therandomredstone

Dayz Service Down / DDoS Attack

"Woke up some additional team members, working on mitigation to secondary resources" - Brian Hicks

The attack isn't just for the "lulz" it's genuine hatred from grinch type characters who will be alone at christmas imo. I'd be looking at disgruntled ex-employees first tbh.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 4

Hello there

At the moment you may not be able to join or will have your service interrupted, lag, server crashing etc.Character wipe is unlikely AFAIK, but nothing is guaranteed.

I also cant brain sometimes. Worry not.

Rgds

LoK

Stahp banning people and they wont DDOS the service!!!!!!

OMG just kidding.

I never did understand the mind of the DDOS'r. Hacking without monetary gain is just so pointless (unless Sergey is culprit!). 

I want to thank everyone who is working hard to restore dayz to its usual glory, You are real heroes and deserve glory

...but hurry up when you get a chance!

I noticed the Dayz TV sight has been kind of wishy washy too.....kind of weird. Oh dam...Well I really hope the devs and the dayz team can work through it and everything will be good. Best of luck!

...........Maybe its Kim Jong Song or what ever his name is, maybe he decided to play and he got shot by some ass hat down at electro......we all know how butt hurt he gets.....you see guys what happens with all the KOSing? Now cut it out. Now send a care package to him with filled with american B movies, smut books and bozzz and this will all go away! Do it or he will fire a missle into the ocean! :huh:

Lets get this done so we can have a good DayZ SA xmas cease fire! :thumbsup:

Edited by CJFlint

Don't know why it's like a mini forum beatup on Mr Sunshine Kid, but I agree with him.  Maybe because he's a low poster and if you don't have many posts, your opinions seem to be more often invalid.  The money is an investment, because he payed money which is where Bohemia Interactive gets their main source of income to pay developers, for servers, or whatever else they spend it on.  That money, then comes back to the investor (in game quality) because the more copies of the game sold, the more investment Bohemia receives to pay for more servers, more devs, more everything.  I am not saying all money received is spent back into the game, but how good the game ends up being (more features, less quirks) depends on the amount invested by fellow gamers.

To Invest;

to put (money) to use, by purchase or expenditure, in something offering potential profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.

The more money invested, the better the 'appreciation in value' of the final product of DayZ Standalone

Edited by HoneyB-John

Do I really have to point out the obvious here?

I think it flew way over his head :D

• Like 1

Don't know why it's like a mini forum beatup on Mr Sunshine Kid, but I agree with him.  Maybe because he's a low poster and if you don't have many posts, your opinions seem to be more often invalid.  The money is an investment, because he payed money which is where Bohemia Interactive gets their main source of income to pay developers, for servers, or whatever else they spend it on.  That money, then comes back to the investor (in game quality) because the more copies of the game sold, the more investment Bohemia receives to pay for more servers, more devs, more everything.  I am not saying all money received is spent back into the game, but how good the game ends up being (more features, less quirks) depends on the amount invested by fellow gamers.

To Invest;

to put (money) to use, by purchase or expenditure, in something offering potential profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.

The more money invested, the better the 'appreciation in value' of the final product of DayZ Standalone

He purchased the game early.  The money would have been there either way.  That's the difference.  I'm out of this thread everyone!

Sorry I disagree. I gave my money to BI, not for a product, but to invest in a future, complete game.

From Wikipedia (first sentence actually): "Early access, alphafunding, or paid-alpha is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can pay for a game in the early stages of development and obtain access to playable but unfinished versions of the game, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue work on the game."

I'm pretty sure BIS is putting money into DayZ. Development progress does not appear by magic

PS: We all BOUGHT an unfinished product at a considerable disscount. The end.

• Like 1

I noticed the Dayz TV sight has been kind of wishy washy too.....kind of weird. Oh dam...Well I really hope the devs and the dayz team can work through it and everything will be good. Best of luck!

...........Maybe its Kim Jong Song or what ever his name is, maybe he decided to play and he got shot by some ass hat down at electro......we all know how butt hurt he gets.....you see guys what happens with all the KOSing? Now cut it out. Now send a care package to him with filled with american B movies, smut books and bozzz and this will all go away! Do it or he will fire a missle into the ocean! :huh:

Lets get this done so we can have a good DayZ SA xmas cease fire! :thumbsup:

"Cease Fire" is a Chernarussian myth

I'm pretty sure BIS is putting money into DayZ.

Of course they are. People should not go around thinking that they get to tell BIS what to spend the money on however. Like when the PS4 version was announced and everyone went mental saying "OMG I did not fund your project so you could spend my PC gamer money on a console port". And we all know there are plenty of those out there  ^_^

• Like 2

Can we just round up all the little kiddies with a botnet and give them some good ol prison justice? so sick of these twats ddosing everything "Just cause they can" they need to get something better to do...

• Like 1

Hi, I'm having trouble getting any servers to load for DAYZ Standalone. Not one shows up. I bought this game yesterday and it was working fine. I tried to get on this morning and nothing worked. I looked around for advice to help solve my issue. I completely uninstalled DAYZ from my computer and re installed. The version that I'm seeing in the top right hand corner of the main menu is 0.52.126010.

When I hit change server I get absolutely nothing.

I've tried:

Rebooting Computer

Re-Installing the Game

Updating Update Priority on Steam

Quitting Steam and Re-Opening Steam

Rebooting Computer after Re-Install

Rebooting DAYZ (Multiple Times)

Checking Firewall Settings for DAYZ

Checking my Internet Connection

After all that I still get nothing. Can somebody please help me with this? I am becoming very frustrated as I would like to play the game I just paid for. Thanks!

• Like 2

They are under a ddos attack at the moment so just be patient they are working on it :)

• Like 1

lol i hope my character isnt wiped... i joined a server not knowing this and was disconnected, and reconnected with a fresh spawn :(

Aww poor baby.. There there

If you could limit your replies to this thread to something useful that would be much appreciated.

Thanks Magermayn. Wasn't aware.

Edited by JTN614
  • Like 2

Aww poor baby.. There there

your good, the servers aren't connected to the central hive. just log out and when this is resolved your player will be back. if you are playing dayz while it reconnects to the central hive your geared character will be overwritten with the fresh spawn one that was originally created because the server could find your geared character because it wasn't connected to the central hive. So don't play dayz till its up and running again.

Sigh... trust me, I haven't.

You dont have to invest money in return for money.

I have invested MONEY in return for a finished game that I believe I will ENJOY.  MONEY ----> ENJOYMENT. 

Sigh...

Investment is time, energy, or matter spent in the hope of future benefits actualized within a specified date or time frame.....! (LEGAL Definition)

You Bought Into an UNFINSHED product KNOWING it was unfinished and that it was In development...  Hoping the end result would justify your Cash/time.

Hello..!

Its NOT finished..!

Its IN DEVELOPEMENT.

EVERY time you play you accept shit could happen .

YOU CLICK THE I UNDERSTAND BUTTON.

Be patient.. Understand they ARE doing what they can.

Edited by Destructo_Brat
  • Like 1

North Korea is DDoSing us. I'm pretty sure Dean must have made some very unfavorable comments about Kim Jung UnJungywingwongwung. 

We must retaliate.

Iran_Missile_Launch_Wide.jpg

I would be nice to catch the little pricks that execute these types of attacks and water board them until they give up their compatriots. After that they get tossed into a grinder turned into Generic dog food along with their brethren.   

stew.jpg

Edited by Xbow

I never did understand the mind of the DDOS'r. Hacking without monetary gain is just so pointless (unless Sergey is culprit!). 

You don't understand why some people on the internet would do something just to make people upset?

• Like 2