SaviorSixx

Killed a combat logger...

It is pretty much a community guide to a perfect world. Which I personally think is great and gets the job done

Not really if you try to suppress how ppl behave they will just do it more.

I killed someone yesterday. I ate a zucchini after. Then a box of cereal. Then washed it down with two canteens and then ate some powdered milk. Washed that down with another canteen. Opened 4 cans of beans, ate those, got stuffed. Ran around for about 20 minutes, got hungry again. Found some more food, ate it, got hot from running around then cold when I stopped. Made a fire, wouldn't stop shaking. Managed my inventory, met up with a friend, ate some more, drank more water. But to keep a long story short, I killed someone yesterday.

• Like 2

Those players will get caught anyways if your that worried about it.

But you seem to really want ppl to play your way or the highway half of the time anyways it seems. At least by most of the comments you'v made.

Unfortunately due to the longevity and range of many engagements in DayZ, the logout timer is nowhere near enough time to catch most combat loggers and there's likely not much that can be done about that. I wouldn't mind if the timer were increased to at least 45s myself.

It's hard to know if the guy from OP's story was actually combat logging so that's a different story, but true combat logging is in no way playing the game. It's literally leaving the server to avoid the game itself and that is not a valid playstyle.

Edited by solodude23

Unfortunately due to the longevity and range of many engagements in DayZ, the logout timer is nowhere near enough time to catch most combat loggers and there's likely not much that can be done about that. I wouldn't mind if the timer were increased to at least 45s myself.

It's hard to know if the guy from OP's story was actually combat logging so that's a different story, but true combat logging is in no way playing the game. It's literally leaving the server to avoid the game itself and that is not a valid playstyle.

Its 75 seconds for Arma 3: Breaking Point. I would have no issue with a log out timer that long.

• Like 1

Its 75 seconds for Arma 3: Breaking Point. I would have no issue with a log out timer that long.

That would feel much more appropriate for the type of game DayZ is.

That would feel much more appropriate for the type of game DayZ is.

Luv BP, I wouldn't mind a longer logout timer.  It would take away a lot of ambiguity I feel about this kill.

We need to be able to loot other peoples backpacks while they wear them again, then the friendlys can teach em a lesson by emptying there packs :)

Who cares who or what he was? He's dead. You're not. He left himself wide open to attack. He brought it on himself.

Welcome to Chernarus. 

• Like 2

I killed a combat logger early once.

I incidentally trapped a kitted player holding an assault rifle and questioned his intentions through a window, with crosshairs on the back of his head.

Next thing I know, without a word he goes into the log out routine.

Had he done anything else he would have at least had a chance to live (I don't KoS or go looking for PvP usually).

Unfortunately, this is something that has existed since the dawn of online gaming and I've been robbed of satisfaction more than once because a sore loser pulled the plug.

DayZ at least has the timer....

• Like 3

Those players will get caught anyways if your that worried about it.

But you seem to really want ppl to play your way or the highway half of the time anyways it seems. At least by most of the comments you'v made.

I don't see how his responses are insisting that people play the way he does or wants them to, he's simply voicing his disgust with server-hoppers and combat-loggers, the only thing he is insisting on is that these types of players be stopped, and by being shot and killed when found to be doing either of the above.

It annoys me too tbh.

• Like 1

Who gives a shit! :o

You know what I always look for a hidden place like in the woods far away from anything to log out for this vary reason....think about it, you at risk when you log out and in...come one. If I was at a base if I see anyone I dont know, I am shooting them and they get a 1st class ticket back to the coast regardless of WTF there doing. Everyone knows that is a KOS area...it common knowlege. I mean come on lets talk about something more complex....something more constructive.....we all know the anser to this one, for pete sakes!

Lets talk about the DayZ X-mas 2014 cease fire/potluck.....em k

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 2

he's simply voicing his disgust with server-hoppers and combat-loggers, the only thing he is insisting on is that these types of players be stopped.

Server hopping is being ENCOURAGED with the development of this game. Did you not read the developers Blogs where they stated they wanted to randomize vehicle parts to different servers and not just all on one server? So in order to find vehicle parts you are FORCED to server hop to get your vehicle running, etc. Maybe that mind set has been changed but it certainly was put in as being the method they have chosen to go with for specific items and gear.

If you want to stop it completely than your going to have to get developers to not go that route with gear and items.

Server hopping is being ENCOURAGED with the development of this game. Did you not read the developers Blogs where they stated they wanted to randomize vehicle parts to different servers and not just all on one server? So in order to find vehicle parts you are FORCED to server hop to get your vehicle running, etc. Maybe that mind set has been changed but it certainly was put in as being the method they have chosen to go with for specific items and gear.

If you want to stop it completely than your going to have to get developers to not go that route with gear and items.

But you are not being FORCED to get a vehicle, that's a choice the player will make for themselves, the only ones actively server-hopping are the "Lonewolfs" who have no one to sort of pool the parts they do find together, so in a way, perhaps the devs want people to start forming groups or joining into others to get these parts and work on something together.

