therandomredstone

Dayz Service Down / DDoS Attack

Yeah, the game's definetly being DDOSed. I've been reset like, ten times, and it's always nighttime, no loot, etc. I'm just gonna stay away (and I advise others too) until this whole thing blows over.

It has happened many times before.. but now, its different.

See the N. Korea hackers ran out of things to do yesterday, so a few of them decided to go play dayz. They got geared, and made a camp and were having a blast. They decided to call up Lil Kim and invite to come play with them via skype. So he joins in, meets them and they are all cooking up some cow meat when this bandit clan comes out of nowhere and tortures and kills them all. 

Problem was they all were playing with the Dean Hall skin.. and well, we all know Lil Kim doesnt understand things very well. 

So now here we are. *I think they are demanding that BIS removes the bandit clans from the game and they grant Lil Kim a full character reinstatement. 

• Like 6

A "buggy patch"? Isn't that every single update for whiners like you?

You are correct. It is definitely a DDoS and not the patch. Sorry for whining.

Edited by scriptfactory
  • Like 1

If you are worrying how long it will take, what are the aftermath effects, blah blah blah, just listen closely:

-Tell ALL FRIENDS to not play DayZ: Two reasons, first reason is that if you have been playing DayZ and your character has been 'swiped', well that's not true. Most if not all of the servers are not connected to the Central Hive currently, so the servers have 'no character save to grab' for you to play, if you are playing DayZ in your 'temporary new character' then get off immediately, if the server you are playing on reconnects to the central hive WHILE YOU ARE PLAYING then your geared load out will be overwritten with what was supposed to be the 'temporary glitched new spawn character'.  So till this all blows off, DO NOT play DayZ and tell all friends to NOT play DayZ either.

-What in the world to do till this attack ends?: I have friends who are eager to play, but I had told them if they play, our characters could easily go POOF out the window. So until this attack has been confirmed to be over (the warning on this webpage should be gone, or a Standalone Developer on twitter has said that its over) what you can do in the meantime is go watch a movie or two. Relax its not the end of the world..

Share the link to this post on reddit and places like that so people have a feeling of serenity and comfort that they will be able to play soon enough.

Ooooh! This is also fun to look at: http://map.ipviking.com/

Edited by therandomredstone

You are correct. It is definitely a DDoS and not the patch. Sorry for whining.

It's all good!

I was referring to the fact you put his name in...you know what, nevermind. 

• Like 1

http://map.ipviking.com/ says hitting st louis. is that where dayz is based out of or something? How do we know for sure that this website is displaying the attack on dayz servers and not something else

http://map.ipviking.com/ says hitting st louis. is that where dayz is based out of or something? How do we know for sure that this website is displaying the attack on dayz servers and not something else

This website isn't for anything DayZ specific, it monitors cyber attacks in general.

• Like 1

This website isn't for anything DayZ specific, it monitors cyber attacks in general.

yeah, that's what i am saying, people are saying this site shows who is attacking dayz right now. but how can they know that?

please tell me you didn't really think there was a website dedicated to graphically displaying DDOS attacks on Dayz servers in real time......

please tell me you didn't really think there was a website dedicated to graphically displaying DDOS attacks on Dayz servers in real time......

you can't read.

I'm don't know why everyone is freaking out so much that they can't play DayZ for a few hours. It's like a lot of people can only NOT play it for like 5 minutes.

I love the way everyone kicks moans and complains that the Devs keep us in the dark. And we never know whats going on till the shits been cleared from the fan.

And then they kick moan and complain when they DO keep us updated.

Forgetting that They are Working their Asses off. while WE

Are sat at home on the Pc in the comfort of our homes with access to food/beer/tv...

Spare a thought for those guys running round trying to fix whatever broke.... ESPECIALLY Since its ALMOST Christmas.

Pretty sure they would all prefer to be at home with loved ones rather than in the office fighting dumbasses with no life trying to kill OUR fun....

Hi'5 Devs.  Respect well earned

• Like 12

Excited for the new updates but every server saying failed connection...or max player num reached... and the servers i normally play on are not there? Is this temporary?

Merged a few topics, please stick to one.

Also - keep the Meme- / .gif-Spam to a minimum.

Edited by kichilron

I love the way everyone kicks moans and complains that the Devs keep us in the dark. And we never know whats going on till the shits been cleared from the fan.

And then they kick moan and complain when they DO keep us updated.

Forgetting that They are Working their Asses off. while WE

Are sat at home on the Pc in the comfort of our homes with access to food/beer/tv...

Spare a thought for those guys running round trying to fix whatever broke.... ESPECIALLY Since its ALMOST Christmas.

Pretty sure they would all prefer to be at home with loved ones rather than in the office fighting dumbasses with no life trying to kill OUR fun....

Hi'5 Devs.  Respect well earned

I totally agree with you, but lets not forget the millions of dollars they have already made off DayZ ;P They have been paid to do it already haha.

But yeah, amazing devs. Amazing game.

Excited for the new updates but every server saying failed connection...or max player num reached... and the servers i normally play on are not there? Is this temporary?

if you want to keep your character I would advise not playing dayz for a few hours. Your player could be gone like that, and I don't think you want that

• Like 1

I totally agree with you, but lets not forget the millions of dollars they have already made off DayZ ;P They have been paid to do it already haha.

But yeah, amazing devs. Amazing game.

Dunno about you buddy. 

As it happens iv'e saved holiday days specifically FOR the Christmas period bc my family lives a journey away.

And I don't want to have to rush back to work.

But even so. you couldn't pay me enough to give up family time over Christmas.

We need a devluv wave going to encourage them.

• Like 3

We need a devluv wave going to encourage them.

DevLuv... that is hella cute!

Hang in there everyone, these things may take some time, but they're on it - and I love just taking a peek at the top of the forum and knowing exactly what's going on thanks to the new "Breaking News" advisory thingy :-)

Lots of DevLuv to y'all :D