CJ_14

A new breed of bandits

Beware people, because in your journey...you might encounter a new entity wandering around Chernarus seeking for you. I'm talking about...

The Bambi Bandit!

No, but seriously, today I encountered a couple of bambi bandits in Chernogorsk, I was looking for some matches and as I enter a house near the supermarket I noticed a guy going up the stairs, I approached and said "hi, how's it going?". He didn't replied. Then his friend showed around the corner upstairs, he said "oh, hi there" while raising his Sporter .22. I hid down the stairs

szyv8HD.png

I said multiple times that I was friendly, then he asked if I was and I yelled "YES man, I'm friendly...put the gun down...". But instead of lowering the weapon and be friends he says "Put your hands up and walk out there. I'm gonna shoot man" and then I thought "why would you ask if someone is friendly while aiming at him and then threaten him?" So since he already knew I was friendly (I wasn't with my weapon equipped) and still aims at me trying to shoot, I ran out the house yelling "f*** you!" then pulled out my Mosin and peeked in the corner.

Took one shot to the chest which ruined my gear, I shot him once and saw him bleed, then shot again...He's now dead. I go up the stairs saying "I told I was friendly you s** of a b****, you only had to lower your weapon. That's what you get for threa..." and at this point I realize there were two of them, I'd forgot that fact! As soon as I turn my head to the right I notice his friend with his axe up ready to chop me in half...Thank god the kiwi in my top soften the hit and I survive...Shoot him in the head once and boom...he's dead as well. Then I have to deal with 4 zombies coming in and 2 more bandits fully geared. But I shot one breaking his leg and ran. I had like only 3 bullets left, was low on health and they had M4s and AKs.

uU32R12.jpg

This new breed of bandits scare me, they look like good people so you go and talk to them, just like I tried to talk to "Blunt" here. But they ask if you're friendly so they can use that against you "oh, he's friendly...he won't expect to be shot in the back". 2 bandits less in Chernocity...

At least they died together...

Edited by CJ_14
  • Like 2

I was in Novo, and I came across a guy on the "west hill", the one with the apartments. I was turning around, so I couldn't get a good look at him, but he was saying similar stuff while I was turning around ( I am friendly, you friendly, etc etc). As soon as I was finished turning, I saw he had a Mosin already raised, so I lifted my IZH and fired. We tagged each other, and I ran off to bandage.

Freaken kids man. No-one is a gentleman anymore. If you are going to be a bandit, own your assholish ways!

• Like 5

...No-one is a gentleman anymore...

Yeah, the end of the society as we know it can do some crazy things in men

What's new about this?  This seems like a typical dayz encounter.  Not everyone who says they're friendly, is friendly, shocker.

Also, they told you to leave and you came back and killed them.  You're the "bandit" in this scenario.

• Like 10

new breed? havent seen anything yet lol but good fighting though......

• Like 1

A bandit robs you.

A murderer shoots first and asks questions later.

And acting friendly.... to get the drop on someone....  not a new ploy.

Glad you made it out without being KoS'd.

• Like 2

once at the mod long time ago dont remember what and how came to be the situation but i was part of clan who acted as bandits most of the time. any way it was my good side day for a moment at least when the guy asks for help or if he wanted to team up. all i remember is that he kept asking for stuff and began to annoying, " i said sure, i will something you never forget" pulled my 1911 and shot on his face point blank.

this other time we picked up this guy who wanted a heli ride to NW and on the way we had to pick up a team mate. boy his reaction  was priceless when we said that we were bandits, and that we were going to drop him off in the middle of nowhere up north. Since they were new to the server we dropped him off at nw. i repeat that was when we were being nice...

Edited by reapers239

What's new about this?  This seems like a typical dayz encounter.  Not everyone who says they're friendly, is friendly, shocker.

Also, they told you to leave and you came back and killed them.  You're the "bandit" in this scenario.

No one says is a shocker haha, but they shot me as I was leaving and threaten me. I don't know what game you're playing but that attitude gets you killed in Chernogorsk my friend.

Freaken kids man. No-one is a gentleman anymore. If you are going to be a bandit, own your assholish ways!

How can they be a gentleman or a man for that matter if there just kids in the first place? lol

Besides this kind of thing is not new its been going on long before the arrival of Dayz in other types of games.

Don't call them Bambi's, they have a gun, good clothes and food. A Bambi is whenever you had just spawned in the game but I agree. Also not everyone is like these pricks, they will get killed so often that they will learn that being friendly gets you places. You either have to be a super good veteran DayZ player to be a successful, constant bandit. Or you are just a dumbass pvp player that kills people and takes some of their stuff that they didn't ruin in the firefight prior.

Had a funny scenario today- came across my second person today. (first one shot one across my bow while I was tucked down in a field... ran to the orchard to save myself and he hunted me down- blamo... ) This second encounter happened about 10 minutes after respawning from the first. I had nothing- he had an axe out at least... not sure what else. 