Besides, while it's nice getting from point A to point B faster in a truck, it's not required, it just speeds up getting from place to place.

• Like 1

i like the interaction so i will stay and enjoy the rush, i don't care... and i don't care if someone wants to log out on purpose to avoid conflict/death (but they are missing out)- that's their call and they just need to be aware of the log out timer so they'll decide if that's the best option. i probably wouldn't even kill them if i had the chance, too easy and no fun. the beauty of this game is free will - shouldn't be any set rules of the way you must play.

• Like 4

some guy was logging out to avoid a potentially lethal hostile encounter with you and you punish him for it by smoking him (WHILE HE'S COMPLETELY DEFENSELESS) ?

a real hero you are...

tell me...what lesson did you teach him? that he should've just fired at you as soon as you started running up to the building? because that's exactly what he's going to do next time is KOS

A hero is irrelevant. He chose poorly where he was logging out. Also read the story again. Your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired.

• Like 1

A hero is irrelevant. He chose poorly where he was logging out. Also read the story again. Your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired.

I thought this, what if he catastrophically logged out at the same time I entered the building.  I don't believe in coincidences. 

Dayz is a game that can severely punish you for giving others the benefit of the doubt. And often, you do not receive the same in return. Simple as that. It's also a game that rewards the opportunistic. OP had an opportunity to improve his situation, and the assumption that his target was combat logging made his choice easy.

And just ignore deathlove. He has to argue with everything in every thread. Damn Indy hipsters...

• Like 4

Dayz is a game that can severely punish you for giving others the benefit of the doubt. And often, you do not receive the same in return. Simple as that. It's also a game that rewards the opportunistic. OP had an opportunity to improve his situation, and the assumption that his target was combat logging made his choice easy.

And just ignore deathlove. He has to argue with everything in every thread. Damn Indy hipsters...

omg, I luv you and so do the kittens

I have all the capacity i just dont feel like hunting some self righteous game player that deems everyone guilty they see that logs out of the game.

Oh, come off it. You're not going to do anything to me because there's nothing you can do. You're just all pissy at some other human being on the internet. "I just don't feel like hunting you down" oh, come on. Listen to yourself. This isn't Call of Duty on Xbox Live.

Get a grip. 

Oh, come off it. You're not going to do anything to me because there's nothing you can do. You're just all pissy at some other human being on the internet. "I just don't feel like hunting you down" oh, come on. Listen to yourself. This isn't Call of Duty on Xbox Live.

Get a grip. 

Im not pissy im just calling your bullshit on a mad crusade to kill every player you deem unfit in terms of where to log off at. If they die thats there fault but not everyone that logs off in a high loot area is a combat logger ether.

Is Call of Duty like the only ultimate game comeback ppl can come up with on this forum? Not everyone plays Call Of Duty like you assume they do.

No i just dont like to follow these made up rules ppl like to make for Dayz thats all lol. As you said if the player died that was his own fault and choice. Other than that i have no issue with anyone on the forums.

Im not pissy im just calling your bullshit on a mad crusade to kill every player you deem unfit in terms of where to log off at. If they die thats there fault but not everyone that logs off in a high loot area is a combat logger ether.

Is Call of Duty like the only ultimate game comeback ppl can come up with on this forum? Not everyone plays Call Of Duty like you assume they do.

A huge problem with this game are people like you, who condone every combat logger and server hopper in the  name of misplaced player freedom. You're destroying the game by attempting to justify cowardly and exploitative practices by condoning them on the forums for all to see. 

• Like 5

Combat Logging is whenever you exit the game to avoid combat. In other words, to avoid player interaction. Because any player interaction could lead to combat. No matter WHAT. And for those of you saying "his game could've crashed" or "he could've been kicked for connection issues". It has already been proven that if you get kicked from the game or the game crashes, your character immediately leaves the game. But if it wasn't a direct game crash or you weren't kicked, then your player will have to wait the log timer, if you shut off your computer from the button on your computer, that isn't a DIRECT crash to just DayZ, I guess you could say, because its the entire computer and not just one game. If you get kicked from the game, the devs already knew that you would have no control over what happens/ what's happening when you get kicked, so your player immediately leaves the game without a timer. For this situation though, he could of just been sitting down (a 00000000.1% chance though) but since he was fully geared and on a low pop server at a high loot military spawn point, it wasn't combat logging, it was sever hopping, which is just as bad. For those of you giving "what-if's" and "he might've" and stuff like that. Just stop. Because in THIS situation he was server hopping. Sure he could've been attending to family responsibilities, or taking out the trash. But he wasn't. It's obvious. You did the right thing by killing him. And Deathlove, its not deeming everyone guilty. It's sayin a guy's server hopping and combat logging when he CLEARLY is.. WHICH RUINS THE GAME. So its only deeming this one guy guilty. ;)

Edited by therandomredstone
  • Like 2