the noise, devs should put a bumper sticker on that thing that says "Bullet Magnet" or "Please Shoot Me"

Had a DayZ break are trucks permenant like tents?