joshhhh0

Have good graphics card.. not getting good fps

Hey guys, im new to the forums. I have had dayz for some time now and recently got a new graphics card and power supply. I am running my graphics pretty low. Overall i'd say my graphics are low to maybe normal. here are my PC specs:

GPU: GeForce GTX 750 Ti

CPU: Intel® Core i5-4440S CPU 2.80 GHz

MEMORY: 6 GB RAM

I also have a 730w power supply. What do i need to do to make my graphics run better? 

ill say its the cpu it may be i-5 but they are 2.80's looks kinda low aim for the 3.5s if anything im not pro so im not 100% sure all i know is im running the game fine on 2 i-3's at 3.80 

yeah.. upgrade or overclock your cpu.  2.8 is slow, and this engine needs a lot cpu power.

FPS is a combo of cpu & gfx card.

Your cpu. 

It is the power saving version (S)

It only runs at 2.80 GHZ

If you want more FPS, I'd suggest upgrading the CPU. Even the regular non-power saving version of your current CPU would make a difference, but something like the i5-4670k would be ideal:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116899

I don't know if your CPU is unlocked, but if it is, try overclocking.

Hey guys, im new to the forums. I have had dayz for some time now and recently got a new graphics card and power supply. I am running my graphics pretty low. Overall i'd say my graphics are low to maybe normal. here are my PC specs:

GPU: GeForce GTX 750 Ti

CPU: Intel® Core i5-4440S CPU 2.80 GHz

MEMORY: 6 GB RAM

I also have a 730w power supply. What do i need to do to make my graphics run better? 

You have the right hardware to play DayZ smoothly. But you must get a better CPU to be able to do so.

Turn off pp and lower obejct detail and shadows. Tinker with aa as well but it's important to the look of the game to have aa on at some level.

And also that cpu is fine.

Excellent for email, internet & word processing... not good for running dayz/arma.

• Like 1

Excellent for email, internet & word processing... not good for running dayz/arma.

what CPU do you guys recommend? I'm not that savvy with computers.. Does the CPU need to be a specific kind so it will fit into my motherboard? 

what CPU do you guys recommend? I'm not that savvy with computers.. Does the CPU need to be a specific kind so it will fit into my motherboard? 

I'm using a Intel i5 3570k overclocked to 4.5Ghz with a GTX 780.. getting good fps.  

I'm using a Intel i5 3570k overclocked to 4.5Ghz with a GTX 780.. getting good fps.  

On which graphics?

What a foolish thing to say. Its a haswell i5. It is more than capable to run arma/dayz. It operates within a 1000 passmarks of the last gen 3570k on overall performance and under 190 passmarks on single threaded performance(which is what matters to dayz). What do you base your advice on? the fact that it doesnt have a "k" at the end? 

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=2119&cmp[]=1921&cmp[]=827

The problem is the CPU, as most have said, but don't think this is your fault for the choice of chip, it's the fault of the DayZ engine. The setup you have will happily run many AAA titles on fairly high settings because they are optimised games which properly support multi-core processing. From experience DayZ doesn't. 

Obviously the game is still in development, and it's come on leaps and bounds, and also I think you can get it running with the kit you have (although it won't be pretty and it won't be in a particularly high res), the way to look at it is that the game only sees your chip as a single core 2.8Gz, which if that actually was the case it would be like running a modern game on something of an equivalent to a medium power Pentium 4 - or in other words 10 years out of date equipment.

Don't be disheartened though, you are by no means in the minority. I have an 8 Core 8320 which is overclocked to 4.2 and DayZ still struggles along and while utterly infuriating considering how much of the processing power the game is ignoring, I know that sooner or later optimisations will be put into place that will allow it to take advantage of them.

In short, your CPU. The average CPU mark for it is 6032. Thats on the low end.

Besides that, there are a million and one things to do that can help.. almost.

Start with your settings, invest time in researching what is best.. and you'll find the help out there is almost limitless for dayz and graphics settings.

From there, you should consider upgrading a few things if you need too. What Ive noticed REALLY helps a ton is an SSD that is as fast as can be.. 8gb ram or higher is always nice, too much is not necessary but a decent amount will help you with some things, and it really is all about that CPU. If its a good fast CPU, then you will get higher FPS. Plain and simple.

Check out this site to see how your CPU stacks up to others.. you may find an upgrade on this list that would double your processing power, almost double your clock speed and would hopefully not cost you too much to do in the end. https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

I just recently purchased a 4790k. That was an upgrade from a Q9650. I went from 20-30fps average in most areas, higher in woods/small towns at times.. To 50-60 fps average, higher at times in small towns/woods.

Thats average. Until the game gets optimized, I will still like everyone else get really low frames in large cities at times. Sometimes Im as high as 50-60 fps in places like Novo, Cherno, Elektro. But its rare. Typical is hovering around 25-30 in large cities with massive rendering strains. 

Edited by lrish

Your CPU is fine, do some research my friend. If anything I would up your graphics to a 770 class or higher. Ideally a 970 of you have the cash. 

What a foolish thing to say. Its a haswell i5. It is more than capable to run arma/dayz. It operates within a 1000 passmarks of the last gen 3570k on overall performance and under 190 passmarks on single threaded performance(which is what matters to dayz). What do you base your advice on? the fact that it doesnt have a "k" at the end? 

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=2119&cmp[]=1921&cmp[]=827

You are entitled to your opinion.  But if you think this CPU @ 2.8 Ghz out performs one at 4.5Ghz then I believe you are the foolish one.  The K at the end simply means it is unlocked and can therefore be overclocked, so yes the K is important.  Real life examples are more relevant than benchmarks. 

This thread is wrought with bad advice. Upgrade your cpu and you will be back here asking the same questions. Any Haswell i5 has more than enough jam to run this game. 

This thread is wrought with bad advice. Upgrade your cpu and you will be back here asking the same questions. Any Haswell i5 has more than enough jam to run this game. 

Oh the irony.  Haha

You are entitled to your opinion.  But if you think this CPU @ 2.8 Ghz out performs one at 4.5Ghz then I believe you are the foolish one.  The K at the end simply means it is unlocked and can therefore be overclocked, so yes the K is important.  Real life examples are more relevant than benchmarks. 

Oh the irony.  Haha

Its not an opinion, i provided facts. 

As for real world examples.

Edited by B@ker

Your CPU is fine, do some research my friend. If anything I would up your graphics to a 770 class or higher. Ideally a 970 of you have the cash. 

im sorry but you are flat out WRONG

his cpu is INADEQUATE to run the game at a reasonable fps...PERIOD, no messing with settings is going to change that, its been proven over and over the game is completely cpu bottlenecked, my gpu is a crappy mobile card and upgrading my cpu bumped my dayz fps by about 40%

i ran an i7 at 3.5ghz and that was crap, then i upgraded to 4.5ghz...you know what....still not good enough...but unfortunately its a laptop so its hard to go above 4.5ghz

im sorry but you are flat out WRONG

his cpu is INADEQUATE to run the game at a reasonable fps...PERIOD, no messing with settings is going to change that, its been proven over and over the game is completely cpu bottlenecked, my gpu is a crappy mobile card and upgrading my cpu bumped my dayz fps by about 40%

i ran an i7 at 3.5ghz and that was crap, then i upgraded to 4.5ghz...you know what....still not good enough...but unfortunately its a laptop so its hard to go above 4.5ghz

you base this on what? show me some evidence like i have provided you all please