Of course being new, I couldn't remember which key was the hands up key... so I was sitting down... clapping... pointing- accidentally gave him the finger but hoped he understood when I looked away. Anyway, I was rehearsing that after the NEXT respawn (I survived that encounter- he left me alone... so I could later be killed by zed.) 

I'm very, very certain I'm going to come across all kinds in here- hopefully as I get more familiar with folks in the forum I'll see you guys in game. 

Edited by ENO75

Just the other day I saw someone. Woa man! Then I opened fire. I constantly scream at people if they startle me or have the upper hand. Good rule of thumb, if you see someone in dayz, shoot them. Asking questions? Talking? That sounds like something food would do.

Saying "Friendly, Friendly, Friendly" in Dayz is an over used term, it basically mean "Shoot me, Shoot me, Shoot me" any more.

"Hurrr i'm friedly durrr. They be bandits, they were together in a building i killed them durr fliendly hurr ima good herro FRIENDLY!!!"

They were no bandits, hell, there is no such thing as 'bandits', you could've just walked away, and certainly you're not friendly.

"I'm friendly!" BANG shot in the head.

• Like 1

"Hurrr i'm friedly durrr. They be bandits, they were together in a building i killed them durr fliendly hurr ima good herro FRIENDLY!!!"

They were no bandits, hell, there is no such thing as 'bandits', you could've just walked away, and certainly you're not friendly.

"I'm friendly!" BANG shot in the head.

Being a Hero is for b****es. I'm just another survivor, but If they are dumb enough to shoot me, then they'll have to tolerate their death. I stated I was friendly, if they belive that or not is their problem. If they shoot me, well...deal with it then. 

Being a Hero is for b****es. I'm just another survivor, but If they are dumb enough to shoot me, then they'll have to tolerate their death. I stated I was friendly, if they belive that or not is their problem. If they shoot me, well...deal with it then. 

What do you want, a medal?

"Friendly hur durrrrrrrrrrrrrr ikill 'em, thay shoot meh, die bad guys die!"

Your username suits you well.

• Like 5

1) walking away when someone is pointing a gun at you is an excellent way to get a bullet in the back.

2) If someone tries to kill you, killing them back is all fine and dandy. It's called "self defense".

3) shooting unprovoked at other people generally means that you, not they, are the "bad guy".

• Like 1

Some people RP, some KOS... There is no faction on SA so far so, i shoot back if someone shoots at me, help when i can to people, not to robots who all they say to the mic is "friendly!!" those i put down... Most people have tried to kill me were those who claimed to be friendly, kosers doesnt count, that's that.

1) walking away when someone is pointing a gun at you is an excellent way to get a bullet in the back.

2) If someone tries to kill you, killing them back is all fine and dandy. It's called "self defense".

3) shooting unprovoked at other people generally means that you, not they, are the "bad guy".

Thanks for the insight Capt. Obvious.

Your username suits you well.

Just like yours to you.

Edited by BrainlessZombie

Some people RP, some KOS... There is no faction on SA so far so, i shoot back if someone shoots at me, help when i can to people, not to robots who all they say to the mic is "friendly!!" those i put down... Most people have tried to kill me were those who claimed to be friendly, kosers doesnt count, that's that.

There are no factions, That's a fact. This is a SANDBOX game, where people can play WHATEVER they feel like. But every kind of gameplay has consequences. Heores usually are honored by common survivors, Bandits usually get the better loot but they die a lot more, KoSers are the disgrace of Chernarus, and so on. You can be whoever you want to be here but every action (just like IRL) has a consequence and that's the consequence of the guys who asked if I was friendly and then tried to shoot me as I was leaving. Here, let me use these...

deal-with-it.png

PS: QQ More m8, Wouldn't surprise me if you were that "Blunt" or his friend.

There are no factions, That's a fact. This is a SANDBOX game, where people can play WHATEVER they feel like. But every kind of gameplay has consequences. Heores usually are honored by common survivors, Bandits usually get the better loot but they die a lot more, KoSers are the disgrace of Chernarus, and so on. You can be whoever you want to be here but every action (just like IRL) has a consequence and that's the consequence of the guys who asked if I was friendly and then tried to shoot me as I was leaving

You're as obnoxious as those kids you killed. Farewell, wont let the door hit me on the way out.

You're as obnoxious as those kids you killed. Farewell, wont let the door hit me on the way out.

Please, let the bugged door hit you on your way out

• Like 1

Please, let the bugged door hit you on your way out

....and crush you to death. wait...that was the mod.

• Like 1

There are no factions, That's a fact. This is a SANDBOX game, where people can play WHATEVER they feel like. But every kind of gameplay has consequences. Heores usually are honored by common survivors, Bandits usually get the better loot but they die a lot more, KoSers are the disgrace of Chernarus, and so on. You can be whoever you want to be here but every action (just like IRL) has a consequence and that's the consequence of the guys who asked if I was friendly and then tried to shoot me as I was leaving. Here, let me use these...

deal-with-it.png

Lol black sunglasses on a black background doesn't really get the point across xD